paulpi1993

Apr 3, 2019
Hi guys, just a quick question. The new update (i checked but I am still not sure) does it have any new content from 5.0? OR is it just a bug fix and it doesn't have any new content?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
DPC won't change the gameplay at this point, so everyone will need to wrap their heads around it. DPC likes to herd players into discrete paths apparently.

Don't see the problem with the affinity mechanic personally.

If your major decisions involve fighting, drugs, prostitution etc. the 'nice' people think you're an ass and don't want to associate with the MC (some CHICK options become unavailable).

If your major decisions involve avoid partying and laddish behaviour, the 'party' people think you're boring and don't want to hang with the MC (some DIK options become unavailable).

Changing the mechanic to only CHICK/DIK points wouldn't change the results anyway (mostly DIK choices leading to being locked out of CHICK events and vice versa).
But this is the problem with the affinity system. You can make all the major DIK choices by fighting Troy, accepting Quinn's phone number, not being nice to Steve, fighting the Jocks, partying without limits at the Pink Rose, allowing Jade's advances, and smoking weed with Quinn, but you can also do absolutely everything with Maya (say you like her, say you'll help her in ep 2, go back to her after the party, say you'll help her again in ep 3, and have half-sex with her), and do everything with Josy including almost have sex with her, and be super nice to both of them all the time, but then they reject you because you have DIK affinity.

So why, if you do everything with them and are super nice to them, would they reject you? It doesn't seem in any way reasonable that they should reject the MC because he has been nothing but good to them. None of those other choices should really have any bearing on how they view him.

It's not a great system, and while I understand DPC wanting to implement a system where choices have consequences, this is far froma a prefect one that they have in this game and it's quite deeply flawed in many respects.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
People are hoping it's 12 because then we'd be done in just 2 more years and 3 seasons feels like a good enough number.
When I've seen the 12 chapter prediction it has always made sense to me because that's a good way to break up the MC's first year, minus holidays which would be prime opportunites for time jumps (although Spring Break would need its own chapter)

I say first year because Sage, Rusty and Tommy are in their final year, As should Aerith since she's 24 as stated on Swyper and Quinn is probably the same age as Sage. That's too many characters to lose unless DPC plans on making BaD a soap opera with an ever rotating cast.
Hi guys, just a quick question. The new update (i checked but I am still not sure) does it have any new content from 5.0? OR is it just a bug fix and it doesn't have any new content?
It is entirely possible that going to the very first post of this thread and reading the changelog may provide the answers you seek.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
So why, if you do everything with them and are super nice to them, would they reject you? It doesn't seem in any way reasonable that they should reject the MC because he has been nothing but good to them. None of those other choices should really have any bearing on how they view him.
The apparent telepathy of NPCs you've been nice to treating you as a DIK is presumably because people gossip, so even if you're nice to them they know the MC does a lot of DIK stuff elsewhere?

As I said, eliminating affinity wouldn't fix this, DIK points twice CHICK points would do the same thing. The issue here is where DPC chooses to lock players out of content rather than the affinity mechanic.

Reactions: Tumai

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I was just saying, who would want to go to college being a submissive wimp. You can be a nice guy and stand your ground at the same time! You can be assertive and not be a asshole at the same time..
Right there is no middle ground. Take the fight scenes. Kick all their asses or Run away. Me I'm just going to walk out and if they start shit I'll end it but I ain't running after some guy tries to sucker punch me, so I whip his ass and then his friends show up. Just to extreme.

Lets say you have a gun and someone with a knife comes up to you, what do you do? Well in DPC's world I would A shoot him or B Run away screaming like a little girl :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh and by the way once you run away screaming like a little girl, you always have to run away screaming like a little girl
But this is the problem with the affinity system. You can make all the major DIK choices by fighting Troy, accepting Quinn's phone number, not being nice to Steve, fighting the Jocks, partying without limits at the Pink Rose, allowing Jade's advances, and smoking weed with Quinn, but you can also do absolutely everything with Maya (say you like her, say you'll help her in ep 2, go back to her after the party, say you'll help her again in ep 3, and have half-sex with her), and do everything with Josy including almost have sex with her, and be super nice to both of them all the time, but then they reject you because you have DIK affinity.

It's not a great system, and while I understand DPC wanting to implement a system where choices have consequences, this is far froma a prefect one that they have in this game and it's quite deeply flawed in many respects.
A-fucking-Men

• Angry
Reactions: lonerboner

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
In terms of addiction, I think both Tommy and Riona are in deeper than Quinn. So if DPC has anyone ODing in the game (and I am not saying there will be any at all), it'll be between those two methinks.
If your theory holds true then my take is that it has to be Riona, for impact reasons. I mean, does anybody really care if Tommy bites the dust? :unsure:

Reactions: ff009 and Darkmetal

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
If your theory holds true then my take is that it has to be Riona, for impact reasons. I mean, does anybody really care if Tommy bites the dust? :unsure:
Only that his biting of the dust would not be at my, sorry, the MC's, hand rahter than by outside influences. I want to pou...no...I want the MC to pound his stupid arrogant face in.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
Right there is no middle ground. Take the fight scenes. Kick all their asses or Run away. Me I'm just going to walk out and if they start shit I'll end it but I ain't running after some guy tries to sucker punch me, so I whip his ass and then his friends show up. Just to extreme.

Lets say you have a gun and someone with a knife comes up to you, what do you do? Well in DPC's world I would A shoot him or B Run away screaming like a little girl :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A-fucking-Men
The game is all about doing stupid shit to get into the DIKS!!!!! Why would anyone play to be a WUSS?? Ilove the game but shit... I can't bring myself to play that way to get more content. I tried 3 times before and was gonna start a new save tonight but I know I can't do it... Start off all Seasme Street but end up 40 shades of Grey

• Haha
Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
The apparent telepathy of NPCs you've been nice to treating you as a DIK is presumably because people gossip, so even if you're nice to them they know the MC does a lot of DIK stuff elsewhere?

As I said, eliminating affinity wouldn't fix this, DIK points twice CHICK points would do the same thing. The issue here is where DPC chooses to lock players out of content rather than the affinity mechanic.
That thing about gossip would make sense if they cared about it. Ignoring the fact that Josy don't know anything about any gossip: She don't care that you are with another girl at B&R and neither do Maya cares about you being with Josy. So why would they care if you are being an asshole with other assholes?

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
The game is all about doing stupid shit to get into the DIKS!!!!! Why would anyone play to be a WUSS?? Ilove the game but shit... I can't bring myself to play that way to get more content. I tried 3 times before and was gonna start a new save tonight but I know I can't do it... Start off all Seasme Street but end up 40 shades of Grey
I just don't like how, using your analogy, I can start all sesame street with my main choices but literally make all the little DIK choices and people still think I'm a nice guy or vis versa.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Tommy will end getting himself killed. He is THE definition of a fucking time bomb.
Yeah but he's going to take everyone else with him. Tommy has been the instigator in a lot of this. He slept with arieth, he started the march to throw the dildos at the jocks, he's the one that wanted us to break into the preps during their party, etc. etc. Without Tommy their wouldn't be even close to as much drama.

Tommy doesn't give a flying fludpucker about anyone but himself.

Reactions: Kodek

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
I just don't like how, using your analogy, I can start all sesame street with my main choices but literally make all the little DIK choices and people still think I'm a nice guy or vis versa.
And let's not mention that is counter productive. You can make every DIK minor decision, but if you make enough CHICK major decisions then eventually you will need to stop making minor DIK decisions. It just don't make sense.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah but he's going to take everyone else with him. Tommy has been the instigator in a lot of this. He slept with arieth, he started the march to throw the dildos at the jocks, he's the one that wanted us to break into the preps during their party, etc. etc. Without Tommy their wouldn't be even close to as much drama.

Tommy doesn't give a flying fludpucker about anyone but himself.
Either that or someone take the fall with him or bring him down forcefully. Not to mention the drug plot which will turn into shit for Quinn and Tommy probably.

Edit: If i had to take a wild guess on who would take the fall for both, it would be Rusty for a side character and Sage for a LI.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I was just saying, who would want to go to college being a submissive wimp. You can be a nice guy and stand your ground at the same time! You can be assertive and not be a asshole at the same time..
Yeah, I don't see any reason why my CHICK status MC couldn't have asked Camila and Mona to get into the bathroom stall so he can fuck them, or why he wouldn't have the brass cojones to ask a hot milf stripper for anal.

So M&J know that the MC took Quinn's number to order off her menu? They know that he left Steve alone to cry in a cupboard? They know that he let Jade give him a handjob? :WaitWhat: Yeah, I don't think so.

There is absolutely zero reason they should reject him if he's been nothing but good to them if the MC made nothing but positive choices in favour of them, just like there is absolutely zero reason why he can't get Quinn to give him a little more when he has her pinned to the bed in ep 4, and absolutely no reason why he and Jill can't shower at the same time.

The affinity system is flawed because it creates a two-tiered system that doesn't properly connect with itself and creates great inconsistencies in the MC's character and actions when he can have an affinity in one direction and status in another.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Whatever happened to you, I am so sorry it did. Walking away from a fight you cannot win is common sense. Walking away from a fight you know you can easily win is wisdom. Getting into a fight you know you could walk away from is being a punk-ass bitch and as for getting into a fight you know you can't win, well, there a whole lot of words to describe someone who would do that, all of them derogatory.

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
As I said... You can be nice to a point then you can't let it go no more.. Plus a quite guy that everyone picks on ain't getting no chicks.... LOL That's life

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes