NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Hey guys,
I don't know if it was asked before, but I'm curious if there is a way to reset my progress in terms of magazines found, arts unlocked, etc. without deleting all saves?
Just want to start a different path but still enjoy the little activities.
Delete the file called 'persistent' in saves and in the Renpy folder, usually on C drive. It should be like this: C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\RenPy, or just use 'run' %appdata%. Once you are inside the Renpy folder, just look for each game you want to delete saves and/or persistent.

Reactions: Jumbi and Meushi

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
So what is the general consensus on the alignment system in this game? Do people like the way that changes some of the MC's lines of dialogue and limits the choices the player can make? Or would they rather have it just affect the way others act towards you?

I'm not a fan of it because it limits roleplaying options. You basically get to be a dudebro choad or a boy scout. The neutral path is a weird hodgepodge mix of the two that requires a lot of metagaming to get the results you want. Sometimes it just locks you out of content for no good reason, like with Heather's latest scene.

I was on a neutral path where I was as nice as possible to Heather, and as rude as possible to Tommy, and yet the game won't let me choose the option to let her blow me at the party because of my alignment score. Which is stupid. I made all the relevant choices to set up that scene. I beat Tommy up, ratted him out to Heather, told him I wasn't interested in being friends. I had even designed the party in a way that Tommy was the only guy unhappy with it. That's how petty I've been to him on this path.

But this one choice was off limits. I could fuck Camilla on the dance floor, and plow Jade in her kitchen (immediately after telling her I nailed her daughter), but a blow job from Heather was deemed to be totally out of character for some reason. The game wanted me to make more DIK choices with completely unrelated characters in scenes that have nothing to do with this scene. And that is a thing I've been annoyed with before.

The alignment system can't handle someone who wants to be nice to nice people and mean to mean people. You want to make fun of an asshole? Better creepily ogle a bunch of random women first to get your DIK score up. Want to tell Derek that a hot girl is hot? No! You will say that she's got a pretty necklace instead because you were polite one time too many and are now stuck acting like a guy hiding deep in the closet.

So that's my two cents on the issue. It would make sense for the alignment system to cause girls to reject you based on your reputation, but the way it prevents you from attempting to do things is lame.
I think it's all about the trade-off between the variability of behavior within a visual novel frame and the difficulty of keeping track of a lot of player micro-decisions. This is not an open-world survival sandbox where you can do whatever you want, after all, the game is scripted and gives you only a limited level of variability. You can either see this scene with Heather or you can't, but the game's decision to show it to you can be very difficult if the game "ai" tries to take into account every previous decision you made, which may have even a minimal impact on this situation. Thus, affinity is a simple criterion that is an integral measure of all your decisions and represents your character as a whole. Otherwise, at every point in the game where a decision must be made to show you this or that, a complex conditional test will be performed "if you did X, and said Y, and met Z and never talked to N or you did A, and said B and did not meet Z...". The developer must consider all these factors in order to write a condition. With affinity, it boils down to a simple “if DIK, then this; if CHICK, then that; if NEUTRAL, then fuck off." Although, as you mentioned, this simplification can lead to some counter-intuitive situations and limits your behaviour, but in general it works.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I just wrote earlier so the MC could learn secrets from Riona. From the looks of it, Maya learned a secret from Riona. Riona's gestures and facial expressions indicate so it was something that some people already knew, but Maya didn't. Maya doesn't seem upset, but rather slightly worried or unsure.

The whole scene is probably the one from the camping trip, which is what we saw from the picture with the beer pong mini-game. The fence in the background is the same and the covered camping tables fit in well too.

Maya's line of sight could be, doesn't have to be, in the direction of the beer pong. Only 3 people can be seen correctly at Bier Pong. Sage, Elena and Sarah. There will also be a fourth person at the Beer Pong table because Sage has an opponent. It will probably be the MC, it's a mini game after all.

The only question is what Riona might have told Maya and if this scene is canon. I can imagine so Maya just learned from Riona that these girls, meaning Sage, Elena and Sarah are competitors in regards to the MC.

Maya's necklace is also interesting. Maybe it's just the light, but this chain is completely silver in Maya's past. Here is silver and golden. Talk is silver and silence is gold.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mikedazz1

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
So what is the general consensus on the alignment system in this game? Do people like the way that changes some of the MC's lines of dialogue and limits the choices the player can make? Or would they rather have it just affect the way others act towards you?

I'm not a fan of it because it limits roleplaying options. You basically get to be a dudebro choad or a boy scout. The neutral path is a weird hodgepodge mix of the two that requires a lot of metagaming to get the results you want. Sometimes it just locks you out of content for no good reason, like with Heather's latest scene.

I was on a neutral path where I was as nice as possible to Heather, and as rude as possible to Tommy, and yet the game won't let me choose the option to let her blow me at the party because of my alignment score. Which is stupid. I made all the relevant choices to set up that scene. I beat Tommy up, ratted him out to Heather, told him I wasn't interested in being friends. I had even designed the party in a way that Tommy was the only guy unhappy with it. That's how petty I've been to him on this path.

But this one choice was off limits. I could fuck Camilla on the dance floor, and plow Jade in her kitchen (immediately after telling her I nailed her daughter), but a blow job from Heather was deemed to be totally out of character for some reason. The game wanted me to make more DIK choices with completely unrelated characters in scenes that have nothing to do with this scene. And that is a thing I've been annoyed with before.

The alignment system can't handle someone who wants to be nice to nice people and mean to mean people. You want to make fun of an asshole? Better creepily ogle a bunch of random women first to get your DIK score up. Want to tell Derek that a hot girl is hot? No! You will say that she's got a pretty necklace instead because you were polite one time too many and are now stuck acting like a guy hiding deep in the closet.

So that's my two cents on the issue. It would make sense for the alignment system to cause girls to reject you based on your reputation, but the way it prevents you from attempting to do things is lame.
Always hated morality systems, don't care if its lore friendly Kotor, or its just there to be there Mass Effect, it always forces encourages you to max one, instead of letting you role play each situation.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I thought Maya had gone to her father, but she's at a party. But where are they? This is not a campus area. It's somewhere out of town, maybe it's an area of an abandoned factory or something like that. I'm sure MС said something embarrassing and Maya blushed and Riona laughed.
HOT's house backyard mostly.

Reactions: Neyragrat tsaL

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
Guys, which girl do you think will have the darkest path? A lot of people think it will be Quinn or even Sage, but my money is definitely on Bella.
I won't talk about the mysterious traumatic past and the disappearance of her husband.
Bella will probably be isolated from all MC parties. All the parties will have his ex-LIs (Sage, Maya, and the unexpectedly always in love with him Josy) and some will definitely have Jill, considering how close she has become to Sage. But not Bella. Given that there are cheating points in the game, and the fact that there will be sexy girls constantly swirling around MC, the player way of Bella will have a very hard time resisting temptation.
Sage, Maya, and Josy are open to experimentation in sex, while Bella and Jill are more conservative. I'm pretty sure DPC will play the "girl's tears" card when the crying Jill comes on to him and MC can't refuse.

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Based on the previews already released, we can say that in Ep.10 there will be a kind of outdoor gathering, right? A starry sky, tents with mattresses and pillows... I wonder what choice will be given to the MC who doesn't have his love interest at this event (Bella/Jill/Nicole/)? Does the party end early or do they have to sleep in the tent with one of the girls and hope none of them jump on his dick during the night? Sage, help me! Please! (You know these girls are naughty when the safest option is to sleep with Sage - if she's not the MC's love interest, of course). :KEK:

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Guys, which girl do you think will have the darkest path? A lot of people think it will be Quinn or even Sage, but my money is definitely on Bella.
I won't talk about the mysterious traumatic past and the disappearance of her husband.
Bella will probably be isolated from all MC parties. All the parties will have his ex-LIs (Sage, Maya, and the unexpectedly always in love with him Josy) and some will definitely have Jill, considering how close she has become to Sage. But not Bella. Given that there are cheating points in the game, and the fact that there will be sexy girls constantly swirling around MC, the player way of Bella will have a very hard time resisting temptation.
Sage, Maya, and Josy are open to experimentation in sex, while Bella and Jill are more conservative. I'm pretty sure DPC will play the "girl's tears" card when the crying Jill comes on to him and MC can't refuse.
A dark ending for Bella only if the player does it on purpose. For example, cheating on Bella or leaving her after choosing her to be with Jill (in this scenario she would lose everyone, her best friend and the guy she was in love with). Remember Bella has no family, she is alone in the world. I don't think Bella will endure another heartbreak if the player makes the MC be an asshole to her.

ProxyGist

May 8, 2023
A dark ending for Bella only if the player does it on purpose. For example, cheating on Bella or leaving her after choosing her to be with Jill (in this scenario she would lose everyone, her best friend and the guy she was in love with). Remember Bella has no family, she is alone in the world. I don't think Bella will endure another heartbreak if the player makes the MC be an asshole to her.
Yes, I think that Bella will be the one who will have more drama and experiences along the way. Even though Bella seems calm, I have a feeling that she could snap at any moment because of the weight of psychological trauma she's holding inside.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes