Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Somebody above posted that until we see the mother dead then she's alive.
That's a bit of a stretch and a long con if it was the case then Neil might have done it to protect the MC but no I'd say she's dead it's just too much a revelation like that would break the MC and one thing I wouldn't want to see is some drama between Neil and the MC we got enough going on without that. Plus Neil seems like a stand-up guy and has gone out of his way to provide what he can for his son.

Dec 20, 2019
That's a bit of a stretch and a long con if it was the case then Neil might have done it to protect the MC but no I'd say she's dead it's just too much a revelation like that would break the MC and one thing I wouldn't want to see is some drama between Neil and the MC we got enough going on without that. Plus Neil seems like a stand-up guy and has gone out of his way to provide what he can for his son.
For a guy that straight asks his son to use condom and loses his train of thought when conversing with his son, I don't think he can keep it a secret for 19 years.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I agree. Protect him from what? A jerk of family that is class prejudice? He already knows that.
How about a required common sense and semi-intelligent requirement as long as we're at it

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I agree. Protect him from what? A jerk of family that is class prejudice? He already knows that.

How about a required common sense and semi-intelligent requirement as long as we're at it
Well there's different kinds of intelligence you know, some got dah street smartz o_O

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
Question: If Arieth is as dumb as we think why isn't she on the menu? I don't think Quinn would let an opportunity like that pass right? She could literally take advantage of her stupidity by saying there's a bunch of horny dude in the stall waiting for you.
I'm thinking that maybe Quinn already assumes or knows she has an STD & that's not good for business. They need repeat customers.

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
However Neil lying to his son for almost 19 years about the death of his mother would totally destroy the MC's trust and relationship with his father. Might as well just kill him off at that point, same shit.

Unless that's what Neil assumed (She's dead)? It's possible Lynette's family paid hospital/people off to keep her away from Neil. If this was true that would be one hell of a plot twist. But, I also don't think DPA is that deep.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Garrett Hawke

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Unless that's what Neil assumed (She's dead)? It's possible Lynette's family paid hospital/people off to keep her away from Neil. If this was true that would be one hell of a plot twist. But, I also don't think DPA is that deep.
the problem is never the plot twist itself.

the problem is its explanation, which must be credible and not forced.

as in the case of Bella's husband, we can now accept some of her behavior, but to the explanation must be adequate, otherwise everything collapses

Reactions: KoolMe

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
the problem is never the plot twist itself.

the problem is its explanation, which must be credible and not forced.

as in the case of Bella's husband, we can now accept some of her behavior, but to the explanation must be adequate, otherwise everything collapses
That's not really forced if it's been foreshadowed in some way we all may have overlooked. Like that newspaper with the rescue of people at sea. Idk, just saying, there could be more than a simple storyline of sex, and drugs. With powerful families in this game, anything is possible.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
That's not really forced if it's been foreshadowed in some way we all may have overlooked. Like that newspaper with the rescue of people at sea. Idk, just saying, there could be more than a simple storyline of sex, and drugs. With powerful families in this game, anything is possible.
same thing i was thinking

solarBear

Jun 10, 2020
I get your point but to me its kind of futile to ague about it on the basis of story realism .
DPC is creative enough to design a scenario to fit the narrative smoothly and drop a bukkake of drama on it
but he hasn't done it ....not just mother even sisters,aunts and grandmas are absents....is both of his games..why?
I think its Simply to keep the "motherfuckers" out
once he introduces any attractive female relative the huge incest crowd would flock around asking for the forbidden and he might have to make tough choices to disappoint people
killing the mother at the start was psycopathic but clever move by dpc to avoid these situations

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
turning a teen school drama into an international crime story can be considered forced according to me :D

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I get your point but to me its kind of futile to ague about it on the basis of story realism .
DPC is creative enough to design a scenario to fit the narrative smoothly and drop a bukkake of drama on it
but he hasn't done it ....not just mother even sisters,aunts and grandmas are absents....is both of his games..why?
I think its Simply to keep the "motherfuckers" out
once he introduces any attractive female relative the huge incest crowd would flock around asking for the forbidden and he might have to make tough choices to disappoint people
killing the mother at the start was psycopathic but clever move by dpc to avoid these situations
maybe , about all i can say to this

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes