Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Unless that's what Neil assumed (She's dead)? It's possible Lynette's family paid hospital/people off to keep her away from Neil. If this was true that would be one hell of a plot twist. But, I also don't think DPA is that deep.
Then where has Lynette been for 19 years? Hiding with her family that she already left to be with Neil in the first place and abandoning her son? Can't see it.

Reactions: TundraLupus

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Then where has Lynette been for 19 years? Hiding with her family that she already left to be with Neil in the first place and abandoning her son? Can't see it.
It's a rare scenario, but IRL one of my friends has never met her mother. After she was born, her mother walked away and didn't want anything to do with my friend or her dad.

Having said that, I fully understand why it is highly unlikely to be the case in this game, because of what Neil said, as well as having a letter about the mother.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
It's a rare scenario, but IRL one of my friends has never met her mother. After she was born, her mother walked away and didn't want anything to do with my friend or her dad.

Having said that, I fully understand why it is highly unlikely to be the case in this game, because of what Neil said, as well as having a letter about the mother.
I'm not saying it isn't possible. However from my point of view if my mother had abandoned me at birth then came back into my life after 19 years and wanted anything from me I would tell her to go fuck herself. I can't even imagine a scenario that would lead me to forgiving her in that instance. Nor can I imagine Neil not telling me that over the phone in reference to the letter. Why would he be supportive of the letter if she had abandoned him as well? Starting to get a lot of hypothetical's attached to this theory in order for it to work. To Twilight Zone for me.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
The thing about twists is that they come in 3 categories which I will call the should've seen it coming*, the makes sense in retrospect** and the mindfuck*** (there's also the badly written but we'll ignore that). This whole 'MC's mother is secretly alive' theory is in the second category where it is entirely possible for that scenario to be true but, since it can only make sense after the reveal, it is something nobody can work out in advance (the second type is the worst type, imo)

*Example would be The Sixth Sense (1999) where all the clues are clearly presented, such that it is possible to work out the twist long before the reveal.

**Example is Trance (2013) where a salient fact is only revealed at the end which, while consistent with everything that's gone before, could not be worked out ahead of time.

***Example, The Usual Suspects (1995) where the use of the unreliable narrator trope means the twist is impossible to see but for entirely justifiable reasons.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Have you seen what's on Netflix or in books? It's all teen school drama. Just look at Riverdale
out of 100 stories how many undergo a complete change like that?

and the clue would be that we were not present at the funeral.

it continues to seem forced to me, and today without traces of explanations or even of finality

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Sooo where are the "when is the update" questions already? Since every single thing in this episode had countless theories, it's time for wHeN UpDaTe questions... What happened to this place????

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Sooo where are the "when is the update" questions already? Since every single thing in this episode had countless theories, it's time for wHeN UpDaTe questions... What happened to this place????
The thread has been flooded with cringy unfunny, shitposts and theories.
Cause we are between 2-3 months (guessing) from an update. Got to do something

Gnomeking

Oct 24, 2017
The next update will probably be in October / November.

Alfagrem

Aug 23, 2017
For a guy that straight asks his son to use condom and loses his train of thought when conversing with his son, I don't think he can keep it a secret for 19 years.
I was the one who made the point about the mother and it was more to do with the counter-arguments to theories that are based on the potentially 'unreliable narrator'.

Neil says she's dead.
During my time as the devil/angel on MC's shoulder......I don't know if that's true or not so we can have that debate.

Sage says Chad is cheating
Angel/Devil.......until I catch him talking to his piece on the phone she could be mistaken. but now that's 110% confirmed.

I've got no reason to doubt Neil, he doesn't seem written that way and I'm not expecting it given the amount of threads that DPC already has to close but it's not 'off the table'.

I dont mind a good theorizing session as long as its based on something in the game. However lately its all this wild ass speculation based on absolutely no evidence.

Example - Bella is an axe murderer because..... She owns an axe?
When it comes to assets being used then I think that's generally 'down the rabbit hole' as DPK isn't going to paint every pixel in every scene.

That said - If he's placed an asset in the frame that you can click on and interact with then that's a choice that DPK has made and you do have to ask yourself "Why bother doing taking the time to do that"?

EDIT: If a future scene involved a Bike ride with Bella (her bike being another interactive asset) then I'll probably swing from 'just for flavour' to genuine concern about the Axe and the very clean boots.

Reactions: RonnieBoi

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'm thinking that maybe Quinn already assumes or knows she has an STD & that's not good for business. They need repeat customers.
You're not thinking conspiratorial enough. Quinn arranged for Arieth to get crabs to remove the competition.:sneaky:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
it should be the other way around.:D

if someone says something, until proven otherwise it is the truth

MC told "us" in the beginning, it may not be true, but according to him it is the truth

we cannot question everything that we have not seen directly. too much effort like that:cautious:

p.s. Maya also said that Derek is herbrother !!!!:eek:

by mistake something true will have told her too:ROFLMAO:
That's too extreme, everything should be taken in a case by case scenario. Some people lie. (The MC there doesn't have any reason to, though).

Partially unrelated topic. Am I the only one who thinks this game having the twins tag is misleading?

Reactions: Manuka

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I was the one who made the point about the mother and it was more to do with the counter-arguments to theories that are based on the potentially 'unreliable narrator'.

Neil says she's dead.
During my time as the devil/angel on MC's shoulder......I don't know if that's true or not so we can have that debate.

Sage says Chad is cheating
Angel/Devil.......until I catch him talking to his piece on the phone she could be mistaken. but now that's 110% confirmed.

I've got no reason to doubt Neil, he doesn't seem written that way and I'm not expecting it given the amount of threads that DPC already has to close but it's not 'off the table'.

When it comes to assets being used then I think that's generally 'down the rabbit hole' as DPK isn't going to paint every pixel in every scene.

That said - If he's placed an asset in the frame that you can click on and interact with then that's a choice that DPK has made and you do have to ask yourself "Why bother doing taking the time to do that"?

EDIT: If a future scene involved a Bike ride with Bella (her bike being another interactive asset) then I'll probably swing from 'just for flavour' to genuine concern about the Axe and the very clean boots.
We can click on the books in both Tybalt and Bella's room as well? Do you really think the books are going to come back and bite us in the ass? Not everything has a reason brother, sometimes its just to add a little scene flavor.

Reactions: mindern and Manuka

Manuka

✨Ghostwriter✨
Donor
Sep 17, 2019
We can click on the books in both Tybalt and Bella's room as well? Do you really think the books are going to come back and bite us in the ass? Not everything has a reason brother, sometimes it's just to add a little scene flavor.
Not biting, but they may say a lot about a character in the game. Like that scene where the MC puts books away, he mentions specific types of books. So whoever had those books previously we know a lot about them--maybe it's one of the nerds, lol.

But I agree, not all things are relevant. A lot of it is just to keep up with the theme; sex.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes