Shape

Dec 7, 2017
Maybe DS can make new game, same characters than Big Brother but new story. Still incest and same roles.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Maybe DS can make new game, same characters than Big Brother but new story. Still incest and same roles.
As far as I've seen he has already introduced some Big Brother into his new/old game Glamour.

tecmoxninja

Jul 15, 2017
Now with all that said, I do agree. I don't think DS was interested in this project anymore. Whether his lack of drive came from the fact his game was being cracked and pirated, or he had to wrap up the Eric angle faster than he had planned because of the backlash, or he lost focus and didn't know how to wrap up the game, or he just lost all ambition on the project. Maybe it's a combination of these and/or other factors.

I am also of your own opinion..... and we are not the only ones to think of it.

Having put Erik too quickly out of the game made him deviate too much from the idea of the game he wanted to propose... he had to edit too much stuff and he didn't know how to go on.
Usually changing in the running for a developer is never easy!

Reactions: bacchusplateau

btpirg

Aug 7, 2016
Umm, I think you are slightly wrong with your facts. It is true that SSR7 got hit with a DMCA over the title of the game. I can't remember what it was now, but instead of Unlimited, it was an actual DC title. SSR7 & Smokeshank ponied up for a lawyer and they just had to change the title as the art was all new and not assets from DC. I was a patron until late last year and there is constant talk of SU on their Patreon - updates, news of new releases, pictures of upcoming events, etc. I personally am not sure if Patreon actually shut down their site or if was just DC lawyers coming after the creators, as I was not a patron then.

Now, BB & DS is a totally different fruit. His problem wasn't copyright infringement, but breaking Patreon's rules. No incest. BB was rightfully concerned with losing his financial stream and maybe he saw how Patreon was cracking down on other developers and he didn't want to risk it.

Now
with all that said, I do agree. I don't think DS was interested in this project anymore. Whether his lack of drive came from the fact his game was being cracked and pirated, or he had to wrap up the Eric angle faster than he had planned because of the backlash, or he lost focus and didn't know how to wrap up the game, or he just lost all ambition on the project. Maybe it's a combination of these and/or other factors. In my opinion it is unfortunate. I don't think the game itself is spectacular, but DS knows what he is doing when it comes to rendering images!
Way back when they posted that Patreon got the cease and desist and that Patreon was the one that made them take it down. They revamped how they approach things and havent had a problem since (that im aware of) And while yes they mention SU constanly on the Patreon, youll notice that game access is no longer a reward. what you do have access too is streams and schedules of content that will be worked on in those streams. They still arent putting the game itself on Patreon, because it breaks Patreon/copyright rules. The overall point is, BB could still be going if... DS decided to offer the renders without the game, said he was working on his old game Glamour (but really kept working on BB), sold streams of him doing the posing for the renders, all of those things could have worked, all of those things would eliminate the incest violation of Patreons rules, and kept DS making the same money he was making. It boils down to he didnt want to do Big Brother anymore. Between patches, tweeks, changes, and rewrites, there were tons of options that could have worked, he chose to quit and change directions. And thats his perogative to do, if he chooses, but it was his choice to quit working on BB.

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
Well dark silver said some months ago he would find another solution to keep work on BB. Etc by making his own patron page wich many others have done.
How long does he need?

No big fan of female main characters, neither that he uses BB chars in his game, when BB is not done yet.
And really? who wants BB to be done? so much that could be implementet.

Sorry for my english, its not my main

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Sorry for my english, its not my main
Honestly, all that was really wrong with your writing in English there, was "implementet". Should end with a "d".
Other than that one thing, you were way better than what I've seen a lot of native English speakers write.

If Dark Silver hadn't caved and given in so easily to all the anti-Eric sentiment (which wouldn't have been so bad if he'd been better introduced and wasn't almost impossible to deal with at first), he might still have had enough motivation to have finished the game properly.

As it stands though, he was his own worst enemy by letting his patrons dictate so heavily, the direction(s) the game had gone. This left so much unfinished content.

Also, it really didn't help that he wasn't actually interested in making an incest themed game, and didn't know how to adapt to that.
It was most evident when he'd promised a more romantic patch with Lisa, which turned into what we have currently - No actual romance, and Lisa becoming another Kira.
Hell, with Alice and Lisa both becoming "mini Kiras" should have probably renamed the game to "Cult of Kira".

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
Honestly, all that was really wrong with your writing in English there, was "implementet". Should end with a "d".
Other than that one thing, you were way better than what I've seen a lot of native English speakers write.

If Dark Silver hadn't caved and given in so easily to all the anti-Eric sentiment (which wouldn't have been so bad if he'd been better introduced and wasn't almost impossible to deal with at first), he might still have had enough motivation to have finished the game properly.

As it stands though, he was his own worst enemy by letting his patrons dictate so heavily, the direction(s) the game had gone. This left so much unfinished content.

Also, it really didn't help that he wasn't actually interested in making an incest themed game, and didn't know how to adapt to that.
It was most evident when he'd promised a more romantic patch with Lisa, which turned into what we have currently - No actual romance, and Lisa becoming another Kira.
Hell, with Alice and Lisa both becoming "mini Kiras" should have probably renamed the game to "Cult of Kira".
Damn, I had no idea things where so... a mess to say it nice.
I guess making such a game like BB was coz thats what people wanted?
And what people want, there is money to get.
Noticed his patrons went like 3k down? Lets just calculate, even if it was just 1 dollar patrons, thats like 3k dollars in his loss now. Just make me still wonder why he racted so slow on finding another solution, coz he current game seems halted. BB is a good game, so community did something right i guess. And yes eric was a pain, took me a very long time figuring him out. still a pain tho, but you get that rewarding fealing when you get rid of him and you back in control.

thatguy4444

Dec 24, 2017
why are my items not showing up in my inventory after I purchase them? says bought in online shop but still says inventory empty?

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
why are my items not showing up in my inventory after I purchase them? says bought in online shop but still says inventory empty?
Did you wait until 15:00 the next day for delivery? Also, for playthrough questions, there's a separate thread here:

Messi500

Jul 9, 2018
Im stuck in the game. After completing the first 4( i guess) movies Mom took me to the doc Eve... Now i visited her for over 20 times already but its everytime the same . Anyody knows why or is that normal? Also the Lisa path is stuck. I can let Olivia visit, with in the end the choice in which mouth i cum, both it repeat itself everytime. thanks if anybody knows more

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes