shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Good planning doesn't equal to good writing. Having 5 different levels of antagonists in a college-AVN setting actually shows how much he loves drama. And yep, there are games better written than this one (and with much better graphics, I'll add) and DPC come across kind of as an ego maniac, judging from how he manages his official channels.

But yeah, sarcasm is better in the outside
I think I've played just about all the games that everyone keeps saying are better written than BaDIK, and I don't believe any of them are. Some of them have much better plots (BaDIK is just a goofy rom/com/drama). But none of them flow so effortlessly along. None of them have the laugh out loud comedy. None of them have the characters with self determined agency. None of them have me posting regularly on a forum thread. None of them have me waiting for the next update. If that's not a well written game, I think I would die if I found one.

I've definitely become a fan of the "No narration" style game. Games that are driven by character dialog alone. BaDIK does that perfectly I feel (I know others complain about exactly that).

The graphics are something I don't even care about. As long as the caricatures are endearing, it's easy to identify.

Anyway, we've all gone down this road before, and as has always been the case, we all seem to have a different opinion as to what good writing is. BaDIK is filled with identifiable cliches, hamfisted drama, and obvious comedy, but all of that has been written very well. Other games have excellent plots with very well defined branching, entirely realized unique lore, and overall direction that could make a great TV series or movie, but the actual writing is lackluster and does not demand you keep reading.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'd be seriously shocked if Vinny isn't responsible for trashing the DIKs mansion. Ep6 went overdrive introducing him to us (although he was already mentioned way back at the first Pink Rose visit). The stilted speech every time Nick mentions how Vinny left, and then the whole sneaky Nick bullshit when the laptop went missing, and then the surprisingly lack of damage done to Nick's room compared to everyone else. Nick even went as far as to ask the MC not to tell everyone about how he was "lucky" that his room wasn't so seriously trashed. We know Nick didn't trash the mansion since he was with the DIKs the whole time, and the Alphas would have to be utter meatheads to tag the building with their symbols - it was a total frame attempt.

Burke is so slimy, there's no way he's innocent. We know Mona didn't have a legitimate scholarship otherwise she wouldn't have even bothered prostituting herself out for the HOTs, she'd have no need for a HOTs sponsored tuition. So the Mona scholarship Burke was deleting was definitely bogus, and convincingly related to Quinn's prostitution ring. He's guilty as sin.

I hope Maya's dad is the first thing to be dealt with in Ep7. Getting sick of that fucker.

I agree Quinn is dangerous, in that shit may happen to her which will overflow onto others, but other than being a drug dealing, prostitute pimping, cunt of a woman, she's actually pretty nice. ;)

I'm not saying it's not like that, but for now Vinny doesn't have a role, we haven't seen him do anything, we've only heard him repeatedly

Reactions: shazba

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I was not talking about Jade's video (which being a serious fact, I hope it has consequences, but we are talking about a non-universal event), but about the canceled scholarships and her involvement, it is not known at what level, with the trafficking by Quinn

if Burke had only been a customer of the restaurant he would have confirmed his role as a slimy professor, instead if he has an active role in the restaurant tours this leads him to a promotion among the "enemies" of the story

but we are always in the field of theories. I would say that in BADIK's economy for now the only villain who played a major role in the plot was Quinn
Doesn't the whole "deleting Mona's scholarship" bit make him an active participant, and not just a customer? The scheme doesn't work without him.

But yeah, I get it. We need them to on-screen start some shit before we can definitively say they're villains.

Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I was not talking about Jade's video (which being a serious fact, I hope it has consequences, but we are talking about a non-universal event), but about the canceled scholarships and her involvement, it is not known at what level, with the trafficking by Quinn

if Burke had only been a customer of the restaurant he would have confirmed his role as a slimy professor, instead if he has an active role in the restaurant tours this leads him to a promotion among the "enemies" of the story

but we are always in the field of theories. I would say that in BADIK's economy for now the only villain who played a major role in the plot was Quinn
Perhaps the true villain, the one that will cause the MC the most hurt and drama in the long run is his cock :eek:!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Doesn't the whole "deleting Mona's scholarship" bit make him an active participant, and not just a customer? The scheme doesn't work without him.

But yeah, I get it. We need them to on-screen start some shit before we can definitively say they're villains.
exactly

apart from the theories we don't know anything, we don't even know if it's Mona who gave up her scholarship to leave the BR.

to be the villain of a story you have to become the engine of the events, for now this role in BADIK has only been held by Quinn and very marginally others like Chad or Tommy

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
On the matter of Caleb.

There needs to be a resolution. DPC made fighting minigame skippable, yet even despite that, the Caleb fight (if initiated) is a choice based "fight" that you can either lose or fight to a standstill. (That awesome two shot of DIKs and Jocks holding Caleb and MC back, I was so hyped)

That fight needs a resolution that the outcome ACTUALLY matters, unlike all other fights. You can win all minigames yet you end up in same situation with all of them... except Caleb fight. That one has two variations on it.

Is Caleb a villain? Fuck no. He's a "Dragon", a strong antagonist to be fought and overcome, definitely, but once things calm down, I can see a world in which he and MC coexists in same campus without fighting ever again. But that final fight HAS to happen.

We deserve a resolution dammit.

How that 2nd fight will happen in story terms?... I dunno. I'd even be down for an ancient warriors going 1v1 instead of armies fighting type of stuff.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
On the matter of Caleb.

There needs to be a resolution. DPC made fighting minigame skippable, yet even despite that, the Caleb fight (if initiated) is a choice based "fight" that you can either lose or fight to a standstill. (That awesome two shot of DIKs and Jocks holding Caleb and MC back, I was so hyped)

That fight needs a resolution that the outcome ACTUALLY matters, unlike all other fights. You can win all minigames yet you end up in same situation with all of them... except Caleb fight. That one has two variations on it.

Is Caleb a villain? Fuck no. He's a "Dragon", a strong antagonist to be fought and overcome, definitely, but once things calm down, I can see a world in which he and MC coexists in same campus without fighting ever again. But that final fight HAS to happen.

We deserve a resolution dammit.

How that 2nd fight will happen in story terms?... I dunno. I'd even be down for an ancient warriors going 1v1 instead of armies fighting type of stuff.
Caleb could also be used to change the cards on the table between Chad and Mc.

Caleb could become an obstacle for Chad too, he could question his leadership (Dawe and the other Jocks don't exist from that point of view)

this would also solve the problems of those players who did not fight with Caleb, but could still participate in the restoration of Chad's power at the home of the Jocks

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shinkei and shazba

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Dawe is also the one going around showing a flyer of the cluck of cathy, claiming diks did it.... (maybe dawe can be involved in destroying dik mansion)
With the Nick is the traitor theory, I've been wondering if there might be a counterpart in the jocks.

I don't think it'd be Dawe, though. Since he had those Ariel photos sent to him. He seems like just another pawn to me.

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
THE BADDIES? its easy all the Burkes are the baddies Jade is the most dangerous one!
Tybalt because he cares about Jill and sexual repression can lead to some wanton actions (luckily he as got that male watermelon...)
Stephen
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Jade - now that is a major dozy a spurned woman is the most dangerous of the wild beasts nature as ever created! She will destroy you without any hint of remorse if she is considered spurned! I saw this once and amazed me... the lover was jealous of the girlfriend while she was still in a relationship and for her it made perfect sense that the lover should drop the girlfriend while she got to keep her man...

Bella

Quinn that "i see you" still sends shivers down my spine!

Vinny (?) totally unknown

Maya´s dad? if time goes by it will solve itself Maya and Josie aren`t likely to stick together but if forced can lead to a nasty confrontation where your sidekick will back stab you! i mean he can be your best friend and your "girls" brother but he is still his father son!

Jill - now that would be funny as hell a "pick me or burn in hell you Mother Cucker"

Tommy -

Steven if you did not talked to him at the start?
Dawe - he seems dumb enough and unable to handle that "so many dicks" moment so a mental breakdown and a school shooter situation(?)

Cathy´s revenge where she might go mad? i mean there´s plenty of of examples of sexual frustration resulting in extreme violence

we know there´s a punch to the stomach down the line, a cathartic moment that will make us regret 90% of the whatever decisions we took and the bang of that punch will be as hardest as you do not see it coming!
Derek

FFS even Sage can become the arch master villain
How can one man be so wrong
care to elaborate there´s at least 4 main points and over 20 interpretations so some clarification would be apreciated

Last edited:
Reactions: RonnieBoi

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
THE BADDIES? its easy all the Burkes are the baddies Jade is the most dangerous one!
Tybalt because he cares about Jill and sexual repression can lead to some wanton actions (luckily he as got that male watermelon...)
In the final scene, where he talks to Jill, Tybalt is eating watermelon. Has anyone seen Tybalt's girlfriend/boyfriend since?
Wait a second...
Oh, NO!

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
That would be some Kaiser Soze levels of dedication to the act. Hell of a twist.
or the best way a girl can go total slut mode without suffering the psychological fallout of the "lifestyle"! As i stated in a previous post girls who are medically certified as nymphos are not the happiest of people! So yes a kayser Soze level of psychological Armour to endure all those dicks!

But i do not see her motivation! and yes some people are jokers who just want to see the world burn but self incriminating herself? Highly unlikely, maybe if her reasoning was to make Dawe stop dating her but just like the M&J situation the harder you make the situation the more solidified is the "victims" resolve to stick it out and endure! In this sence Dawe is in a position of a wife who suffers from domestic violence! He finds excuses for the abuser!

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes