Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
but what reason does the craftsman have for saying that it could take less?

Speaking strictly for myself, if you want to pay me time and a half or double time for a rush job, it means I'm putting you before other customers and making them wait. Not really possible for DPC, as all his customers are getting the same product. So, you are left with diminished size or quality. I vote for taking his time.

Reactions: Kpyna

DawnR

May 27, 2020
Quick Question. i got the game from 0.8.1 , should i download the whole s1+s2 too?
or should i download the S3+ interlude Only?

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Wasn't here around for quite some time, so maybe someone already solved the mystery of the lollipop?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's highlightable and clickable but nothing happens.
And here I assumed it was just to determine whether or not clueless MC connects the dots to tie Quinn to the camera.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Quick Question. i got the game from 0.8.1 , should i download the whole s1+s2 too?
or should i download the S3+ interlude Only?
had to redo this reply, but if you've already played 0.8.1, then you can just get interlude +season3. It should pick up from where you left off.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Well, first of all, The Fight is a mini game, what we players play and win.

So if We win and then we get a scripted event where we actually lose just because of story it would not sit well with the audience as it not sit well in the previous cases.
We already had 3 scripted event, when even if we beat the mini game we technically didn't win in the sense of Story:rolleyes:
we don't need another one.
Vinny doesn't have to be some MMA fighter to take him seriously, or be dangerous.
and as I said, if he beat MC, it would be the opposite reaction. He would not come out as some badass foe , but a stupid game decision.
This is one of the situations that worries me, we already saw that in the fight with Caleb, no matter how well the MC fights, he is not “allowed” to win, the maximum that DPC allows is a draw, so make the MC lose purpose for the sake of the plot, it's not impossible.

I hope that doesn't happen.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
So, guys, what are the current theories about the black box?
My first guess was that it's Vinnie's stash with some sort of healing powder inside, it was well enough hidden for a trashed library, but after the MC decided to take up residence there, Vinny paid a surprise visit to pick up his stuff and got mad, when he didn't found it.
WhatsInTheBox.jpeg

Reactions: Scopelophila

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
Is Vinny dangerous and coward enough to physically hurt Lily? If the answer is 'no', then Lily is just making things difficult. Let Vinny deal with Quinn, it was Quinn who agreed to sell Lily drugs in the first place. No?
Well, while we don't know the whole ins and outs of their business relationship, at the moment we can only speculate. Just by following a healthy logic:

1. Vinny is quite dangerous, because from a former party-goer and a life-waster, he turned into a criminal and a complete scumbag. This is not a local junkie who sells weed in the yard. And we know perfectly well that Vinny buys more than just weed from Buddy.

2. Cowardice has absolutely nothing to do with it. Criminal activities is not a battle of knights and concepts of honor don't work here. MC literally did nothing to him, just retorted (more than justified), but Vinny was the first to go into conflict, and even if MC chooses a Chick option, he still threatens him with a gun. So Lily and Quinn aren't safe either. Apparently, Lily had known him for at least a year and he was her first dealer. I don't think her words about "he shouldn't know about it" are an empty sound or forcing the situation for the sake of drama. She must know him well enough to have a reason to say so. Quinn also know Vinny quite well, while they spent about a year together while he was still in college and DIKs. Quinn is concerned that he threatened MC with a gun, but her reaction is not "wow" or "how can this be", bc she mostly expected such behavior from him.

3. Let Vinny deal with Quinn? And now she have to put her over to him? This is a nasty and vile act. Quinn didn't want this herself, Lily was interested in this in the first place when she found out that Quinn's was selling shit cheaper and wanted to buy from her and drop Vinny, fucking him back in such way. Apparently, Quinn told her that they get shit from the same source (from Buddy), which is why Lily tells her friends in such detail exactly how Vinny fooled them and that there is no need to worry about the quality, because it's the same, only cheaper.

4. The real source of the problems is Tommy. He was the one who decided to drag Vinny back to where he left from, because of harboring a grudge against Quinn. He also very badly framed the MC, by presenting the really dangerous Vinny as a kind of freak and a fool who was just fucking around with a dummy gun. Although he had no choice, if he had told the truth, MC would probably have called the cops for real, and that would have been the end of DIKs, HOTs and many other characters.

5. In the game, de facto, at least 5 antagonists are clearly visible. Stefan, Vinnie, Buddy, Mick, Quinn. It's still unclear how Quinn's character will develop and whether there are any choices we could make to guide her down one path or another, or whether her fate is already sealed in the plot.

Mick:

ep9_quinn_lewd64.jpg

Him shooting the MC doesn't make him dangerous either, just stupid. The police are going to love chasing a guy who's been gunning down students inside the B&R campus. Vinny's introduction could have been better done, I can't take him seriously when I see that ridiculous haircut and the way he thinks he's the badass for calling others a dog.
I'm impressed with such logic, seriously :rolleyes:

Stupid idiot with a gun or "smart" criminal with a gun, it doesn't make sense when you get shot. They WAS dangerous, while it's you(MC), who was really stupid. Or MC just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, as it usually happens. Vinny is clearly don't look like a stupid person. Impulsive or reckless one - maybe, but not an idiot. Even he is walking with a gun on him, I doubt he was ready to shot MC in DIKs mansion, next to a bunch of witnesses. He, as well, don't make an impression of a person, who want to end his life in a prison, at least he accepts the risks by doing what he do, but I doubt that he want to fuck up and being arrested for such a stupid reason, like, shooting to somebody in a public place crowded with people. But even if MC called for police, as he wanted to, I doubt that they would able to catch Vinny that time. He did it to threaten and maybe warn MC to not fuck with him. If we will have another scene with a gun in the future, I think it may happen not on campus, but somewhere else. Maybe on Quinn path, she could be the one to get MC into trouble, she asked MC to be her bodyguard. And we know that they have to visit Buddy's lair, it's a place where Vinny also lurking around from time to time. On MGs branches it's probably could be a Tommy. It's hard to guess now, how it could be implemented, but why not? On MGs branches Quinn have nothing with MC, especially when it's J&M or Jill ones. But I don't think that future dealing with Vinny will be exclusive to Quinn path.

Dog - this is both a mockery and a warning.

"little puppy" - if MC tries to be as correct as possible (Chick)
"dog that barks but doesn't bite" - if MC is just rude to him and asks him to fuck off (Neutral)
"rabid dog" - if MC punches him and says that rabid dogs get put down (DIK)

Zoey warns MC after he punching Oscar, that it may end bad for him sometime. Even considering that this is a game, but sometimes it is useful to pay attention to such hints from the author, because they are definitely made to warn the player. The same thing happens when MC reflects with an inner voice about relationships and other things.

Last edited:

Kpyna

Dec 16, 2022
This is one of the situations that worries me, we already saw that in the fight with Caleb, no matter how well the MC fights, he is not “allowed” to win, the maximum that DPC allows is a draw, so make the MC lose purpose for the sake of the plot, it's not impossible.

I hope that doesn't happen.
DPC even implemented a truly fake fight mini-game in EP9, just to shock the player after any first QTE combo he did. Even while brawler app in phone is blocked (he planned an upgrade). DPC could just ignore this part and make a scene with a punch and after then Vinny immediately draws the gun. Was it a waste of time or a some kind of warning? I bet on second option. If MC would try to fight with him again in some deserted place, it may end poorly. At least if MC will not have a clue that gun he was threatened with was a real one.

MC of course will not be killed, but the option of injury is not excluded. Firstly, obviously, the game ends with an MC's death, and this does not happen in this genre, at least not in half of the game, lol. Secondly, it is a good juicy drama and definitely real consequences for previous decisions that deserve a branch in the plot, if so. Finally - DPC promised that BADIK is a mostly lighthearted story, so I'm not sure even in injury or death of some MGs / SGs or some major AND positive characters which we know. In such a case it's definitely not a lighthearted story then.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Well, while we don't know the whole ins and outs of their business relationship, at the moment we can only speculate. Just by following a healthy logic:

1. Vinny is quite dangerous, because from a former party-goer and a life-waster, he turned into a criminal and a complete scumbag. This is not a local junkie who sells weed in the yard. And we know perfectly well that Vinny buys more than just weed from Buddy.

2. Cowardice has absolutely nothing to do with it. Criminal activities is not a battle of knights and concepts of honor don't work here. MC literally did nothing to him, just retorted (more than justified), but Vinny was the first to go into conflict, and even if MC chooses a Chick option, he still threatens him with a gun. So Lily and Quinn aren't safe either. Apparently, Lily had known him for at least a year and he was her first dealer. I don't think her words about "he shouldn't know about it" are an empty sound or forcing the situation for the sake of drama. She must know him well enough to have a reason to say so. Quinn also know Vinny quite well, while they spent about a year together while he was still in college and DIKs. Quinn is concerned that he threatened MC with a gun, but her reaction is not "wow" or "how can this be", bc she mostly expected such behavior from him.

3. Let Vinny deal with Quinn? And now she have to put her over to him? This is a nasty and vile act. Quinn didn't want this herself, Lily was interested in this in the first place when she found out that Quinn's was selling shit cheaper and wanted to buy from her and drop Vinny, fucking him back in such way. Apparently, Quinn told her that they get shit from the same source (from Buddy), which is why Lily tells her friends in such detail exactly how Vinny fooled them and that there is no need to worry about the quality, because it's the same, only cheaper.

4. The real source of the problems is Tommy. He was the one who decided to drag Vinny back to where he left from, because of harboring a grudge against Quinn. He also very badly framed the MC, by presenting the really dangerous Vinny as a kind of freak and a fool who was just fucking around with a dummy gun. Although he had no choice, if he had told the truth, MC would probably have called the cops for real, and that would have been the end of DIKs, HOTs and many other characters.

5. In the game, de facto, at least 5 antagonists are clearly visible. Stefan, Vinnie, Buddy, Mick, Quinn. It's still unclear how Quinn's character will develop and whether there are any choices we could make to guide her down one path or another, or whether her fate is already sealed in the plot.

Mick:

View attachment 2694281

I'm impressed with such logic, seriously :rolleyes:

Stupid idiot with a gun or "smart" criminal with a gun, it doesn't make sense when you get shot. They WAS dangerous, while it's you(MC), who was really stupid. Or MC just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, as it usually happens. Vinny is clearly don't look like a stupid person. Impulsive or reckless one - maybe, but not an idiot. Even he is walking with a gun on him, I doubt he was ready to shot MC in DIKs mansion, next to a bunch of witnesses. He, as well, don't make an impression of a person, who want to end his life in a prison, at least he accepts the risks by doing what he do, but I doubt that he want to fuck up and being arrested for such a stupid reason, like, shooting to somebody in a public place crowded with people. But even if MC called for police, as he wanted to, I doubt that they would able to catch Vinny that time. He did it to threaten and maybe warn MC to not fuck with him. If we will have another scene with a gun in the future, I think it may happen not on campus, but somewhere else. Maybe on Quinn path, she could be the one to get MC into trouble, she asked MC to be her bodyguard. And we know that they have to visit Buddy's lair, it's a place where Vinny also lurking around from time to time. On MGs branches it's probably could be a Tommy. It's hard to guess now, how it could be implemented, but why not? On MGs branches Quinn have nothing with MC, especially when it's J&M or Jill ones. But I don't think that future dealing with Vinny will be exclusive to Quinn path.

Dog - this is both a mockery and a warning.

"little puppy" - if MC tries to be as correct as possible (Chick)
"dog that barks but doesn't bite" - if MC is just rude to him and asks him to fuck off (Neutral)
"rabid dog" - if MC punches him and says that rabid dogs get put down (DIK)

Zoey warns MC after he punching Oscar, that it may end bad for him sometime. Even considering that this is a game, but sometimes it is useful to pay attention to such hints from the author, because they are definitely made to warn the player. The same thing happens when MC reflects with an inner voice about relationships and other things.
Damn well said, there is nothing to add about the scene with Vinny. I just wanted to note that the difference between a criminal and a law-abiding person is precisely this, the criminal is not afraid of the consequences. Well, obviously no one wants to be caught and convicted, so he can just threaten and pressure his opponent while trying to master the situation in his favor. But if it comes to a direct conflict and he has the advantage of a gun, then be sure that he will use this gun the moment he decides that you are a threat, and the consequences of this will worry him in the last place.

sampow

May 14, 2023
So, guys, what are the current theories about the black box?
My first guess was that it's Vinnie's stash with some sort of healing powder inside, it was well enough hidden for a trashed library, but after the MC decided to take up residence there, Vinny paid a surprise visit to pick up his stuff and got mad, when he didn't found it.
View attachment 2694005
So here's my theory. I posted it a while ago, in another life, so I'll post it anew (and run it through chatGPT so no one can see the blatant plagiarism :p):

When Vinny joins the DIKs, he goes batshit weird, trashing his own room:
But it's all a bit of subterfuge, to keep people out, and hide his stash (or whatever).

Vinny starts acting like he's the vice prez and eventually gets into a fight with Tommy and it's expulsion for you motherfucker! :mad:

But Vinny has left something important at the mansion. Not some lame li'l eight ball, but something really expensive... and smalll. :unsure:

During the Cathy Cluck freeroam, we hear that the laptop has been found in the library, but we find Nick still searching for something in the library. Is he really looking for the already-found laptop? Or is he looking for something for Vinny? :unsure:

Anyway, Nick the DIK doesn't find whatever it is he's looking for, so it's time to escalate things...

The mansion is trashed, and I don't believe for a second it was the Alphas. It's a frame job: dildos, Alpha tags, the lot! Vinny and his crew have ransacked the joint and Vinny's personally looking for whatever the fuck he left there and scapegoated the Alphas in the process to cover his tracks. :mad:

But what is it they are looking for? You fucking guess it motherfuckers! (term of endearment of course):

And what's in this box? What's all the fuss about?

My guess. Whatever was in the safe is in that box. And it's like some 5ct diamond or some shit. Vinny has a history with Quinn and Buddy, so he probably has history with Rox.

I'm thinking Vinny stole whatever was in that safe, and did away with Rox (overdosed him on coke), and Quinn doesn't even know (she knows Rox overdosed on coke, just doesn't know there was foul play involved).

Hang on a second, my phone's ringing...

Nah it was just DPC, telling me to "Shut the fuck up! :eek:"

:p

Last edited:

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
So here's my theory. I posted it a while ago, in another life, so I'll post it anew (and run it through chatGPT so no one can see the blatant plagiarism :p):

When Vinny joins the DIKs, he goes batshit weird, trashing his own room:
But it's all a bit of subterfuge, to keep people out, and hide his stash (or whatever).

Vinny starts acting like he's the vice prez and eventually gets into a fight with Tommy and it's expulsion for you motherfucker! :mad:

But Vinny has left something important at the mansion. Not some lame li'l eight ball, but something really expensive... and smalll. :unsure:

During the Cathy Cluck freeroam, we hear that the laptop has been found in the library, but we find Nick still searching for something in the library. Is he really looking for the already-found laptop? Or is he looking for something for Vinny? :unsure:

Anyway, Nick the DIK doesn't find whatever it is he's looking for, so it's time to escalate things...

The mansion is trashed, and I don't believe for a second it was the Alphas. It's a frame job: dildos, Alpha tags, the lot! Vinny and his crew have ransacked the joint and Vinny's personally looking for whatever the fuck he left there and scapegoated the Alphas in the process to cover his tracks. :mad:

But what is it they are looking for? You fucking guess it motherfuckers! (term of endearment of course):

And what's in this box? What's all the fuss about?

My guess. Whatever was in the safe is in that box. And it's like some 5ct diamond or some shit. Vinny has a history with Quinn and Buddy, so he probably has history with Rox.

I'm thinking Vinny stole whatever was in that safe, and did away with Rox (overdosed him on coke), and Quinn doesn't even know (she knows Rox overdosed on coke, just doesn't know there was foul play involved).

Hang on as second, my phone's ringing...

Nah it was just DPC, telling me to shut the fuck up!

:p
Just one thing wrong with your theory.
Quinn has seen that little black box when you help her out after she gets punched. And if it came from Rox, I think she'd have recognized it, no? But instead she just grabs it, fiddles a bit with it and puts it back. I'd imagined if that was something Rox had asked her to keep quiet about, wouldn't she be wondering "WTF is this thing doing here?" and take it back?

sampow

May 14, 2023
Just one thing wrong with your theory.
Quinn has seen that little black box when you help her out after she gets punched. And if it came from Rox, I think she'd have recognized it, no? But instead she just grabs it, fiddles a bit with it and puts it back. I'd imagined if that was something Rox had asked her to keep quiet about, wouldn't she be wondering "WTF is this thing doing here?" and take it back?
Nah, the box is Vinny's, what's inside is Rox's.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
Nah, the box is Vinny's, what's in side is Rox's.
Not buying it, sorry. lol

I'm thinking there's a security deposit box key inside. Or some sort of memory cards with compromising videos of certain faculty members, thanks to Quinn's restaurant. Probably for blackmailing ppl.

But the build-up to your theory is intriguing. Because it was Odd, that Nick would immediately head for Vinny's old room under the pretense of looking for the laptop. :unsure:

Reactions: yossa999 and sampow

DMNOV3R

Nov 28, 2018
Let Vinny deal with Quinn? And now she have to put her over to him? This is a nasty and vile act.
Right, because Quinn is goodness incarnate... poor Quinn... :cry:

Quinn didn't want this herself, Lily was interested in this in the first place when she found out that Quinn's was selling shit cheaper and wanted to buy from her and drop Vinny, fucking him back in such way.
Just stop. You're not one of those guys who defend your favorite character to the death, are you? Quinn didn't want that? Quinn is broke financially, every plan she comes up with goes awry, and even Riona has realized that Quinn has no idea what she's doing. If Quinn didn't want that she should have just told Lily the truth. She should have said that she only deals drugs to B&R students as that is the only area she is allowed to sell. :rolleyes:

In the game, de facto, at least 5 antagonists are clearly visible. Stefan, Vinnie, Buddy, Mick, Quinn.
By Stefan you mean Stephen, but who the fuck is Mick? :unsure:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes