Boby90

Sep 3, 2018
Ok so, I partially understand the public reaction towards how things went down with Josy and Maya in episode 4,in comparison to how Doc usually handles things and how he handled the other main girls this part was a bit off (referring only to content that cannot be controlled by MC ) but I stress the fact that its not really like that because you can have both:
1. Full closure, as some mentioned or requested.
2. Continuance towards aiming for something more, with branching available - need to stress this as much as possible
So all is not lost, I can assure you that future updates will patch this up to a certain extent, Doc tends to do that... he is currently the best out there in my opinion and he invests a lot of heart in this project.

I had, more or less, the same reaction after finishing this update with my main and single save/playthrough and yes I did get annoyed because of this and I blamed the stats/affinity/path system but after reviewing a few things and putting two and two together I realized that the parts I did not like were caused by my choices in game ( both major and minor ). I am sure that a lot of you have done the same but maybe have not realized it yet. As I said, after reviewing a few things and talking to some users from this thread I have finished setting the field for my 2nd playthrough which is going to become my main and I am 90% convinced that things should go down differently (it will be a DIK stats playthrough mostly but with small tweaks here and there, mentioning this because I know that most prefer this path and I am included among them). I strongly recommend that a lot do the same, also because you will be less distracted by our beautiful protagonists this time around and you will be able to focus more on the story and its impact :)). As for me, I will update my post after I have done this and I will be able to say if I managed to get/create the ideal playthrough so far, which from what I have read throughout the thread is kind of the same result that the majority wants.

Are some girls better than others from multiple standpoints ? Hell yeah, at least for the moment - I am currently on Team Sage and I think I will stay that way until we get A LOT more content but you never know because I am sure that Doc will surprise us ( no seriously , I mean that ), If the surprise is enough to tip the scales in another's favor I might change my choice.

Jill and Bella - Yes I know we don't have content for them as we do for the others, yes I know that so far with them its just mood swings and talking and trying to understand stuff and even sometimes taking a load of crap BUT they kinda' are the good girls in this story. What did you expect? I am sure that Season 2 will have a lot more planned for them and then we should be able to make a solid opinion/choice in regards to what's what until then... well I guess its safe to say that they are somewhat of a side character.

Again, I apologize for the wall of text and appreciate those who read and comment.

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019
When you come back to the thread and see 30 more pages

30? Just 30?! I wish :KEK:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Goddamn you really hate them bitches.:ROFLMAO:
But hey at least now DPC can focus more on the other girls.
My biggest fear is this. He has not finished.
I've seen a lot of people here saying things like "but I chose to be friends with her so now I can be free". I DOUBT, very hard.
He will still force us, these two down our throats, wait and see!
Just like Name88 said, this will still be developed ... Gods, I don't even want to see.

The only thing I really wanted in this whole Josy and Maya scene was to finally be able to send Maya to graze and have a chance at a solo relationship with Josy, enjoying the good DIK lifes has to offer. For she is clearly one of us! At least it was meant to be, before this stupid ending.

Last edited:

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Ok so, I partially understand the public reaction towards how things went down with Josy and Maya in episode 4,in comparison to how Doc usually handles things and how he handled the other main girls this part was a bit off (referring only to content that cannot be controlled by MC ) but I stress the fact that its not really like that because you can have both:
1. Full closure, as some mentioned or requested.
2. Continuance towards aiming for something more, with branching available - need to stress this as much as possible
So all is not lost, I can assure you that future updates will patch this up to a certain extent, Doc tends to do that... he is currently the best out there in my opinion and he invests a lot of heart in this project.

I had, more or less, the same reaction after finishing this update with my main and single save/playthrough and yes I did get annoyed because of this and I blamed the stats/affinity/path system but after reviewing a few things and putting two and two together I realized that the parts I did not like were caused by my choices in game ( both major and minor ). I am sure that a lot of you have done the same but maybe have not realized it yet. As I said, after reviewing a few things and talking to some users from this thread I have finished setting the field for my 2nd playthrough which is going to become my main and I am 90% convinced that things should go down differently (it will be a DIK stats playthrough mostly but with small tweaks here and there, mentioning this because I know that most prefer this path and I am included among them). I strongly recommend that a lot do the same, also because you will be less distracted by our beautiful protagonists this time around and you will be able to focus more on the story and its impact :)). As for me, I will update my post after I have done this and I will be able to say if I managed to get/create the ideal playthrough so far, which from what I have read throughout the thread is kind of the same result that the majority wants.

Are some girls better than others from multiple standpoints ? Hell yeah, at least for the moment - I am currently on Team Sage and I think I will stay that way until we get A LOT more content but you never know because I am sure that Doc will surprise us ( no seriously , I mean that ), If the surprise is enough to tip the scales in another's favor I might change my choice.

Jill and Bella - Yes I know we don't have content for them as we do for the others, yes I know that so far with them its just mood swings and talking and trying to understand stuff and even sometimes taking a load of crap BUT they kinda' are the good girls in this story. What did you expect? I am sure that Season 2 will have a lot more planned for them and then we should be able to make a solid opinion/choice in regards to what's what until then... well I guess its safe to say that they are somewhat of a side character.

Again, I apologize for the wall of text and appreciate those who read and comment.
It's not affected by your minor choices. Only the major ones. This has been confirmed many times in this thread. It's very easy to have a neutral affinity and get almost all content/routes intact (I think the only thing you will miss is Jill shower scene). Don't beat up Troy, don't fight with the jocks and console that fuckboy at the grocery store and you'll have neutral affinity without really negatively affecting the story at all.

Boby90

Sep 3, 2018
It's not affected by your minor choices. Only the major ones. This has been confirmed many times in this thread. It's very easy to have a neutral affinity and get almost all content/routes intact (I think the only thing you will miss is Jill shower scene). Don't beat up Troy, don't fight with the jocks and console that fuckboy at the grocery store and you'll have neutral affinity without really negatively affecting the story at all.
Yeah, when I was referring to minor choices I mean mine from my playthrough :)

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
Yeah, when I was referring to minor choices I mean mine from my playthrough :)
When I think about it I'm pretty sure this system is just too ambitious and is becoming clearer and clearer every update that it's gonna get very convoluted if it isn't already. Having content gated behind three different systems (RP, DIK points and Affinity) with some point gains in those systems being gated again behind the other systems... It's just way too much. Getting a main Neutral playthrough/save that hits as much content as possible seems kinda pointless especially if the Maya/Josy thing is anything to go by for the future. Jill is almost certainly gonna be locked behind CHICK route in some way.

damndor

Looking for a nothing
Donor
Mar 10, 2018
Haha, DrPinkCake - That school scene with MC and Derek is like a recreation from American Pie 2. This is what I mean that Derek is like BADIK's own version of Stifler. Even Chris looks like the MC, in a way. Brilliant stuff, man. I keep love seeing these American Pie-references here and there, intentional or not.

Hour 23 and still playing...

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
I love this update. Tho I wish there was a way to fuck them all in one playthrough. It's just so hard to choose. So I went for the Joise Maya sandwich.
You can get pretty close to this on DIK path with some strategic choices here and there.
Fuck List
Sage - Beat it up no questions asked
Josy - Wanted her parents to watch me finish
Maya - Didn't slam in all the way but penetration still counts to me
Bella - Came on her and got her taking double glances at her ring finger
Jill - Maybe (Told her about checking in on Cathy and she seemed to love it)
Quinn - The weed made me do it
My biggest fear is this. He has not finished.
I've seen a lot of people here saying things like "but I chose to be friends with her so now I can be free". I DOUBT, very hard.
He will still force us, these two down our throats, wait and see!
Just like Name88 said, this will still be developed ... Gods, I don't even want to see.
I actually want Maya & Josy to be around but at a distance.
I want them to continue watching me force "something" down other girls throats.:p

ninetofive

Oct 23, 2019
The only thing I really wanted in this whole Josy and Maya scene was to finally be able to send Maya to graze and have a chance at a solo relationship with Josy, enjoying the good DIK lifes has to offer. For she is clearly one of us! At least it was meant to be, before this stupid ending.
As others have said before me, I'm not convinced this is the end of both routes completely if they reject the three way relationship. Josy especially is meant to have a bit of a wild side, says she thinks you will make a great DIK right before she fucks you, and it's noted in her bio that she seems to have a thing for bad boys. Plus she has experienced the MC's Massive DIK which every other girl is basically addicted to.

Boby90

Sep 3, 2018
When I think about it I'm pretty sure this system is just too ambitious and is becoming clearer and clearer every update that it's gonna get very convoluted if it isn't already. Having content gated behind three different systems (RP, DIK points and Affinity) with some point gains in those systems being gated again behind the other systems... It's just way too much. Getting a main Neutral playthrough/save that hits as much content as possible seems kinda pointless especially if the Maya/Josy thing is anything to go by for the future. Jill is almost certainly gonna be locked behind CHICK route in some way.

Yep, I also believe that will happen but the system does not bother me to be honest. Its clear that you're gonna have to work for the endings, AL had a ton of endings, that wont be the case here but it will still be a lot of branching and choices and maybe even leaning towards extreme affinities and so on in order to get things going your way. It makes sense in a lot of ways, as for the Neutral playthrough...it currently works so its best to enjoy it, if at a certain point we will have an update that doesn't benefit Neutral anymore...well that will be the point when we'll have to start from scratch although it might not come to that entirely, we'll see.

I just remembered, as a side note, I don't know if maybe the feedback from Patreon and Discord or maybe even from this thread had any impact on Doc's plans but in the last update I noticed a heavy leaning towards Quinn, more than usual and more than with any other side char. It might be possible that Doc's planning on integrating her into the main fold somehow in the future, it's just a hunch though.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
As others have said before me, I'm not convinced this is the end of both routes completely if they reject the three way relationship. Josy especially is meant to have a bit of a wild side, says she thinks you will make a great DIK right before she fucks you, and it's noted in her bio that she seems to have a thing for bad boys. Plus she has experienced the MC's Massive DIK which every other girl is basically addicted to.
THAT would make the route interesting. And add more drama.

Monetauro

Nov 18, 2019
I actually want Maya & Josy to be around but at a distance.
I want them to continue watching me force "something" down other girls throats.:p
That part with Sage at the end of the movie made my love for her grow 50%.
And now I'll finally have a good reason to make a move being Chick. Catch Jill while Josy, being her new friend, watches all.

Of course this is not the end. I said, I strongly doubt it will be. Unfortunately, I can't take it anymore.
Do the test. I don't know if you ever played seeing the scores. But if you start a game and choose DIK actions only, throughout the hole campaign, you get more points with Josy.
This girl will still cheat on Maya again, listen to what I'm saying.

Boby90

Sep 3, 2018
That makes a lot of sense, and I think it is bound to happen, that is of course in the event that Doc wants to do some damage control in regards to Ep 4 Maya/Josy events. If he is convinced that the events were valid and necessary... slim chances.

Boby90

Sep 3, 2018
That makes a lot of sense, and I think it is bound to happen, that is of course in the event that Doc wants to do some damage control in regards to Ep 4 Maya/Josy events. If he is convinced that the events were valid and necessary... slim chances.
But seriously, can anyone tell me how to wipe clean the gallery and rewards section? I tried deleting the persistent file but it had no effect.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Okay so I have just finished reading and I must say i'm not overly keen on the "you either have both of them in a relationship or nothing approach" Considering both maya & josy was just about ready to throw in the towel with there relationships anyway before josy joined college, I would have prefered A choice. But hey at least I can forget about them now and concentrate on Jill as she seems to be the 10 to 1 favourite for a long term committed relationship in the future :)

Ale82

Apr 9, 2018
Why is everyone so angry at the J&M stuff?

This is only the end of season 1... tons of stuff can (and will) happen in the future. If you chose friends, that can change... if you chose more, that can change too. Hell, they can even break up with each other and MC can pursue one of them instead.

One can argue that it wasn't the best script as they magically became a couple again after all the fighting, but other than that it's not a big deal really.

BTW, didn't our maggots forgot a task on the list for hell week?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes