godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I guess some people isn't even able to read diagrams.

He needs to release shorter and faster updates. The game itself needs it.

I know it, you know it, he hopefully knows it.

Anyway, I won't reply further: I've already told what I had to.
Your diagram shows no real change in the last 6 months. Maybe you're the one having trouble understanding how graphs work.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Your diagram shows no real change in the last 6 months. Maybe you're the one having trouble understanding how graphs work.
I DID TELL YOU: CHECK 3 YEARS SPAN, mate.

When people see a grey sky and tell me it's blue, what am I supposed to answer them?

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020

When people see a grey sky and tell me it's blue, what am I supposed to answer them?
Why do I care about data from 3 years ago? It's not like he peaked 2 years ago.

He literally peaked the last chapter he created, and I'm calling it now, when chapter 9 is released, he will surpass his highest number to date.

So he has nothing to worry about.

And to your larger point, no, smaller, faster updates is not what this game needs. Nobody wants to play a 300 render update with no substance, this game is where it is because of the large, significant updates, and alas the technology doesn't exist where he can whip out 4k renders in 2 months.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

Three three year span is meaningless since that started from 0. Here are the last two years.

1657101062220.png

Each release has resulted in a spike greater than the release before.

And the current state is still greater than the April release last year.

It looks like the Interlude caused a minor hump, not a spike, but that was to be expected (who would subscribe just for that?)

Currently we're in the slump between releases.

Wait until the next release to be able to make a better assessment.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Check the Patreon Monthly diagram: 3years span. He constantly raised his numbers till ep. 8 release. Since then the trend has reversed.
Three three year span is meaningless since that started from 0. Here are the last two years.
Err, I don't claim to be a stats guy, but based on those graphs it's clear that Ottoeight's point that DPCs Patreon numbers have been in a sustained declining trend since Nov 2021 is true, and that it's a departure from the norm. The bar graphs show that yes, there's a dip the month after each release, but after that each month the numbers steadily increase to the next release peak. That hasn't been the case this year, there was a minor bump for the Interlude, otherwise it's been downhill every month. It's starkly obvious in the line graph.

I'm sure he'll get another big peak with 0.9, it's what's between the major releases that's different at the moment.
So, DrPinkCake, dude, I know you won't read this, but I hope and I pray that you have realized by now that you need to release shorter and faster updates for your own sake, the game's sake and our damn sanity's sake.
Based on what? All his big peaks & sustained growth were from big, slow releases. The Interlude was a shorter, faster update & did next to nothing to halt the decline trend. I suspect the decline has little to do with DPCs release cycle:
Interestingly, if you look at other developers, Dark Cookie, Phillygames, there's a similar slump
Somewhat controversial Interlude release that some sought to skip, easing COVID restrictions, loss of Russian subscribers, global economic slump may all contribute to reduced growth in subscriptions.

Patreon subscriptions across over the last 6 months.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Each release has resulted in a spike greater than the release before.

And the current state is still greater than the April release last year.

It looks like the Interlude caused a minor hump, not a spike, but that was to be expected (who would subscribe just for that?)

Currently we're in the slump between releases.

Wait until the next release to be able to make a better assessment.
1933564_1657101062220.png

There wasn't even a plateau: just started plummeting.

No need for more words.

Once again, I hope DrPinkCake realized he needs to release shorter and faster updates: for his own sake, for the game's sake, for the players' sake.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 1910614

No need for more words.

Once again, I hope DrPinkCake realized he needs to release shorter and faster updates: for his own sake, for the game's sake, for the players' sake.
I'm not sure I'd call it plummeting, but there is a downward trend in 2022. The question is why. I think it's more likely an indication that people no longer have as much excess money to through at things like Patreon.

What I don't think the data shows is that DPC needs to release faster updates because the upward slope of Patreons you show corresponds to increasing development time:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So either people only started worrying about development time after Season 2 ended, or there is some other phenomenon at work. I vote the latter.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
View attachment 1910614

No need for more words.

That's what you want to see in this diagram. If you wanted, you could make one that shows that he needs longer updates because that way he gets more patrons when it's released

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
That's what you want to see in this diagram. If you wanted, you could make one that shows that he needs longer updates because that way he gets more patrons when it's released
Please don't sugest anything!!!! DPC reads everything!!! Please!!

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Stats aside, am I the only one who feels that DPC is pushing the limit of "time between releases" and is edging dangerously close to the cliff edge of "it's been too long, I can't remember half of my previous choices, my interest has waned, it's time to move on"?

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Embrace the fact that we're entering into 8-9 month per update cycle now. Gone are the 6 months per update.

Episode 9 - September 2022
Episode 10 - June 2023
Episide 11 - March 2024
Episode 12 - December 2024
But but but badly interpreted and poorly calculated stats shows an average of less than 5 months between releases! I have illogical, stupid, and blind faith that episode 9 will be released soon! :p

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Stats aside, am I the only one who feels that DPC is pushing the limit of "time between releases" and is edging dangerously close to the cliff edge of "it's been too long, I can't remember half of my previous choices, my interest has waned, it's time to move on"?
I doubt that he's slacking off the updates to milk his patreons. I think his OCD just kicks in and he obsesses over everything to the smallest detail.

Though what worries me is that we clearly are getting very close to the one update per year schedule and if DPC ever starts losing motivation or hits an artist's block, this might be left on hold for some time or even be left unfinished.

We are still at least 4 years away from it being completed and that's a very long time to keep a project fresh and people interested in it.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes