KanosVagyok

Jan 1, 2021
Cool, DPC just add new phone-design. We don't have any info about numbers of animations or renders done. It doesn't really matter, the update is still far. Happy to have others games to keep me waiting (if you have some good games, i'm always up to play them).
can u suggest me good games? i played out the milfy city, filf, summertime saga, and being a dik.
i like the office girls. secretary etc.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
can u suggest me good games? i played out the milfy city, filf, summertime saga, and being a dik.
i like the office girls. secretary etc.
I know they will surely delete this comment, but I hope not, since we are helping another user to discover other games

Summer's Gone, TimeStamps, WVW, The AOA academy, Rebirth, Amnesia, Come Inside, False Hero, City of Broken Dreamers, The Deluca Family, Jessica Oneil Hard News, A Wife and a Mother, Glimpses of the Past, Leap of Faith, Where it All Began, Rejected no More, Measuring my cum, Unchaste, A Mothers Love, Become a Rockstar, Fashion Business, Treasure of Nadia...

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
I know they will surely delete this comment, but I hope not, since we are helping another user to discover other games

Summer's Gone, TimeStamps, WVW, The AOA academy, Rebirth, Amnesia, Come Inside, False Hero, City of Broken Dreamers, The Deluca Family, Jessica Oneil Hard News, A Wife and a Mother, Glimpses of the Past, Leap of Faith, Where it All Began, Rejected no More, Measuring my cum, Unchaste, A Mothers Love, Become a Rockstar, Fashion Business, Treasure of Nadia...
Thank you, i just play City of Broken Dreamers, Become a Rockstar (not fan...) and Fashion business (don't really like it). This comment can be deleted while i read it ;-)

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

Opera Captura de pantalla_2021-01-08_105456_f95zone.to.png

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Thank you, i just play City of Broken Dreamers, Become a Rockstar (not fan...) and Fashion business (don't really like it). This comment can be deleted while i read it ;-)
In that case, I'm just gonna take this chance to plug some of my favorites off the top of my head that I feel deserve recognition. I'm gonna try quoting this very post to save space (in the name of science), so if I accidentally divide by zero you can blame the end of the world on me.

City of Broken Dreamers you already know, but I can't start a list of favorite VNs without it. Great art, great dialogue, great characters, just a great package in so many ways.

Being a DIK too is obviously familiar, but... well, we know it's great, let's move in.

Corporate Culture is great, but it doesn't have much content and I think someone said the creator is having health problems, so its future is kind of up in the air right now.

Pale Carnations is an incredible game that will (if I may be so presumptuous) probably take you out of your comfort zone, and it will captivate you with its top-tier writing, aesthetics, and atmosphere. There's not a lot of 'office sexy', but it taps into a lot of the same classy kind of sexy, rather that just smut (note: pretty smutty smut, too).

Karlsson's Gambit too has excellent writing. The first minute or two made it seem like more, umm... "low-effort" than it really is. Something I really appreciate with it is that it's not afraid to spell out long paragraphs for your dialogue choices, letting you actually have an idea of what your character is saying beyond just the words.

The DeLuca Family has some top tier character arcs and visuals, as well as some pretty heavy themes.

Speaking of heavy themes, Summer's Gone and Where It All Began (same creator) admirably tries to tackle those in a very down-to-earth manner, so if that's your jam, go for it.

And for even more heavy stuff, A.O.A Academy doesn't have much content yet, but it's shaping up to be really good, I feel it seems very promising.

Oh, and I almost forgot about Leap of Faith, such a nice story with some good drama. Surprisingly realistic for a harem-style story.
EDIT Holy shit, it worked.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Phone update looks as expected.

Nice to see the new paintings being put to use, still most likely gonna be two episodes until they're available to unlock.

Not surprised to see Swyper gone, I think it was mentioned in game that MC was likely done with it, but then he got with Nora. But more than enough college girls to go around.

Not showing the mini games makes me think there will be a new mini game, or the DIK rebuild is moving to the phone, which makes sense.

Can't have a free roam outside the mansion if we need to do mansion stuff every free roam, but with mansion stuff on phone we can have free roam in the HOTs again.

Reactions: rj677

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
OK, then show us how she cares, about anyone. Because reading back through her dialogue, I don't see it.
I can't show you, because those moments were already cited by other people here and you clearly disagreed with them, so there's not much I can do. They're also not directly stated but interpreted from what she says, how she says it, and even her body language. And if there's anything we can derive from this conversation, it's that you and I don't read these things the same way at all.

aarbei23

Jan 14, 2018

WARNING!
If you haven't played episode 6, there may be minor spoilers for you in this post.
This post contains minor spoilers for an updated feature in episode 7, but it's nothing that's story related.
Read at your own discretion.

This week's status update is a bit different than usual.

I wanted to present parts of an updated/new feature that will appear, starting episode 7.

Many of you have guessed it already, and for others, it might come as a minor surprise.

I have worked hard on updating the in-game phone to accommodate the future needs of the game.

The phone is updated starting episode 7, so it's not a retroactive change. The MC just got a new phone, and it's going to be an improved version of the old variant.

So, what I've done is a rewrite of the phone code. I've left functionality that works well, added new functionality that's needed, updated the GUIs, and more.

I could probably talk about the phone features for hours, but I have to limit myself and let you discover most on your own.

So, I'm not going to go overtly into details, as it's also a work in progress feature, but I will show you a few of the implemented features and my thoughts for them below.

The main GUI is completely new, but it should still feel familiar.

Note that the phone in the picture is from a playthrough without mini-games.

During free-roam events, there's a music bar displaying the name of the song that's currently playing. You can toggle this bar on or off if you'd rather see more of the wallpaper behind it.

In this picture you can see three new apps, and also notice the absence of some. Some apps may have been removed, some apps may have been merged.

The two new apps in this picture are 2D art and Pack Quest. You've come into contact with both of them in episode 6.

They will be handled directly from your phone starting episode 7.

With the exception of a few apps, most apps have been (or will be) revamped.

Two apps I'm particularly excited about are the Music and Bios apps.

In the Music app, you can now filter songs by genre, and I have included a genre for licensed music that many of you wanted to be able to play.

You can also set songs as favorites and have a playlist with just your favorite tunes.

This means that you can choose to have a customized playlist that you can play during free roam events.

I can't show you too much of the Bios app, but it's going to be a tilted version of the phone where each character will have their own screen with past choices and events.

Without getting into detail, a subset of other features that you can expect from the new phone are:

• Customizable/favorite/randomized wallpaper functionality.
  • Simple emoticons in text messages.
  • Animated transitions and screens.
The phone feels very modern and it's an enjoyable experience using it.

I hope that you will come to love it as much as I already do.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
Can I also play BaD on this phone?

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Well what you want if these features wouldn't be there the game would be done in 8-10 updates not 12-14...:WeSmart:
I agree with both of you to some extent, none of this seems absolutely critical, but at the same time one of the reasons I like BADIK is the spit 'n polish. I mean, just the other day there was the conversation about Josy and Maya being jelly of Sage, and there being a single frame where Josy looks worried and Maya avoids eye contact. That frame was not necessary and could easily have been handled through the dialogue, but it's there, and it makes things better. Actually, a better example is the first weekend at home, I think MC is talking to Josy on the couch when her bra strap falls down. Without anyone acknowledging anything, MC reaches up, fixes it, and that's like four or five frames that had to be rendered just for a wholesome little detail that literally does not matter. Hell, everything about Rooster is largely superfluous, but I'll be damned if I don't love the hell out of it, so I guess it would be pretty hypocritical of me to shit on the phone stuff.

I also doubt this is purely aesthetic. I'm sure DPC has laid a foundation for future plans in the code and layout (notice how there's a lot of unused space), so might as well think of this as a "had to get it done at some point" kind of thing.

Of course, the question is whether or not this does come at the cost of story a lá D&G.

Last edited:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I can't show you, because those moments were already cited by other people here and you clearly disagreed with them, so there's not much I can do. They're also not directly stated but interpreted from what she says, how she says it, and even her body language. And if there's anything we can derive from this conversation, it's that you and I don't read these things the same way at all.
The only moments that were cited by other people was Riona saying "we shouldn't be talking about this" Ename insist that this is proof that Riona is defending Sage, after blatantly lying about her. So if you have any Riona dialogue that shows a feeling of affection or respect for Sage, please produce it. And I'm talking about clear dialogue of undoubted meaning, not "we shouldn't be talking about this", which could be interpreted many ways. If you can't produce such dialogue then please drop the subject.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
The only moments that were cited by other people was Riona saying "we shouldn't be talking about this" Ename insist that this is proof that Riona is defending Sage, after blatantly lying about her. So if you have any Riona dialogue that shows a feeling of affection or respect for Sage, please produce it. And I'm talking about clear dialogue of undoubted meaning, not "we shouldn't be talking about this", which could be interpreted many ways. If you can't produce such dialogue then please drop the subject.
Fair enough, maybe I projected intent unto something someone said.

But I already did drop the subject (by implication), and I outright said that I can't (in cursive) produce what you want and instead only have interpretations, and I feel the fact that you didn't understand that clearly demonstrates my point that you and I just don't read or view things the same way at all, which I'm sure makes this a frustrating dialogue for both of us. Now, I'm definitely being unnecessarily snide here, so I want to make it clear that it is wholly out of frustration at the fundamental incompatibility between the ways you and I seem to communicate and/or read people/text.

So, I'mma be 100% transparent here, consider the subject dropped.

... By me, at least.

Last edited:

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
gotta love that DPC is always finding new ways to make the game better
Seems more like bloat the game rather. Some of the features don't contribute anything to the storyline, and only add a superficial variety. Like why do we need 10 different minigames inside another game. I'd much rather he focus on progressing the story and making it more believable, than this unnecessary padding with features not only nobody asked for, but some of which derail the focus entirely like the D&G sequences.

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
I applaud the effort, I really do, but I question whether features like this are really more important uses of time than the actual story of the game and all the various paths.
Do you know why I think Being a DIK is the top rated game on this entire website? It's because the devs don't take those kinds of shortcuts, and release a product which only focuses on the next sex scene after the other.
Without Pinkcake's initiative this game wouldn't have a killer soundtrack, fun minigames, great visual design or little details in the cutscenes that take the characters from 3d animatrons to fully fledged people. None of these things were technically necessary for telling the story, but it's what makes it great.
Most games on this website feel lifeless because of the same reason a Ubisoft RPG feels lifeless: The game designers only care about efficiency, speed and money per hour worked, leaving their games devoid of any creative spirit.
That's why I think skipping details like this is a horrible idea. You'll get a product a few weeks earlier, but you'll end up heavily dissapointed and whine in the comments like it always happens on this website if quality dips half a percentage below the expected.
So let Dr Pinkcake work. The devs have earned MUCH confidence with their current and previous work.

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019

WARNING!
If you haven't played episode 6, there may be minor spoilers for you in this post.
This post contains minor spoilers for an updated feature in episode 7, but it's nothing that's story related.
Read at your own discretion.

This week's status update is a bit different than usual.

I wanted to present parts of an updated/new feature that will appear, starting episode 7.

Many of you have guessed it already, and for others, it might come as a minor surprise.

I have worked hard on updating the in-game phone to accommodate the future needs of the game.

The phone is updated starting episode 7, so it's not a retroactive change. The MC just got a new phone, and it's going to be an improved version of the old variant.

So, what I've done is a rewrite of the phone code. I've left functionality that works well, added new functionality that's needed, updated the GUIs, and more.

I could probably talk about the phone features for hours, but I have to limit myself and let you discover most on your own.

So, I'm not going to go overtly into details, as it's also a work in progress feature, but I will show you a few of the implemented features and my thoughts for them below.

The main GUI is completely new, but it should still feel familiar.

Note that the phone in the picture is from a playthrough without mini-games.

During free-roam events, there's a music bar displaying the name of the song that's currently playing. You can toggle this bar on or off if you'd rather see more of the wallpaper behind it.

In this picture you can see three new apps, and also notice the absence of some. Some apps may have been removed, some apps may have been merged.

The two new apps in this picture are 2D art and Pack Quest. You've come into contact with both of them in episode 6.

They will be handled directly from your phone starting episode 7.

With the exception of a few apps, most apps have been (or will be) revamped.

Two apps I'm particularly excited about are the Music and Bios apps.

In the Music app, you can now filter songs by genre, and I have included a genre for licensed music that many of you wanted to be able to play.

You can also set songs as favorites and have a playlist with just your favorite tunes.

This means that you can choose to have a customized playlist that you can play during free roam events.

I can't show you too much of the Bios app, but it's going to be a tilted version of the phone where each character will have their own screen with past choices and events.

Without getting into detail, a subset of other features that you can expect from the new phone are:

• Customizable/favorite/randomized wallpaper functionality.
  • Simple emoticons in text messages.
  • Animated transitions and screens.
The phone feels very modern and it's an enjoyable experience using it.

I hope that you will come to love it as much as I already do.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake
each episode he add a new feature
ep6_jml35.jpg

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
I applaud the effort, I really do, but I question whether features like this are really more important uses of time than the actual story of the game and all the various paths.
I think it adds to the overall game and can make games stand out from the usual make a few choices, bang some people, rinse and repeat.
Doubt it will effect the story etc. in terms of time taken or rushing things as since he updated his PC to better GPU's he will probably have more time on his hands to add new features.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Phone update looks as expected.

Nice to see the new paintings being put to use, still most likely gonna be two episodes until they're available to unlock.

Not surprised to see Swyper gone, I think it was mentioned in game that MC was likely done with it, but then he got with Nora. But more than enough college girls to go around.

Not showing the mini games makes me think there will be a new mini game, or the DIK rebuild is moving to the phone, which makes sense.

Can't have a free roam outside the mansion if we need to do mansion stuff every free roam, but with mansion stuff on phone we can have free roam in the HOTs again.

I don't think the reconstruction of the DIKs headquarters ends up on the phone, in the end it can only proceed when MC is there.

a new minigames could be there

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes