Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
I'm glad he changed the brawler mecanic, the old one with squares was boring as fuck. Worst part is still the mouse mini games with beers and painting. o_O

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm glad he changed the brawler mecanic, the old one with squares was boring as fuck. Worst part is still the mouse mini games with beers and painting. o_O
At least they added a feature in ep 5 to save and load in between each painting path and pancake flip which you can't do with the beer drinking, so that now if you mess up you only have to go back one step rather than all the way to the beginning.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I'm glad he changed the brawler mecanic, the old one with squares was boring as fuck.
He did? I guess it's something to look at next time. Never cared for stupid minigames. And I wouldn't say it was boring, it was a combination of boringness, frustration and pointlessness. Since I haven't seen the new one, can't say anything about that.

Worst part is still the mouse mini games with beers and painting. o_O
Mechanics seemed to be skittish at best, yes it was the worst. Already thought about cheating through it until passed it on the final attempt. Had no saving options between levels then.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He did? I guess it's something to look at next time. Never cared for stupid minigames. And I wouldn't say it was boring, it was a combination of boringness, frustration and pointlessness. Since I haven't seen the new one, can't say anything about that.

Mechanics seemed to be skittish at best, yes it was the worst. Already thought about cheating through it until passed it on the final attempt. Had no saving options between levels then.
minigames are without a doubt the worst part of the game, they don't even work as a pastime to break the tension

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
minigames are without a doubt the worst part of the game, they don't even work as a pastime to break the tension
The mini-games can be very frustrating, but at least they help to break up the endless clicking between renders that every other VN has you do and they provide something of a challenge and a reward for completing them successfully.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The mini-games can be very frustrating, but at least they help to break up the endless clicking between renders that every other VN has you do and they provide something of a challenge and a reward for completing them successfully.
I didn't say it because of the difficulty (the only not immediate one is that of pancakes)

the best ones are too easy, the others are just boring
Fixed it for ya. Thank me later
not again....

• Haha
Reactions: Zirael Q

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I didn't say it because of the difficulty (the only not immediate one is that of pancakes)

the best ones are too easy, the others are just boring
The beer drinking was probably the most difficult and frustrating because of those narrow gaps you had to get through where one shake of your hand on the mouse would cause a fail. Hopefully we'll never see that mini-game again, or if we do it'll be vastly improved.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
The beer drinking was probably the most difficult and frustrating because of those narrow gaps you had to get through where one shake of your hand on the mouse would cause a fail. Hopefully we'll never see that mini-game again, or if we do it'll be vastly improved.
The real problem with some was the short ammount of time to do them. One specifically was like a second.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What do you mean?

will there be different games in the next chapters? or will they also be replaced in the chapters already seen?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
What do you mean?

will there be different games in the next chapters? or will they also be replaced in the chapters already seen?
Well, we got 2 different mini-game mechanics in ep 5 so it's always possible we could see new and different ones in the coming episodes. It would also keep the game fresh if we're not always getting the same mini-game mechanics all the time in every season, so it's possible we won't see the drinking mini-game since a) the MC doesn't have to drink 5 beers a day anymore, and b) there likely won't be any parties at the DIK's until they fix the mansion which means no more drinking games like the shot battle in ep 2.

So, at the moment, there doesn't seem like there will be much potential for more drinking mini-games, at least in this season.

rateezy

Apr 15, 2018
"Betrayed" is a bit too strong a word in my view. It's not like they had fully committed to anything with each other, like exclusivity, and then they deliberately went behind his back. He simply didn't have the full picture about each of them because they omitted certain details, with Maya especially having very understandable reasons for doing so. It was more blindsiding than a betrayal, and it was more about the fact that these 2 girls he was pursuing were in a relationship with each other than anything else.

He wasn't mad at Josy for the fact she was in a relationship because he knew that already and still went after her. If she had revealed that her "relationship" was with Anthony, I don't think he would have cared nearly as much. He just wasn't prepared for finding out that these 2 girls he liked were together and didn't like the fact that they all hadn't been honest with each other, but that still doesn't quite reach the level of a betrayal in my book.
sry if my point wasn't clear, but i meant specifically about maya, maya said she isn't in a relationship and told the mc that the reason she said she has a boyfriend because she doesn't want attention from guys, and we learned the hard way that all this time maya was lying to us. The "betrayal" feeling was because in one of the dialogue the mc trusted maya 100%, and maya was the one who brought up the trust thing and told the mc to be honest 100% with her, only to find out that in the end what maya said was all talk and all his trust to maya is gone because of that.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
sry if my point wasn't clear, but i meant specifically about maya, maya said she isn't in a relationship and told the mc that the reason she said she has a boyfriend because she doesn't want attention from guys, and we learned the hard way that all this time maya was lying to us. The "betrayal" feeling was because in one of the dialogue the mc trusted maya 100%, and maya was the one who brought up the trust thing and told the mc to be honest 100% with her, only to find out that in the end what maya said was all talk and all his trust to maya is gone because of that.
She also said she won't be 100% sincere with you

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes