Ren'Py Abandoned Ben X Slave Quest [v0.05e] [Newman&Akanoes]

2.90 star(s) 25 Votes

Raven2122

May 12, 2017
no they are still working on it just at a slow rate i found the demo a year ago and its only got to 0.0.2b

Kylar Stern

Jul 29, 2017
I'm just shocked that with all the talk of wardrobe functions and whatnot that there would be more, at the very least I could spend the downtime between updates by changing the wardrobe of the characters. I have to wonder, did we get a public watered down version? And if so does this mean that the Patreon version fulfills my dark desires?

Fancytophat

Jun 25, 2018
I'm loving this game so far! Only complaint is that combat feels a bit clunky but I love the art! I'll be keeping an eye on this ^-^

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Dang I thought this was abandoned hope this gets more Gwen in it too :biggrin:

Incognymous

May 6, 2017
Well.... this is disappointing.
When playing this game one would expect to fuck Gwen or at least something?!
Instead we get an nude, but obstructed Charmcaster giving head and jerking-off to a nude, but slightly covered sleeping Shar.

As for the plot, it's good.
The only thing that could slow this down drastically which is now apparent, is the combat system.
The combat system may just turn the code way too complicated

Reactions: Kylar Stern

qq47

Aug 4, 2018
2 years of development and ... Nothing. Arts are good but the game is almost empty: no content.

Hope the developers will keep working, I wish them more productivity. It is one of the secrets for getting more reward on Patreon.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I'm just shocked that with all the talk of wardrobe functions and whatnot that there would be more, at the very least I could spend the downtime between updates by changing the wardrobe of the characters. I have to wonder, did we get a public watered down version? And if so does this mean that the Patreon version fulfills my dark desires?
Nope. It would be better for me to keep quiet and have you join, but wardrobe choices will be available from 0.03 onwards. We have it coded already, we're just not at that point in the story just yet.

Reactions: Kylar Stern

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I understand your concerns. It's been ages since this started, and it's been frustrating as hell for me that it's been so. No one has wanted to move forward at a faster pace than me, I can assure you. I love Ben X, it's the first game I've worked on that I can say I'm proud to be working on, and making NSFW scenes is a blast. Apart from the fact that Ben X is made on any free time we have after work, even when I'm tired as fuck, -we don't earn enough on Patreon yet to be able to do anything else, even though that's our goal- the game's had a lot of problems in the past, before Akanoes came in, and it is really from that point (4 months ago) that the project found its footing. The code has been changed. Almost all of it. What I want to say is, the team is strong now, and the differences between the demo and this version more than prove it. I hope you can see that, and hopefully keep an eye on our progress regardless of our past. As our patrons know for the art they get in the Goodie Packs, there's a ton of sex scenes and cool mechanics on the road. That's why they are so excited to see what's next. So, maybe you aren't convinced just yet... but I believe, if you like what you've played here, most of you will.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
Well.... this is disappointing.
When playing this game one would expect to fuck Gwen or at least something?!
Instead we get an nude, but obstructed Charmcaster giving head and jerking-off to a nude, but slightly covered sleeping Shar.

As for the plot, it's good.
The only thing that could slow this down drastically which is now apparent, is the combat system.
The combat system may just turn the code way too complicated
Thanks for liking the plot at least :D Combat didn't slow the project down, though. Akanoes made it from scratch in 2-3 months.

Foxial Kidsia

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for liking the plot at least :D Combat didn't slow the project down, though. Akanoes made it from scratch in 2-3 months.
I heard that Gwen is in the patreon goodie packs, if this is true you should tell them so that you can get more subscribers as to entice them to help and donate.

Newman

Game Developer
Aug 8, 2017
I heard that Gwen is in the patreon goodie packs, if this is true you should tell them so that you can get more subscribers as to entice them to help and donate.
Man, ALL the girls are in the Goodie Packs :D I've now released 15, with a total of 196 files between sketches, illustrations, documents and other stuff like logos and avatars. And some pics have 3 or 4 images in them. All that time I was waiting for the code before Akanoes came in wasn't wasted! 196 files, mate. And all new patrons get access to ALL of the previously released ones too :D

MadDany

Jul 9, 2017
I know money can motivate you guys to do more in a faster pace. It is completely understandable.

Heck, the current version alone is enough for anyone to be convinced to support you! Perhaps look for other forums, stores etc. where you can release it. Show it off more, don't rely on just patreon and f95zone to advertise for you.

One thing i know about the adult gaming industry, especially on the west, that it's a very quiet place (For now). So you need to spread the word more. The art and writing is top notch and it would be a shame to see such a project slow down to a halt.

Reactions: Newman
2.90 star(s) 25 Votes