Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
He is good. Dr. PinkCake has some story elements I have issue with but otherwise, yes very good.

PhillyGames, which is claimed as (DPC's) inspiration, is in my opinion, better. Depraved Awakening, his first work as far as I know, is very much better than Acting Lessons, though both are very good.

City of Broken Dreamers which is PG's current work is very much a breath of fresh air, breaking away from the stereotypical horn dog at college which I have seen a few times. I will say that DPC's horndog at college is superior to most all of his competitors. Unleashed by Carbon Blue is very early in development, and not exactly the same as BADIK, more like a MILF/her daughters smorgasbord of fun, will probably be my next college game favorite, especially if something happens to Bella.

PG's COBD MC is quite different.. He is a mature male-probably 40ish give or take, and is set in a cyberpunk world. It is same very high quality as DPC is doing for BADIK, just a fresher setting.
Likely there will be more of this genre as it opens up all kinds of kinks, after the release of Cyberpunk 2077.

This is not to take away from DPC, he is very good. I have said it before, I am not sure any game/VN writer has put together a better soundtrack than DPC! I am looking forward to much more DIKness in my future!
I can think of a number of titles that have excellent music at a bare minimum on par with DPC. Feel free to message for the titles, I won't list them here.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Good news. That’s a lot of progress since the update. Although I can probably start to polish before everything is rendered. Just using placeholder images.
Same here. They can still have renders and animations queued up and while they wait on those, they're doing coding and post-work. I suspect this is what we'll hear in this week's status update, that they're done or nearly done with the rendering and are moving on to coding and testing, then they'll pass it off to the beta testers. So that Oct 30th date is still looking promising.

burn420

Sep 29, 2020
He is good. Dr. PinkCake has some story elements I have issue with but otherwise, yes very good.

PhillyGames, which is claimed as (DPC's) inspiration, is in my opinion, better. Depraved Awakening, his first work as far as I know, is very much better than Acting Lessons, though both are very good.

City of Broken Dreamers which is PG's current work is very much a breath of fresh air, breaking away from the stereotypical horn dog at college which I have seen a few times. I will say that DPC's horndog at college is superior to most all of his competitors. Unleashed by Carbon Blue is very early in development, and not exactly the same as BADIK, more like a MILF/her daughters smorgasbord of fun, will probably be my next college game favorite, especially if something happens to Bella.

PG's COBD MC is quite different.. He is a mature male-probably 40ish give or take, and is set in a cyberpunk world. It is same very high quality as DPC is doing for BADIK, just a fresher setting.
Likely there will be more of this genre as it opens up all kinds of kinks, after the release of Cyberpunk 2077.

This is not to take away from DPC, he is very good. I have said it before, I am not sure any game/VN writer has put together a better soundtrack than DPC! I am looking forward to much more DIKness in my future!
just finished Depraved Awakening over the weekend, and i'd strongly disagree that it's better than AL.

DA had toooooo much sexy time.... and the story was sub-par IMHO. bad guy is bad because he want to kill you, and he's into some kinky shit...

main character is also into kinky shit and idk, it just felt off...

started COBD afterwards and it's MILES better than DA. about 2/3rds thru now and its much more enjoyable.

the writing and character development are what DA was missing.

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
just finished Depraved Awakening over the weekend, and i'd strongly disagree it's better than AL.
DA had toooooo much sexy time.... and the story was sub-par IMHO. bad guy is bad because he want to kill you, and he's into some kinky shit...
I think that's the first I've read someone say there was too much sexy time in game around these parts! :ROFLMAO:
(y)

burn420

Sep 29, 2020
I think that's the first I've read someone say there was too much sexy time in game around these parts! :ROFLMAO:
(y)
word!

i seen a review on steam that pretty much sums up my experience with the game, here's a snippet:
=========
"I'm complaining about the reason for the all the adult scenes. I know this game was obviously made with adult in mind, but unfortunately as a story and virtual novel, the adult stuff gets in the way of what DA is at its core, a story. And to be honest, at times I would just skip through some scenes because I had already watched like two or three in the span of ten minutes of gameplay."
=========

Cigar-Ferras

Jan 22, 2019
word!

i seen a review on steam that pretty much sums up my experience with the game, here's a snippet:
=========
"I'm complaining about the reason for the all the adult scenes. I know this game was obviously made with adult in mind, but unfortunately as a story and virtual novel, the adult stuff gets in the way of what DA is at its core, a story. And to be honest, at times I would just skip through some scenes because I had already watched like two or three in the span of ten minutes of gameplay."
=========
I mean I enjoy this game enough that I could play without the lewd scenes but I love it the way it is. I'd be happy with either, but I prefer the lewd stuff being in there.
;)

Reactions: Silver-Argus

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
just finished Depraved Awakening over the weekend, and i'd strongly disagree that it's better than AL.

started COBD afterwards and it's MILES better than DA. about 2/3rds thru now and its much more enjoyable.

The only thing I don't like about DA is that there's no action with Kira in her ending, hospital scene was not enough

Reactions: MarinBladewing

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

I'm pretty sure you'll find your opinion in the minority. But that's perfectly ok and valid, as there's no right or wrong on something subjective.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I strongly agree that stating DA is in any way inferior to AL is the minority. Plain and simple AL had a shitty no good choice ending, no matter what you did, even if you chose the athletic body, which would certainly allow you to carry two petite girls out of the house EASILY. Writing in a forced death for one or the other, ruined the story. It could have been much better. That said AL was a good story up to that point. Even the ending where the MC dies in DA is better than ANY choice in AL.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
A book or a movie may not end well and be a masterpiece despite that - or sometimes precisely for that...
Movies based on books rarely turn out well due to so much having to be left out from the book to able to fit the story within a 2 hour movie. Also directors often take liberties with the story and will sometimes leave their own personal touch within it. Off hand I can't think of any book-turned-movie turning out well except for LOTR and Harry Potter.

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
Movies based on books rarely turn out well due to so much having to be left out from the book to able to fit the story within a 2 hour movie. Also directors often take liberties with the story and will sometimes leave their own personal touch within it. Off hand I can't think of any book-turned-movie turning out well except for LOTR and Harry Potter.
LOTR was one book turned into 3 movies right? And I don't think any of them were under 2 hours. Harry Potter.... was written for kids.

Never mind. LOTR was not one book.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
The Fight Club movie is significantly better than the book. It does occasionally happen.

Rimmer

May 27, 2017
I strongly agree that stating DA is in any way inferior to AL is the minority. Plain and simple AL had a shitty no good choice ending, no matter what you did, even if you chose the athletic body, which would certainly allow you to carry two petite girls out of the house EASILY. Writing in a forced death for one or the other, ruined the story. It could have been much better. That said AL was a good story up to that point. Even the ending where the MC dies in DA is better than ANY choice in AL.
In AL you are forced into a relationship with (insert name here) no matter what choice about her you make, you can try for any other female in the game......including the nurse and yet again are still forced down one path until the fire episode, the writing in AL is poor at best and most characters are meh and yet surprisingly the best one is the MC's friend.

Reactions: moskyx and Arigon

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Acting Lessons?

Depraved Awakenings?

Lord of the Rings?!

What game thread is this again ... oh, BEING A DIK.

At first it seemed somewhat relevant for comparisons/contrast, but now it's entirely OT. Don't be surprised if posts start hitting the bitbucket, just sayin' ...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes