Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
Art looks really good (really familiar too) and I'm obligated to indulge in anything with tentacles.

Re-boner Ocelot

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2020
Wow, I really missed how my game was moved in this thread. And I'm very surprised at how many comments have already appeared here. The only shame is that I started my page on Patreon only a few days ago and so far I have pretty nothing to show, not counting the art that I have already drawn, but I do not even know if I should put them there because they are already publicly available in the folder of the game itself.

But I can assure you: I am actively working and there will be much more content in the near future.
And yes, I will try to get the rights over this post. At least to fix that stupid description. That has nothing to do with the game itself.

And, yeah, this game is not quite about tentacles, It just has to do with the story. But there will be tentacles. Sometimes.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Wow, I really missed how my game was moved in this thread. And I'm very surprised at how many comments have already appeared here. The only shame is that I started my page on Patreon only a few days ago and so far I have pretty nothing to show, not counting the art that I have already drawn, but I do not even know if I should put them there because they are already publicly available in the folder of the game itself.

But I can assure you: I am actively working and there will be much more content in the near future.
And yes, I will try to get the rights over this post. At least to fix that stupid description. That has nothing to do with the game itself.

And, yeah, this game is not quite about tentacles, It just has to do with the story. But there will be tentacles. Sometimes.
Write a new text and I'll change the overview.

Re-boner Ocelot

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2020
Write a new text and I'll change the overview.
Strange, I just created my 3rd post and I thought that now I will get the right to post in this thread, but it looks like...I still can't.

Anyway, do I have to just write text here, in the comment section?

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Strange, I just created my 3rd post and I thought that now I will get the right to post in this thread, but it looks like...I still can't.

Anyway, do I have to just write text here, in the comment section?
Yes, or send me a PM.

Thisisfunny

Aug 11, 2020
Not bad but I did get a error when checking out rooms in the castle and I was sad when to find out that enemies do not respawn.

Re-boner Ocelot

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2020
Not bad but I did get a error when checking out rooms in the castle and I was sad when to find out that enemies do not respawn.
Can you please describe what error did you get?
And yup, enemies are not respawning just because it's rather illogical that they reappear if you've already defeated them. But they show up the next day.

fantom2u

Mar 14, 2018
Love the art, and the concept so far. I had a crash after the fight with the Imperial Inspector, as I was leaving crossing back over the bridge, the dialogue box popped up and thoughts or narration was starting then boom, game just closed.

AJlyKarD

Aug 11, 2018
Does it just crash at the loading stage?

Please, if anyone else downloaded it and at some point, it crashes or didn't even launch, please let me know. Because I can't be sure that if it runs on my computer, will it run on others or not. Maybe I missed something.
Windows 7 32bit, I launch the game, and as shown on the screenshot nothing happens.

Thisisfunny

Aug 11, 2020
Can you please describe what error did you get?
And yup, enemies are not respawning just because it's rather illogical that they reappear if you've already defeated them. But they show up the next day.
Currently I cannot get it to repeat but what happened was I went into the shower room (to the left) and as I left the room an error came up with it saying press F5 to restart.

fleck

Aug 27, 2018
Just played through it and it's a fairly good game so far.
Some stuff is different from what I got used to in RPGM games, like actual doors for rooms or a single tile with indicator for a scene change. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but this indicator is hard to see in dark environments like the prison, so you might want to exchange it for something brighter there.
One of those changes can actually end really bad though: Autosave overwriting the player save file instead of using another slot. Autosaves can and will happen in bad spots, making them ill-suited to be the main save. Case in point: I encountered a bug trapping me on the meadow. Since the autosave overwrote my file when I entered the meadow, the whole save file is essentially lost.

Another thing I noticed (playing on joiplay, so it might be related to that instead of the game itself) is the enormous memory usage after a while. My record was 1.5GB cleared with only this game open...

I also don't think it's currently possible to avoid any fight apart from the sidequest. Once an enemy notices you, they're speed incarnated. And since their detection range is not exactly the smallest, there's no hope to not get noticed. That's not quite an issue since you can always go back to the castle without enemies respawning though.

And a last QoL change: some textboxes for when you hit a switch or a healing tile would be nice. The most that can currently happen is elevated blood pressure when you hit up a boss with a thought to be dying party, but still.

While this seems like a lot, it's really just two negatives (Memory usage and autosave), the rest is more like neutral at worst.

I really like how ambiguous Eliza is as to what and who she is, apart from the Keeper of the castle, keep that up :D

Definitely keeping an eye on this for now

Re-boner Ocelot

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2020
Just played through it and it's a fairly good game so far.
Some stuff is different from what I got used to in RPGM games, like actual doors for rooms or a single tile with indicator for a scene change. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but this indicator is hard to see in dark environments like the prison, so you might want to exchange it for something brighter there.
One of those changes can actually end really bad though: Autosave overwriting the player save file instead of using another slot. Autosaves can and will happen in bad spots, making them ill-suited to be the main save. Case in point: I encountered a bug trapping me on the meadow. Since the autosave overwrote my file when I entered the meadow, the whole save file is essentially lost.

Another thing I noticed (playing on joiplay, so it might be related to that instead of the game itself) is the enormous memory usage after a while. My record was 1.5GB cleared with only this game open...

I also don't think it's currently possible to avoid any fight apart from the sidequest. Once an enemy notices you, they're speed incarnated. And since their detection range is not exactly the smallest, there's no hope to not get noticed. That's not quite an issue since you can always go back to the castle without enemies respawning though.

And a last QoL change: some textboxes for when you hit a switch or a healing tile would be nice. The most that can currently happen is elevated blood pressure when you hit up a boss with a thought to be dying party, but still.

While this seems like a lot, it's really just two negatives (Memory usage and autosave), the rest is more like neutral at worst.

I really like how ambiguous Eliza is as to what and who she is, apart from the Keeper of the castle, keep that up :D

Definitely keeping an eye on this for now
Thanks for such informative feedback, I'll definitely note these things for myself to deal with later. Speaking of encounters, the real question is that "do you really have to skip some enemies and why". And honestly, right now I don't have an answer. I will find the answer to the question when I will understand exactly what gameplay experience I want to create because it's so complex and even enemy skipping possibility playing a big role, like in dark souls, where you can skip all the enemies just to save estus charges for the boss battle.

In short, it's hard to deal with all these aspects when you're just an artist in the first place. But I'll do my best. Probably should play some other games, or talk to more experienced developers.

• Wow
Reactions: fleck
4.00 star(s) 17 Votes