Jun 25, 2017
Cant say weren't warned at the start of the game.
True, and honestly there have clearly already been dark themes in the story already. Abandonment by Maya's father, prostitution and drug use (though it's only a bit of weed which is legal in so many parts of the world at this point anyway). I don't mind the dark themes by any means, my worry is that he's gonna pull a Zack Snyder and make things needlessly dark and gruesome just for the sake of being dark and gruesome. There's a line between having dark themes and being edgy. I really hope the story doesn't slip into the latter.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yeah, it amazes me how easily (and how many) people seem to forget that intro.
I believe that premise is only due to the complaints made for AL, so DPC has taken precautions

I sincerely believed he was referring to sentimental dramas, refusals, relationships that become impossible, misunderstandings, betrayals etc ... and I don't see why there should be anything else in a school drama

and if so it's fine with me

and for now, although I didn't like how the first cycle with Maya and Josy ended, I'm satisfied

then if the Colombian drug traffickers arrive and take out the HOTs, the living dead relatives of Mc and Bella, the knights of the round table wil defend Jill's honor, the inquisition will torture Josy and Maya ... I would be slightly disappointed

Reactions: ename144

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah, it amazes me how easily (and how many) people seem to forget that intro.
But it doesn't necessarily mean we'll get the kind of tragic, deadly ending we got with AL, as some people seem to think it could mean. After all, this game already has things like cheating, drug use and drug dealing, heartbreak, death of a parent (MC's Mom), death of a sibling (Jill's sister), strained family relations due to sexual orientation (Maya), all things that some people could find to be sensitive issues if such things have affected them personally. Even if people haven't experienced things like this in their lives, they could still be affected by the feelings and emotions expressed and the events that unfold, and if you're "not in a good place" then it could hit even harder.

There are still plenty of ways that DPC can play with peoples emotions that would warrant that warning at the beginning without having to kill off a character, and after what happened with AL, I really don't think they'll do that again.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But it doesn't necessarily mean we'll get the kind of tragic, deadly ending we got with AL, as some people seem to think it could mean. After all, this game already has things like cheating, drug use and drug dealing, heartbreak, death of a parent (MC's Mom), death of a sibling (Jill's sister), strained family relations due to sexual orientation (Maya), all things that some people could find to be sensitive issues if such things have affected them personally. Even if people haven't experienced things like this in their lives, they could still be affected by the feelings and emotions expressed and the events that unfold, and if you're "not in a good place" then it could hit even harder.

There are still plenty of ways that DPC can play with peoples emotions that would warrant that warning at the beginning without having to kill off a character, and after what happened with AL, I really don't think they'll do that again.
exactly

and it is much more "painful" to face common situations, and in some cases relive them, than not sensational events, out of the ordinary, that only alienate the player

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
exactly

and it is much more "painful" to face common situations, and in some cases relive them, than not sensational events, out of the ordinary, that only alienate the player
And it's still possible to come out the other side smelling of roses. Maya, Josy, and the MC could get put through the ringer, face all sorts of adversity and even stigma over their relationship should people find out, but they could still end up together in a happy relationship. This is the same with everyone in the game at this stage, and it all depends on DPC as they could really do anything at this stage. We all just have to hope that the outcome we want, even if we have to go through some shit on the way there, will happen in this game.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I believe that premise is only due to the complaints made for AL, so DPC has taken precautions

I sincerely believed he was referring to sentimental dramas, refusals, relationships that become impossible, misunderstandings, betrayals etc ... and I don't see why there should be anything else in a school drama

and if so it's fine with me

and for now, although I didn't like how the first cycle with Maya and Josy ended, I'm satisfied

There are lots of VN with those "soft" although serious conflicts and nobody ever complains about that. If DPC was going to stick to that kind of conflicts, he had 2 options: either swear BaDIK wouldn't be anything similar to AL, or to say nothing at all. Yet he stated this game could not be suitable for those in a dark situation in their lives. And I'd bet we all thought the worst when we read that.

I mean, coming from AL experience, anything softer would have been welcomed by everyone, there was no need to make that disclaimer if that was going to be the case. And, honestly, I think we all can already see potential sources of tragic moments for every LI in story (most of them Quinn-related). I sure hope he won't force players to make THE DECISION once again, but I'm almost sure our choices through the game will affect some characters in a dreadful way (OK, maybe not killing them, but destroying their lives and maybe MC's). Time will tell.

But this thoughts about 'how would he dare to do that again?' are part of the fun, aren't they?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There are lots of VN with those "soft" although serious conflicts and nobody ever complains about that. If DPC was going to stick to that kind of conflicts, he had 2 options: either swear BaDIK wouldn't be anything similar to AL, or to say nothing at all. Yet he stated this game could not be suitable for those in a dark situation in their lives. And I'd bet we all thought the worst when we read that.

I mean, coming from AL experience, anything softer would have been welcomed by everyone, there was no need to make that disclaimer if that was going to be the case. And, honestly, I think we all can already see potential sources of tragic moments for every LI in story (most of them Quinn-related). I sure hope he won't force players to make THE DECISION once again, but I'm almost sure our choices through the game will affect some characters in a dreadful way (OK, maybe not killing them, but destroying their lives and maybe MC's). Time will tell.

But this thoughts about 'how would he dare to do that again?' are part of the fun, aren't they?
personally "the decision" on AL did not bother me, and if you remove the drama of the moment it doesn't change much since you choose between two LIs, abandoning the route of one of the two

for many players when we tell Derek if we still have feelings for Maya or Josy, that would already be "a farewell"

the problem is the unsolicited special effects

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Who the hell wants this?:FacePalm:
Hope there's an option to just cut both off them off soon.

Plenty of us want that.

I do however agree that both options should exist, with even possibly a third, where you actively stay friends but help them to stay together, as once again, despite me being flamed for this comment (where funninly enough no one else is for the same opinion, must be a newvie member thing I guess), the MC's reaction is ridiculous as he acts like a husband finding out his wife has been screwing his brother for 10 years.

So there should be an option (and should have been better writing) where you're perfectly happy and accepting of them being together without you and help them when needed. Everyone gets what they want then. That however, also adds three times the amount of work, and as I've also said before, peoples own personal opinions on betrayal and such rubbish is them projecting their own issues onto the characters. We are not playing us, we are playing a pre-definied character within a pre-defined storyline where Maya and Josy are one of the main storyline elements. Deal with that or don't.

The MC does a lot of dumb shit I don't agree with, but such as it is if I want to play the game.

Last edited:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Plenty of us want that.

I do however agree that both options should exist, with even possibly a third, where you actively stay friends but help them to stay together, as once again, despite me being flamed for this comment (where funninly enough no one else is for the same opinion, must be a newvie member thing I guess), the MC's reaction is ridiculous as he acts like a husband finding out his wife has been screwing his brother for 10 years.

So there should be an option (and should have been better writing) where you're perfectly happy and accepting of them being together without you and help them when needed. Everyone gets what they want then. That however, also adds three times the amount of work, and as I've also said before, peoples own personal opinions on betrayal and such rubbish is them pushing their own issues onto the game. We are not playing us, we are playing a pre-definied character within a pre-defined storyline where Maya and Josy are one of the main storyline elements. Deal with that or don't.

The MC does a lot of dumb shit I don't agree with, but such as it is if I want to play the game.
I doubt that DPC will ever give players the option to outright tell M&J to "F off" or to even tell them he doesn't to be around them again. Most likely there will be moments where, on the non-M&J path, there will be interactions with them that could lead to separate relationship paths, and if players continue to rebuff them there would be a some dialogue at the end of the game along the lines of, "I lost touch with Maya and Josy after college, but I hear they're both doing fine."

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I doubt that DPC will ever give players the option to outright tell M&J to "F off" or to even tell them he doesn't to be around them again. Most likely there will be moments where, on the non-M&J path, there will be interactions with them that could lead to separate relationship paths, and if players continue to rebuff them there would be a some dialogue at the end of the game along the lines of, "I lost touch with Maya and Josy after college, but I hear they're both doing fine."
do you think all LIs will accompany MC until the end of the game?

I don't think, sooner or later drastic choices will come, then of course we can cross them around in college, but without interacting in an important way

especially for the two paired Maya / Josy and Jill / Bella, in my opinion it is likely that at some point to try to get to one we will have to greet the other

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Suits me just fine haha....love them both, but if was forced to pick (on what we currently know about them/interaction) then Josy would win out....at the moment. But, that all comes down to how DPC fleshes them out further in the future.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

I don't think, sooner or later drastic choices will come, then of course we can cross them around in college, but without interacting in an important way

especially for the two paired Maya / Josy and Jill / Bella, in my opinion it is likely that at some point to try to get to one we will have to greet the other
At the rate we're progressing with the story and these relationships, it's possible that some of them may come to a halt long before the end, but I'm hoping they'll be able to last until at least 2-3 episodes before the end so we can get the most out of them.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019

I think all LI will be a major part of the story until the end.

Jun 25, 2017
Plenty of us want that.

So there should be an option (and should have been better writing) where you're perfectly happy and accepting of them being together without you and help them when needed. Everyone gets what they want then. That however, also adds three times the amount of work, and as I've also said before, peoples own personal opinions on betrayal and such rubbish is them projecting their own issues onto the characters. We are not playing us, we are playing a pre-definied character within a pre-defined storyline where Maya and Josy are one of the main storyline elements. Deal with that or don't.

I don't think his reaction was necessarily in the wrong. People have a tendency to get more emotionally involved in something than expected, and when things don't turn out well they get hurt, even if they themselves can acknowledge that it's ridiculous that they are hurt, it doesn't negate it. I mean shit, look how much everybody here seems to hate Maya and Josy, and they don't even exist! People project their own feelings consistently, and if you wanna really look at it from a broad spectrum, his hurt feelings towards Maya and Josy could just as easily be his feelings towards his ex being brought up again, but not knowing how to acknowledge them.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes