D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
Well, for both we also have the happier events including the MC, Chad found another partner and is not a likely factor of importance in Sage's next relation. Josy and Maya pretty much the same story, they are still together no matter if you're on their path or not. Now is it credible they are still together? Well, if they weren't together the whole free tuition storyline would crumble.... There's no reason for Maya to go after that tuition if she's not in a relation with Josy, that's the part that is troubling and why it comes back every few months, not so much the fact we only have a few Josy & Maya only scenes.
It's a story been told by the MC, it's his POV, so he will not see everything, that's just not possible but aslong we get the info that's vital for the story it works for me.
I'd agree with this "story from MC's pov" argument if it wasn't for one problem.

DPC doesnt hold true that rule himself. Story is full of instances of flashbacks, cut aways and secondary events in real time happening in which MC isn't present for, or has no knowledge of. In that sense, we're highly asymmetrical to the protagonist of the story in terms of knowledge we have as audience versus what knowledge he has as MC.

This disconnect, paired with lack of context on certain characters, are the root cause of complaints about certain characters lacking character or depth or being plain unlikeable.

If DPC had strictly done this story sans flashback, no cutaways, all from MC's PoV, maybe.

As it is right now, no, this is just uneven.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, for both we also have the happier events including the MC, Chad found another partner and is not a likely factor of importance in Sage's next relation. Josy and Maya pretty much the same story, they are still together no matter if you're on their path or not. Now is it credible they are still together? Well, if they weren't together the whole free tuition storyline would crumble.... There's no reason for Maya to go after that tuition if she's not in a relation with Josy, that's the part that is troubling and why it comes back every few months, not so much the fact we only have a few Josy & Maya only scenes.
It's a story been told by the MC, it's his POV, so he will not see everything, that's just not possible but aslong we get the info that's vital for the story it works for me.
i don't think so, is too superficial

Maya has the problem of free tuition as long as she likes women or rather as long as she doesn't want her father to decide what she should like
in fact she works for the free tuition even when she thinks that Josy won't come to the BR anymore, it is less urgent, but the problem was already present.

but I quite agree with the rest of your reasoning

Nov 18, 2019
Have a question here, I'm assuming that this story can affect any of the paths of the other girls, or it's just a standalone? I'm sorry for my dumbness but, i have my saves separated (one for each character) and i don't know if the Interlude can affect them. Thank you.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
i don't think so, is too superficial

Maya has the problem of free tuition as long as she likes women or rather as long as she doesn't want her father to decide what she should like
in fact she works for the free tuition even when she thinks that Josy won't come to the BR anymore, it is less urgent, but the problem was already present.

but I quite agree with the rest of your reasoning
Well, technically MC involved in a Maya path not including Josy would mean her father is happy and no reason for the tuition.
But more importantly and that's why Maya and Josy will always be a given couple, is the fact Burke's tuition requires Maya to deliver sex, there has to be a credible reason for her to even consider it, there's no threat at all coming from the Burke scheme if Maya has no reason at all to be even thinking about accepting that deal, same way Patrick needs to remain the blackmailing and unreasonable used carsales man he is now. We can argue about each of these factors if they are valid or not, but they as total are the crux of that story.... They don't work without the other....

Reactions: Walter Victor

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Well, technically MC involved in a Maya path not including Josy would mean her father is happy and no reason for the tuition.
But more importantly and that's why Maya and Josy will always be a given couple, is the fact Burke's tuition requires Maya to deliver sex, there has to be a credible reason for her to even consider it, there's no threat at all coming from the Burke scheme if Maya has no reason at all to be even thinking about accepting that deal, same way Patrick needs to remain the blackmailing and unreasonable used carsales man he is now. We can argue about each of these factors if they are valid or not, but they as total are the crux of that story.... They don't work without the other....
MC decides to help Maya with the scavenger hunt when Maya is convinced she will never see Josy again, it's a fact, it's in the story.

that Burke would try to involve Maya in the restaurant, besides being extremely unlikely (Burke would involve a girl that his stepdaughter asked to help out?, if it had been Quinn it would have made some sense, in another game, but at this point it seems really unlikely), it remains to be seen. and even the presence of Josy would not be enough to convince Maya...
In my opinion, even the fact that Burke was proposing something to her goes beyond the self-imposed NO-NTR limits.

if we reduce everything to Josy: in this precise moment of the story, what threat does Patrick represent? very, very marginal, he forces the girls to live their story in the shadows, which they would have basically done anyway (several times they show themselves afraid of people's judgment on their relationship)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Have a question here, I'm assuming that this story can affect any of the paths of the other girls, or it's just a standalone? I'm sorry for my dumbness but, i have my saves separated (one for each character) and i don't know if the Interlude can affect them. Thank you.
If you are talking about the Interlude release, it is a prelude to Season 3 of the story. But none of it affects any of the characters in any of the previous 2 Seasons... yet. It remains to be seen how much (if any) effect it will have on future releases. Variables are saved, however, which should have some effect.

A new character is introduced who (it is assumed) will impact the life of the MC and those around him. How that impact plays out will depend on us in future choices, as DrPinkCake allows us to make them.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
DPC does very well to avoid looking for trouble, since even with all precautions some hysteria has triggered the same

but it is undeniable that this caution narratively creates problems: when you are forced to be so platonic even in handling a flashback of a married woman and that becomes so unnatural that people are convinced that rather than sexually active, it is better that Bella is half crazy and talk to dead people

and that's just one example
I think that whoever leaked the Cathy photo and the Jade video leaker are the same person. I don't think it's Vinny, that would be too obvious and it isn't in DPC's style to do it.

I also don't think it's Nick or Leon, as both IMO are red herrings.

Weirdly though, there is someone sneaking past outside when MC is first sleeping in his room. The lights flash and you can barely tell the crouched figure.

Jamie losing his phone is weird. So another possibility is whoever took Jamie's phone probably still has access to the folders, so that might be it.
It could very well be Tommy. Judging by the results of episode 8, he turns into a complete asshole and the fact that he leaked Cathy's photos only adds nuances to his image, concretizes him as a complete ass.

1) He is constantly in search of weed and when he is deprived of it, he looks for any opportunity to find it
2)We know that Vinnie sells weed for more than Quinn. Where did Tommy get the money for weed anyway?
3)When Cathy's photos were leaked, Tommy was not there in the dance hall.
4) Tommy was talking to Quinn on the second floor. He could have been in cahoots.
5)It feels like Tommy is working for Quinn. He served as a distributor of weed.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
MC decides to help Maya with the scavenger hunt when Maya is convinced she will never see Josy again, it's a fact, it's in the story.
Well, at that point you can say Maya is just trying to break away from her father for her own freedom.
But Josy getting back in the picture just is another motivation to continue on that path, while chosing a solo path with MC would remove her motivation or atleast greatly diminish the need to break free.

Burke would never involve anybody in the restaurant, that's Quinn's, he only does the tuition scheme.
Camilla does the restaurant but has nothing to do with Burke except being staff of B&R.
So Burke gonna tell he will look into it but he will say it's unlikely but he will do the utmost.... And he will not deliver because it will get tricky with the HOT's in his little scheme (drama!) or Quinn will suggest Maya to have sex with Burke to get it (drama!).

As for no NTR... since when is that a reason to refrain from implying things? It's not like you will see a npc saying "you can't rape me, since no NTR!" makes alot sense storywise...

The whole thing however is the moment Maya will be put at the choice to fuck Burke for that tuition, we as players must be convinced she just might do it.... Else there's absolutely no threat coming from that scenario.... pff. Burke. Okay. what next?

Reactions: dav3knight

ecko999

Apr 7, 2019
Here you go guys. Every save, for every route, for Seasons 1, 2, and the start of 3. NO mods. Mini games turned ON. All scenes unlocked. All special renders found. All 2D Art purchased/unlocked. All upgrades such as Brawler Skills/Derek Cheats/Magnar Bonuses/Picture Frames and Wallet Quantity unlocked for all routes, with the exception of all Dik routes (Magnar Bonuses still remaining). Mansion Repair Completed for all routes. I used "Stevan" as MC's name and "SexyMexican98" for my Swyper/Rooster tag. You can change those with the phone in game as well as Music Favorites/PetNames/Ringtones/Wallpapers. Each folder contains saves for the start of each episode so don't get confused with the "Episode 9 start" saves, there is no Episode 9 yet, just "End of Interlude" saves. All save files contain the following routes.

- Dik Sage Hots and Sides: In this route I pursue Permanent Dik Affinity and Status. I pursue Sage as my Love Interest as well as every Side Girl Possible. I chose to commit to Sage at the end of Crossroads, but if I can pursue others, then I will, until it is no longer viable. Total Man-Whore route.

- Dik Hots and Sides: In this route I pursue Permanent Dik Affinity and Status. I used to pursue Sage as my Love Interest but chose not to commit at the end of Episode 8 in order to keep pursuing every side chick possible. Total Man-Whore.

- Dik Sage Path : In this route I pursue Permanent Dik Affinity and Status. I pursue Sage as my Love Interest. I DO NOT pursue side girls in this route.

- Neutral Maya and Josy: In this route I pursue Neutral Affinity and Status. I also embrace the current throuple relationship with the 2 Lesbian Love Interests, Maya and Josy. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route

- Neutral Maya Path: In this route I pursue Neutral Affinity and Status. Even though I'm forced to be in a throuple (for now) I don't engage sexually with Josy in any way if I can help it. Only Maya. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route. As of now there is no way to pursue a Solo Route with Maya (I see this route being scrapped in the long run)

- Neutral Josy Path: In this route I pursue Neutral Affinity and Status. Even though I'm forced to be in a throuple (for now) I don't engage sexually with Maya in any way if I can help it. Only Josy. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route. As of now there is no way to pursue a Solo Route with Josy (I see this route being scrapped in the long run)

- Chik Jill and Bella: In this route I pursue Permanent Chik Affinity and Status. I pursue the 2 Best-Friend Love Interests, Jill and Bella. . I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route. I choose to pursue Bella by the end of Episode 8 in hopes of bringing Jill back around (Not likely, I see this route being scrapped in the long run)

- Chik Jill Path: In this route I pursue Permanent Chik Affinity and Status. I pursue only Jill as my Love Interest. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route.

- Chik Bella Path: In this route I pursue Permanent Chik Affinity and Status. I pursue only Bella as my Love Interest. I DO NOT pursue any side girls in this route.

Side Note for "Dik Sage Hots and Sides": This routes is mainly preserved to see the drama unfold between Sage and Jade in Episode 9 when it drops. As well as to have your cake and to eat it too with Sage and all the Side Girls (If possible, if not then this route will be scrapped in the long run). If you aren't interested then you can pretty much just ignore this save all together.

Side Note for "Dik Sage Path": If it turns out that getting a hand-job from Jade in Episode 3 and Punching Tybalt in Episode 5 has negative effects on your future relationship with Sage, then I will go back and change my choices (Mind you theses choices were made in the pursuit of Permanent DIK affinity) . I hope you guys won't mind the missing bars at the end of DIK scale but this route is for Sage only. Hopefully nothing will come of these choices since I did not pursue Jade any further after the classroom hand-job. And since you fuck Sage on Tybalt's bed, I'm hoping she won't mind that you pop him in the mouth.

Side Note for Maya/Josy Solo Routes: If it turns out that it's best to "Remain Friends" in Episode 4 and then "Have Feelings For Maya/Josy" in Episode 5 in order to get a proper solo route for Maya/Josy, in the long run, then I will go back and change my choices. But for now, I'll stay in the throuple in order to obtain sex scenes with each girl in their respective route. At this point in the story, it's highly unlikely that we'll be getting our solo routes. I will hold on to these saves in case they're needed for girl specific sex scenes (much like their first threesome) But for everyone that uses my saves, it's probably safe to delete both of them.

Side Note for "Chik Jill and Bella": All context included, this route is likely dead in the water. I will keep it up so everyone has a save they could use to see how the drama unfolds. But other than that, it's probably safe to delete as well. I don't see Jill coming back around, nor do I see Bella letting Jill into their relationship.

Side Note for all Saves: Episodes 1-8 Saves and Season 1&2 Persistent will be stored in separate folder labeled "BeingaDIK-1535311494" whereas the Interlude Start Saves, Episode 9 Start Saves as well as Season 3 Persistent will be stored in a folder named "BeingaDIKSeason3-Patreon-1535311494". The numbers at the end may be different for you. Your Renpy saves can be found here . DO NOT attempt to put Season 1&2 files into the new Interlude. It will cause errors.

Side Note for Transfer Data: This file is the binary data for the saves stated above that will be stored for import in Season 3. This file is stored in a folder labeled "persistent" in your Renpy Saves folder. Your Renpy saves can be found here . If you are unable to figure out where to find/store this file, despite the link, then to avoid confusion, it's best to load the "Episode 8 End Saves" in Season 1-2 of Being a DIK, then save the binaries in game when prompted. Your computer will take care of the rest for you. You just have to click "Import" in the Main Menu of Season 3 (Interlude)
I downloaded episode 9 saves and used the new persistent file you provided. In scenes it shows epi 8 are all locked???

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I downloaded episode 9 saves and used the new persistent file you provided. In scenes it shows epi 8 are all locked???
They probably just can't be viewed from the interlude.... That's alot scenes to be packed into the start of season 3 when the whole reason you made a standalone is the fact the size of the game was getting too big.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Burke would never involve anybody in the restaurant, that's Quinn's, he only does the tuition scheme.
Camilla does the restaurant but has nothing to do with Burke except being staff of B&R.
So Burke gonna tell he will look into it but he will say it's unlikely but he will do the utmost.... And he will not deliver because it will get tricky with the HOT's in his little scheme (drama!) or Quinn will suggest Maya to have sex with Burke to get it (drama!).
it's really too late for Quinn to propose anything to Maya, that ship passed some time ago. Quinn has too many problems and she also has Sage's eye on her especially with Maya. and Maya by now wouldn't believe Quinn even on the direction to find the bathroom....
As for no NTR... since when is that a reason to refrain from implying things? It's not like you will see a npc saying "you can't rape me, since no NTR!" makes alot sense storywise...
Maya considering the idea is enough to set off the sirens. highly unlikely

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
it's really too late for Quinn to propose anything to Maya, that ship passed some time ago. Quinn has too many problems and she also has Sage's eye on her especially with Maya. and Maya by now wouldn't believe Quinn even on the direction to find the bathroom....
Burke is not a villain. He's too pathetic and cowardly for this role. The most he can do is cancel free tuition to the girl who rejected him. I see him only as an ordinary customer of Quinn's restaurant with the only difference that he uses the services for free. Pink needs to try to present him correctly so that we can be afraid of him. But so far the only thing we know about him is that he is cheating on his wife and possibly taking bribes. Pink is definitely planning to ruin Maya and Josie's sweet couple. But we can only guess.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
I think that whoever leaked the Cathy photo and the Jade video leaker are the same person. I don't think it's Vinny, that would be too obvious and it isn't in DPC's style to do it.

I also don't think it's Nick or Leon, as both IMO are red herrings.

Weirdly though, there is someone sneaking past outside when MC is first sleeping in his room. The lights flash and you can barely tell the crouched figure.

Jamie losing his phone is weird. So another possibility is whoever took Jamie's phone probably still has access to the folders, so that might be it.
Well, everything below is just my vision of BaDIK so far but I think Cathy's photo was posted by Riona while Quinn and Camila was distracting Tommy and Rusty. They did it cuz Dawe hired Quinn to post a cluck from DIKs laptop so he would have an excuse to walk around with those posters. He took the photo and "DIKs cluck" was perfect excuse if someone asked where he got it from.
Dawe has the perfect motive to hit two birds with one rock - he hates Cathy cuz she made fun of him (inadvertently I guess but still she did) and he hates DIKs for almost all of them fucked Arieth.

Jade's video leak, just like Dawe "blackmail", was possible because Riona stole the phone from Jamie (possible right after the cum-petition). Jamie hooked up with Riona several times and can be seen with her so for her stealing his phone wasn't that hard, just need the good timing and some booze. Who she bring the phone to? To Stephen Burke.

Both Riona and Quinn got that infamous "free tuition" from him and I think those 3 students he fucked is them and Camila (if I remember correctly she got that "free tuition" too). I think he used them several times to run errands for him, including the Jamie's phone and bringing the Dawe and Chad envelopes to alphas.

Till the ep8 I was thinking about who else might know about Chad being gay but Sage cleared that up.
If player chose to tell Sage about Chad being gay she'll say this line
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which means Jade was suspecting Chad being gay long ago and there is no way Stephen never heard about it from her. So he could pry about it with his squad's help and discover the truth (probably with the same hidden camera Quinn got the pictures of Arieth being fucked in janitor closet in DIKs mansion).

He used Jamie's phone to get access to DIKs shared folder (he knew about it from Quinn and she knew it cuz of Tommy or Vinny) an got photos of Arieth. Later he can get the Jade's video before Rusty changed permissions on laptop and Jamie's phone become useless.

Why he decided incite alphas to attack DIKs isn't fully clear for me yet but some ridiculous thought appeared - he could be a loving father. He's trying to destroy both fraternities so they don't bother his sissy son and to make Chad drop from B&R because of fight (so he stop using Sage). He expected much larger escalate cause of that photos in envelopes but everything flared up not so brightly.

As I said it's just my thoughts. Cathy's cluck is screaming Dawe involved but he is too dumb to make everything by himself so I am sure it's Team Free Tuition job.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Things change, we know we will get that talk with Burke, we know she is not getting a free tuition really for free...
So unless there's another option for her there needs to be an end to her free tuition story, so either Patrick will need to accept, Josy needs to go or she needs to get that tuition, but something needs to be done to reach an end to it all.
Whatever happens we just can't tell yet, maybe Patrick makes another surprise visit being confronted with Josy and Maya.
Maybe Quinn is forced to accept a deal from Burke to bring in Maya because her drugs imperium is starting to fall down.
Fact is we are being led to Burke for that free tuition from the moment we met Maya.... Just expect the story will keep evolving.
Do not expect Burke to be a nice guy.... just be prepared! ;)

Reactions: felicemastronzo

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Why he decided incite alphas to attack DIKs isn't fully clear for me yet but some ridiculous thought appeared - he could be a loving father. He's trying to destroy both fraternities so they don't bother his sissy son and to make Chad drop from B&R because of fight (so he stop using Sage). He expected much larger escalate cause of that photos in envelopes but everything flared up not so brightly.
The problem is that Burke has never behaved like a caring father and loving husband. He even used the prep party to get to know the right people. He could really hate Diks, but only because of Rusty. Tybalt has much more reasons for destroying Diks and Jocks.

Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes