Unity - Abandoned - Big Brother [v0.13.0.007] [Dark Silver]

1. 5.00 star(s)

wrarar

gampleay: grindy as fuck (but well done)

cg(draws): really good and with great variety

scenes (and erotic ones): they are REALLY good

story: a lot and it makes sense (the 98% of time)

characters: FUCKYOU ERIC!!! (sorry) they are all well done, even the main character

hambient and music: the ambient is nice and dont remember if got music. so no music.

conclusion: is amazing what a good villan can do in a game. this game is gonna make hate someaone that doesnt exist, (or use him or slave him or befriend him) and the females character, are really well done (i still can fell the anger runing in my body, for the frustation... FUCK YOU ERIC!!... sorry again)
    and the thing that the game is not based on a lineal style makes the things funy and complex to play (you can finsh things that started months ago)

is great game, but demand alot of time oh yeah NTR AT 100000!!!! % so if the NTR make you uneasy this game is not for you TRUST ME.

this game worth your time and money. play it and enjoy it.

(for the ones like me that abuse of the "save editor" only modify "mood" "the autority" "and the money" DONT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE THIS GAME SI GRINDY AS FUCK if you touch anoter thing you may gonna spend instead of 4 days looking for a spider, 2 weeks. YOU WERE WARNED.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 507366

This game has a good story and is well written. The graphics are great quality and the interface works well. The characters in the game are believable and interesting which is very important in a game like this. The grind isn't too bad compared to many games and the story keeps me interested. I highly recommend this game.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

jczs97

This is one of the greatest adult games hidden behind an horrifying grind. The story and the characters are pretty good, even the douchebag of Erik brings an antagonist to the story thats worth defeating so you can get the girls. Its got a fuck ton of content of great quality, however as i said the grind you need to do to get to that content is even greater. This would be a 5 stars without the grind, but im also taking one star more since its "On Hold" which to me is BS since its never gonna get finished.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Cudder

Big Brother, is a game created by Dark Silver. With its unique gameplay mechanic that makes it different from the the other games, amazing character designs, plenty of stories to explore, all those things make this game a must play. And with this thread available, we can try this awesome game for free ! (Don't forget to Support DarkSilver if you able to do it ! They deserve it ! )
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Grygus

Interesting story, great models, and lots of content partially undermined by too much repetition, uneven pacing, and sometimes unclear goals. When the game was unfinished I considered it 5 stars in the making, but since it's being abandoned that is no longer a valid excuse. Still erotic and fun to play, but ultimately a shame it will never be completed.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

comentarista

Definitely the first of its kind that I have contacted which made me addicted to.
    Its combine quality image, angles, models, rendering... with a teaserable history that adds more sugar on and on without been vulgar.
    I would dare call it a 18+ Interactive TV Show.
    I'm praying to have this continued already

Congrats @DarkSilver team
  7. 3.00 star(s)

DawnCry

I want to give a full review about the game aspects, say clearly why I gave it 3 stars and explain everything of the game. Be aware that this revier will obviously have SPOILERS, if you don't care about them or you already played the game then continue reading.

First of all I think it's proper clarification between voyeur and netorare. In it's current state (and one that I think will remain for a long time) there is only one netorare scene and that is the scene between Kira and Eric, that's because Kira has sex with you and Eric blackmails her, the rest of the game you are purely a voyeur/peeping tom and that is quite limited too, most of the content and scenes are achieved after you kick Eric out of your house.

Saying that let's start with the review:

In this game we take control of Max, a young guy with two sisters and a mother that now live in a big house thanks to strange reasons. The main point of the game is to gain money, have better skills to increase your chance of achieving certain actions while seducing girls, that in itself is quite simple.

Let's analyze how the game achieves it:

-One thing that I actually found quite strange when I was in the rol of the MC is that your sisters do a bit of housework, mainly washing dishes but you do nothing at all, it would have been better if you had a few tasks in the house too, especially since you are unemployed and poor at the start. It would have made more sense if you had an allowance based on what you do around the house and the same for your sisters because they need money to buy things they want. The system around housework in the game isn't well developed, in fact no one will clean the house which is kind of...

-Let's talk about the skills a bit too, in the game the main method to increase your skills is by repetition, especially actions like "sneaking", there are a few courses to increase skills but that's mainly for your persuasion skill and to obtain the massage skill. The game is quite unfair in this point because the checks for a successful action are really high, which means that you will need to repeat actions A LOT and you will fail quite a good number of them too... Having a check is okay, having an unfair check isn't, there should have been actions with quite a good chance to do it so that people can grind a bit without a big risk. Another point is that there are certain skills that are almost useless, only used in one or two scenes like the kissing skill and massage skill. In fact there is only one character in the whole game that can receive a foot massage if I remember right.

-Now let's talk about the ways to obtain money, there are in total three, your website (which is the main way to obtain money), Eric's money (while at peace) and your mother. As I said before the mother one is the most flawed one, you can ask her money everyday and offer to do a few repetitive tasks, which are 3, clean the pool, buy cosmetics and order food. It would have been better to have a proper housework system than what we have. About Eric it's free money and I always recommend to milk him (not literally) rather than go to full war with him soon, I will explain later why. Lastly your website is quite an evil way to obtain money, recording your family with hidden cameras to obtain profit. Ironically I think that the MC is more evil than Eric in this aspect. Talking about the system itself it is quite flawed, you can buy more cameras but at most you would buy one more... basically to earn profits you need ads, if you have ads you will receive a good ammount of money, if not then you are fcked. This seems strange because if a person likes the site it would make sense that even without ads they would come back but whatever.

-Let's talk now about the house events, the system used is extremely simple and repetitive, let's say that there isn't any AI at all and the events don't have variations depending of how friendly the character is towards you or how much respect she has for you. This affects a lot to the feeling of development, in fact if you want to achieve any development at all you have to follow the only system the games gives you, which is the "opportunities system". Basically it's like a quest log and it's the only way to seduce the characters, it is extremely flawed in that sense because your interactions with the characters or any other stat doesn't matter, what matters is how much you advance the opportunity related to x character, which kind of destroys the whole point of the relationship levels and respect ones becoming just a factor that let's you advance the opportunity.

-Time to talk about the antagonist of the game, Eric. His character is the most flawed in the game and that's because his only job is to interrupt your opportunities with other characters while he does nothing for himself. For example if you start the opportunity "mentor" while at peace with him he will talk to you that he will be the one to give those lessons to Lisa. At first it would seem that he is trying to do something at all, but the thing is that he doesn't have any "opportunities" at all in the house and will never achieve anything at all, the game doesn't have any sex scene between him and your sisters and only one or two with the aunt, his job is just to be a pain in the ass by blocking your opportunities until you kick him out, so it's kind of a content blocker, as you may understand this means that he does nothing at all during the game except have sex with your mother. He is completely undeveloped in that sense which is kind of sad.

-After saying all of that you can already get a sense of the main problem the game has, it is the concept of time. You can actually prepare as much as you want during the game and nothing will happen at all, there is no sense of urgency even when Eric tells you that he wanna fuck your sisters in your face because he will never try to develop anything in that direction, so you can just take your time and achieve whatever you want before you kick him out of your house.

-Finally talking about the fetishes and scenes I won't lie there are many scenes that I liked a lot, but I personally think that there is too little BDSM to be listed as a fetish, it's extremely casual to tell the truth and blackmail is kind of meh. The game gives a big call for "more" because it leaves a feeling that it needed it, more massages of body and foot massage, teasing from the girls towards you, more situations... One of the things that I would have liked more is more handjob/blowjob/footjob, especially as part of teasing from the girls when at high level of relationship.

So to end this review I will say that I give 3 stars because I find the game mostly average in all parts, with many possible improvements to everything. That doesn't mean that the game is bad, in fact I have played it quite a lot because I wanted to find all sex scenes, overall the game is interesting enough the only character that I would take out of the game because of how undeveloped he is it's Eric.

Hope you liked my review and thanks if you have read from beginning to end.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Benn Swagger

Rate on v13 (Finale Version? ... who care)

4 Stars for good, good job, good game, good memories. There's many people see this game with negativity but equally many people also see this with positively. Put aside the people conspiracy theory about your progression, this game for me will be in the collection folder.

Dark Silver, I give you my appreciation and thankfulness of your games. As this game have give me many good time to fap and also your game breed ideas to many new developers and making more games for us.

Thank you for your game, DS, I hope you gain success in your next project.

For real review of this game, you can easily read the other reviewer, as it contain truth, yet some exaggerate their point of view. It's not that bad, but also not perfect. It is solid 4 stars.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Tease Me

I am not sure how this game got so many one star ratings, but I assure you members this is not a one star game. Both the art work and the game play are by far superior to most patreon games. The supposed rape from blackmail is more like coercion mostly to gain dominance over the coercee. The only real draw back of this as in most incest game is the lack of actual seduction. But if you read the script and watch the emotion avatars you will see there is a high level of affection between all the characters.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Apisoh

The best renders in the genre so far paired with a great selection of girls to be seduced/coerced/tricked by the main character made Big Brother (affectionately BB) appear to be the main reference, for better or worse.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Dedingsda

Version 0.12.0.005

Grind, grind and more grind.

One of the most grindy games out there I guess, but also one of the most rewarding in that regard. You get your scenes in a fair amount of time. And the game is huge. Love the girls and I personally love where the storys go to.

I hope for more updates and more interesting ways to go.
  12. 1.00 star(s)

Socratic

So This is my honest review of Big Brother

When I first got a hold of the game, it took a few tries to get past the "Eric" barrier i.e I kept getting sent to military school. After finding a walk-through and being wholeheartedly disappointed that it took a walk-through to get past what should have been a very simple part of the game I finally started to get to the "good shit"

After some initially promising scenes which firmly planted the idea into my head that sex was going to be possible with pretty much any character with a vagina I set upon the epic journey that BB has become famous for... Blue balling grind.

Don't get me wrong, I hate games where you get everything within a few minutes of playing. The number of patron bait one render wonders out there irks me but at the same time, I feel that if a game isn't guiding you through the plot development and instead relying on sheer bloody minded determination to grind it out the dev is not doing their job. Which essentially brings me to the reason why I would not recommend anyone to play BB.

90% of the game is hidden content, meaning that you could literally spend months just grinding through the daily "routine" and never accidentally stumble upon the next plot development. Too much of the story is hidden behind awkward mechanics, time gates and skill checks.
    A good game puts "Some" content behind hidden gateways but should continue the plot and make grinding for extra content optional, if should not be the other way around, i.e The game is grinding with optional content.

All the new content feels like it is being rushed and shoe horned in, leading me to believe that the developer is getting bored and probably pushing the remaining promised content in so he can do something else.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.11.0.003...

Originally Reviewed on 01/01/2018

I really tried to give this one a chance, but it kept getting me angry and frustrated... And before I get too deep into this review, please forgive the rant I'm about to go on, about Eric... Also, this is yet another Family Sex game in a sea of the same...

The visuals of the characters are excellent, very clear and realistic... The backdrops are good as well, just wish you could go other placed besides the house, since this is such a grindy game...

The script is alright, only found a few proofreading errors... The main plot starts off fine but I found myself feeling angry and frustrated, which a game should not be doing... And this is more game than visual novel, as there isn't a huge amount of unique dialogue and monologue unless you open up new scenes, otherwise it is very repetitive...

As to what got me frustrated and angry, mostly revolved around the male protagonist and his mothers boyfriend, Eric... At first I thought his introduction was ok, but then he becomes this domineering jerk wad of a character, that no matter what you do choice wise, just become worse and worse... He's basically a bigger pervert then the protagonist, and is worming his way into the family's good graces, perving on your characters mom and sisters, and taking on a dominant role in controlling everyone, while trying to get arid of the character you play... I tried being nice, and tried being a jerk, and no matter what, if you don't pay close attention he will somehow turn everyone against the protagonist... When I play any game where I'm in control of a member of a family, my protective instincts usually kick in a bit... I can't help but feel frustrated and get a bit angry, when no matter the choices I make, I can't get rid of something that is horribly going wrong with the game experience...

Now, there are ways to ruin his stay and get arid of him, but since this game is so massively grindy and time consuming, you have to deal with all those pent up feelings for a very long time before he's gone... And all the right things have to be done at all the right times, in all the right order, with all the right characters, and so on, to succeed at it... And I found it infuriating that I was basically forced to either keep replaying it over and over to get it right, or use a walkthrough or guide to get it done... That should never be a requirement... The game already takes an eternity to get stuff done, without having to do replays to get rid of the jerk wad, that I felt was an unnecessary element in the game anyway...

After many many hours of game play, I threw in the towel... Then I decided to look up more details about this game, to see if there was something i may of missed or messed up on... And basically determine, nope, it just takes a while to get him out of the game so you can continue playing it normally... Unless you are a paying Patreon, which allows you to cheat him out... But even that is bugged, from what I read he still pops in every so often at certain points... In a nutshell, the author's created a competition system, where you need to lower the influence of Eric in order to beat him on time, otherwise you miss good events and get more bad events, or maybe even get an early 'End of Game'... I almost felt like the guy had some sort of mind control power over the protagonists family... The mom would believe every little word out of his mouth, and no matter how smooth, or bitter, or gallant you were when trying to contradict or prove the guy wrong, she always believed him and not you, her own flesh and blood... Sorry for sounding off so much about this character, but I felt he ruined, what would most likely of been, a great experience playing this game...

Beyond the Eric junk, the game has a lot of hidden stats the protagonist has to work on with all the characters, as well as money... Money comes extremely slow in the beginning... And takes a while to ramp up, once you get it generating... But there are a lot of things you need to buy to get the story to move along just right... Yes, some of the things require getting items for your family, before Eric does...

Overall, I firmly believe that I would have enjoyed the game a lot more without the Eric character there to cause turmoil... Now, I normally don't get into super grindy games, but outside of Eric, the game was not too bad at all... The dialogue amongst the characters was fun and entertaining, beyond anything to do with Eric... Perhaps I was just getting too emotionally attached to the situation of Eric, but I tried playing it different ways, thinking there had to be a more pleasant way of getting around the guy, but it felt like I was being punished with his existence... And no game should be like that... I know this is a popular download, but Eric ruined the game for me... I will probably never try this one again, and this was my 2nd attempt at it (I tried a month and a half ago, and I figured I would go into it a 2nd time with a fresh mind, and it was just as bad as the 1st time)... I tried to give it a chance, I really did... But this one is a no go for me, which is such a shame...
  14. 3.00 star(s)

ShadowxHit

A game with good structure and concept but is ruined by its vagueness nature and an extreme amount of grind for just a mere static image or 2 as reward.

50-60% of the content/gameplay is just grinding (repeating same actions,scenes etc) in order to level up stats that help you get new scenes or to advance the story. To make matters worse there is a RNG element which will most likely cause even more frustration on top of the already frustrating grind. Tutorial is lazy and game mechanics not explained well enough. This can be a frustrating experience because for all that hardwork and grind all you get is a scene (2 or 3 static images) as reward, its not a video clip, its not animated, its just a static image.

Game could easily be more acceptable and instantly better if they reduce the grind, because the story is pretty good, the characters are interesting and the opportunity mechanic is good.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Scotty1212

A great game that could be, reminds me of a brazilian telenovel or perhaps Bold and Beautifull, with 2000 episodes, and you have to watch every single one or you loose theplot. Unless you have a Granny that watches every sinlge episode and can keep you up to date.

The last few updates, including v12, are more and more dissapointing, with not much content or serious sexual relationship progress.
    The story is no longer consistent, after creator got rid of the threat, Eric. Instead, you have half retard mother and sister, than let you fuck her only in the other hole.
    Ususal NTR has been replaced with a lesbian NTR, where other sister shares her lesbian friend with MC.

I'm happy i no longer support this creator and after trying the latest update, struggling to trigger next events, simply deleted this piece of garbage.

I am happy now, got more free space on my ssd :)

On the plus note, good quality CGs.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

Cumarin

I don't really get it why this game is so popular. It has really nice rendered CG, nice looking charakters and some good ideas but it basically is a grinding game where you have to repeat the same things over and over and over again and talk to the charakters at the right time and place to trigger some event. Story arcs are put on hold forever to introduce something new with the next version and the old stuff is waiting to be continued forever.

The big contra for me is, that the charakters are very ‎inconsistent in their behaviour. Depending on the place something happens, they act totally different. In one room you can have sex with someone in another room the same charakter complains when you try anything, telling you this isn't right.

The Mother is the worst in this matter, but the same happens with all charakters in the game. Olivia when first introduced runs around naked all the time and has sex with everyone and later she is too shy to show her body or even kiss? That's bad story telling.

"Oh, I only have sex with you on Tuesdays if you meet me at 18:00 in the living room. On any other place or time I will just yell at you for being a pervert or won't talk to you at all." That's basically the story of this game.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

pleiades

Kind of stumped where to even begin my review, but here goes.

This game probably has as many weak points as it does strong ones. For an adult game, this game forces the player to grind pretty hard. Grinding to unlock scenes, grinding to obtain items, grinding to progress story (connected to previous two). Let me put it like this; if I knew beforehand how much of a grind this game would be, I would've played an RPG instead - and that's saying a ton. But here I am, awaiting the next update, because at this point I feel like I'm committed.

The scenes and characters are really high quality work, and it's a nice looking game on the surface. All the main characters are pleasant to look at, and the renders are pretty awesome as well. The one thing in terms of quality that's currently absent from this game, are animations, this is an adult game after all. There are certain mods that include animations (although maybe a bit choppy), this in turn proves it can be done.

The plot isn't the most original, but it works. You play as Max, a young man (I almost feel inclined to say boy) who currently lives with his two sisters, his mom and mom's boyfriend, Eric. You'll learn to hate the latter with a passion, trust me. You progress through the story with the main intention of not being sent to military school, which proves rather difficult when Eric gets involved.

Opportunities. I thought this would be a really good addition when I first started playing, but having played a bit, this system seems a bit flawed to me. Working kinda like progression-based achievements, opportunities lets you know what possibilities you have during your current playthrough, and they let you know where to go next. The problem I have with opportunities is that some opportunities only appear once, making you play through this game (remember what I stated earlier about grinding) several times, which makes this not feel enjoyable anymore. Many opportunities are also based on random chance, and this needs to go ASAP. Make me work for it, don't lock it behind a game of chance. I don't want to roll a pair of dice whether I get to fap or not.
    The fact that this is also such an open game, where you can choose where to head to next (in terms of hopping between scenes at any given time), it's still rather linear. You'd then think that stumbling upon opportunities would be a small task? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. The way this game plays, it's fairly hard to use a walkthrough, and if you're missing a certain step in any given opportunity, good luck finding your next step, that shit is hit or miss. If you don't want to use a walkthrough, that's fine. I didn't use a walkthrough during my first playthrough, nor did I use cheats. That puts you at a vast disadvantage, and realistically makes you miss lots of content along the way.
    In short, the addition of opportunities forces you to either play through the grind several times, or to start save scumming. Keep in mind, even save scumming doesn't work 100% of the time. Some encounters are hard-coded to fail, even though it displays you have a certain chance to success.

Late game, and progressing after the main story is essentially "done", is terrible. You're forced to have repetitive dialogues after a certain point, where all characters say the same. The breakfast and dinner scenes are examples here, and those are mandatory every day. A lot also revolves around the shopping event that happens every Saturday. Skipping through the week just for this can be downright annoying, because you have to go a single day at a time, having many unnecessary dialogues along the way.

TL;DR
    Pros
    OK story, good graphics, quality content

Cons
    Lots of grinding, no animations, games of chance, non-intuitive opportunities, difficult playability (missing content)
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Drafox

At first I didn't give this game a chance for personal reasons, but now I finally understand why it has a big fanbase...The writing is decent, the RPG elements are there but it can get linear sometimes (Illusion of choice) but these are not the strong points of this high quality erotic game...It's the unique personalities & the vast amount of events that they can trigger, the amazing scenes & background (art & lighting wise); the smooth control & navigation system & the rarity of bugs (the game's well polished) all these things are what makes Big brother special whether you hate or love the concept of it you gotta admit that it's a 4/5 game at least and because I personally liked it I'll give it the full rating.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

lalala1235

I feel I have a controversial opinion here so let me explain myself. Every game you play falls into a simple equation (times spent in challenges/grinding = reward). When I play this game I feel the reward given (sex) is not good enough in the slightest. Don't get me wrong it has its moments.
    For me, the grind is too much and the pay off is way too little.

The game starts with a more "realistic" and less of a porny vibe which I respected until it throws that out of the window. In my experience, I'd say its a patron thing, somebody paid a lot of money to make the game pornier and less softcore. Leaving it in the state it is now. Snowballing dramatically into a porny mess.

That if you came for hardcore content misses the mark and if you came for the soft-core your going to be sorely disappointed.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Charlicoincoin

The characters design are great, a great pictures quality. The story is long and full of perversion. There are many modes and aids to finish the game. But the story is so long and so many choices that it is easy enough to end up in military camp.