Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
NPCs you've been nice to treating you as a DIK is presumably because people gossip, so even if you're nice to them they know the MC does a lot of DIK stuff elsewhere?
I can vouch for this. For some reason, people are fixated that one has to personally witness something to know anything - this really isn't the case.

As a person who moved schools every 2-3 years growing up (my dad was a diplomat, but army brats etc would tell you the same), I can confidently say that within a week at a new place I'd know exactly who had what rep, who the jokers were, who were bad losers in sports etc. without having to see it myself. Heck, as a 6th grader other 6th graders would tell me who the sluts were in the 12th grade before I'd even talked to a single 12th grader.

Knowing someone's reputation doesn't require being an eye-witness or even knowing what they specifically did to earn it. E.g They'd say "watch out for him, he likes to tell on people" and that's enough. They don't recite a list of examples.

Some info may prove wrong eventually but impressions are already formed.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I can vouch for this. For some reason, people are fixated that one has to personally witness something to know anything - this really isn't the case.

As a person who moved schools every 2-3 years growing up (my dad was a diplomat, but army brats etc would tell you the same), I can confidently say that within a week at a new place I'd know exactly who had what rep, who the jokers were, who were bad losers in sports etc. without having to see it myself. Heck, as a 6th grader other 6th graders would tell me who the sluts were in the 12th grade before I'd even talked to a single 12th grader.

Knowing someone's reputation doesn't require being an eye-witness or even knowing what they specifically did to earn it. E.g They'd say "watch out for him, he likes to tell on people" and that's enough. They don't recite a list of examples.

But why do only certain events matter?

Secretly fooling around with Jade? Builds your DIK reputation. Fooling around with Camila and Mona? Requires you to have acted like a DIK previously, no direct effect on your reputation. Being publicly accused of fooling around by Camila and Mona themselves? No effect on your reputation whatsoever.

If there's a consistent rule for why some things matter and some don't, I can't see it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ThePresident451

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
The simple truth is that most of the Major choices would never be known by anyone other than the people there. Jade doesn't run tell the LI's that she rubbed her students dick in class, Steve doesn't run to B&R to tell everyone whether the MC talked to him or not, etc. etc. Almost none of those Major Choices would be known to anyone but those people there at the time and almost none of them are LI's. I agree with Holy Bacchus and ename144 the system is unrealistic
That has my point since M&J rejection. If DIK/CHICK choices shape your personality and what the MC can or can't do, how he acts or speaks around people then I'm fine with it. But other people checking the affinity itself and not the actions you do based on it is a big no no from me.
Hey now, don't attack me like that, man. I've got 3 monitors hooked up, and they beat anything short of a 4k TV. The youngest of the trio is a Samsung 23" widescreen. My square panels have already survived total capacitor replacement once each.

Let my friend Dave explain the problem.

View attachment 691010

It's an old one and it goes back to Roman law. It is the killing of any close family relative, up to and including the murder of a first cousin of either your mother or father's bloodline.

The punishment for this was the "penalty of the sack", where one was "sewn up in a leather sack, with an assortment of live animals including a dog, snake, monkey, and a chicken or rooster, and then being thrown into water." It seems Hadrian would also offer it as an option instead of being thrown to the beasts in the arena.

Rough times.
I checked it afterwards, I think it's an English issue. Patricide and Parricide have the same etymological origin (Homicide of a parent). Parricide originally meant exclusively father/mother and those in a direct line, only ancestors, not relatives. With time it took a wider meaning, until it was "corrected again" to it's original meaning of only ancerstors in Roman law (Constantinus afaik). English took the wider (and wrong) meaning of "parricide" and then had to invent another word for the one they were misusing, and that's how "patricide" was born.

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
DIK/ CHICK meter plus the Relationship points is what would change characters opinions on you.
The affinity bar will eventually block you from going to the other direction. It doesn't work out very well yet. Like, let's say you went a Massive DIK path and you made only DIK choices on those affinity choices. There will come a time that you will finally lose all of the CHICK bars. After that point, there will be no way for you to make a CHICK choice, even if there would be an option for zero affinity and point requirement. But it will be locked for your character anyways.
For example, helping the kid with the problem. Let's say this scene actually occurs very late in the game and you are a Massive DIK. Kid asks you for help, and you say "Solve it yourself". You won't be able to choose the help option.

Sunny29

Jun 3, 2018
I didn't know this game was made by the same team who made Acting Lessons. I loved that game. How did I miss it? I am installing it now!

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
Also, it will change the type of person MC is and his view of situations. Maybe a little stretch but I think it'll be like, when you have the option to call Bella hot or beautiful. A CHICK one would be a lot more caring then the DIK one, except the LI he's pursuing. That's my take on this

cryhwks

Dec 3, 2018
  • Love
Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017

But they didn't know what you were like, correct? We're not arguing about the MC listening to other people, were arguing that the other people wouldn't know about MC. A lot of the Major Choices wouldn't be public knowledge. Jade, you think she spread a rumor that her, a professor, rubbed her student's dick in class? Steve, you think he borrowed Daddies car to drive up to B&R to tell everyone that you talked to him/walked out? Quinn, you think she went and told everyone she smoked an illegal drug on the roof on school property with the MC? These aren't the sort of things you tell people because they can come back and bite you on the ass, HARD!

I posted this earlier
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-5-1-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-3651079

darkslayer5

Special Kind of Hero
Game Compressor
Donor
Feb 14, 2020
Being a DIK [v0.5.1] [Dr PinkCake] - Original Size: 7.5GB

~ Light Compressed version (better image quality) ~
Download PC/Mac (2.3GB): - -

~ Heavy Compressed version (lower image quality) ~
Download PC/Mac (1.6GB): - -

~ Compressed v0.5.1 patch only (from v0.4.0/v0.4.1/v0.4.2/v0.5.0 to v0.5.1) ~
Download (576MB): - -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

Last edited:

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
It would be an ethical conundrum for the MC because whilst having that kind of money would be great for him in terms of helping his Dad, helping the DIKs, helping Maya, etc, he just made this grandiose speech about not relying on others to pay your way and working hard to earn it for yourself.

So it would be a decision between sticking to his principles about hard work and earning your own living, or being a hypocrite by accepting that money and relying on it to solve all his problems.
There's a fine line, but the MC could use said money and not be completely devoid of his principles. It's almost a foolishness to receive such a thing and not help the people you care for, choosing to help only through "the hard way". What could happen is the usage of said money to help those in need, as it would be a selfless action and any selfish need can very much be taken care of via the mentioned hard work. So help Maya through given/gifted money, but help the DIK's through hard earned money. Currently, out of everyone that the MC realistically cares for, only Maya is in need. The father has lived his entire life this way and while the house remodeling is needed, it's not an immediate need. The DIK's need that money, however, despite the different affinity or status the MC could have, both versions would still grown up in relative poverty. And both versions don't differ in opinions on their lives surrounding that or the lives of other, more privileged people. The point is that both versions can easily decide that the DIK's should not be given money, they need to learn a lesson and will have to work for it.
Yet, all this discussion rests on the slim chance of MC being a part B/R or other prestigious family AND the families willingness/guilt to give them money.

Have a nice day

The punishment for this was the "penalty of the sack", where one was "sewn up in a leather sack, with an assortment of live animals including a dog, snake, monkey, and a chicken or rooster, and then being thrown into water." It seems Hadrian would also offer it as an option instead of being thrown to the beasts in the arena.

Rough times.
Sounds like pretty fun times to me :cool:

zinx1702

Feb 27, 2019
What a hell is your problem?
This is just a game! A hell of a nice game! It is just for fun! All We know that is not real! The choices is not real? Ok. The girls reacting is not real? No problem. Is this just a game! I've never seen any of descrisptions of a simulator!
Relax bud, yes its a realy nice game.
we are just BEING A DIK here :)

Reactions: Paco Loco

chronomate

Jun 5, 2020
Three questions, in descending order of seriousness:

1) Does RP actually DO anything in the game as it presently stands? Because it seems to me that if you know how to play the status + affinity system properly, the rest doesn't really seem to matter.

2) Anybody given any thought to Tommy's coin? MC identifies it as Ionian (a type of ancient Greek), but aside from the symbolic connection between a form of Greek currency and the Greek system (fraternities/sororities), I can't figure out what, if anything, its purpose might be.

3) Does anyone else think Arieth looks like a younger, sluttier Flo from the Progressive commercials? I saw it and now I can't unsee it...

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
The latest changelog mentions a painting minigame. How do you trigger that? I don't remember it at all, is it only on a specific route?

4.80 star(s) 1,495 Votes