Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
So, I recently started this game a day ago, without having any prior knowledge of it; save for a couple screen shots and the synopsis. The game really piqued my interest as Joe's character almost completely relates to my early years; how he grew up, trials he went through, etc.

It's been a bumpy roller coaster of a ride (emotionally that is, not bad writing) and yet, I've managed to get through the tough patches. "There's a story out there for everyone," my grandfather used to say, regarding books and the like. I was not expecting to find mine, here, nor under this type of genre. The writing, as I mentioned earlier, has been an absolute treat. Seriously have to tip my hat to DPC.

However... I find that I simply cannot get through scenes involving Isabella. Her character is, in almost every way, a complete digital recreation of a girl I dated for the better part of several years. From the stern, compassionate, and soft eyes, the physique, her demeanor, and even the hair (albeit not quite as long). Her name was Jennifer and she was killed in an automobile accident during her return home on Christmas eve by a drunk driver.

It's been, what has felt like, an almost impossible 23 years and 174 days since that night. It took that long too move on. It took a few hours of a game to re-awaken her and my having to relieve it all over again. I feel absolutely gutted and lost.

I almost didn't even know why I sat here writing this post to a website forum that is host to people that are complete and total strangers to me; likely many of which probably couldn't care less.

So I'll just end it with this, the greatest advice I think any human being can pass on to another. Time is the greatest gift one person can give another. Time is not infinite, we are not infinite. Time shared with another is, literally, life shared. Take care of yourselves, there are people that love you, even when you don't feel it. And don't ever take a single thing nor take a single person in your life for granted. Not ever

Thanks for giving me time back with Jennifer(?) or something.

Be well, everyone
Sorry to hear this game has evoked painful memories for you. In the words of our DiK brethren, Welcome to the Forum, brother.

akikospam74

Dec 19, 2019
Folks should really actually support DPC. I mean I call it like I see it as I have said, and I am critical of certain aspects of his AVN, but I have supported him financially and just waiting like a vulture for free release on a pirate site without ever rewarding the developer is pretty much counter productive to the dude wanting to keep making stuff. He has to eat, and pay for burned out cpu, gpu, memory, and expansion of same. Help the dude out.
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but my opinion is that people who can and want to support him financially, will, regardless if this is posted on F95 or not. And people who can't or don't want to support him financially wouldn't become patreons just because they can't get this game for free.

I'll give you an example. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XII which I could have gotten from Steam, but since it's a lot of money and I, unfortunately, cannot afford at the moment, I'm playing the cracked version of it. And if the cracked version didn't exist, I would simply not play it at all. When I can, I'll gladly buy it, but in the mean time I'm on board the pirate ship.

This is why some devs choose to post the game themselves here. Nice way to advertise games and get some supporters.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
So, I recently started this game a day ago, without having any prior knowledge of it; save for a couple screen shots and the synopsis. The game really piqued my interest as Joe's character almost completely relates to my early years; how he grew up, trials he went through, etc.

It's been a bumpy roller coaster of a ride (emotionally that is, not bad writing) and yet, I've managed to get through the tough patches. "There's a story out there for everyone," my grandfather used to say, regarding books and the like. I was not expecting to find mine, here, nor under this type of genre. The writing, as I mentioned earlier, has been an absolute treat. Seriously have to tip my hat to DPC.

However... I find that I simply cannot get through scenes involving Isabella. Her character is, in almost every way, a complete digital recreation of a girl I dated for the better part of several years. From the stern, compassionate, and soft eyes, the physique, her demeanor, and even the hair (albeit not quite as long). Her name was Jennifer and she was killed in an automobile accident during her return home on Christmas eve by a drunk driver.

It's been, what has felt like, an almost impossible 23 years and 174 days since that night. It took that long too move on. It took a few hours of a game to re-awaken her and my having to relieve it all over again. I feel absolutely gutted and lost.

I almost didn't even know why I sat here writing this post to a website forum that is host to people that are complete and total strangers to me; likely many of which probably couldn't care less.

So I'll just end it with this, the greatest advice I think any human being can pass on to another. Time is the greatest gift one person can give another. Time is not infinite, we are not infinite. Time shared with another is, literally, life shared. Take care of yourselves, there are people that love you, even when you don't feel it. And don't ever take a single thing nor take a single person in your life for granted. Not ever

Thanks for giving me time back with Jennifer(?) or something.

Be well, everyone
You bastard. I come here to be a degenerate and you're making me experience feels. Seriously though, sorry for your loss and hope you can get at least some enjoyment from the rest of the game.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
This post is the equivalent of going to the butcher's and actually asking for donations towards a vegan campaign. While calling the people who just went there for a steak, murderers or some shit like that. Which I'm sure it's something that has happened in this era of craziness :ROFLMAO:

Wanting to support a dev is fine and I do think this one is among the very few worth their clout in the community. But actually preaching about it in a game thread is pointless and really out of place.
Completely disagree.

I enjoy the community here (across F95) because I enjoy these games and it’s one of the most active places to discuss them. You also get access to mods and walkthroughs and help from other players. I’ve enjoyed being able to spend hours speculating on the future of the game here.

That said what better place to suggest people support his Patreon than the most active place for it‘s piracy. You have hundreds, perhaps thousands of people downloading the game, claiming to enjoy it, claiming it’s one of the best. Why wouldn’t you pay for something you enjoy or at least contribute to their being more of it?

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Fuck, it`s going to be a long week before I see my slutty HoTs again :love:
Good news that at least my copy of AC: Valhalla is dloading :devilish:
The moment Ep.6 goes up though, all games go on hold.

Gh0st_Harambe

Mar 9, 2020
Can someone share the latest patreon post about the announcment?

Testers are working really hard, but this update is bigger than usual and that means more testing is needed.

The release dates for "Episode 6 - Damage Control" will be:

$25+ tiers: Friday, November 13

$10+ tiers: Monday, November 16

$5 tier: Friday, November 27 (Patreon version, Patch only)

There will be links for patches and the full version.

If you want to patch the game (recommended), prepare for release by having a clean/unmodified version of the game before release.

Patches will only work with Patreon versions v0.5.0/v0.5.1/v0.5.2. If you have an older version of the game, you will need to download the full version.

Let the countdown begin, DIKs.

Dr PinkCake

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but my opinion is that people who can and want to support him financially, will, regardless if this is posted on F95 or not. And people who can't or don't want to support him financially wouldn't become patreons just because they can't get this game for free.

I'll give you an example. I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XII which I could have gotten from Steam, but since it's a lot of money and I, unfortunately, cannot afford at the moment, I'm playing the cracked version of it. And if the cracked version didn't exist, I would simply not play it at all. When I can, I'll gladly buy it, but in the mean time I'm on board the pirate ship.

This is why some devs choose to post the game themselves here. Nice way to advertise games and get some supporters.
Understand. DPC doesn’t post his stuff here. My point is just folks saying when can I get it free blah blah blah gets old. And without financial support, these folks are not going to keep pumping out games. They are not doing it to please the pirates, they are looking to make money.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Completely disagree.

I enjoy the community here (across F95) because I enjoy these games and it’s one of the most active places to discuss them. You also get access to mods and walkthroughs and help from other players. I’ve enjoyed being able to spend hours speculating on the future of the game here.

That said what better place to suggest people support his Patreon than the most active place for it‘s piracy. You have hundreds, perhaps thousands of people downloading the game, claiming to enjoy it, claiming it’s one of the best. Why wouldn’t you pay for something you enjoy or at least contribute to their being more of it?
Don't you feel people who were interested in supporting, would be doing that by following the OP link, without any preaching from fellow posters on a pirate forum?

And there are plenty of answers to your question. From the simplest "I don't like paying for things" to more complex like being wary of a dev's track record, not liking the Patreon model, or even Patreon itself. Just to name a few.

• Angry
Reactions: Arigon
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes