VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Jill Lover

Great game , i enjoyed everything in this game and i cant wait for version 0.4

Pros
    +Great renders
    +Great writing
    +Jill best character in this game
    +Also great music ,most of the game dont have music or if they have its only one looped ,but there u have plenty of them

Neutral
    -Minigames are there ,but they are not hard ,so i dont care about them that
    much

Cons
    -none
  2. 5.00 star(s)

GeorgeInTheForge

The effort put into this game is only matched by few, but this author did it in the time that normal authors spend soaking up patreon money the industry need more like this. Each character has their own trope, and unique model, I'm personally not a fan of the blonde roommate and the gingers normal hair style
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Debaser Pixie

Being a DIK by developer Dr. Pinkcake is a Ren'py fueled romp reminiscent of Van Wilder, Back To School and Animal House. The characters are dynamic and complex, logic progression is seamless and intuitive, and the script writing is superbly top notch. While not as emotionally impactful as Pinkcakes previous foray Acting Lessons, Being a DIK offers much more fun and moments of complete hilarity that will have you laughing out loud. The musical score is appropriately paired with scenes and extremely catchy, which greatly helps the experience. Despite the lighter subject matter, Pinkcakes masterful manipulation of emotionally engaging immersion will still draw you in, inspiring empathetic response for characters who are far more deeply developed than you are expecting. The mini-games integrated throughout the game can be challenging, but rarely have any impact beyond bonus scenes. For those compelled to complete them all, ensure to save before an attempt, as you cannot rollback.

If you are looking for a one-handed fappable experience, you would do well to keep looking. Being a DIK is exponentially more dynamic than the amateurishly simple sex-slideshows widely available in every fetish of your choice. Instead, Dr. Pinkcake has delivered a complex and engaging gaming experience that is easily on par with a professional developer.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Hamet

Best animations i've ever seen in an adult game. Story is good and the characters are unique. Derek is a real fun friend to have, Quinn is just what i need in an adult game. Sage is the hottest girl ever. I'm not really into the love stories in adult games so maya and jody was a little bit boring for me. But other than that it's just perfect!
  5. 4.00 star(s)

akenedy

This game is one of the best on this site. The writing is well-written and enjoyable, the story is a bit predictable but fun and is written as a college boner comedy but with well-written humor. The characters are diverse and distinct visually as well as personality-wise and the renders, character models, and animations are some of the best on this site. Minor things I didn't enjoy is the fighting minigame, but you can completely turn off the minigames if you don't want to bother with them, and there are characters who would be great to have the choice to pursue like Quinn, one of the main antagonist, but the game is far from finished so there is still room for more twists and turns in the story, other than that a really fun, enjoyable game.

Edit: After years in development this game became bloated, aimless, and in some ways outdated. Especially the aggressive towards the players and time-wasteful mini-games. The production value is still high with all the mass funding this project gets but it became a chore to play this, and many times through it I mentally stopped and questioned where is this game going and what is the dev trying to do with it.

Maybe the dev will realize his mistakes in time and turn it around but as is it's more interesting to see which direction this game takes than actually playing it.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Peol

Because of the (understandably) long periods of time between updates, I find myself forgetting about how special this game is. But once the new update comes around and I play it, I can't stop thinking about. I remember why this game is so far ahead of most games here (imo).
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Sy00

Great game, the renders are amazing and there a good story for those who enjoy it. There also options, two main paths to follow and minigames (which I am not a big fan of but a walkthrough and option to skip minigames is available). In essence, it's a high quality game and I love the characters, especially Jill, Bella and the gender studies prof. Hoping for more content with these characters and femdom in future releases.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Nakathor

I'm simply in love with this game.
    I usually don't pay much attention to the story, but here I read everything and I'm so in the story in general and characters's story, they are well written and renders are lovely ! So far I can only suggest you to play it !
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Glover

One of the best adult game I ever play.
    The renders are amazing, as the animation, the adventure is horny and romantic as I like, girls are all differents, all sex are presents, the mini games are fun...
    What to say, it's juste a marvelous work !
  10. 5.00 star(s)

eselpferdinand

Beautiful girls and very unique characters - their design is done with a lot of love. Even if some are pretty crazy, they are all somehow lovely :D

There also are very nice animations, not only during sex scenes, the game looks really alive thanks to it.

The story is good, one of the few erotic games I actually read everything that happens ;)
  11. M
    5.00 star(s)

Morenito96

This is one of the best, if not THE best, games on this entire site. The college setting, Greek life aspects, and the beautiful women make this a truly amazing experience. While the animated sex scenes are also stunning, the incredible story also keeps me coming back. Dr Pink Cake's previous game, Acting Lessons, was a work of art within itself, but this game definitely puts him over the top as one of the best developers out there. This game is a favorite of mine and just had to leave a review because of how well-made it is. I recommend that every user at least give it a try. You won't regret it! :love:
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Munkkivittu

This best vn so far. Acting lessons was very good and because of that i expected lot of this game, but its way more amazing than i ever could think of. Story is just perfect, i love character and renders, even animations is very good. I think this game has something for everyone.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

jackjack18

Simply amazing. Amazing renders, a lot of content and a very unique story, I will not spoil. Background music is top, the game is perfect for both categories of players (those who like the story, and those who want to go straight to the "dirty" part). Must be played!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

C.B

I highly recommend this.

So much fun - this title is (so far) one of the best I've tried, if not the best. Did I say it is fun?! All that content, most impressive and for me they key-word is fun, I laughed so much playing this!
    I've read a couple of the reviews and yes, they know (perhaps) what they are talking about, I'm not a game designer, nor a game programmer. But this is a "free" game for you to try so you can decide your self. If the next update is like this one was (excellent) - I'll find some money to support them with.

All good things to you all.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

TuttaFuffa

I'm not a talkative member, but it's a while I'm around, and I've played my share of games: it's the first time I need to give my 2 cents. A part the new combat system introduced with the v3, it's the best game ever tried on this forum so far.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

boogiecookie

this is currently one of the top games. strong storyline and hot girls! the resolution is very high and the girls look so authentic. cant wait for more - keep up the good work, Dr Pinkcake! i like Isabella and Jill the most : )
  17. 5.00 star(s)

BobTheWankerDK

I won't drag this out in long sentences and into a gloryfied analysis of the game, you'll have to explore the game yourself - and you really should!

The game itself is mostly a visual novel, but you get to chose some key elements and the story and the characters are awesome - especially the friendship between the MC and Derek is awesome. So much humor is put into the game, which makes this game not only a game in which you impatiently wait for sex scenes, but where you also get into the actual plot of the game and the funny and akward moments of it.

The dev behind this game has done a great job with the renders, the plot and the narrative.

I can't give it less than top character.
    Really a game worth trying and I can't wait to see what's next XD
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Noxusa

I truly love this game! This review will be for version 0.3.0

If you liked Acting Lessons, you will enjoy this game. It's not perfect and I will go into things that could use some improvements later. However, let's start with the good things!

1. Beautiful renders. This game has one of the prettiest renders that you will see in any adult game. The women are all very attractive and realistic. The sex scenes are also very well done.

2. Story. The story is very enjoyable and the characters are very believable. Most characters have multiple sides to them as well. Sure, the story in general is a little cheesy and not every character has had time to shine, but there is still more to come! There are some nice twists in the story as well and I always wondered what would happen next.

3. Gameplay. If you're looking for a true sandbox game, this game won't be for you. Being a Dik is a very linear game. It does have some more open moments, but even then the options are limited. That being said, if you are into visual novels with some light RPG elements, give this one a try!

4. Details. This game has a lot of hidden details. From apps on your phone that update, to little fun text conversations and even hidden pictures. There is a lot of hidden things in this game and it's wonderful!

5. Music. For the most part, the music is very good and will get you right into the scenes. Only some tracks are a little annoying (see below).

6. Replay value. During the game you will have to make certain choices. These choices will basically affect a morality meter. You can be a DIK (basically a mean douchebag) or a CHICK (a nice, polite guy). These choices will make you want to experiment with different playthroughs to see which results you'll get.

The bad/suggested improvements:

1. Certain music tracks. So some music tracks are very annoying. Pretty much all the music tracks with vocals are quite cringy and cheesy. They sound like the typical songs that cheesy college bands will create, usually with a lead singer who's name is "Josh".

2. Free roam should be expanded. During certain moments in the story you will have the ability to explore a little bit. This is fun, but also very limited. You can check your phone during these moments, use some apps and explore a very limited amount of your environment. It would be fun if there was more stuff to find during these moments.

3. Certain characters can be annoying. As with every linear video game, certain characters will be fun, and others will be annoying. In the game you will encounter a character who is very much a party animal. While this character does have some funny moments, he isn't one of my favorites. Granted, over time he shows more serious sides of himself, but I feel he's featured a little bit too much.

Overall, this game is a definite 5/5 for me. It's one of the best games you'll find. Unfortunately, it's not finished yet, but this is a title I will follow closely!
  19. 5.00 star(s)

xl Daedalus lx

Very, very good game with a ton of different (at least to me) mechanics and such to make it unique.
    The story, thus far, is top notch. Not the typical storyline on here. Let's be real, a good 75-80% of the games on here are seemingly a remake of the others. Even to the point that the models are identical. Not a problem in this game!

The models are some of the best quality models I have seen on here. Period.

I am looking very forward to sitting down and playing the final version. Although I may just live in the library and say fuck college... if you know what I mean. (I WILL melt that ice and make her mine, damn it.)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

grekkstar_

After version 0.3 - wow! Amazing graphics and animations. Even the dialogues, which are not the most important thing if we're honest ;), are very good and even made me laugh a couple of times. Truly excellent game!