Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I can't see him just prematurely ending the game. He's never shown signs of slowing down, he only generates more and more content each release.

And while some people aren't loving the logistics behind some of the plot points (can't please everyone), I think his characters and pacing have been pretty consistent, and nothing feels rushed or significantly out of place.

He's stated more than once that he's already planned out his overall story, and I think we've all worked out he puts some plot points in motion well before they become fully apparent. So he must have a decent method of tracking his characters and story; he's not just winging off the top of his head.

He's said from the beginning that he has a very specific plan for the game, and while he often gets carried away and adds more detail than he initially intended, I don't see why you would get the impression that he can't keep this up (the fact that he gets carried away and produces more than he intended only shows his enthusiasm is genuine, if he starts half-assing it, then I'd accept we were nearing the end).

I wouldn't hold him to the standards of a typical developer, he's very unique in that his drive hasn't wavered one bit. The guy even got COVID and hardly skipped a beat.

After episode 8 was released (late last year), he explicitly stated, "Right now, we have reached an approximate midpoint of the main story." I can't see why he'd just outright lie about that; patron's are gonna keep paying right up until the end.

And only a few months ago, when questioned about "burn out", he answered it pretty definitively: He still loves making this game.

To Quote him (from the last Q&A - Feb this year):

"The motivation is always there since I love creating the game. I was prepared beforehand that the development would be this long, which also helps. Also, looking forward to episodes that I know are coming soon keeps me going. There are many scenes I can't wait to write, and when the time comes to write them, it's like a big payout."
He has consistently had this attitude towards his work, so I'm really quite convinced he will follow through with his plan, and all evidence so far points to the game being longer, not shorter, than originally intended.
That is what I love about DPC. He doesn't give a f about most of the whinners who talk about his writing or decisions towards his game. He will do what he wants to because it is his story after all it's no one elses.

What I'd see as a reason for a developer change the course they have planned for the game is the feed back of his customers. But he seems to be a very mature person to handle that and not let some criticism about the decisions he takes, stuff he adds or writes, influence the ideas of his writting.
That is what makes me love him as a developer since AL.

He is unique as you said and there is no one else delivering so many quality content around. I can play this game for the next 5 years to come. And whoever wants to cry about his updates just cry away, because for me they are all on time and they are all relevant.

Casiope

Nov 30, 2017
That is what I love about DPC. He doesn't give a f about most of the whinners who talk about his writing or decisions towards his game. He will do what he wants to because it is his story after all it's no one elses.

What I'd see as a reason for a developer change the course they have planned for the game is the feed back of his customers. But he seems to be a very mature person to handle that and not let some criticism about the decisions he takes, stuff he adds or writes, influence the ideas of his writting.

He is unique as you said and there is no one else delivering so many quality content around. I can play this game for the next 5 years to come. And whoever wants to cry about his updates just cry away, because for me they are all on time and they are all relevant.
Yet the first rule of business management is to listen to those who are not customers – because they are potential customers. Any criticism is acceptable as long as it is constructive.

When to say that the creator of the game ignores this forum, I doubt it. This site has an audience, Dr. PinkCake himself opened this thread and one of the team members is the moderator.

Personally I have not seen anyone "crying", the conversations are conducted with respect for others and for the game. That there may be concerns is the best proof of the fans' loyalty to Dr PinkCake's work.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Do you think it's possible that the 'vixens' will have any role in plot development, other than more females to fuck during the Halloween party? I don't see it myself, but otherwise why focus so much on them? I mean isn't that the title of the next release? What other relevance could they possibly have?

I don't expect you or anyone else to know, but since the possibility just occurred to me, I am now anxious to see if there is anything there.
It seems likely the vixens will represent some sort of temptation for the MC, though what form that will take or how far it will go are anyone's guess.

Beyond that, my personal theory is that they'll wind up being responsible for the Cathy cluck and Chad's not-blackmail, but that's mostly because I'm sick of speculating over the complete lack of evidence pointing in any clear direction on those particular plot points. If the perpetrators were people we hadn't met yet it would explain why they weren't suspects, right? :WeSmart:

To be honest, Madame looks more like Lynette's other friend (the one with the black hair), but even that one is a stretch because the facial structure doesn't really fit.

Other option is that Zoey's mom is Madame. :Kappa:
Or perhaps Madame is just as pointless and irrelevant as she first appears. Honestly, I'm not sure which outcome would be worse at this point. :cry:

You mean this?
View attachment 1822862

You mean Quinn's route.
It's also fascinating that you can't see both of this in one playthrough. You get one or the other. Probably means something, IDK.

---

I just want to talk of this for a minute.

I've seen the Sushi dinner scene a million times and there are no solid proof that either of them are a couple.
Yes, Olivia might've said "I love you" to Andy, but it was a friendly one because they were teasing him for being quiet when they first met him.
Matthew and Bianca also has no suggestive dialogue to each other that they were in a relationship. Don't know why people think they are. I'm not saying they aren't, I'm just saying you can't definitively say that they are.

Matthew and Olivia kissing outside near B&R the university where Jill is studying is kind of unintuitive because Jill might find out, don't you think? It's risky.

But, maybe DPC is just reusing assets and these are just two random people who happened to have same assets as Olivia and Matthew.
I think it's unlikely DPC would unintentionally reuse those particular assets in this way. He could still be doing it to mess with us and they won't turn out to be Olivia and Matthew, but I think it's more likely they are and DPC is just giving sharp-eyed players a hint of a future plot point (in a way that won't actually spoil the eventual reveal).

As far as Matthew and Bianca being a couple, while the game never makes this explicit it certainly implies it very strongly. First, Jill says the other guests will be her friends and "their partners." Unless we think this is a very unusual business meeting, that suggests the others are couples (especially given how they react to the news Jill is bringing a date).
Matthew_&_Bianca_c.jpg

Second, we're explicitly told Matthew and Bianca made the sushi together. That would be very odd if they were just friends (unless everyone brought a dish, but that was clearly not the case). The obvious implication is that they live together. I suppose they could be brother and sister, but that goes against Jill's "partner" comment.
Matthew_&_Bianca_a.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_b.jpg

Third, I think the "I love you too" line goes further than you suggest. We're explicitly told that Andy was once a newcomer to the group the way the MC now is, so he must have been introduced via someone else. Olivia chiding him about never shutting up once you get to know him certainly suggests she's more familiar with him and thus is the one who first met him. In that context, it stands to reason the two were dating one point. Could they have been strictly platonic friends? Yes, but again, that goes against Jill's "partner" comment.
Matthew_&_Bianca_d.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_e.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_f.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_g.jpg

Finally, the seating arrangement has Matthew next to Bianca and Andy next to Olivia, just as the MC is next to Jill. Combine all that and I think it's clear why people treat the four as two couples. Is it possible DPC was trying to mislead us? I suppose, but I don't believe it. I think it's much more likely that the situation is exactly what it appears.

Which doesn't necessarily mean Matthew and Oliva are cheating, it's always possible they're in open relationships or some such thing. But I'm going to take it as read that Matthew/Bianca and Andy/Olivia are couples without some clear indication to the contrary.

Interesting, but it would be disappointing if DPC limits our options just because it is not a particular girl's time in the alternating game of whose turn is it. Halloween is going to be one of the biggest parties yet and I expect most if not all of the girls we diddled to make an appearance. What a drag if they are present but not available. But again, DPC has to throttle back somehow and your scenario is as plausible as any. It should be a fun party no matter what.
Perhaps the opportunities at the party will vary depending on the MC's branch? Sage path might get to fool around with some of the other HOTs similar to the Quinn threesome. Maya and Josy would have with the MC fun together. Jill's path would be just Jill (but maybe with some discussion of wilder things for the future). Others would get the Pink Rose girls. Everyone would be tempted by the vixens. Admittedly, I have no idea what would happen on the Bella path.

Just food for thought while we're stuck waiting.

That is unfair. He genuinely doesn’t know, and so he does not try to create false expectations.
Well, yes and no. DPC genuinely doesn't know when the episode will be finished, but he definitely goes out of his way to withhold information that might cause people like myself to guess at when the episode will be ready. Perhaps he's justified in doing so, but I certainly find it frustrating. :cautious:

Last edited:

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017

i personally believe he showed more "maturity" and principles when making AL than when compared to BaDIK. He had a story he wanted to tell (insanely ridiculous nut punch ending and all) and nobody was gonna sway him otherwise. with this game, as its been pointed out repeatedly for a while, DPC does in fact seem to be shying away from anything that could even slightly resemble NTR often at the expense of the characters/story to quite clearly not threaten his legion of patrons. when he was a small unknown dev he took more risks and didnt care if he upset people or if they liked his work or not; he genuinely seemed like a dev who was making their game for themselves first and foremost (its probably why AL was such a big thing since it was completely different than nearly every other game on the market at that time).

i definitely think that failing to flesh out the main cast of BaDIK so that only the MC is the one getting any sex shows a lack of maturity in regards to his narrative. and if its not that than its the sign that he "sold out" his principles to keep that fat patreon check from slimming down. those are the only two realistic options i could come up with for such a noticeable shift in behavior, and both are sad if true. even if he does in fact have a very general idea of the overall narrative, i dont think its able to be argued in good faith that this game is made "for himself" in the way AL was. this game is made with his target audience in mind and while its still good that mindset comes with inherent weaknesses that shouldnt be hidden under the rug.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Or perhaps Madame is just as pointless and irrelevant as she first appears. Honestly, I'm not sure which outcome would be worse at this point. :cry:
Well the worst option of them all is if Madame actually turns out to be Lynette, but that's pretty much impossible due to Patreon reasons. But honestly Madame's identity is pretty much irrelevant to the plot. Even if she turns out to be Josy's mom or Monica or someone else's mother wouldn't be a plot shaking reveal. :Kappa:

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Well the worst option of them all is if Madame actually turns out to be Lynette, but that's pretty much impossible due to Patreon reasons. But honestly Madame's identity is pretty much irrelevant to the plot. Even if she turns out to be Josy's mom or Monica or someone else's mother wouldn't be a plot shaking reveal. :Kappa:
Madame will be Jill's older sister with amnesia :KEK:

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
Burnout, creative slump, interest in other things. Just to mention a few potential dangers. DPC is doing everything himself and is only human after all :KEK:

This is essentially every fan's problem of enjoying the work of a author so much. The thought will always lurk at the back of my mind that shit will go wrong even though its looking like all/most things are doing great. Things are at the top and churning out great content but it can shift in an instant. Shit like that happens quickly and its not always evident its about to happen.

This is akin to people worried about their new favorite tv series getting canceled. Or an author never finishing the book series or even writing a sequel at all. This is why I love Sandersson, the mans an actual machine and the consistency is unprecedented imo. A god damned anomaly.

DPC is still an unknown and I think its fair to be cautious however the data points toward optimistic cautiousness imo. The positives are obvious, the popularity of the game and the dev progress updates and game releases speaks for themselves.

Since we have seen almost only good things and the potential negatives are few. Mainly some aspect of "writing quality" of S2/Interlude compared to S1 are talked about here in the forum. Secondly DPC's workload, as in the continually growing scale of the game, is my (and some others) single mild concern and sometimes its easy to see it as more significant that it is since we care so much about the final product and that it will happen.

Fan jitters or actual looming problems? We will know in a few years.
Cautious optimism fellow perverts :WeSmart:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
About the "juggling" of the 70 characters argument, if you just look at the bios (app in the phone) you could see half of them are like background characters. Literally.
I'm not even talking about a character like Riona or even Elena, because they are important and are side-characters. I'm talking about characters who have 0-2 lines in a span of 8 episodes. If you remember the nerd that Thiccsabella shouts to in the library before the MC comes to talk to her, that guy counts. Dude has like 1 line in the game. He is in the bios and is counted and included in the 70 characters.
DPC wouldn't worry about creating a character arc about the cafeteria girl, 'cause she's just a background character.
So please, he only has like at max 40 characters to juggle and only some of 'em would need character arcs and development if need be or if he chooses to do so.
Yes, but just because a character doesn't have a lot of spoken lines doesn't mean that it isn't a lot of work to create and maintain them..along with the other 100 characters. You have to design the look of the character, give them at least brief backstory, give them unique attire and just those few things can be a nightmare. That is before they are even inserted into the game. Anyone who has tried to create their own game knows how difficult this can be. I've got a project with only two main characters and a dozen side characters and it is driving me mad.

DPC has to remember (or have a method for remembering) each interaction with each character (main/side/background) so as not to mess up continuity. That alone deserves some kind of AVN award, if they gave those out. I'm quite certain DPC was a math/computer whiz in his school days. He needs that kind of brain to keep all these things in order.

Master5043

Jul 30, 2020
Damn right. The scariest character ever. Her scenes are a waste of rendering time, I can't imagine who would like a 50 year old granny. At the same time, pay $3-4 for a short scene with a pensioner. Although... Derek would have liked it.
maxresdefault.jpg

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It will turn out the Madame is Bella Sister who she hates with the burning passion of thousand suns which is why she never talks about her not even to Jill. It will turn out Madame real name Maddy will be the hero of the game and saves everyone and has kept MC mom hidden for years because her father is really into weapons development for the gov.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Yet the first rule of business management is to listen to those who are not customers – because they are potential customers. Any criticism is acceptable as long as it is constructive.
But that's a bit more wide concept.You need to learn what you can consider as constructive criticism, without letting it deviate you from your own ideas.

He could be spent days here, or on discord, and having conversation with people about why he did something like he did the way he did, while the folk who did not like that direction arguring with him on how He should have done it insted, becasue they would like that outcome better.

This is not constructive, this is youtube comment section or reddit , nothing more.This is more like people arguing that why the mcdonald's have this or that menu. :LOL:. you opening a bar, and someone came in and say why this is it's not a Restaurant instead? Is that constructive? :LOL:

Jill is the most popular character in the game , fact. If DPC listen to the customers, we would only get just Jill renders all the time. :LOL:.

Every individual person think that His take is the absolute. so You can't get constructive criticism, is a myth just like egality.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Or an author never finishing the book series
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Uh, what is going on with Sandy's teeth/mouth in this render? She is looking like Bucky the woodchuck over here.
Is she trying to one up Jill? Sandy is like, your goblin smile is impressive, but check out these marmot incisors.
I wonder if she and Nicole are going to feud over MC or if they will both be content to continue to share him.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fasdfaq123

Sep 6, 2020
It will turn out the Madame is Bella Sister who she hates with the burning passion of thousand suns which is why she never talks about her not even to Jill. It will turn out Madame real name Maddy will be the hero of the game and saves everyone and has kept MC mom hidden for years because her father is really into weapons development for the gov.
Actually Madame is like the spider from Love, Death & Robots who came to hunt humans in a strip club:eek:. Unless Madame in is Bella's long lost sister. The hidden room is Madame's room and her husband cheated on her with her, that's why she has repulsion for what they cheat on and for that room.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
i personally believe he showed more "maturity" and principles when making AL than when compared to BaDIK. He had a story he wanted to tell (insanely ridiculous nut punch ending and all) and nobody was gonna sway him otherwise. with this game, as its been pointed out repeatedly for a while, DPC does in fact seem to be shying away from anything that could even slightly resemble NTR often at the expense of the characters/story to quite clearly not threaten his legion of patrons. when he was a small unknown dev he took more risks and didnt care if he upset people or if they liked his work or not; he genuinely seemed like a dev who was making their game for themselves first and foremost (its probably why AL was such a big thing since it was completely different than nearly every other game on the market at that time).

i definitely think that failing to flesh out the main cast of BaDIK so that only the MC is the one getting any sex shows a lack of maturity in regards to his narrative. and if its not that than its the sign that he "sold out" his principles to keep that fat patreon check from slimming down. those are the only two realistic options i could come up with for such a noticeable shift in behavior, and both are sad if true. even if he does in fact have a very general idea of the overall narrative, i dont think its able to be argued in good faith that this game is made "for himself" in the way AL was. this game is made with his target audience in mind and while its still good that mindset comes with inherent weaknesses that shouldnt be hidden under the rug.
78ed12d2c07151695f66d83c68ffa085704d66963407cc2be955c1fd8f526a12.png
:cool:

Hitmen19

Apr 20, 2020
Ok. So I just got around to playing Interlude. So I got to the end and then the knock on the door. God she sounds pissed. First thought is Oh wtf. So what's up with that ? Jada ? Pregnant ? Not good lol. Any thoughts ?

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Ok. So I just got around to playing Interlude. So I got to the end and then the knock on the door. God she sounds pissed. First thought is Oh wtf. So what's up with that ? Jada ? Pregnant ? Not good lol. Any thoughts ?
ultimately it doesnt really matter why Sage is yelling. she does the same thing no matter what choices you have made thus far. she is yelling like that because she has to for the sake of a cliffhanger ending

Mr. Darke

Jan 17, 2020
Okay, I have to ask... can someone explain to me who Madame is and what route makes it to where you encounter her and in what chapter? I have played a number of times (though to be fair, I do a lot of skipping), and have never even heard this name until lurking on the forums.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes