Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
We need to wait for Friday's status update. So new information will appear. But the interlude, according to the developer, will contain 40-60 minutes of gameplay, and this corresponds to about 2/3 of the first episode of Being a dik and at the same time there will be no free roams in the game. I would be very surprised if the game is released in February. I'm betting on the end of January - beginning of February.
If he doesn't drop it by the end of February, he's going to be in trouble. Not only this slowed down the game, but it also means that we possibly will get 1 update only this year and it will screw up his release schedule.

Unless he intends to do 2 smaller size updates this year. If he really intends to go along with making each episode bigger than the last, there's no way he can drop 2 updates this year.

wholef'nshow

Mar 9, 2020
I am not entirely. But when you open your phone in a free roam. Open the settinga and there you should be able to change your own name als well as the pet names(thats how the girls call you in lewd scenes i think).
You can change your name in the game in that way, not in the gallery scenes.
But thank you anyway for the answer! :)

If you're talking about the MC's name used in the dialogues of the Gallery scenes, there's a simple way to do it within the game (no mods or console commands needed).

Simply start a new game, and enter the name you want when you're interacting with Steve. You don't even have to save the game. It takes about 10 seconds if you use Tab to skip dialogue. Whatever you enter will be used in the Gallery from that point on, until you start a new game and enter a different name.
I didn't even know that I had to fix this problem too! I meant only the "NAME: blablabla".
It would have been weird if I hadn't changed the name in the dialogue as well.
So, thank you very much!

Get rid of the space between u and the single quotation marks (i.e., u'xxx')
Thanks! It worked perfectly!

Thank you all! <3

Reactions: OFT

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If he doesn't drop it by the end of February, he's going to be in trouble. Not only this slowed down the game, but it also means that we possibly will get 1 update only this year and it will screw up his release schedule.

Unless he intends to do 2 smaller size updates this year. If he really intends to go along with making each episode bigger than the last, there's no way he can drop 2 updates this year.
for this year that train has already passed...

I hope it will remain an exception justified by breaking the game in two plus the double release on Steam and GOG, but we will only see this in 2023...

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Why do many people here seem to dislike Jill? Did I miss something in-game that she did that was shitty?
That's quite the loaded question.

However, despite being a Jill lover, allow me to give it a shot.

There are a number of reasons I've seen for folks not liking Jill.

From a physical standpoint, there are those that hate the "racoon eyes":

Racoon eyes.png

Others have a problem with her "goblin mouth" (shape, teeth, whatever):

Goblin mouth.png

Personality-wise, some are bothered that she sticks her nose in the MC's business:

Busybody.png

Or that she's just not developed well as a character:

Naive.png

Regarding the actual gameplay, it pisses some players off that a Jill path results in the following:

screenshot0017.png screenshot0022.png

But, to each his own. As Dawe says in his infinite wisdom:

1641839320467.png

For me, I find her model to be, while not completely perfect, absolutely beautiful. Her personality is very appealing to me. No, she does not have the depth of Quinn or Sage, but there's something underneath, and there's still plenty of story to tell.

And as far as her route blocking others, that's a non-issue in my opinion. I have 11 saved routes, and I miss no one. If you've locked yourself into gameplay that eliminates parts of the story and you don't create other saves to see them, you're robbing yourself of one of this game's greatest strengths - it's replayability.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
for this year that train has already passed...

I hope it will remain an exception justified by breaking the game in two plus the double release on Steam and GOG, but we will only see this in 2023...
He can drop 2 updates this year. I mean, if he releases at the beginning of February, he will have 10 months to drop the updates. They can be 2 smaller ones, like episode 3-4 were (I don't remember which ones took around 5 months to release), but knowing DPC he will try to be outrageous each time and make bigger and bigger updates. Besides he already rendered all the areas he had to render, so at least that will not take additional time.

But next episode is also supposed to be the Halloween party, so no way he will make it a small episode. But remember this - this mania with making a bigger episode than the last with each release is going to come back and bite him on the ass one day.

Reactions: sorco2003

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Why do many people here seem to dislike Jill? Did I miss something in-game that she did that was shitty?
My issue with Jill is that how she always gets involved in whatever MC does, no matter if you want it or not. Like I didn't want her to get involved in the Chad situation nor the Tybalt one, which led to the retarded blackmail storyline. And that one, really dropped her on my list - like she went from a strong, I don't take bullshit from anyone character to some pushover that believes the words of a shady guy who provided no proof by the way and was being played by the saddest clown on the campus.

Last episode was good though, it was nice to finally see her grow back that backbone.

Reactions: Sevilia and dalli_x

affque

Sep 4, 2020
hey guys ,who's got the sound track ( Chill Study - A Beautiful Syndrome ), every songs of Quinn is so good:devilish:
There is a channel on youtube called Tremolo, he posted almost all the musics used ingame, with a description of were it appeared

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
He can drop 2 updates this year. I mean, if he releases at the beginning of February, he will have 10 months to drop the updates. They can be 2 smaller ones, like episode 3-4 were (I don't remember which ones took around 5 months to release), but knowing DPC he will try to be outrageous each time and make bigger and bigger updates. Besides he already rendered all the areas he had to render, so at least that will not take additional time.

But next episode is also supposed to be the Halloween party, so no way he will make it a small episode. But remember this - this mania with making a bigger episode than the last with each release is going to come back and bite him on the ass one day.
it is not that it is a fixation of DPC to make bigger episodes

in the first chapters each player could experience practically all the content of it, now we get a fifth/fourth (and after the decision of the last chapter this one will be even more exasperated), the episode must necessarily be bigger, already so it happens that there are chapters quite "empty" in certain runs (Bella and Sage almost always)

add to this that DPC wants to raise the level by increasing the animations and "distractions" such as minigames

Last edited:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

in the first chapters each player could experience practically all the content of it, now we get a fifth/fourth, the episode must necessarily be bigger, already so it happens that there are chapters quite "empty" in certain runs (Bella and Sage almost always)

add to this that DPC wants to raise the level by increasing the animations and "distractions" such as minigames
To be honest, I'd rather have less minigames and free roams (which are really quite pointless and difficult to navigate in, the first DIK mansion one was ridiculous). But there's another thing, some routes might not run into the minigames in every episodes. For example let's say you're on Sage's route and there's a Bella breakfast minigame in the next episode, it wouldn't make sense if you get that minigame even if you are on Sage's route since we have already chosen our LI.

Smaller updates, but definitely more balanced would be better for the story progression as well. I mean, Bella and Jill are way behind on their storylines compared to Maya and Josy for example. Sage made good progress in the last episodes as well and if he concentrates on the story and not the bullshit, it will be so much better.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017

in the first chapters each player could experience practically all the content of it, now we get a fifth/fourth, the episode must necessarily be bigger, already so it happens that there are chapters quite "empty" in certain runs (Bella and Sage almost always)

Does anyone actually think the game needs the animations? I don’t think I really watch them to be honest.

I don’t mind them… they don’t detract from the game but I’d rather have that effort put into more varied static renders or more detailed ones.

Same for the mini games… maybe I’m just here for a story and the rest seems like window dressing.

Ive no idea how much of the animating takes up his actual time verses just running the software but id trade all the animations and mini games in for more rooster/text/swyper content. Those flesh out the characters and story. I’ve learned nothing about any of the girls from their animations.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
To be honest, I'd rather have less minigames and free roams (which are really quite pointless and difficult to navigate in, the first DIK mansion one was ridiculous). But there's another thing, some routes might not run into the minigames in every episodes. For example let's say you're on Sage's route and there's a Bella breakfast minigame in the next episode, it wouldn't make sense if you get that minigame even if you are on Sage's route since we have already chosen our LI.

Smaller updates, but definitely more balanced would be better for the story progression as well. I mean, Bella and Jill are way behind on their storylines compared to Maya and Josy for example. Sage made good progress in the last episodes as well and if he concentrates on the story and not the bullshit, it will be so much better.
I don't like minigames, but it is clear that DPC likes to add them and evidently considers them important.

It's not easy to find the balance between giving each player the content they want and simultaneously advancing the story.

that's why sometimes there are constraints, with Sage the problem is solved by the fact that she's the president of the HOTs, if there are HOTs there's Sage, for Bella it's much more complicated, so besides going once per episode to the library every now and then DPC has to invent something.

To me it made me laugh a lot that MC thinks it's a good idea to go and get a haircut by Bella, who we know lives not very close to the BR, a couple of days after being dumped in the car, without shame the guy

Does anyone actually think the game needs the animations? I don’t think I really watch them to be honest.

I don’t mind them… they don’t detract from the game but I’d rather have that effort put into more varied static renders or more detailed ones.

Same for the mini games… maybe I’m just here for a story and the rest seems like window dressing.

Ive no idea how much of the animating takes up his actual time verses just running the software but id trade all the animations and mini games in for more rooster/text/swyper content. Those flesh out the characters and story. I’ve learned nothing about any of the girls from their animations.
animations are not absolutely essential, but BADIK without animations would be another game, so I don't see them as superfluous.

a bit like music, which I mute 99% of the time, but when the game isn't playing it already makes a bad impression on me.

• Haha
Reactions: Lostanddamned

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
To me it made me laugh a lot that MC thinks it's a good idea to go and get a haircut by Bella, who we know lives not very close to the BR, a couple of days after being dumped in the car, without shame the guy
How many dudes on the B&R campus (other than Magnar obviously :sneaky:) can say that they got their hair cut by Bella though? I'd gladly put peanut butter and gum in my hair if it means that Bella would give me a haircut. :Kappa:

Reactions: ksuha and Zieniuuu

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
How many dudes on the B&R campus (other than Magnar obviously :sneaky:) can say that they got their hair cut by Bella though? I'd gladly put peanut butter and gum in my hair if it means that Bella would give me a haircut. :Kappa:
but it was a scene that DPC had done, to do another one would have been time consuming, so he used it for all of them.
it's an economic choice, not a narrative choice.

he could have had Jam Jam cut them too, he seems very sensitive...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Lostanddamned

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
but it was a scene that DPC had done, to do another one would have been time consuming, so he used it for all of them.
it's an economic choice, not a narrative choice.

he could have had Jam Jam cut them too, he seems very sensitive...
You know that Jam Jam would only give haircuts to his homie Leon. But still, I'd prefer Bella for the haircut. :Kappa:

• Haha
Reactions: felicemastronzo
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes