Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
The Josy date doesn't really annoy me. They had a crush on each other all summer. But even if the MC is a DIK and or passive with Maya, she still kisses him after the cumpetition. That I do not get...
That shit date made sense narratively, though. An MC rejected by Maya/Josy pretending to be Maya's boyfriend doesn't.
Exactly. That was necessary because she's a main LI which means players needed a moment with her to generate a potential liking towards her and they were also 2 people who had a crush on each other, so why wouldn't they go on a date? It would be pretty poor storytelling and game design if we're told by the MC himself that he has a crush on Josy and then we can decide not to go on a date with her.

great news :) I think elite patreon members will play first right ?
Technically, but we'll get it too.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It depends on how early the King SomboSteel gets up
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Shame on everyone for forgetting the true king, Crazygamer43, who blessed us with the previous episodes. :(

Was it actually announced? Or just the general best guess consensus?
white-down-pointing-backhand-index_1f447.png

View attachment 1145347

The release dates for Episode 7 - True Colors are as follows:

+$25 tiers: Friday, April 23
+$10 tiers: Monday, April 26

$5 tier: Friday, May 7 (Patch only. Requires v0.6.0 or v0.6.1.)

DIKs! The wait is almost over!

Beta testing has yielded great results and helped the episode get more polished than it was.

There are still some kinks to work out, and after that, there's the general preparation for release left on my end; but today, I'm feeling confident that I can deliver on this release date.

If you plan to play the game on the release day, I advise you to download the full game before release and then download the smaller patch during release day.

This will get you playing the game faster as servers will be stressed during this time.

The estimated download size for v0.7.0 is 14.5 GB for the full game and 4.1 GB for the patch.

I've tried my best only to include what's necessary for the patch, and, as always, my content is compressed and lossless.

You can only patch versions v0.6.0 and v0.6.1 from my Patreon page. As always, the Patreon version isn't compatible with Steam.

If you're unsure about how to patch the game, you can save yourself the headache and download the full game at release.

I hope you will enjoy this release, and a thank you to all for sticking with me through the development.

Your patience and the trust you put in me make me stay focused and healthy.

This project is only possible because of your support.

Let the countdown begin!

Love

Dr PinkCake

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Exactly. That was necessary because she's a main LI which means players needed a moment with her to generate a potential liking towards her and they were also 2 people who had a crush on each other, so why wouldn't they go on a date? It would be pretty poor storytelling and game design if we're told by the MC himself that he has a crush on Josy and then we can decide not to go on a date with her.
They wouldn't go on a date because Josy was already seeing someone else. :confused:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Shame on everyone for forgetting the true king, @Crazygamer43, who blessed us with the previous episodes. :(
The king needs to be active with his commoners but in that case it would be Casmyr but it does not matter who is the first will be the king until the next update :ROFLMAO:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
They wouldn't go on a date because Josy was already seeing someone else. :confused:
Yeah, because that totally stops people in adult games and in real life. :rolleyes:

Also, this was much more of a "2 people who've worked together for a while decide to hang out" kind of thing. The MC considered it a date because they didn't know their relationship status.

• Angry
Reactions: TheDwayneTrain

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Yes, well, if DPC would actually give Quinn an identity she would probably have redeeming values. Tell us about Quinn's family. Where is she from? How did she end up at B&R? Why is she a punk girl? Is she into the music? Does she like movies? Books? What's her favorite food? If the MC were going to buy her a gift what would she like? If she could get away from the drugs and prostitution shit, would she? If Sage left could she even run the HOTs without getting them shut down?

There's just so much DPC could do with Quinn and he's basically pissed away that opportunity to tell us boring bullshit about other characters.
1 flashback and get to see her family once in this last update, her opening up and showing her vulnerable side happened...... this last update. So i don't think we can say how much inconsequential bull we will learn about her. She would like anything the mc gives her(I would like to see her reaction to flowers, because I know her type).
We might find out about getting out of the game or not and her ability to run the hots....... in due time. This isn't the quinn game. Were learning everything in real time with mc.(tho we do get a few details he doesnt). which all this information includes 5 lis, 3 antagonist, one sidekick, and what? 8-10 side chicks. Let alone all the diks, feminist, nerds, Burke, mc parents, family, ect.

Reactions: shazba

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Yeah, because that totally stops people in adult games and in real life. :rolleyes:

Also, this was much more of a "2 people who've worked together for a while decide to hang out" kind of thing. The MC considered it a date because they didn't know their relationship status.
Right, which explains why the MC goes back to Josy's house when he goes home and they end up fucking.

Because it's just normal for people in a relationship to do things like that. Everyone's a cheater.

You answered the question. "Because it's an adult game", which means any bullshit that makes the plot go forward is acceptable.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Because it's just normal for people in a relationship to do things like that. Everyone's a cheater.
Josy cheats on Maya, Maya cheats on Josy, Sage cheats on Chad, Chad (possibly) cheats on Sage, Bella (possibly) cheats on James, Jade cheats on Stephen, Stephen cheats on Jade, Tommy cheats on Heather, Jamie cheats on Dani, the MC cheats on everyone...

Yeah, I guess are a lot of cheats. :ROFLMAO:

You answered the question. "Because it's an adult game", which means any bullshit that makes the plot go forward is acceptable.
Pretty much.

But, someone in a relationship going on dates with someone else, and that someone else knowing that their dating someone who's in a relationship is not uncommon in the real world, so the Josy/MC dates in Eps 1 & 2 aren't exactly "bullshit".

Reactions: InfiniteIgnorance

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
1 flashback and get to see her family once in this last update, her opening up and showing her vulnerable side happened...... this last update. So i don't think we can say how much inconsequential bull we will learn about her. She would like anything the mc gives her(I would like to see her reaction to flowers, because I know her type).
We might find out about getting out of the game or not and her ability to run the hots....... in due time. This isn't the quinn game. Were learning everything in real time with mc.(tho we do get a few details he doesnt). which all this information includes 5 lis, 3 antagonist, one sidekick, and what? 8-10 side chicks. Let alone all the diks, feminist, nerds, Burke, mc parents, family, ect.
I'd be fine with the game if DPC offed half of the female characters and spent more time on the remaining ones.

In fact, I think there should be an option to end the relationship with each female character.

As of now, the MC is stuck dealing with all of them and their problems whether he wants to or not.

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
DPC has no problem forcing actions on the MC.
Absolutely.

We must not forget that DPC tells us a story. The player is not the scriptwriter of his game.

We will always have elements imposed by DPC to serve the story he tells.

BaDIK is a game where the player does not spend his time confirming his choices and his actions. Jill, we don't choose to invite her. Bella, we have a lot of forced interactions, and so on.

For the moment I find what was imposed rather coherent with the MC and the history.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
I'd be fine with the game if DPC offed half of the female characters and spent more time on the remaining ones.

In fact, I think there should be an option to end the relationship with each female character.

As of now, the MC is stuck dealing with all of them and their problems whether he wants to or not.
Next update, more branching...... it will get there... in due time. Patience.... there's a story being told.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
And we're back. :cool:

Quick summary of my thoughts/responses to some of the stuff posted/discussed over the 3 days I was away.
  • Sage doesn't know about either the drugs or the prostitution.
  • The MC might fuck Heather but there's no path for her.
  • A Josy/Jill/MC threesome will not happen, nor will a Josy/Jill couple.
  • The MC will not play pretend boyfriend to Maya.
  • Lynette is dead and her coming back does not serve the plot in any way.
  • Cathy resigned of her own volition because of the Cluck, nobody forced her to.
  • Neil is the MC's Dad.
  • Any pregnancies will be in the endgame epilogues.
  • The Cluck was not an attack on Cathy, it was an attack on the DIKs and she was an unfortunate victim in that.
  • Vinny wasn't behind the Cluck, nor were the Jocks or Nerds.
  • No one person/group is fucking over the DIKs or the Jocks.
  • Quinn and Vinny are not rivals, he just does better than her and it annoys her.
I agree with pretty much everything there, except:
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the mc did pose as Maya's boyfriend if they are already in a relationship (not sure if DPC would have multiple solutions for some of these dramas though...)
  • I also don't think Cathy resigned over the "Cluck", I think there's more to it.
  • I have no idea who was responsible for the Cluck, so I'm not ruling anyone out.
:cool:

I don't think that had anything to do with the Cluck, but rather Cathy's decision to go to Bella's for comfort. Jade and Bella don't seem to get on, so perhaps Jade was "upset" that Cathy turned to Bella for consolation rather her. Yes, Jade was at the Prep party, but with this being her best friend, she would have probably have dropped everything to go comfort her rather than go to the party, and this is what Cathy "didn't know before going there". She may not also know that Jade and Bella don't get along and this is also factors into it.
I'm still not convinced it's all about the cluck.

Jade: "I'm not mad with you. I was upset, but I'm over it." - That quote could be, "I'm upset you didn't come to me first - I though we were best friends...". Sounds plausable.​

Cathy: "I didn't know before going there." - Before going to Bella's? Maybe she's saying she didn't know that Jade had an issue with Bella? Sounds fair enough.​

Jade: "I know and it doesn't matter. None of that matters now." - What doesn't matter? If this is still about the Cathy Cluck, fuck Jade for getting worked up like this, she wasn't the one posted naked on social media and humiliated throughout the school. Of course it fucking matters, to Cathy.​
Jade: "I love you. And I'll support you, even though this is the worst thing that has happened in a very long time." - Support her through the Cluck fallout? Why would she say she'll support her "even though" it's the worst thing that has happened? What is the worst thing? The Cluck? It sounds like Jade is talking about something that's happened to herself. You wouldn't say, "I'll support you even though this is bad", you'd say, "This is really bad, obviously I'll support you".​

Nope, I'm sure there's something bigger than the Cluck going on... :unsure:

My work has been freakin' insane for the past 5 days, and my sleep cycle has been thrown totally off track. When my alarm went off this morning, I thought it was Thursday, and my first thought was, "SHIT! Ep. 7 comes out tomorrow, and I haven't finished my main save do-over!"

What has my life become?

...OK, enough of that. Time to get moving on that save.
Today my wife mispronounced D&D with D&G :unsure:
It seems this game is warping lives! :eek:

DPC has no problem forcing actions on the MC. That shit starts with the date with Josy that you're required to go on.
DPC isn't forcing things on the mc, no more than any author forces things on their characters in a novel.

It's a story. Not our story. It's the story of a guy going to college and the shit that goes down in his life.

We don't control the story, we have some influence on his character and guide some events.

People keep acting like it's some open world sandbox game.

It's a mostly a linear story with some branches as to who the main characters fucks and a few side arcs.

When it comes to the end, that's probably when it'll go off on numerous tangents, but otherwise we're just following a plot.

Ninja'd by Tadpol's post.

Right, which explains why the MC goes back to Josy's house when he goes home and they end up fucking.

Josy cheats on Maya, Maya cheats on Josy, Sage cheats on Chad, Chad (possibly) cheats on Sage, Bella (possibly) cheats on James, Jade cheats on Stephen, Stephen cheats on Jade, Tommy cheats on Heather, Jamie cheats on Dani, the MC cheats on everyone...

Yeah, I guess are a lot of cheats. :ROFLMAO:

Pretty much.

But, someone in a relationship going on dates with someone else, and that someone else knowing that their dating someone who's in a relationship is not uncommon in the real world, so the Josy/MC dates in Eps 1 & 2 aren't exactly "bullshit".
Cheating is just one of the issues, the cast is filled with lying, cheating, drug using, prostitutes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Cathy: "I didn't know before going there." - Before going to Bella's? Maybe she's saying she didn't know that Jade had an issue with Bella? Sounds fair enough.
I got wondering if it was bellas, but not because of Bella, but mc. Either the fact that mc is "friends" with them and/or that he showed up, talked to her and took her home.

Edit: or showing up to give Burke her resignation letter.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shazba

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree with pretty much everything there, except:
  • I wouldn't be surprised if the mc did pose as Maya's boyfriend if they are already in a relationship (not sure if DPC would have multiple solutions for some of these dramas though...)
  • I also don't think Cathy resigned over the "Cluck", I think there's more to it.
  • I have no idea who was responsible for the Cluck, so I'm not ruling everyone out.
Having him pose as her boyfriend on the throuple path creates the potential problem of needing an entirely different set of renders for that path than the non-throuple path, and DPC seems more likely, in a situation like this, to have the same set of renders serve 2 purposes.

The Cluck has damaged her reputation because it's something will people talk about for a long time, even when the current crop of students have all left. She also mentions to the MC that she didn't have an easy time growing up and this humiliation could be enough to make her quit because of that.

The Jocks are a) not smart enough to pull it off, b) could not get in to the DIK mansion to be able to do it; the Nerds being responsible would be totally out of left field as they seem like nothing more than harmless side characters; Vinny was likely doing this would seem pointlessly petty if he was indeed expelled and his brothers didn't stand up to help him, plus he too would have trouble getting in to the party. For me, it seems like there's only one potentially obvious suspect.

Jade: "I know and it doesn't matter. None of that matters now." - What doesn't matter? If this is still about the Cathy Cluck, fuck Jade for getting worked up like this, she wasn't the one posted naked on social media and humiliated throughout the school. Of course it fucking matters, to Cathy.
Cathy going to Bella's would be what she's saying "doesn't matter now".

How do you guys know swyper wont be in the game anymore?!
There was a preview of the new phone layout and it wasn't there.

I got wondering if it was bellas, but not because of Bella, but mc. Either the fact that mc is "friends" with them and/or that he showed up, talked to her and took her home.

Edit: or showing up to give Burke her resignation letter.
That conversation happens the same way regardless of whether the MC took her home or not, so it won't be that.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalli_x and shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,526 Votes