xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
If Quinn did not confess that she was the sole trafficker, Sage would certainly be involved in the circle of suspects.
the drug is probably in the HOTs dorm, not necessarily in Quinn's room, and was peddled at events where the HOTs were present
It is not clear where the money from the sale goes, but it would also seem in the free tuition
it would be up to Sage to prove that she was a stranger to the matter
I think the sorority would be shut down and the president likely punished for failing in their role so epically, if it all comes out regardless of whether Quinn tried to shift blame or tries to take all blame herself.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Since Quinn is getting desperate and Camila is already part of the scheme even though she's not in the sorority yet, I suspect we'll first see it start to come to a head during the next in-game week when Maya and Josy are trying to join the HOTs, and Quinn, as Maya's 'mother', starts to pressure her to do stuff she doesn't want to do. If I had to guess, that will get foiled initially by Maya and MC doing a lot of the stuff on Maya and Josy's lists (whether directly bc they're in relationship, or staged, etc if they're friends), forcing Quinn to push for more extreme behaviors or more unreasonable requests.

I mean, MC tries - he just doesn't do it well enough and it doesn't work because she kind of brushes it off. Presumably, he'll get more opportunities in the future. The game has a pretty unrealistic timeline - all of this shit has happened in a single week - so there hasn't really been much time for anyone (MC or otherwise) to think to through consequences, and MC has been more or less constantly drunk for the last 3 or so episodes due to all the DIK initiation beer drinking. There's a difference between understanding bad decisionmaking and excusing it. MC's bad decisionmaking is understandable.
One of the problems I have is the storyline is self defeating. Maya's personality isn't going to let her whore herself out for tuition. Granted she may be semi doing it now to get in but she also likes the MC so its kind of the same thing but also not at the same time. Its a iffy grey area.

Even drunk, messed up on drugs I still know what is right or wrong. Don't drink and drive because I might kill someone is a good example. Don't rape people... self explanatory even messed up. I don't think being drunk or high is a good excuse to let people the MC cares about to potentially hurt/endanger themselves.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Not sure why people use MCs young age to excuse his actions. I can see dumb decisions like getting drunk or wanting to screw anything with a skirt, but letting someone you seem to have a connection with get into a potentially dangerous situation? Most people are little shits at 18 but I'd like to think human decency kicks in every once in a while
And this specific guy who was bullyied at High school and has been raised up by a nice man who taught him the values of respect, hard work and all, a 18yo guy who even when acting as a massive DIK has shown a moral compass with some girls, should have done something more. But hey, plot reasons and suspension of disbelief for all.

Again, it's really frustrating when you're facing some unavoidable drama even after taking choices that, in a simple and logical development, should have let you avoid it. If it's unavoidable, it's unavoidable, don't give me that option. But if you do and the drama is still unavoidable, let the other characters be the ones who dismiss my warnings, I don't like bad things happenning due to a lack of basic communicational skills from my MC after making a decission

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I think we're all overestimating just how much the MC really knows about what Quinn is up to at the point when he can warn Maya.

If you accept her number for the menu and specifically if you order Camila, he finds out in ep 2 that this seemingly random person on the other side of a glory hole was a HOT, but how would he know or even suspect that this has anything to do with tuition? Better yet, how would he know or even suspect that what Camila was doing was somewhat forced upon her by Quinn? For all he knows, it could be some form of freshman ritual/hazing, or just something that the girls like to do, and not anything to do with Quinn being a pimp.

So if he chooses to tell Maya to be careful of Quinn, it's not because he knows exactly what she's doing, especially since he also has no clue about the drugs either, but it's simply because he gets a bad vibe from her.

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
I think the sorority would be shut down and the president likely punished for failing in their role so epically, if it all comes out regardless of whether Quinn tried to shift blame or tries to take all blame herself.
It's likely the only thing that could 'save' Sage as leader of the sorority and possibly the sorority itself is if she initiated discovery of what was going on and brought it to the authorities in the first place. That changes the entire axis of the interaction.

I wouldn't be super surprised to see the plotline go something like Quinn pressures Maya > MC learns from Maya > MC takes wildly inappropriate thing (probably thing that isn't on Josy's list at all) to Sage > Sage is tipped off and starts to learn what's going on. Whether the various people along the way confide in or believe the MC is, of course, not necessarily guaranteed, but given that Maya's lesbian with no experience outside the MC, I would bet that causes some resistance that Quinn wouldn't expect and would cause even a Friends-only MC to learn about it.

I think we're all overestimating just how much the MC really knows about what Quinn is up to at the point when he can warn Maya.

If you accept her number for the menu and specifically if you order Camila, he finds out in ep 2 that this seemingly random person on the other side of a glory hole was a HOT, but how would he know or even suspect that this has anything to do with tuition? Better yet, how would he know or even suspect that what Camila was doing was somewhat forced upon her by Quinn? For all he knows, it could be some form of freshman ritual/hazing, or just something that the girls like to do, and not anything to do with Quinn being a pimp.

So if he chooses to tell Maya to be careful of Quinn, it's not because he knows exactly what she's doing, especially since he also has no clue about the drugs either, but it's simply because he gets a bad vibe from her.
MC knows he ordered Camila and can taunt Quinn with that fact during the CUMpetition; it also comes up if MC is a Huge DIK and can initiate the bathroom 3some with Mona and Camila.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
maybe

but it's theoretical, why would Quinn take all the blame?

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
And this specific guy who was bullyied at High school and has been raised up by a nice man who taught him the values of respect, hard work and all, a 18yo guy who even when acting as a massive DIK has shown a moral compass with some girls, should have done something more. But hey, plot reasons and suspension of disbelief for all.

Again, it's really frustrating when you're facing some unavoidable drama even after taking choices that, in a simple and logical development, should have let you avoid it. If it's unavoidable, it's unavoidable, don't give me that option. But if you do and the drama is still unavoidable, let the other characters be the ones who dismiss my warnings, I don't like bad things happenning due to a lack of basic communicational skills from my MC after making a decission
People frequently don't heed other people's advice and warnings. I don't think that MC getting to warn Maya and not, at least thusfar, having it appear to work is a problem. It may still have an impact (it could, for example, make Maya hesitate later if Quinn wants her to do something and prevent her from making a mistake), and MC simply lacks all of the knowledge players do about what Quinn's really up to or the extent of the problems. I mean, for that matter, MC doesn't necessarily know that the girls he orders aren't getting the money themselves, presuming he does so, and if he declined Quinn's number or didn't use it, he only knows what he tells Maya (that Quinn is up to something nasty she should stay away from). There's a huge gulf in information between players and MC as to what's going on with Quinn.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
It's likely the only thing that could 'save' Sage as leader of the sorority and possibly the sorority itself is if she initiated discovery of what was going on and brought it to the authorities in the first place. That changes the entire axis of the interaction.

I wouldn't be super surprised to see the plotline go something like Quinn pressures Maya > MC learns from Maya > MC takes wildly inappropriate thing (probably thing that isn't on Josy's list at all) to Sage > Sage is tipped off and starts to learn what's going on. Whether the various people along the way confide in or believe the MC is, of course, not necessarily guaranteed, but given that Maya's lesbian with no experience outside the MC, I would bet that causes some resistance that Quinn wouldn't expect and would cause even a Friends-only MC to learn about it.

MC knows he ordered Camila and can taunt Quinn with that fact during the CUMpetition; it also comes up if MC is a Huge DIK and can initiate the bathroom 3some with Mona and Camila.
This would all be so easy to stop and save everyone without compromising/endangering anyone the MC cares about. However we are not allowed to because plot. I get frustrated like some others because I can see the solution but the MC is a idiot who doesn't seem to comprehend anything important.

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
maybe

but it's theoretical, why would Quinn take all the blame?
She wouldn't. The thrust of that entire conversation was a user who did not believe that Quinn represented a real threat to Sage or Maya and they would not be caught up in or accused of participating in any crimes, so the storyline with Quinn doesn't make any sense.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019

Well, I guess sometimes we tend to forget this is still a work in progress and many things can still happen in the future. I get some dramatic events need some building-up and we can't expect to dismantle them at this early stage. I bet when playing the completed game most of those things will feel more natural. But, again, we're already facing some apparently important choices that give us the illusion of being actually able to stop them now, but then not. I think I have the right to feel a bit frustrated because of them

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If we're relating these characters to real life counterparts, she would do anything and everything to shift the blame. She won't want to go down for it. There is no why would she, she sure as hell wouldn't and also wouldn't care who took the hit for it. Those kind of people are all the same, selfish.
remaining in the field of fanfiction without any basis :cool::ROFLMAO:: Quinn could promise that to Mc in exchange for his help to save herself from something worse

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
This would all be so easy to stop and save everyone without compromising/endangering anyone the MC cares about. However we are not allowed to because plot. I get frustrated like some others because I can see the solution but the MC is a idiot who doesn't seem to comprehend anything important.
I mean, yeah, you have adequately described a 18 year old who is drunk nearly their entire waking hours, but also I think you're inferring a lot of knowledge the MC doesn't have (for example, he knows literally nothing about the drugs, smoking some pot with Quinn on a rooftop is a far cry from knowing Quinn is a drug dealer herself) or potentially doesn't have (an MC who didn't take Quinn's number or use the service has very little information, all of which he shares with Maya - she just kind of ignores his advice).

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

That just speaks to the larger of adult VNs in general which is that they create a false sense of agency over the MC because of a few choices. Some people seem to expect these games to have Matrix-level freedom that allows them to control almost every aspect of the character and the story at large, but that simply isn't possible, so these games are inevitably guaranteed to run on rails in some way by having unavoidable scenes and moments of drama. The only choice players will ever have is which drama-filled scenes they get to see at certain points and who they want their character to have sex with.

But it still doesn't mean he knows the reason behind it, so the idea that he knows what Quinn is up to and can tell Maya everything after this one incident is not something that is backed up by what's seen in the game.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I mean, yeah, you have adequately described a 18 year old who is drunk nearly their entire waking hours, but also I think you're inferring a lot of knowledge the MC doesn't have (for example, he knows literally nothing about the drugs, smoking some pot with Quinn on a rooftop is a far cry from knowing Quinn is a drug dealer herself) or potentially doesn't have (an MC who didn't take Quinn's number or use the service has very little information, all of which he shares with Maya - she just kind of ignores his advice).
Thats cause he doesnt really tell her anything. Uh careful Quinn is evil is not a warning.

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
Well, I guess sometimes we tend to forget this is still a work in progress and many things can still happen in the future. I get some dramatic events need some building-up and we can't expect to dismantle them at this early stage. I bet when playing the completed game most of those things will feel more natural. But, again, we're already facing some apparently important choices that give us the illusion of being actually able to stop them now, but then not. I think I have the right to feel a bit frustrated because of them
I mean, yeah, it's a story so to a certain extent the plot is on rails, but MC has had opportunities to do things which could mitigate or affect the end result, and while we haven't yet seen that have a payoff, I would expect that those decisions will have an impact when things start to come to a head.

I think pretty much 100% there's gonna be a scene in the future where Quinn wants Maya to do something that either itself is a problem or would compromise her in a way that Quinn would gain leverage over her, and Maya will hesitate and not agree to do it or not go to the place in question if the MC warned her, and will go and get entangled in the problem if he didn't.

Thats cause he doesnt really tell her anything. Uh careful Quinn is evil is not a warning.
Yeah, man, that's all he knows at that point. And neither he nor Maya have any reason to believe that the entire HOTs sorority is compromised, in fact, they have a bunch of reasons to think otherwise. I'm really curious which event in the story you think should be MC's huge red flag that he should insist that Maya no longer associate with the HOTs or try to join, or involve the authorities. And are you sure you believe that Maya would even believe him? She has some powerful motivations for not wanting to.

Phynix

Apr 12, 2018
Maya's personality isn't going to let her whore herself out for tuition.
I kinda disagree with that. I have to mention that i have only seen friend path so i don't know if she becomes more assertive on the other. Right now she doesn't strike me as a person who would say no, mainly because of her blind belief and desperation for that tuition, at least not without getting Josy or MC involved. That being said it probably won't happen because there's a certain 3 letter acronym missing in the tags.

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
Is it though? Do we know for sure? I wouldn't ever start something like this personally (and I'm tempted, time stops me) without actually having the complete story at the minimum noted out with a clear direction/idea of plot points, endings etc. I know AVN's are not professional in terms of the game/writing industry, but to start one with no clear idea of where it's going, just making it on the fly seems...sloppy at best.

Oh I can sure imagine what she would be offering him hehe. But ya got my point I hope, as she is written as a certain type of person ;)
I'd say that I think there's one thing you can say for certain and that is that the creator of this game has a history of having pretty well constructed stories. I'm sure not all the details are finalized, but I'm also fairly sure that the broad plot is sketched out.

This person does this for a living. You don't make up your livelihood as you go along, and this person is very good at telling stories, even if people consuming them don't always like the stories he tells (like the end of AL). A lot of people hate the ending of that game (its not exactly fun!), but it's almost certainly the saddest and most upset any adult game has ever made people as far as the fate of a given character or plot event (as opposed to angst over not getting the ending they want or whatever). This person is GOOD at storytelling.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
One of the problems I have is the storyline is self defeating. Maya's personality isn't going to let her whore herself out for tuition. Granted she may be semi doing it now to get in but she also likes the MC so its kind of the same thing but also not at the same time. Its a iffy grey area.

Even drunk, messed up on drugs I still know what is right or wrong. Don't drink and drive because I might kill someone is a good example. Don't rape people... self explanatory even messed up. I don't think being drunk or high is a good excuse to let people the MC cares about to potentially hurt/endanger themselves.
I do not understand what you mean...

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Granted but depending on path some of this the MC does know. At the very least the prostitution angle he does know, path based, yet he still doesnt say anything. There is no difference, to this point, in the storyline based on MC's knowledge. There is no option to tell Maya about the prostitution even if the MC knows about it. To linear and the players choices dont affect anything so far. Not really anyway. Its all superficial
I mean, yeah, it's a story so to a certain extent the plot is on rails, but MC has had opportunities to do things which could mitigate or affect the end result, and while we haven't yet seen that have a payoff, I would expect that those decisions will have an impact when things start to come to a head.

I think pretty much 100% there's gonna be a scene in the future where Quinn wants Maya to do something that either itself is a problem or would compromise her in a way that Quinn would gain leverage over her, and Maya will hesitate and not agree to do it or not go to the place in question if the MC warned her, and will go and get entangled in the problem if he didn't.

Yeah, man, that's all he knows at that point. And neither he nor Maya have any reason to believe that the entire HOTs sorority is compromised, in fact, they have a bunch of reasons to think otherwise. I'm really curious which event in the story you think should be MC's huge red flag that he should insist that Maya no longer associate with the HOTs or try to join, or involve the authorities. And are you sure you believe that Maya would even believe him? She has some powerful motivations for not wanting to.
The first option to "order food" should have been such a flag at the very least.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes