Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
Had my first dream about this game and its not the one you think it is lol

So basically, MC and Derek got into a fight, both of them flew out the window, Derek died, MC survived cuz he landed on him lol

I was actually sad he died and made me even more grateful im such a loyal and great friend to Derek, even let him crash in my room.
um thanks for sharing. *washing hands*

L1m1tl3ss

Sep 27, 2023
For example, Nika from Summer gone is much more interesting. He has a complex and contradictory character, you can't call him a good guy and you can't call him an outright scumbag. He has a lot of flaws and is annoying at times. But because he feels so realistic.
:LOL::LOL: Yeah, okay. I already mentioned my distaste specifically for "ridiculously edgy teenager" type protagonists. Pretty sure that's the VN which starts out with him being held at gunpoint while he just calls the armed woman an "abomination" and an "underdeveloped creature" or something along those lines which is supposed to illustrate how little regard he has for his own life. Just came off as cringy to me. Then there was a scene in the hospital in which he doesn't wish a patient gets any better because he doesn't care about that either and after that he reveals to his sister that he's been having a hard time getting over the loss of his childhood friend that everyone else who knew this person got over fairly easily, at least when compared to him. This is supposed to be the reason he acts the way he does and let me tell you, it's laughable. That's what you consider to be peak character writing when it comes to AVNs.

anonnyscouse

Engaged Member
Jul 25, 2020

So basically, MC and Derek got into a fight, both of them flew out the window, Derek died, MC survived cuz he landed on him lol

I was actually sad he died and made me even more grateful im such a loyal and great friend to Derek, even let him crash in my room.
Maybe if he hadn't crashed in your room then he wouldn't have crashed into the ground.

colombianhoes

Oct 24, 2024
Maybe if he hadn't crashed in your room then he wouldn't have crashed into the ground.
I think thats what triggered it.

Cuz i always felt like the game is letting you being able to neglect him and there would be some kind of plot twist of how you were a bad friend or a DIK brother to him and not realizing his problems hence hes now depressed or something.

Cuz hes living in a closet, failing with every girl he tries, im not sure but i think you can be a bad friend to him or make him jelaous, he said he doesnt care about college but only Maya. Also probably cheated during that test, he could get expelled eventually. Who knows what else.

Feb 19, 2021

That wasn't a dream, it was foreshadowing.

Last edited:

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Just a quick brainstorm.

Pros:
  • MC doesn't rape girls in their sleep.
  • MC doesn't drug girls in order to have sex with them (rape them in other words).
  • MC doesn't accidentally fall over and slip his DIK into his sister (not technically rape if it's an accident, unless it's an "accident").
  • MC doesn't spy on... Oh yeah, ok, he does spy on girls getting changed... :rolleyes:
  • MC tells girls he likes them if he likes them. Then they fuck.
  • Girls often have their own agency and direction, they don't live for the mc's pleasure (but they are still accommodating).
  • A huge number of the girls have their own distinct personalities.
  • MC isn't a narcissistic cunt.
  • MC doesn't have an Oedipus Complex (or does he... is it him or us that is looking at his naked mom's image through the diary :unsure:)
  • MC's dad is alive and he isn't a piece of shit.
  • Episodes are HUGE.
  • Comedy is very good.
  • Music is very well selected (at least in the earlier episodes, it doesn't do much for me lately).
  • The main plot is simple but engaging.
  • Phone interface is well done.
  • DnG (yeah you all know you love it, pretty sure the finale episode is gonna be one huge DnG game with all the guests at the mc's wedding).
  • Flowing dialog that's an engaging read (plus don't get bogged down in walls of text where a good render will do all the talking).
  • Good renders.
  • Fine animations.
  • Good pacing (except for the year wait between episodes now).
  • And I personally like that there is extremely minimal narration, mostly it's just visual actions and dialogue. DPC indicated that narration is one of his weak points so he avoids it, but I haven't seen too many AVNs that narrate well anyway, and the dialogue driven story is more engaging to me anyway.

Cons:
  1. Episodes take too long due to bloat (mostly unnecessarily long animations).
  2. Episode 9's direction (random flashbacks are a horrible way to tell a story like this).
  3. Longer and longer free roams are starting to turn the game into a pseudo sandbox.
  4. Free roam navigation is utterly shit.
  5. Can't think of other stuff that I think is detracting from the game's enjoyment at the moment.

The game is rated in the top 10 of this site for a reason, and has the most views, the most replies, the most reactions (to the first post), the most ratings, pretty much the most everything. And well deserved. But yeah, it's still fun to put the boot into DPC when we feel he's a LMMF. And for the Maya loan debacle! :p
This is probably a personal pro, but I enjoy just about every character. There's very few, outside of the ones designed to be unlikable, that I wish would just drop dead (Madame Rose you oily fucking manatee)! And I also love all of the main girls, when normally theres be one or two that I don't much care for.
one step at a time you are getting closer to my position.:ROFLMAO:
I'm gonna be honest, idk if it's you or me, but when we debate I sort of lose track of what exactly your point is :HideThePain:
MC canon is not neutral but it is very Chick, and it is so predominant that the choices made about affinity all come across as quite contrived.

you talked about the importance of the picnic with Jill, which is so crucial in clarifying the feelings she has. AND YET, if Mc is DIK, after this pivotal moment, a couple of days later Jill realizes that he is not the right man and at that point his fate (??!) is sealed. doesn't that seem a bit of a specious decision?
your point is good. well, it makes the whole scene stupid, where retarted mc cant say out a few words like "Jill, its good idea, i want it, but i have to caring a sick friend. come with me to Sage, 1-2 hour later we go to the picknick."
I would add that this is not only a missed opportunity to connect with Fuckface, but also her last chance (in near future) to clarify where they stand in their relationship. Remember, she gave in to MelonFucker's blackmail and promised not to contact Fuckface in any way for the next month or so.

And since Jill is a bit dense unhealthy honest, she would rather provide the watermelon services to Tyballs than break her word to the blackmailer given under the pressure. It is clear that she is in despair because her surprise has failed (and probably even she realizes that Fuckface is unlikely to wear a chastity cage for a month).
It a scene Jill still hasn't live down and one of the main reasons a lot of people don't like her. DPC wanted a way to close off relationship with Jill but the way he didn't makes her look bad. I can get Jill being upset about MC not going with her after she planned something nice for him. Jill would understand about Sage being sick why couldn't they do something afterward it not like it going to take all day
It's like the Butterfly Effect, small things can have big consequences. Missing the picnic means losing out on Jill, even if it would make logical sense to postpone for even an hour or two. And a DIK picnic makes no difference in the moment, but Jill still has an overall impression of him outside that critical scene and it still leans negative in the end. Whoever had that analogy earlier of a woman being rescued by a handsome man or a homeless guy had the right idea, it's about much more than just making the right choices.

Feb 19, 2021
It's like the Butterfly Effect, small things can have big consequences. Missing the picnic means losing out on Jill, even if it would make logical sense to postpone for even an hour or two. And a DIK picnic makes no difference in the moment, but Jill still has an overall impression of him outside that critical scene and it still leans negative in the end. Whoever had that analogy earlier of a woman being rescued by a handsome man or a homeless guy had the right idea, it's about much more than just making the right choices.
You tell 'em, DPC!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm gonna be honest, idk if it's you or me, but when we debate I sort of lose track of what exactly your point is :HideThePain:
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

The point, beyond the attempts at confusion, is clearly whether a mc dik and chick are really different or not.

The reaction of mc to Zoey does not seem to me to be as universal as the loss of his father might be.

Mc is pretty much the same, at most he is a victim of prejudice if we really want to continue to defend the affinity mechanism

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
This is probably a personal pro, but I enjoy just about every character. There's very few, outside of the ones designed to be unlikable, that I wish would just drop dead (Madame Rose you oily fucking manatee)! And I also love all of the main girls, when normally theres be one or two that I don't much care for.

Your right small things can have big consequences case and point Josy has the best consequences
Josynakedinbed.png
Alady Alady Alady :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Feb 19, 2021
I don't mean to bring down the mood and be sappy, but I lost someone close to me last week and it's been one of the worst moments in my life. But you guys have honestly helped me cope a lot and just keep myself distracted at times just by being yourselves, so thank you for that. I know we shouldn't really go off-topic, but since it relates to the thread I thought it'd be fine to say it.
(Anyway, Jill best girl.)

Last edited:

Better Cock Spock

Half Vulcan, Half Simp
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I don't mean to bring down the mood and be sappy, but I lost someone close to me last week and it's been one of the worst moments in my life. But you guys have honestly helped me cope a lot and just keep myself distracted at times just by being yourselves, so thank you for that.
I know we shouldn't really go off-topic, but since it relates to the thread I thought It'd be fine to say it.
1729803466785.png
Stay strong brother!

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I don't mean to bring down the mood and be sappy, but I lost someone close to me last week and it's been one of the worst moments in my life. But you guys have honestly helped me cope a lot and just keep myself distracted at times just by being yourselves, so thank you for that. I know we shouldn't really go off-topic, but since it relates to the thread I thought It'd be fine to say it.
So sorry man for your lost hope this crazy place can give you an escape from things.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JillybeanEnjoyer

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
I don't mean to bring down the mood and be sappy, but I lost someone close to me last week and it's been one of the worst moments in my life. But you guys have honestly helped me cope a lot and just keep myself distracted at times just by being yourselves, so thank you for that. I know we shouldn't really go off-topic, but since it relates to the thread I thought it'd be fine to say it.
I'm sorry for your loss

You are not the only one. Last month I lost a close family member, so I know the feeling, smiling once or twice after reading some of the posts here, made me feel a little better

redbone89

Jul 20, 2017
Sorry for your lose, i wish you and the family the best bro and i wish you the best in the future, keep your head up high king <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: JillybeanEnjoyer
4.80 star(s) 1,547 Votes