Sep 8, 2021
I got up to 3 options going chick. Jill, Bella and Maya+Josy. In total there are Sage, Jill, Bella, Maya+Josy, Others.
I have no idea what happened but I have none of those options at breakfast. I had "Thanks" "what if I hurt someone" and what if I don't know what I want". That's on pure DIK and pure CHIK saves.

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
Okay, I've found more cheat checks in the freeroam events. This is only a hotfix and you might find something that i missed.
Place the content of the zip into the game folder.
The game might give an error the first time you start it, just restart.

If you know how to enable the developer console (unren), you can also set the cheatcat variable to "".
cheatcat=""

You will still need the update8.rpy file.
I downloaded this, but I don't know where to put it...

stevea73

May 31, 2020
just one question why is this game on this site more up to date then on steam
steam version is only up to episode 4 yet here it's episode 8 so people who bought it on steam r getting ripped off

• Haha
Reactions: Gnarlywonder

Daxos89

Jan 12, 2019
The dialogue is odd because besides that one date MC in the playthrough is a Dik and rejected any advance. The card at the end of episode 7 says "Just friends". Why does MC need to tell her "I don't want to date you" when she's considered a "friend", didn't do anything with her past that one date and wasn't even an option during the "final decision"? The dialogue doesn't make sense.
Well, I admit it is frased oddly at places. But, the facts are that MC have dated her, but never told her that he does not want to anymore and only coinsiders her a friend. Bella did not know where MC stands with her exactly, so she asked.

Reactions: Tyzorak

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Well, I admit it is frased oddly at places. But, the facts are that MC have dated her, but never told her that he does not want to anymore and only coinsiders her a friend. Bella did not know where MC stands with her exactly, so she asked.
That's a fair question to ask. MC could have easily have said " Bella, you have thing to worry about because we are not seeing each other. Nothing came out it after that one date. We're better as friends."

summom

Dec 2, 2018
This game is absolutely fantastic, just like his previous one, Acting Lessons. But why do we have to choose one girl than other :(
Too shame his games are not harem :(

R2D2C3PO

Mar 9, 2021
Hey guys, i cant invite either maya or josy for the date at the MCs room. There is no chance to sent a textmessage.
can sb help?

Tarny

Feb 1, 2020
So I might be fking stupid, how do you actually download the game LOL. When I click "File_BeingADIK-0.8.0-pc-zip" nothing happens. Thanks!

Oct 18, 2021
This thread truly turned into a massive compilation of hot takes after what seemed to be one of the best updates for this game.
  • People being surprised by 'twists' in the cliffhangers? (Even though countless times such a technique has been used in the past in the same game, and most didn't even give two cents about them but decided to this time albeit it not being convoluted?) Check
  • People being surprised by 'unexpected twists?' Even when many predicted it some time ago as it was with ep. 7's ending 'twist'? So if you have predicted before, you came to that conclusion by using the game's material which led you to believe in such a possibility, so how is that 'unexpected' then? Even so, if a 'twist' is completely 'out of the left field' (even when it actually isn't), it's 'bad' because it's convoluted and was not hinted at all by the story or the clues given before? Check
  • People being surprised that the choice to actually choose a LI out of the main LIs is actually there at the end of this episode? It was built up possibly not perfectly, but definitely logically by the events of the game: the MC consistently thinking about dating his behavior when dating multiple girls at the same time, second-guessing himself, and then maturing over the course of the events of the game. Meeting and seeing most of the main girls together was the final straw that broke the camel's back in terms of continuing to play with the main girls' feelings for the rest of the game? The choice didn't come out of nowhere, and if your MC has been completely faithful to a single main LI throughout the whole game, that is depicted in the final choice and montage. Most are salty about this because they thought that everyone's going to be expendable for the whole game. Even with the choice at the end of 8, we don't know exactly how the relationships will actually develop. What if you choose 'Others' but then you actually 'come to your senses' and decide that it's better to finally settle down with someone. What if you start being serious with a main LI, but then you cheat or get caught cheating? We don't know what will follow after this big choice, so we can't act as if we do. Of course, there is an argument that DPC just might not give that big choice again to us later on in the game, and undoubtedly, it heavily depends on the developer's own design and choice (as this whole game or any other on this forum), but to say that it's 'set in stone' and we know what will happen with the game in the future would be too early and unjustifiable as we simply can't say that without knowing the rest of the game. Check
  • People pointlessly saying again that DPC is 'milking' and should hire a team to help him speed up the development process because it's 'taking too long'. This is quite valid, however, as it was repeated on this and other game threads multiple times before, it brings much more risks with itself rather than keep working as is now, especially if the present arrangement 'works'. I don't want to mention other games here to not get the post deleted, but there are quite a few developers who either hired actual assistance or even had full-fledged teams for working on the game(-s), and in most cases the quality goes down or the team runs a risk of breaking up at any moment because some member of the team might leave, get seriously ill, etc., etc. There are too many extra variables to be added when you involve actual additional people (coding, rendering, writing; not additional art commissioning or beta-testing as here), and most of the time those don't work out, only a handful of projects have actual functioning teams that deliver a successful game. Check

There always will be some questions or complaints with a game or an update, that's normal and to be expected, plot devices and conveniences exist in every possible medium, you can’t satisfy everyone with every bit of something, but to prematurely say after an update that it 'should be the last one', or DPC is 'losing interest', or he should 'write some events differently', whilst all fair concerns, are mostly unjustified by the actual content and events of this update which followed after Season 1 and 3 episodes of Season 2

Last edited:

DahlHeadlands

Dec 7, 2018
I've gone through Episode 8 with several different runs, and I think I've seen just about all there is to see without a guide. Now I need to sort out my thoughts on it.

This was definitely a large update. Yet somehow it feels extremely thin, as though the important parts were diluted by an unrelenting stream of high-gloss filler material. Worse, while several scenes were quite nice in and of themselves, the overall character/story progression was handled surprisingly gracelessly.

BaDIK hasn't felt this railroaded since Episode 4. Far too many of our choices were ignored or neutered, seemingly for no reason beyond a lack of imagination by DPC. The titular "crossroads" in the MC's relationships comes not as a natural result of our choices, nor even as the result of an external crisis a la Josy's arrival at the end of Episode 3. No, this crossroad is literally because the MC woke up one day and decided dating multiple girls was unworkable no matter what had been said before. The episode then abruptly ends before the MC can actually implement his decision, meaning there's a high likelihood we're going to be stuck doing this dance all over again as Season 3 unfolds.

As a result, my enthusiasm for Season 3 has diminished significantly. It feels like we're going to be stuck in endless loops as the main story is advanced drip by tiny drip. I've long wanted the MC to be able to commit to a single relationship, but that was always with the assumption that the game would branch sufficiently to reflect those differences. Between the ham-fisted "crossroads" and the revelations in the closing montage, I don't think that's going to happen anymore, and the rate at which it fails to happen is going to be glacially slow. That's not going to sit well as we wait 6+ months for the next installment to clean up this mess.

So yeah, overall I'm pretty down on Episode 8, and the game as a whole. Now let's look at the details, which means spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tl;dr Despite a lot of fun aspects, Episode 8 overall feels like a big step in the wrong direction and I'm no longer eager to play Season 3.
Couldn't agree more.

The overall flow, or lack there of, in this episode really took me out of it. The MC would just appear out of nowhere to scenes and exit without us really knowing where he's off to, it was bizarre. We are so used to seeing the MC travel and communicate to us where he needs to go that day well in advance; these isolated scenes made the whole episode feel pieced together which is not the norm for DPC. A date with Jill and her friends literally begins and ends at the doorsteps to the house, no build up or cool down. You would think that directly after a scene like that would be the time for Jill and the MC to have a talk about where they stand in the relationship, instead, it gets deferred to after the MC makes his choice and Jill only brings up the issue of you seeing other people a literal sentence before you resolve it with her. Despite Jill getting the most attention in this episode, because of the nature it's presented, things feel rushed.

Honestly, most of the plotlines here felt rushed. You're forced into committing to a LI for no major reason other than season 2 needs a finale, and because you're pushed into this decision, the MC can't go about cutting things off with others in the best and logical way, all for the sake of creating avoidable drama. Sure, it would be a shock to Jill to find out Bella and MC are dating, but did she really need to walk in on them fucking? Sure, Bella would be disappointed and isolated after being turned down by the MC, but he couldn't tell her something like that to her face? Hell, this episode makes a point to show how all of the LIs have become a group of loving friends, would it be that hard to get them all in a room together and have a honest heart-to-heart with them? Judging by their characters, although they would be upset, I think each of them would be pretty understanding about you making a choice. At the very least, you'd actually tell Maya and Josy you picked them before the season ended.

This all felt hurried along, like DPC had a series of plot points and choices he wanted the player to make in the episode, and because season 2 is the arbitrary deadline to make these happen, we're just racing through them to fill the quota. There were some seriously great moments in this episode, which you'd expect nothing less from DPC, but much like Episode 4 (the season 1 finale), there's a real disconnect between what the player feels/knows and what the MC pursues.

Overall, this episode just leaves a bad taste in your mouth, which is unfortunate because it didn't need to. Rather than "talking in circles" about the plot twists like DPC said would happen, it seems a lot of us are thinking about the actual future of the game in the macro. Is the game going to be the same fun and wild ride that we've been enjoying now that the MC has to commit to LIs? It's an honest question and the more I think about the Halloween party on the horizon, the less excited I am given the new parameters we've been railroaded into. Is someone romancing Bella really going to have fun at a DIK house party that she likely won't attend?

The balance between detailed romance gameplay and reckless college partying gameplay now seems at real odds, where the majority of your playtime will now be turning down various romantic or sexual options in order to stay true to the LI you committed to. If DPC expects us all to run with 5-6 save files to experience all of the content in a single episode from here on out, this game will turn into a real chore - episodes that become a mile wide, but only an inch long for each playthrough. People keep ridiculous amounts of saves like that by choice as a way to test the combinations of outcomes they can get, not because they have to in order to get a reasonable amount of content from each update. Obviously diverging paths have been the foundation of BaD, but with the amount of variables thrown into the mix with this finale, I have a hard time seeing how things can stay on track and still be fulfilling.

Hopefully DPC has a plan for all of this, but the lack of plot reveal in this episode really makes you wonder if this game will have enough steam to justify the planned length.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes