Dead123

Aug 30, 2017
*Sign* I just wish he would get some help with developing his game so as to decrease dev time, I bet some members of the community would even volunteer to help if a render or two was kicked their way.

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
*Sign* I just wish he would get some help with developing his game so as to decrease dev time, I bet some members of the community would even volunteer to help if a render or two was kicked their way.
DPC wants to work alone... and some say that he works faster than a full team.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
*Sigh* I just wish he would get some help with developing his game so as to decrease dev time, I bet some members of the community would even volunteer to help if a render or two was kicked their way.
No, DPC is doing just fine on their own. Working with a team would more likely increase rather than decrease time, especially if it's a distance working relationship where DPC has to communicate to them what they want. They'd waste valuable time instructing people how they want the characters to look, the pose to put them in, the camera angle, etc, and if DPC isn't happy with the results, they then have to spend time changing it. There's also the fact that other people aren't guaranteed to have machines as powerful as what DPC has so their rendering time might in all likelihood be slower.

I get the desire to want to see updates produced faster, not just for this game but for others as well, but DPC is producing thousands of renders in the same space of time it takes most other devs to produce a couple hundred, so I'd say they're doing just fine by themselves.

Reactions: ename144

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
No, DPC is doing just fine on their own. Working with a team would more likely increase rather than decrease time, especially if it's a distance working relationship where DPC has to communicate to them what they want. They'd waste valuable time instructing people how they want the characters to look, the pose to put them in, the camera angle, etc, and if DPC isn't happy with the results, they then have to spend time changing it. There's also the fact that other people aren't guaranteed to have machines as powerful as what DPC has so their rendering time might in all likelihood be slower.

I get the desire to want to see updates produced faster, not just for this game but for others as well, but DPC is producing thousands of renders in the same space of time it takes most other devs to produce a couple hundred, so I'd say they're doing just fine by themselves.
Did I miss something? When did DPC become "they"? As far as I know it's only "him"!

Reactions: Blake45666

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
each time i see this picture, i want to kiss my screen !!!
Ditto for this one. :love:

ep2_mayamovienight27b.jpg

Did I miss something? When did DPC become "they"? As far as I know it's only "him"!
It's called a "singular pronoun". Perfectly normal use of the English language to describe one person or thing as "they"/"them".

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
As much as I love her, that's one I seriously dislike. She looks more drugged up than Quinn there. For all his quality at times, some of his textures really let him down, especially Maya's.
Well that's kinda the point, because She is drunk as fuck here. :LOL:
You don't look nice when you are drunk, you see others looking nice when you are drunk :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
We can even see pores on the skin. Maya is likely one of the characters the dev took most care with when doing renders (as oposed to Jill's weird plastic faces).
may be Jill's weird plastic faces is intentional. like it's an effect of plastic surgery. She is actually not the real Jill, she is someone who pretend to be Jill :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Ditto for this one. :love:

View attachment 809551

It's called a "singular pronoun". Perfectly normal use of the English language to describe one person or thing as "they"/"them".
I know what a singular pronoun is. But when I was growing up, I was taught that for a single man the proper singular pronoun is "he". "They" is the singular pronoun for more than one person, or when one is not sure of the gender of a single person. I vaguely recall DPC had confirm "he" is a man.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I know what a singular pronoun is. But when I was growing up, I was taught that for a single man the proper singular pronoun is "he". "They" is the singular pronoun for more than one person, or when one is not sure of the gender of a single person. I vaguely recall DPC had confirm "he" is a man.
"They" can be used for just one person and has been for centuries - .

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
"They" can be used for just one person and has been for centuries - .
I know that. I'm just saying I was taught that "they" for a single person is reserved for when one is not sure of the gender of the person being referred to, and I don't think that's the case here.

In any case, this is getting way off topic. Let's just drop this.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes