TheNeuronProject

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 14, 2019
It is really a shame that this game was canned. Probably if the dev wanted to, could restructure the game to accommodate to the patreon rules. Maybe someday he/she/they have a change of heart and kick this once promising game into gear once again.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
It is really a shame that this game was canned. Probably if the dev wanted to, could restructure the game to accommodate to the patreon rules. Maybe someday he/she/they have a change of heart and kick this once promising game into gear once again.
... He is, he has, it's being remade within Glamour.
Don't hold out hopes for much at the moment, or a speedy development/redevelopment of BB as it's being done at a ration of 2-Kate updates to 1-Max update, and the first of Max's updates is only just coming, with basically the same content as version 0.3/0.4 of BB.

On a side note, it honestly feels like I've said the above (in one way or another) about a dozen times in this thread alone, for a few months now. Which only goes to show how little attention some people pay to things that are ridiculously easy to find by actually looking in the obvious places, i.e. the fucking Patreon page.

• Haha
Reactions: ItsEricBoi

TheNeuronProject

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 14, 2019
... He is, he has, it's being remade within Glamour.
Don't hold out hopes for much at the moment, or a speedy development/redevelopment of BB as it's being done at a ration of 2-Kate updates to 1-Max update, and the first of Max's updates is only just coming, with basically the same content as version 0.3/0.4 of BB.

On a side note, it honestly feels like I've said the above (in one way or another) about a dozen times in this thread alone, for a few months now. Which only goes to show how little attention some people pay to things that are ridiculously easy to find by actually looking in the obvious places, i.e. the fucking Patreon page.
Nope. Glamour is a new IP with a new storyline, although there are reused but improved assets in the game from BB. The uniqueness of BB came from the atmosphere which was created mainly by the family bond the protag shared with the other characters. The whole storyline was structured on that premise.
On a side note, I feel you mate, I don't like to repeat myself either.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Nope. Glamour is a new IP with a new storyline,
Nope.
Glamour is a remake of the game that preceded Big Brother, Glamour, which went beyond simply including assets/characters from BB to becoming a remake that also holds a remake of Big Brother.

0.16 of Glamour has the first substantive update of content for Max (who replaced the token male protagonist from 0.12 onward with almost entirely nothing to do), which is the same content again from Big Brother, simply without Eric being there at the same point he is in Big Brother.

The incest side of things is handled in the options menu, with players deciding the relations between characters, and applies to both sides of the game, for Kate/Julia and for Max & family.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a side note, I feel you mate, I don't like to repeat myself either.
That part was less directed at you (hence "on a side note") and more the combination of repetitiveness (ironic, given BB and Glamour's grinding) and the lack of initiative shown by far too many.

TheNeuronProject

Donor
Game Developer
Jul 14, 2019
Nope.
Glamour is a remake of the game that preceded...

Fair enough. Truth to be told, I've only read the summary on the patreon page, thus my simplified conclusion and the "hopeless" vibe of my first post. The good side of it is that now I will surely give it a go.

That part was less directed at you (hence "on a side note") and more the combination of repetitiveness (ironic, given BB and Glamour's grinding) and the lack of initiative shown by far too many.
Yeah, that was a bit lame from me so I apologize. For my defense, it was almost midnight here, working all day on my own project and every nerve in my body was protesting against further abuse of my brain and eyes.

9della

Aug 3, 2017
Hi guys. Is it true there's a new developer taking up this game? I think he's already got supporters on Patreon.
The game is done in UNITY, with artwork same quality as Dark Silver

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
Is it true there's a new developer taking up this game? I think he's already got supporters on Patreon.
The game is done in UNITY, with artwork same quality as Dark Silver
Well, "taking up this game" it's not quite the correct term.

But yes, Aleksey90 making his own mod, based on vanilla v0.13 version.

Reactions: 9della

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
Darksilver should re-open this game.
He spend way to much time with the online thing that no one likes, and the new game doe not really look promising.
Why is it I dont see the point of not going back to BB? Correct some lines in the story, "landlady" you know the deal, then make a patch as everyone else do? Did he not state if he got the opportunity he would go back to it?

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
He spend way to much time with the online thing that no one likes, and the new game doe not really look promising.
Why is it I dont see the point of not going back to BB? Correct some lines in the story, "landlady" you know the deal, then make a patch as everyone else do? Did he not state if he got the opportunity he would go back to it?
That "online thing" is just his lame DRM for "protection" of his games and he's integrating BB into Glamour because after all this time he's still foolishly trying to please everyone.

Reactions: MasterDk78

ComicBookGuy

I only play good games
Donor
Oct 5, 2017
He never went back to BB because he said that Glamour was the game he always wanted to do, you can call it a passion project and I believe him, no way he would waste all that effort to make a new game from scratch for any other reason.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes