3.10 star(s) 92 Votes

greenymph

Oct 2, 2016
I hope I don't break any rule of discussion, but I noticed there are many "Big Brother" games and I was wondering what is the order to play (if there's one) even if some of them are abandoned.
I would recomend you to start with the original by Dark Silver you can find here and then this one. All others are just failed atempts at rebooting the game, or fan made packs put together with a wide difference in style, pace and tastes.
You can also try Glamour, also developed by Dark Silver, but be warned the quality is abysmal. I won't go into another rant about Dark Silver, my personal thoughts about his talent are well known already.

Hope it helps.

Yotobi

Mar 31, 2020
I would recomend you to start with the original by Dark Silver you can find here and then this one. All others are just failed atempts at rebooting the game, or fan made packs put together with a wide difference in style, pace and tastes.
You can also try Glamour, also developed by Dark Silver, but be warned the quality is abysmal. I won't go into another rant about Dark Silver, my personal thoughts about his talent are well known already.

Hope it helps.
great, appreciated it very much, thank you

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
When replacements for the old renderings were announced, I did not expect a complete redesign,
Even as I am looking forward to see what he changed - which should be more than just the interface - I am not thrilled however that I have to restart from day 1.
I don't mind a complete redesign. What I have potential issues with is that unless he plans to reuse a significant percentage of his existing renders rather than redoing them all we're going to take a massive step back in content and it's going to take a long time to catch up to where he was before. It doesn't really matter how much of the code and dialog he can repurpose. That's not really the driving force behind the time commitment. Setting up the scenes and render time are the big drivers for time commitment. So redoing all of the renders would mean he's throwing out hundreds if not thousands of hours of already completed work for minor improvements in the same scenes.

Even if he had a mythical system that could render images instantly it still takes significant time to set up each scene. Say 30 minutes per image or something depending on how much posing is involved and what sort of effects you're going for. There's really no way around that.

It would make a lot more sense to just say hey as of the next version I'm updating to gen 8 or gen 9 so the models are going to change slightly and be more detailed than before. The older scenes are going to be unchanged unless there are particular scenes he's really unhappy with and wants to redo. That kind of approach would be fine since most of the existing renders could be reused and minimal time would need to be wasted redoing scenes that are already done.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Say 30 minutes per image or something depending on how much posing is involved and what sort of effects you're going for. There's really no way around that.
You forget all the work he puts in to reduce the space on your hard drive and making various clothing and various poses possible by using layers instead of full images :) I think, it's a LOT more than 30 minutes per scene.
And that's just the rendering and image cutting. Most time is spend with setting up the scenes in the first place. If you look at the preview screens, it's not just remakes of the existing scenes, he changed locations, positions, lights and also seems to have added new ones.

And no, most likely he won't rerender everything. Some stuff looks absolutely ok, after he changed the visual style (like catching Lisa while changing, there's nothing wrong with these pics). I thinkt it's the really really old stuff like Lisa in the bath or some Alice at the pool scenes that he focuses on.

Really, discussing here how he should do his work ... is that really going to change anything?

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
You forget all the work he puts in to reduce the space on your hard drive and making various clothing and various poses possible by using layers instead of full images :) I think, it's a LOT more than 30 minutes per scene.
Yeah it really depends on what you're trying to do, how many characters, how much posing is involved, how many lights, whether it's low light, whether you're going for some shadow effects, reflections, etc. When I was making my mod it almost always took me longer to set up the scene than it did to render it.

Reactions: Nemo56

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
According to the dev, the update will just be a demo containing the first day and its scheduled to be released today or tomorrow.
3 months for a demo featuring only the 1st day. Nothing even happens on the the first day iirc.

Maybe Nietzsche was right when he said, "Either the entire rework is done by the next update or Gott ist tot". Truly, a man ahead of his time.

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
Zellemate: (Today)
how is the build / update going? Will we see it before months end?

Aleksey90:

Today or tomorrow the first day of the game will be finished and sent for translation. While this is being tested, I will finish up some extras for the morning of day two of the game. It's just that many moments of the game are implemented immediately far in advance.

Does this mean only 1 day is playable when the new update gets released ?

Aleksey90:
I wouldn't call it an update. It's an introduction to the changes in the game.

roger, so these "updates to the game" will come when updates gets released to the game monthly/by-monthly, nice and steady/slowly right ?

Aleksey90:

Familiarization is necessary because not all changes may please the players.

Big Brother Another Story(ID):(Today)
Day 1 is

They come to new house
Max unpack boxes
See alice smoking
Lisa goes to school
Max finds camera

Or there will be Another Story
Still as far as I know Day 1 alone has more scenes than what there will be in next 3 days. Combined

Aleksey90:
On the first day of the game there is something that was not in the game at all before. Some of what was there has changed.

BigRedRadio

Oct 8, 2022
how is the build / update going? Will we see it before months end?

Aleksey90:
Today or tomorrow the first day of the game will be finished and sent for translation. While this is being tested, I will finish up some extras for the morning of day two of the game. It's just that many moments of the game are implemented immediately far in advance.

Does this mean only 1 day is playable when the new update gets released ?

Aleksey90:
I wouldn't call it an update. It's an introduction to the changes in the game.

roger, so these "updates to the game" will come when updates gets released to the game monthly/by-monthly, nice and steady/slowly right ?

Aleksey90:
Familiarization is necessary because not all changes may please the players.

Big Brother Another Story(ID):(Today)
Day 1 is

They come to new house
Max unpack boxes
See alice smoking
Lisa goes to school
Max finds camera

Or there will be Another Story
Still as far as I know Day 1 alone has more scenes than what there will be in next 3 days. Combined

Aleksey90:
On the first day of the game there is something that was not in the game at all before. Some of what was there has changed.
Lol I think pleasing all the players is out of the question, but you follow your plan (unless there's room in the plan for more Kira than follow a more Kira plan)

Bestinian

Nov 3, 2021
The Olivia Lisa route was a nightmare as it blocked the Lisa and Olivia routes later in the game. I don't even want to think how many real and game days I was grinding at that getting nowhere. It needs a root and branch redesign, the number of threads which didn't inform other threads they where relevant toso you'd have full sex with someone on one opportunity but they'd be shy about kissing you in another it's noticeable that Dark Silver has altered the system in his Glamour reworking and for now simplified the number of threads) there's still about 9000% dangling plot threads that go nowhere or peter out to nothing but I think Another Story and BB In Space have the right idea
It was a nightmare because it wasn't designed to integrate well and was dropped. Probably because a lot of people didn't like having Lisa giving her BF head before the big breakup happened and Max was with the two girls in a thruple. But towards the end when DS decided to "integrate" the two plots, he more or less decided to start over from scratch, and suddenly the sexually liberated and super fun Olivia was a shy girl who barely interacted with Lisa and had a treadmill standard progression route with the MC, each route was a completely different character.

It would have been easy to integrate most of the solo Lisa content into the thruple route, and most of the Olivia/Lisa content into the mentor route. Just have Lisa "practicing" with the MC sans Kira for all of the BJs and other stuff, and Add the later Lisa/Olivia scenes to the mentor route, could even reuse the vast majority of renders.

The issue I think many sandbox games have is that so many have routes that are mutually exclusive, which does NOT work well with a grinding game. Hell even the BB games have a hard break on whether or not Erik is in the house, which causes its own set of issues, because once he is gone, every bit of the driving narrative force vanishes and there is no conflict. One of the reasons the Glamour route is so boring, there is nothing pushing Max do do anything other than his libido, and nothing in the way other than grinding.

There ARE ways around this, Photo Hunt does an ok job, as do some other sandboxes never set an antagonist in the first place, so expectations aren't there for the MC to do anything but try and get laid.

hawklan

Apr 27, 2018
I just hope this game gets finished. And the developer can move on to finish other abandoned games. There is a big market for it.

2dark2

Oct 22, 2017
Who remembers how much content was in the first version of bbas?
curious for comparison with reprocessing

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 92 Votes