Unity - Abandoned - Big Brother [v0.13.0.007] [Dark Silver]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Shocker

I honestly can't decide whether I hate or love this game. So I'm going to do this review based on game aspects. (Version .5)

1: Appearance. The game looks beautiful. The BG's and character models are top-notch and the lighting is wonderfully done. One of the top games available in that regards, imho.

2: Scenes: As far as the layout and design of the H-Scenes... Meh. I was a bit disappointed in the H-scenes when I got to the first one and for the most part, remained disappointed in them with a few exceptions. They're not bad perse, just a bit on the bland side. Especially when you compare them to the quality of the models you've been viewing up-to that point. (I was just expecting to wowed again, I suppose).

Characters: I'm not sure any characters really make sense in this game. There's not a lot of backstory available as of now and the bits that are available don't really add up to the characters we see and their actions. Anne, Lisa, and at times Alice, in particular, have some serious holes in their character's personas.

Plot: The plot is straight-forward (for now). The family inherits a big house from a mysterious father. Mom gets now job and falls for her boss. Said boss turns out to be a total douche-bag who manipulates the mom and takes any opportunity to try and seduce, trick or blackmail her daughters into sexual acts (basically, the guy you thought you'd be playing in a game like this). You have the option to either "befriend" the new guy (I use that term loosely as I'm not sure the friend path can actually be called that, more like the stay-the-fuck-out-of-Eric's-way path) or you can call him out and declare all-out war.

Mechanics: There's nothing new or exciting her. Although the GUI is streamlined and professional looking. The game is grindy without cheats and that grind, imo, doesn't add any value to the game itself just hours on the playtime clock. I do like the implementation of the Opportunities and the progression of them, it's a fun way to both advance the story and allow the player to keep track of what needs to be done next. I'm waiting to finally be allowed out of the house...

I'm going to end this with the most controversial part of this game... Is this NTR?

You'll notice if you look at the Dev's patreon page, that NTR is not listed anywhere in the fetishes included in the game and yet that is one of the most talked about aspects in the forum and on his own page. Incest is the first fetish listed and in the story description from the Dev, your mission is to seduce the women of the family. Now, depending on how you play, it is possible for a male character other than the MC to sleep with all women in the house, with the exception of one which he instead has her watch as he has sex with her mother. I personally am not entirely sure of the answer, but the fact that the Dev doesn't hint at it can leave a poor impression on the game as a whole.

Overall: I give it a 7/10 as is but honestly believe this could be a 10/10 game when finished.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

bluehound36

pretty good other than a few plotholes that should be resolved and some of the promised content actually added in future updates. if there's ff/m, m/f/m content in future updates eric shouldn't be so hostile towards voyeurism or the pc joining in. if it's just going to be eric content where the pc ends going to military for peeping every time, there's really no point to their agreement. better to just stick to the war route if ds is not going to remain consistent with the options. The agreement should be corrupting all the women together and the war route should be more a competition to see who can outdo the other.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Makaikishi

Have to say... It's really bad in term of content. Here is my opinion:
    *Renders are kind really good.
    *System that show your % to succed with an action doesn't make any sense.
    *Your mom is a bitch that doesn't care about you or anything and just want to ride Eric's dick.
    *Really the mom is just the worst, the man says/does awful things and she still defends him...
    * Max ( character you play) don't get any pussy basically, sucks to play as him because he seem really impotent.
    *Eric, well he is the man who gets all the pussy while you get punishments from someone who should be looking after you and your sisters( Mom).

Anyway, it looks like the protagonist is Eric and not the son Max.

Ps: this is my personal opinion, you may like or not. If you don't care about the bad points i made this game may be interesting for you.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

D3ssel

This one is getting a lot of attention, partly because of its own quality, partly because of how its author thinks patronage works. This is how I see this game.

The GOOD:

1- Decently rendered.
    Finally! Some CG content in Patreon where its author gets how render and (even most importantly) lighting should be done. It's not perfect, but it's eons beyond most content in patreon nevertheless.

2- Well done characters.
    Most of the characters in this game are very well done. And the author goes a long way posing them beautifully through all the game.

3- They actually LOOK like a family!
    This may seem redundant, but I'm personally tired of seeing a family where the mother, son and daughter look anything BUT related to each other. Not a thing here.

4- Eric
    Now Eric is a curious element. I hate him, and would like nothing more to have him removed entirely from this game. But, then again, I sincerely wish that the MC will get to literally fuck him (sexually speaking) in game later on, because of how much hatred I have for him. Since I'm not into gay stuff, this clearly shows that the author really hit the nail with this guy, doesn't it?

5- A VN which is not run in RPGMaker
    I have nothing against RPGMaker, WHEN its creator use it right, which is in a RPG! A VN, such as this and many others, should always run in proper engines, designed with VNs in mind, like RenPy, Tyrano or, even better, Unity.

6- Well done quests
    They are fun and very well designed, imho. The author goes a long way in showing us what we should do, with tips and even a rough walkthrough. He also clearly show us when we reach the end of content in each (which, and I can't emphasize this enough, is very important in a ongoing production)

The BAD:

1- CG Assets are bought, not made
    This is a big thing for me, and should also bother most people with some knowledge concerning Daz. Most of everything in this game is bought, with very, very mild modifications to some things, if that. I keep literally
    NAMING them as I play. Haircuts, Genesys 3 models, clothing... Everything. I know that most authors does the same in Patreon, but, with the amount of dough ($) DS is currently getting monthly, I'm surprised (and disappointed) that he does not have a real 3d artist creating his own models, or, at the very least, heavily modifying the current assets.

2- Limited gameplay
    DS is about to release version 0.4, and the MC has yet to leave the house, which makes me believe that the whole playthrough will occur in it. This may not bother others, but I feel a bit confined with this. It also breaks immersion for me (why would the MC never leave a house?). Again, this is an ongoing development, so hopefully this will change in the future

3- So so plot
    This bothers me a bit, but, avoiding big spoilers, the story is basically the family of the MC moving to a house, and the new boss of the MCs mother hitting on all female members. And that's it. It isn't terribly bad, but it's far from some much more intricate plots found elsewhere in Patreon. Again, this being an ongoing game development, things could change and get a bit more interesting in the near future, but, as it is, it's very basic and predictable so far. This would definitely NOT be a book I would get interested reading about. :p

4- The grind!
    Yup, this game is a bit grindy, which i'm not totally sure it works with VNs, without becoming totally boring. The author has done some changes here and there to make it less so, but, still, without mods, be prepared to spend a lot of time doing things until you finally get to the good stuff.

CONCLUSION:
    All in all, I really dig this and think most people will like it. Sure the game can be confusing at times, but this being an ongoing production, we can't really comment on it until everything is in it's right place, imho. I would definitely pledge for this project, if not for how DS currently behaves, which leads us to...

The UGLY:

DS behaves (so far) as if he is some big publisher releasing AAA finished products in Steam or something. He really (and I can emphasize this enough) needs to learn what patronage is, and how it's actually a donation so he can finish his work, and not just some way for him to get rich... What bother me even more is that a LOT of people also miss this, thinking that pledging in Patreon is akin to buying, or some sort of subscription. It's not.

Edit: It looks like he might be having a change of heart with this and, if that happen, I will surely not only edit this, but also pledge for it. But, until such time, this is on hold...
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Jumbosauce

Amazing:
    Lots of people on the site working to mod the shit out of this game and make it a lot more fun!

Good:
    - Visually very appealing, beautiful female characters,
    - A rival that we love to hate (Eric),
    - Lots of tease/build-up in content,
    - Complex / branching plot,
    - Dev is getting rich so content should be coming on a regular basis

Bad:
    - grindy as hell without mods
    - So. much. clicking. It'd be nice to be able to use the number pad to select responses
    - The translations aren't bad, per se, but games from Russian devs tend to use coercion/bribery more than I'd like. Too much stick, not enough carrot.
    - Dev is getting rich so the game may never end
    - Bigger tits, please! (personal preference, I know)

Overall:
    A solid game with great visuals that is excellent when modded!
  6. D
    4.00 star(s)

doctormodulator

Good pacing, excellent artwork with morning->night cycles.
    Well-written dialogue and exposition, not forgetting the current plot.
    Sympathetic MC, doesn't rely on plot devices which necessitate suspension-of-disbelief.

Wholesome content updates.

Lots of clicking. ;)
  7. 4.00 star(s)

KingsRaiden

Stars on image quality alone! The story is grindy, and confusing in a few bits. Definitely worth at least one play through for the images alone, but the story is a little disjointed - at least it has the slow corruption missing from many incest games. Only thing I don't like is the cuckholding and how that part plays out.