Nov 9, 2023
Just dropping a quick preview. Nothing special. UltraScenery is such a beautiful asset. It creates amazing environments.

It also makes my computer cry.

My main development system is running a Ryzen 7700X, 128gb of memory, and a 4090. This environment brings it to a screeching halt lol. But DAMN it's pretty.

View attachment 3520937
"But DAMN it's pretty"...

...So are the girls! :love:

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Gwydion

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Just dropping a quick preview. Nothing special. UltraScenery is such a beautiful asset. It creates amazing environments.

It also makes my computer cry.

My main development system is running a Ryzen 7700X, 128gb of memory, and a 4090. This environment brings it to a screeching halt lol. But DAMN it's pretty.

View attachment 3520937
I have no actual knowledge of this, I'm just trying to think outside the box ...

Would it save time to do two passes of the scene -- one with just the background and one with just the characters -- and then merge the resulting images? Or would that not work due to lighting and shadows?

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
I have no actual knowledge of this, I'm just trying to think outside the box ...

Would it save time to do two passes of the scene -- one with just the background and one with just the characters -- and then merge the resulting images? Or would that not work due to lighting and shadows?
The rendering itself isn't a problem. I do it in a queue on the now two render rigs I have, in addition to the primary development system. Both of those other systems are running 3090 Ti's. The problem is that when I try to preview the scene (basically a low grade render that normally takes far less time), Daz just kinda locks up for a LONG time. So previewing is not feasible.

Why is that a problem? Well, kinda difficult to get proper poses, camera angles, depth of field, lighting, etc etc etc, when I can't preview the shot :p So, it took me about 4x the normal time to get decent lighting setup, and it's still below what I'd like it to be. It'll have to do though. When the scene renders, my beta team will go through the shots and look for problems. Anything that is really bad will have to get a redo. Just adds time to the work.

Woe is me! Pity me! Everyone should go join my Patreon! (is it working? Mom? Are they signing up?)

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The rendering itself isn't a problem. I do it in a queue on the now two render rigs I have, in addition to the primary development system. Both of those other systems are running 3090 Ti's. The problem is that when I try to preview the scene (basically a low grade render that normally takes far less time), Daz just kinda locks up for a LONG time. So previewing is not feasible.
Achah - Coming to America.gif
Why is that a problem? Well, kinda difficult to get proper poses, camera angles, depth of field, lighting, etc etc etc, when I can't preview the shot :p So, it took me about 4x the normal time to get decent lighting setup, and it's still below what I'd like it to be. It'll have to do though. When the scene renders, my beta team will go through the shots and look for problems. Anything that is really bad will have to get a redo. Just adds time to the work.
Of Course It Does GoT.gif
Woe is me! Pity me! Everyone should go join my Patreon! (is it working? Mom? Are they signing up?)
*This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017

Can't you pose and check light with environment toggled off and then throw it back for render?

Drooskati

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2020
Can't you pose and check light with environment toggled off and then throw it back for render?
Yes, but also no. Without the environment, the light bounce isn't calculated correctly. Daz isn't smart enough for it. So even if it looks right with the environment turned off, it could change significantly when you turn it back on.

So I am resorting to doing "spot renders". Basically, every few shots (or if I do a major change) I'll start a render and wait for 2-3 minutes while it loads everything into memory and begins to render. I let it go long enough for me to validate that it looks basically how I need it to look and then cancel it and move on.

Reactions: jaw1986baby
4.40 star(s) 56 Votes