Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes

Don_Ubba

Feb 12, 2018
there in comments after release 0.9 should be url to harem mod from fan of Scrapy - i don't have more info than that - but it worked for me - there no crash, some little issues, but still using it you can see most of content by one playthrough
Link pls

buggs

Apr 24, 2020
there in comments after release 0.9 should be url to harem mod from fan of Scrapy - i don't have more info than that - but it worked for me - there no crash, some little issues, but still using it you can see most of content by one playthrough
I believe this is what he's talking about:
Alright, so following up on this, I got around to work on my own take of scrappy's mod. Essentially, it has the same functionality, however I improved it a little bit (personal taste, of course).
It only works for Episode 9, though, there's no functionality for Episode 10 and the guy who made it has been MIA since like January and has only ever made the one version of the mod despite having plans to go further with it. If he actually worked on it, it would definitely be the version of the mod I'd wait for; he allowed so much flexibility with variables and stuff that it feels like Scrappy has kinda given up on.

I get why Scrappy stopped doing so many variables, people probably kept wrecking their save, crashing their game, and then complaining here, but I personally have always used the variables tab very liberally and have literally never had the game crash once. I had one singular time where the game looped in Episode 9, but I just reloaded a save and turned off Jill's route before the scene that made it loop and never had a problem again. I don't know how so many people seem to have issues with this mod. I just finished Episode 10 with the Scrappy "single" mod and once again fudged with the variables liberally, including just making myself be on all 5 paths despite the mod specifically saying you shouldn't do that... Never had an issue the entire episode lol. My only complaint was how little I could actually change things, no variables for hooking up with Heather in episode 9, no variable for whether or not you let the preps into the Halloween party. Those are some pretty basic variables for this episode that I feel like would have been added in the past.

norm7777

Dec 5, 2019
Please help me guys. When I click rewards on 2D art I get an error.
I've searched the internet and haven't found a solution. A couple of people had/have the same problem.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 23, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 245, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 246, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 252, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 252, in <module>
TypeError: 'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3735, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 23, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 245, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 246, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 252, in execute
  File "game/scripts/rewards/rewards_2d.rpy", line 252, in <module>
TypeError: 'bool' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Being a DIK 0.9.1
Wed Feb  8 17:01:58 2023
Bump, I didnt have mod installed and got the above error, thought putting the mod in on the outside chance it would by pass the error. nope still getting it what this user is getting above.

Since it takes a year for an update I was thinking about blowing everything away and starting from fresh, but didnt really want too.

thoughts / comments???

Last edited:

Lidaweeb

Dec 27, 2022
no, it will be really hard to make a walkthrough for those considering they are random generated.
Scrappy never did something like that before? damn those tests are hard especially the math test I hope he can find a method to do something about them

PEscobar

Oct 5, 2022
I have a technical question how can you create an AutoHotKey for he game I have the code but Not sure how to script it for Ren'Py. I can script in PowerShell, VB-script but I am not a python programmer so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

X2Z

Aug 8, 2017
since this mod doesn't seem to be compatible with mac for god knows what reason, anyone got recommendations for a different mod i can use?

cbing92

Apr 26, 2020
Hey fellas! Can anyone please help me with the issue here?

I played the previous version with scrappy's mod installed, and with the new version I am getting an exception while trying to load any save with or without the mod added. I have around 10 different paths which I played over a month and it will be very hard to replay it all again(Interlude, sigh!) Adding the traceback if it helps.

And, I don't change variable values in any of my playthroughs. I only use the mod to track the progress and see where to go next during a free roam.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 30 Votes