Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
I might be in minority, but I think it might do some good if more people moved from low tier Patreon support, to buying a complete season via Steam. It's probably a healthier business model in the long run and focuses more on delivering complete game rather than pleasing the supporters here and now.

Topper69

May 16, 2020
Okay, I have to ask... can someone explain to me who Madame is and what route makes it to where you encounter her and in what chapter? I have played a number of times (though to be fair, I do a lot of skipping), and have never even heard this name until lurking on the forums.
You have to win hell week and accept/use the Pink Rose VIP pass (not use the pass on Mansion repair), later than go to the Pinks when it's possible and you will finally meet her ... love her ... or hate her or something inbetween.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
Yet the first rule of business management is to listen to those who are not customers – because they are potential customers. Any criticism is acceptable as long as it is constructive.

When to say that the creator of the game ignores this forum, I doubt it. This site has an audience, Dr. PinkCake himself opened this thread and one of the team members is the moderator.

Personally I have not seen anyone "crying", the conversations are conducted with respect for others and for the game. That there may be concerns is the best proof of the fans' loyalty to Dr PinkCake's work.
He can "listen" he just shouldn't let his story be influenced by the criticism. He can use whatever to improve his content, but not change what he has planned in order to pleasure a few. Specially because he can't please everyone.
Also I consider this art, not business.
You can even say "game is business". A VN where the main content is the written story, it is art.

I've never seen anyone take "customers" consideration when they are writing a book as an example. Anyway I keep my opinion and I will still support "his business" the way he is creating and visualising it. I want to see stories through other people's eyes not through mine. If I wanted to see through mine, I'd write my own story.

Also if you only see conversations condutcted with respect, you are not reading it right then. I've recently seen someone saying his first VN was an "excrement". I don't think that is being respectful. It is his opinon though, but not being respectful. I personally loved AL, that was what made me get into VNs and the reason why I started to invest on VNs on steam. After all, that was the first VN I've ever bought.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
i personally believe he showed more "maturity" and principles when making AL than when compared to BaDIK. He had a story he wanted to tell (insanely ridiculous nut punch ending and all) and nobody was gonna sway him otherwise. with this game, as its been pointed out repeatedly for a while, DPC does in fact seem to be shying away from anything that could even slightly resemble NTR often at the expense of the characters/story to quite clearly not threaten his legion of patrons. when he was a small unknown dev he took more risks and didnt care if he upset people or if they liked his work or not; he genuinely seemed like a dev who was making their game for themselves first and foremost (its probably why AL was such a big thing since it was completely different than nearly every other game on the market at that time).

i definitely think that failing to flesh out the main cast of BaDIK so that only the MC is the one getting any sex shows a lack of maturity in regards to his narrative. and if its not that than its the sign that he "sold out" his principles to keep that fat patreon check from slimming down. those are the only two realistic options i could come up with for such a noticeable shift in behavior, and both are sad if true. even if he does in fact have a very general idea of the overall narrative, i dont think its able to be argued in good faith that this game is made "for himself" in the way AL was. this game is made with his target audience in mind and while its still good that mindset comes with inherent weaknesses that shouldnt be hidden under the rug.
I kind of agree with you, but I also have a different view on this matter. What if when he started being a dik he had already the intention of taking in consideration some of his patrons previous complaints or liking, disliking? Then he planned to make being a dik without certain content and he is going to follow through it untill the end?

I personally don't care about NTR as long as it makes sense in the story and I am pretty sure he is the kind of guy who'd make it right. But even though many people "complain" about not having ntr in the game, what in my opinon, would make the story of the game seem more realistic, I am ok with it as long as he does it the way he idealized it in the first place.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Cant play interlude because people told me its short so...can someone tell me who is that blue haired chick?
The girl we talked about with Bella when mc tells her about a girl?
Exactly. But even though the Interlude is short, you may be forced to play it if you want to play Episode 9.

If you played through Episode 8, you should have made a special save when offered at the end, for each route you played. Those saves are imported into the Interlude. Saves at the end of the Interlude will be used for Episode 9 like you have done for previous releases. But I don't think you will be able to go directly from Episode 8 to Episode 9 without passing through Go the Interlude.

I could be wrong, and often am, but I doubt it in this case.

RedWyne007

Jul 12, 2021
Exactly. But even though the Interlude is short, you may be forced to play it if you want to play Episode 9.

If you played through Episode 8, you should have made a special save when offered at the end, for each route you played. Those saves are imported into the Interlude. Saves at the end of the Interlude will be used for Episode 9 like you have done for previous releases. But I don't think you will be able to go directly from Episode 8 to Episode 9 without passing through Go the Interlude.

I could be wrong, and often am, but I doubt it in this case.
I didnt mean i will skip the interlude,im just waiting for the episode 9 to play it all together

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
I kind of agree with you, but I also have a different view on this matter. What if when he started being a dik he had already the intention of taking in consideration some of his patrons previous complaints or liking, disliking? Then he planned to make being a dik without certain content and he is going to follow through it untill the end?

I personally don't care about NTR as long as it makes sense in the story and I am pretty sure he is the kind of guy who'd make it right. But even though many people "complain" about not having ntr in the game, what in my opinon, would make the story of the game seem more realistic, I am ok with it as long as he does it the way he idealized it in the first place.
maybe you are right. nobody will ever know for sure except for DPC himself. but for me there is a VERY distinct difference in the way AL feels and the way BaDIK feels. i can very easily believe that AL was totally mapped out from start to finish and that he told the exact story he wanted to tell from the beginning; it truly felt like HIS story. that includes the dark tones and serious/scary moments, dealing with loss/death and the unfairness of life as well as the funny moments with Liam the relationship growth between the main cast. that story was so specific that i believe he had some personal experience in some if not most of which went on in the story that he wanted to share (hopefully minus that crazy bitch at the end).

BaDIK feels so much more homogenized and "safe". it feels like he looked around at the other popular AVNs that were out there after he finished AL and tried to find a way to implement his version of what the successful ones were all doing into his new game. and pretty much all the non-NTR games out there are basically harem games where nobody else fucks but MC. i personally think that if BaDIK was his first game instead of AL, we would have had moments where we (the player) see Sage and Chad struggling to be intimate and showing their lack of chemistry, or Quinn's girls getting with other guys at the various parties while she runs her business, or a flashback of Bella and James being intimate together, or Tybalt being at least semi-legitimate competition for Jill, or especially Zoey trying her luck on the coast and realized what she had with MC through life experience with other guys.

and this is hard to judge based on anything other than feeling because we KNOW there was nobody but DPC truly invested in AL during its birth and development. i started donating like halfway through development and i remember he had like next to no patrons back then. but the number of people paying him his ridiculous salary now is very hard to ignore when trying to determine how much of BaDIK is his and his alone, and how much is the subtle eroding influence from the gravy train on the game they want to keep paying him for.

either way, im looking forward to whenever we finally get the Halloween party. im looking forward to some sexy times with the girls but i hope there is more going on than just a giant free roam fuckfest. i would like some real development on the character side of things, and not just 1 step forwards and 2 steps back because now Zoey is back right after DPC made us pick a path to follow.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
I think it's unlikely DPC would unintentionally reuse those particular assets in this way. He could still be doing it to mess with us and they won't turn out to be Olivia and Matthew, but I think it's more likely they are and DPC is just giving sharp-eyed players a hint of a future plot point (in a way that won't actually spoil the eventual reveal).

As far as Matthew and Bianca being a couple, while the game never makes this explicit it certainly implies it very strongly. First, Jill says the other guests will be her friends and "their partners." Unless we think this is a very unusual business meeting, that suggests the others are couples (especially given how they react to the news Jill is bringing a date).
Matthew_&_Bianca_c.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_c.jpg

Second, we're explicitly told Matthew and Bianca made the sushi together. That would be very odd if they were just friends (unless everyone brought a dish, but that was clearly not the case). The obvious implication is that they live together. I suppose they could be brother and sister, but that goes against Jill's "partner" comment.
Matthew_&_Bianca_a.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_a.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_b.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_b.jpg

Third, I think the "I love you too" line goes further than you suggest. We're explicitly told that Andy was once a newcomer to the group the way the MC now is, so he must have been introduced via someone else. Olivia chiding him about never shutting up once you get to know him certainly suggests she's more familiar with him and thus is the one who first met him. In that context, it stands to reason the two were dating one point. Could they have been strictly platonic friends? Yes, but again, that goes against Jill's "partner" comment.
Matthew_&_Bianca_d.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_d.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_e.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_e.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_f.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_f.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_g.jpg Matthew_&_Bianca_g.jpg

Finally, the seating arrangement has Matthew next to Bianca and Andy next to Olivia, just as the MC is next to Jill. Combine all that and I think it's clear why people treat the four as two couples. Is it possible DPC was trying to mislead us? I suppose, but I don't believe it. I think it's much more likely that the situation is exactly what it appears.

Which doesn't necessarily mean Matthew and Oliva are cheating, it's always possible they're in open relationships or some such thing. But I'm going to take it as read that Matthew/Bianca and Andy/Olivia are couples without some clear indication to the contrary.
Nice find!
In the scene where Jill asks Tremolo to come to the sushi dinner, I just brush it off because I am like; "Oh, Jill is just asking him here, yada yada yada". So, I guess I missed when Jill pointed out her friends and their partners. Because there is no way that they are business partners. :KEK:
As I said in my post, I just think it's not a certainty and absolute that they are a couple. But, with what you said, I agree and think that it is fair now that people assume that they are.
Very nice.

onodamakoto

Mar 4, 2021
Unofficial Android Port for :

Being a DIK [v0.8.2] + Scrappy's Mod

Download [Slightly Graphic Quality Reduced]
[Size: 2.02 Gb]

Download [Apk+Obb] [Slightly Graphic Quality Reduced]
[Size: 1.96 Gb]

Download [Good Graphic Quality]
[Size: 2.80 Gb]

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Anyone still have available link to download for this Android version 0.82 + Scrappy's Mod???

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
maybe you are right. nobody will ever know for sure except for DPC himself. but for me there is a VERY distinct difference in the way AL feels and the way BaDIK feels. i can very easily believe that AL was totally mapped out from start to finish and that he told the exact story he wanted to tell from the beginning; it truly felt like HIS story. that includes the dark tones and serious/scary moments, dealing with loss/death and the unfairness of life as well as the funny moments with Liam the relationship growth between the main cast. that story was so specific that i believe he had some personal experience in some if not most of which went on in the story that he wanted to share (hopefully minus that crazy bitch at the end).

BaDIK feels so much more homogenized and "safe". it feels like he looked around at the other popular AVNs that were out there after he finished AL and tried to find a way to implement his version of what the successful ones were all doing into his new game. and pretty much all the non-NTR games out there are basically harem games where nobody else fucks but MC. i personally think that if BaDIK was his first game instead of AL, we would have had moments where we (the player) see Sage and Chad struggling to be intimate and showing their lack of chemistry, or Quinn's girls getting with other guys at the various parties while she runs her business, or a flashback of Bella and James being intimate together, or Tybalt being at least semi-legitimate competition for Jill, or especially Zoey trying her luck on the coast and realized what she had with MC through life experience with other guys.

and this is hard to judge based on anything other than feeling because we KNOW there was nobody but DPC truly invested in AL during its birth and development. i started donating like halfway through development and i remember he had like next to no patrons back then. but the number of people paying him his ridiculous salary now is very hard to ignore when trying to determine how much of BaDIK is his and his alone, and how much is the subtle eroding influence from the gravy train on the game they want to keep paying him for.

either way, im looking forward to whenever we finally get the Halloween party. im looking forward to some sexy times with the girls but i hope there is more going on than just a giant free roam fuckfest. i would like some real development on the character side of things, and not just 1 step forwards and 2 steps back because now Zoey is back right after DPC made us pick a path to follow.
I believe the level of [non-]NTR in this game is exactly the same as it was in Acting Lessons. Did we ever see one of the LI's or fringe girls actually doing anything of a sexual nature with Liam or anyone else? If you or anyone else remembers something, please correct me. Assuming for the moment that I am right, I propose that this kind of game (without any NTR) is exactly what DrPinkCake wants to write. I mean, two straight games like that tends to indicate a trend.

Of course Acting Lessons was degrees of magnitude darker than this game. I agree with you that AL was based on personal experience - a game he had to get off his chest. I believe he has stated as much, although I don't intend to search back through his posts to find where he said it.

So, since I also believe he's had most of the basic plot mapped out since before he started writing, I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree on a few things. No bigie. I respect your opinions even if I disagree with a couple of them.

Personally, I don't mind what happens to 'make things more real'. I've played games with cheating and sharing, so it's not a big deal to me, since I know in advance what I'm getting into. Of course in BADIK, if my MC's chosen LI's cheats on him in a path, and I can do nothing to stop it, I'm gone. I don't see that ever happening, though, in this game.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes