3.10 star(s) 92 Votes

HerrBalrog

Nov 13, 2017
In general - I am enjoying this VN but I see some major holes in it.

Some things that are lacking and seem obvious as adds:

* Why have an exercise statistic from the start of the game - and then give the MC no way to improve?

He is regularly derided by Eric as someone who is out of shape and being told that he will be sent away to a military camp to fix this, but we are given no choice to do anything to improve exercise, not even to buy a couple of 10 pound barbells or an exercise book.

* Why have the MC be smart enough to help Lisa with her homework and still have no way to get his GED (high school equivalent diploma)?

Again - Eric derides him as an underachiever who never graduated high school and then we have no way to improve an education statistic.

The classes on communication, massage, and learning the web book all could count towards improving an education statistic but there is no skill to develop - no way to get his GED or to start taking classes for college credit.

The MC starts out as a Beta but we are not given the tools to turn him into anything but a sneak who cannot defend himself against the criticisms of Eric - our persuasion skill means nothing to the Mom in terms of avoiding forced NTR pathing (Lisa sex-ed with Eric on the war path). The MC - someone with at least some basic tech knowledge, is not even bothering to record the 'private' Eric conversations where Eric threatens him, giving him proof about Eric's intent that the MC can play for Alice, Lisa and perhaps Kira (since Ann would never believe him given Eric's control over her) to try to warn them about Eric and gain allies in the house.

So far - we have a partial blackmail path - but no guarantee that we will be able to stop the NTR before it takes over one or both sisters (the Mom is already under Eric's spell and it seems like he may take Kira as well).

For me, it is wait for 2-3 more updates and see what has changed/improved, then decide if this is a VN I want to not only play but support via Patreon. It was worth a few hours of time to try it out but not more than that for rev 0.6.5. For those of you who feel differently and you really like the state of this VN, please consider supporting the creator via Patreon or his support platform of choice.
Most of those stats are reminiscent of the original game and not Aleksey's creation. Bear in mind that while he did add a few features like watching the cameras, the majority of the game's engine/system is still the original BB by Dark Silver, and I believe it would be a lot of work to remove stuff that doesn't actually harm the game or the progression, work that can and should be used to further the story and/or expand existing "opportunities".

Pervie-Dan

May 1, 2017
He rewrote the game in different engine and still selected to implement those features in unfinished state.
Maybe he has plans for them? Aleksey has said that there will be other locations coming like a massage parlour, so there might be other things coming for stats that are not currently used.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Most of those stats are reminiscent of the original game and not Aleksey's creation. Bear in mind that while he did add a few features like watching the cameras, the majority of the game's engine/system is still the original BB by Dark Silver, and I believe it would be a lot of work to remove stuff that doesn't actually harm the game or the progression, work that can and should be used to further the story and/or expand existing "opportunities".
You mentioned that it would be a lot of work to remove features and that work should be spent to further the story or expand existing opportunities.

My point was not to remove the exercise 'feature' - it was to actually use it.

If we can add a kissing stat once we learn that skill, then why not add an education stat as well?

As to new opportunities - I think giving players the choice to remain a Beta (no exercise, no education, no ability to use the persuasion skill to prevent forced NTR pathing of Lisa)

OR

Give the player the ability to work on becoming an Alpha - exercise, education, persuasion skill that can actually be used on key decisions to Stop Eric.

Instead - we are being prepped by the creator for the next update which will focus on a difficult to implement mini-game - that is where most of the work is being done.

HerrBalrog

Nov 13, 2017
You mentioned that it would be a lot of work to remove features and that work should be spent to further the story or expand existing opportunities.

My point was not to remove the exercise 'feature' - it was to actually use it.

If we can add a kissing stat once we learn that skill, then why not add an education stat as well?

As to new opportunities - I think giving players the choice to remain a Beta (no exercise, no education, no ability to use the persuasion skill to prevent forced NTR pathing of Lisa)

OR

Give the player the ability to work on becoming an Alpha - exercise, education, persuasion skill that can actually be used on key decisions to Stop Eric.

Instead - we are being prepped by the creator for the next update which will focus on a difficult to implement mini-game - that is where most of the work is being done.
Welcome to the tough life of a BB fan :HideThePain:

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
I'm still getting this, and no, I'm not buying a new PC. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1213785
This link should help:

1. Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started.
  2. From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.
  3. Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py.

Jan 9, 2020
i don`t like games where dev give us new update with bugs then give us 1 fix to improve game but make new mess then give us 3-4 new fix with more mess and run ! and what we do ask each others how to continue playing but we can`t !!! easy way is to delete game and continue ! i can`t play this because lot of bugs and play other games !!!

Reactions: slavik_167

legolasbaler

Sep 15, 2017
i don`t like games where dev give us new update with bugs then give us 1 fix to improve game but make new mess then give us 3-4 new fix with more mess and run ! and what we do ask each others how to continue playing but we can`t !!! easy way is to delete game and continue ! i can`t play this because lot of bugs and play other games !!!
What's stopping you from downloading the latest version of the game and starting over ? Download and play for your pleasure.

• Angry
Reactions: Y.Gromov

SomeOldFart

Nov 18, 2017
This link should help:

1. Hold down Shift while starting Ren'Py, or press Shift+G once Ren'Py has started.
  2. From the "Graphics Acceleration" menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.
  3. Choose "Quit", then restart Ren'Py.
Forcing the 2nd choice worked!!! :)

Thank You!!! :)

onodamakoto

Mar 4, 2021
Today I saw some website have the updated version of 0.06.5.06 Extra
So is this will also update to 0.06.5.06 Extra also?

3.10 star(s) 92 Votes