sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Ok I just spent 5 hours updating my profile picture and creating my own signatures I'm ready to talk in the big boys thread now.

So what's up guys, what's your favorite outfit so far in game?
I don't really have saves to look at clothes but I think this one is at least up there for me
View attachment 1122726
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

himdawg

Feb 12, 2021
Folks, have to be honest, I haven't even played through episode 6. Sure some stuff got "spoiled" by lurking on the thread, but I just enjoy the theories, arguments and memes too much. Should I just wait till the end of this year for episode 8 and enjoy 2 seasons from start to finish?

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Oh is it? I just went to the patreon page, no update on the release date though. Hope its true that the update before the end of the month.
He doesn't announce release dates until it's ready for release. But his last update was that he is starting play testing, which means he is 2-3 weeks from release. Which you'd know if you used the search function.

Reactions: Casmyr

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Do you think DPC enjoys playing his game?
I've only heard him talk about Badik from a business standpoint.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
He doesn't announce release dates until it's ready for release. But his last update was that he is starting play testing, which means he is 2-3 weeks from release. Which you'd know if you used the search function.
just out of curiosity, what are the terms i need to use to figure out that DPC is currently play testing and is 2-3 weeks from release?

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I've been avoiding jumping into the What's Under the Door pool until now, but here it goes:

It's not her husband, but rather it's the picture that was hanging in the reading room. We see it for first time during our drunken exploration. It's on the left-side wall:
View attachment 1115898

Then, it was on the floor the day after the whole M&J saga:
View attachment 1115902

That evening, Bella glanced at it while they were walking out of the room:
View attachment 1115908

The morning after the Cathy drama, it's gone. This is the same morning MC glances under the door.
View attachment 1115920

In the enhanced screenshots several folks have posted of what's under the door, it looks like the shoes are the bottom part of a picture in a frame with a cloth on the floor in front of it, which might have been covering it up and then removed by Bella so she could look at the picture.

As for what the picture is, now you're talking wild theory territory. But what the hell - I'll go there, too. It's her kid. The shoes could be Chuck Taylors or even hiking boots. The stepping stool and low mirror in the bathroom are obviously for a child. And, the shirt she loaned MC for yoga was short, maybe for a pre-teen. How old was the kid in the picture? Where did he (yes, gender assumed) go? Why is she packing away stuff that reminds her of him? And what's the deal with the axe (ok, probably unrelated)?

The answer to all is "I don't give a crap." Of my 9 saved routes, Bella's will always be the first I play through when updates are released. And I can say that with the confidence of knowing she's not hiding a corpse or an invalid next to her downstairs bathroom.
I can't help but think about what you wrote. The more I view this
Bella door brightness up.gif

the more I see a painting and not an actual pair of boots. You might be on to something. Definitely the best theory out there so far imo

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Of course he enjoys playing his game from a normal perspective
If a person doesn't enjoy the game he put hundreds of Hours in
Then either the game is not good or he is Retarded

• Haha
Reactions: Casmyr and MelonGod

SuperCharger

Mar 19, 2021
I know he doesn't read this message board, but:

Hey, DPC, could we please get the option to SKIP OVER THE FUCKING "REBUILD THE MANSION" TUTORIAL??!!!???

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I can't help but think about what you wrote. The more I view this
View attachment 1122845

the more I see a painting and not an actual pair of boots. You might be on to something. Definitely the best theory out there so far imo
Its possible it's some kind of a painting, judging on the thing that looks like a frame and the weird cloth/cover thing that's on the ground. It also might be the mannequin we saw in the drunk free roam event, because I don't think we run into it again afterwards.

spl00sh321

Mar 5, 2020
Folks, have to be honest, I haven't even played through episode 6. Sure some stuff got "spoiled" by lurking on the thread, but I just enjoy the theories, arguments and memes too much. Should I just wait till the end of this year for episode 8 and enjoy 2 seasons from start to finish?
Like you I started playing this game 2 weeks ago. Just finised my 1st run. If you ask me wait for new update and then start. There is many LI that I pass and will deffinetly worth starting playing from start over and over. This game have so much content that is understanding why it take so long between episodes. You will love it.

Reactions: himdawg

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Given the mother died in childbirth, I think it would somewhat difficult to keep her name off the birth certificate. Besides, kids are very curious growing up. The odds that young MC didn't want to learn about his mother approach 0%. Sure, Neil could stonewall him, but that would probably just make him more determined to find out on his own.

Unless you think Neil actively lied to the MC to conceal his mother's family (which seems out of character for the Neil we've seen), I think we can safely assume the MC knows his mother's family name.
absolutely agree with you
not even Neil's partial amnesia could justify MC not knowing his mother's real name,

surnames are simply not important to DPC, how many characters do we know of?

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
DPC

Would you still enjoy playing BaDIK yourself? Or wouldn't you enjoy it because you spent so many hours working on it?

I enjoy it in a different way than a player. I enjoy playing a scene for the first time after creating it and seeing how the episode comes together during development. I also get my enjoyment from reading fan reactions and theories as well.

Before each episode is released, I always enjoy playing the game from the beginning as part of quality assurance. I make it special by playing it on a big screen on my sofa, with a wireless keyboard and integrated mouse. Every time I play the game like that, it makes me very proud to see how much work I’ve put into it and excited for everything that's yet to come.

Nov 12, 2020
just out of curiosity, what are the terms i need to use to figure out that DPC is currently play testing and is 2-3 weeks from release?
DPC's status update on the 23rd of October for Episode 6, mentioned that he finished making all the content and he included the amount of renders/animations/songs that were finally produced. From then on he would start play testing the episode himself.
On the 30th of October, DPC indicated that Beta testing had started. Episode 6 was eventually released on the 13th of November.

We had a final status update for episode 7 on the 26th of March. This mentioned that he was finalizing the content and that he would start play testing the episode in a couple of days from then on. Since there was still some content to be produced, no final statistics in terms of renders/animations/songs were given. DPC would give us an update from the moment Beta testing would be initiated.
One week later and DPC still seems to be play testing the episode. It reflects Episode 7's huge amount of content and the difficulty of the branches that have been included. Based of the final couple of weeks before Episode 6 was released, we still have to wait 2-3 weeks for episode 7's release. Maybe one more week of DPC's playtesting and then finally two weeks for beta testing.
So if we take this into account, 23rd of April seems to be a possible release date.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
As we know, our MC will be working in EP7. (Old People's Home, Library, Pink Rose) :unsure:

Once again 3 options as in EP4. With 2 options I see a sense.:geek:

Old people's home: I think MC will meet an elderly person from whom he will get information that will help him to explore his family history.
I'm hoping for a midwife or nurse who was there when MC gave birth. (Could confirm some theory or not)

Library: On the route the MC has time to read. Sally said to the MC that no one reads this old dissertation. Yes the MC should read it and then he will find out that Stephen Burke did not get his doctorate the correct way. We know that from Jade. A wonderful leverage to get free tuition for Maya and/or Mona.
Perhaps Stephen Burke is not Stephen Burke's real name either. What if he only took the name to get his doctor's degree? :unsure:

I think the 2 theories above make sense.(y)

Pink Rose: Here MC will meet the Madame. But I don't think the Madame could know anything about MC's family history. Unless MC is a Burgermeister and he finds out about Rusty. It might also clear up a question about the Cum Petition. Rusty says on the Derek path in EP4 that there are several Cum Petitions and it is not just an initiation ritual.
What if the Cum Petition is also a recruitment test for the Pink Rose?
If the MC is not on the path of Josy/Maya, Josy and Maya are applying to the Pink Rose because they need to make money?
Maya would never make the move without Josy and Josy herself has already said that she is not errorless. (horror show for me)

But on the whole, I think the Pink Rose route will go nowhere for the MC, in terms of his family history. But at the very least, it's probably going to be pretty hot.:love:

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Naxer and Warscared
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes