mickr0

May 28, 2017
I do Hope DPC tunes down the drama a little bit in the following episodes.
In Ep6, it almost feels like the MC is being pushed into every major issue at the same time.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
There is no other vn at Badik's level, that makes the wait between each episode sadder.
We wait for so many days for the update, you download it and in one day you finish it and it leaves you with the feeling of impatience having to wait 4 or 5 months for another episode.
I only found out about this game when ep1-5 were already available, so it was awesome playing them all in one go for the first time - the game just kept on going (with no lame messages saying, "we'll add this content in future" throughout the various scenes). The episodic style of release definitely works for me. I only had to then wait around a month for this latest episode, so that was pretty awesome too. But yeah, now having to wait the typical delay between episodes will suck. No different from waiting between seasons of your favourite TV shows - 2 years between seasons if you consider GOT final season (and the total disappointment that was)... There are a few other games here that have significant delays between updates that I'm waiting on, but this is hands down my favorite!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I hope fucking not that DPC got rid of the RomCom/Comedy elements. This is a college story, with a Fraternity and the whole premise is still College Adventures. If DPC gets rid of the comedy early on, well:

(i) This game will be one long melodramatic spiral because if he can't use comedy and lightness to keep the plot going and interest high, he will use melodrama, and once you start there, you always need to top yourself.

(ii) Derek will be useless and something will be done towards him. Main comic relief guy isn't going to survive or fit well into this Nicholas Sparks story.

(iii) DIKs will either become like Derek, things to phase out, or, worse, also become a font of even more drama (please God no).

(iv) this game will be a chore. Sure, it will still have DPC's great writing, but it will indulge on his worst habits and tendencies, specially for overdramatic moments and 'events'. The entire premise is based on the American Pie/Animal House story, and DPC himself said it'd be much lighter than AL and stuff (or so I remember). If this drastic change is done, so early, it's because DPC decided to say fuck it and indulge himself in the worst way possible. And that's how we gonna get WoT later books.
It's not so much that I think the game will stop having those rom/com comedic moments of levity, I'm sure that we'll still have some, but that there's a lot more dark, depressing elements beginning to encroach on the story. It could be that it all works out like a teen drama show where you'll get these serious storylines that really put certain chatacters through the ringer, but they'll emerge relatively OK at the end, I just worry sometimes that DPC might be doing this too heavy-handedly and that it might just result in no-win scenarios like AL.

I don't think this is accurate, don't see anything within this scene preventing getting the 3some after the Jill date?
Well I didn't and I've seen a lot of others that didn't get it either, even when they're on good terms with Nicole and got the positive Swyper chat with her. rick87's walkthrough even says, "the scene will be cut short if you went with Jill in this chapter".

My mc really want to screw relationship between maya & josy. Please don't add forced decisions there
No, you want to, the MC doesn't, no matter how you play him, because he's never expressed any such desire to do so.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
While your MC may not be romantically entangled with Maya (depending on your story), she is a friend in need. When the MC needed help she was there (along with Derek) giving you a room and support and whatever, and then others (maybe Bella or Sage) also helped the MC out, so as long as no ones expecting you to cover the full tuition (which it does feel like it may be a possible scenario), I think it's fair to help out.
Yeah but they have only known each other for a few weeks and their acting as if they have been friends for years especially since the MC drops everything to run to their rescue. Why can't Derek help her out instead she is his sister and it is his dad that is being a cunt it's family problems I wish you had the option to stay out of it.

I will ask again what can the MC actually do to help? paying her tuition wouldn't help since the MC is fucking poor and I doubt the 5 grand from his mum's family would come anywhere near to paying a tuition fee.

Reactions: Paapi

MaxAxe_69

Nov 17, 2020
when I open the game on my Mac, it just says that the app can't be opened. does anyone know of a workaround or a fix for this?

Edit: fixed it by doing the following in the Terminal app: "chmod -r +X [drag app here]"
Can you provide step by step as I am unable to open the game?

rj677

May 30, 2020
So, I've been thinking a lot about the ending of this episode and how it would seem to set us up for a major confrontation with Maya's Dad in the next episode, and whilst that is very likely, I feel like it could go in one of several different ways.
  1. The MC is waylayed by somebody and isn't with M&J when they enter the room.
    • This would certainly fit DPC's overly dramatic moments because those 2 walking in together would obviously be very bad for Maya and could cause some serious repurcussions, like her Dad forcing her to leave the college and go home with him to get her away from Josy.
  2. Maya goes ahead of the MC and Josy and enters the room first.
    • If Maya enters first and calls out, "Dad!", it would allow for Josy to be able to hold back from entering and either the MC stays with her and there could perhaps be a choice to stay outside or enter the room, and this might be followed by a choice to either confront her Dad or pretend to be her boyfriend.
  3. All 3 enter the room at the same time.
    • Similar to the previous one only this time the Dad will see Josy and start to become enraged, again leading to a possible choice to either confront the Dad or pretend to be Maya's boyfriend.
  4. Maya's Dad isn't in the room when they return.
    • This is another thing I think could be possible because of what it could mean for later and how it would fit DPC's penchant for shocking drama. We know he has a key and can get in any time he wants, but they don't, so if he's not in the room and ended up leaving because he couldn't find her, it means he could come back at an even more inconvenient time, say, when Josy and Maya are in bed together. This could cause her Dad to fly completely off the handle and maybe even drag Maya out and take her home to get her away from Josy.
Right now I really can't say which one I feel is more likely, but 2 & 3 are the kind of thing you might see in a rom-com type movie and I feel like this game largely doesn't have that tone anymore, so 1 & 4 are possibly more likely as they're much more dramatic and more emotionally impactful, which seems to be DPC's bread and butter.

What do you guys think?
I think you should do your own VN, with your attention to detail and the different choices you would deffinitely succeed ;) .

What I would like to happen is 1 and 3.
1 if you are not on their romance path but still give us the option to go in or not and confront the dad or admit to be Mayas boyfriend.
3 if you are on their romance path and the MC defends everybody, for example, saying that he is Mayas boyfriend and Josy is a friend in common.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yeah but they have only known each other for a few weeks and their acting as if they have been friends for years especially since the MC drops everything to run to their rescue. Why can't Derek help her out instead she is his sister and it is his dad that is being a cunt it's family problems I wish you had the option to stay out of it.

I will ask again what can the MC actually do to help? paying her tuition wouldn't help since the MC is fucking poor and I doubt the 5 grand from his mum's family would come anywhere near to paying a tuition fee.
It's unlikely they would do this, but depending on how far $5000 goes with the currency of this game, perhaps MC could *loan* her the cash, she uses it yo pay off the co-signed loan with her father (he then loses leverage), then gets a normal student loan to pay for her tuition like every other adult student. Sure she now owes the bank and the MC, but them's the breaks if you want to get out of a rut.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019

She doesn't need help as of now. If she keeps silent, she saves a lot of money.

Kakoli55

Jun 2, 2020
ı dont give a fuck about jıll
and ı dont understand what makes her so ımportant to you guys
ıf she wants to say goodbye to us for any reason
she cant goodbye me ı goodbye her
maya path is the greatest path ı thınk when ım ın that path ı feel lıke ım not playıng but ım lıvıng ıt

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
then gets a normal student loan to pay for her tuition like every other adult student.
I think that option would make DPC look like a bad writer who only put that shit in for drama's sake which to be honest would probably be true. It would also make Maya look like a fucking idiot for not taking that option in the first place and would kind of make me feel sorry for Maya because of the amount of debt she would be in after college.

She doesn't need help as of now. If she keeps silent, she saves a lot of money.
If that is the case why does the MC need to be involved then if all she needs to do is stay quiet.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
I think that option would make DPC look like a bad writer who only put that shit in for drama's sake which to be honest would probably be true. It would also make Maya look like a fucking idiot for not taking that option in the first place and would kind of make me feel sorry for Maya because of the amount of debt she would be in after college.

If that is the case why does the MC need to be involved then if all she needs to do is stay quiet.
Didn't we have to go help Quinn, after just handling Sage crying in the rain? same answer.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I only found out about this game when ep1-5 were already available, so it was awesome playing them all in one go for the first time - the game just kept on going (with no lame messages saying, "we'll add this content in future" throughout the various scenes). The episodic style of release definitely works for me. I only had to then wait around a month for this latest episode, so that was pretty awesome too. But yeah, now having to wait the typical delay between episodes will suck. No different from waiting between seasons of your favourite TV shows - 2 years between seasons if you consider GOT final season (and the total disappointment that was)... There are a few other games here that have significant delays between updates that I'm waiting on, but this is hands down my favorite!
I discovered this game at the beginning of November and I started playing it last week, when I found out that the new update was coming out on Friday I was very happy :) I was able to play directly from chapter 1 to 5 and then 6 without having to wait nothing. A marvel, now having to wait is making it difficult for me and we have only been 4 days haha

• Haha
Reactions: shazba

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Didn't we have to go help Quinn, after just handling Sage crying in the rain? same answer.
No. you had the option to let her go and not help her also depending of your affinity and choices you try to help her and she refuses your help.

akikospam74

Dec 19, 2019
Alright, finally got to play episode 6

Tbh I thought it was kinda underwhelming, given my enormous expectations.

Those free roam events were meh, and I didn't care much about this new mansion minigame, I prefer simpler stuff..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes