4.60 star(s) 76 Votes

Apr 26, 2022
can someone explain what the fog 1 or fog 2 etc. means in the guide? in my understanding its supposed to be how many fog enemies you have defeated. If its that then, is there any way to know how many fogs I have entered or do I have to keep count for myself?

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
can someone explain what the fog 1 or fog 2 etc. means in the guide? in my understanding its supposed to be how many fog enemies you have defeated. If its that then, is there any way to know how many fogs I have entered or do I have to keep count for myself?
I think main difference of your progress is whether you saw Bell and fought with cats in armor
oh ok, fck i have already lost count lol
In a nutshell: you don't need to worry.

There's two progress counts in Black Souls 1 - fog gate progress, and evil princess progress.

Of those two, fog gate progress mainly impacts minor stuff like how much stuff Prayer Master has for sale.

Evil princess progress (which advances by 1 every time you kill an evil princess or make a covenant with one) does impact the story, and you will be locked out of certain characters if you didn't save/befriend them before eliminating the fourth evil princess.

Reactions: 1370

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
In a nutshell: you don't need to worry.

There's two progress counts in Black Souls 1 - fog gate progress, and evil princess progress.

Of those two, fog gate progress mainly impacts minor stuff like how much stuff Prayer Master has for sale.

Evil princess progress (which advances by 1 every time you kill an evil princess or make a covenant with one) does impact the story, and you will be locked out of certain characters if you didn't save/befriend them before eliminating the fourth evil princess.
Reaching fort ivern or defeating its boss also progresses several events.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You don't normally get the [Kill] option outside of the basement though, only [Rape]. You can get it with Red Hood but I don't know the requirements.
She needs to be at the top floor ready to be recruited, which requires talking to her on the first floor (if you get the text about her making you leave then you are done here) and at least 5 fog gate progress. Re-enter the house to set the flag for her to be at the top floor. Then you need to get the dialogue where you show her a fairy tale and you need to have found and turned in all the fairy tales in the first room in Alice's library. Re-enter Red Hood's house to set the flag for enabling the option to kill.

• Red Heart
Reactions: protobutweird

protobutweird

Apr 13, 2019
She needs to be at the top floor ready to be recruited, which requires talking to her on the first floor (if you get the text about her making you leave then you are done here) and at least 5 fog gate progress. Re-enter the house to set the flag for her to be at the top floor. Then you need to get the dialogue where you show her a fairy tale and you need to have found and turned in all the fairy tales in the first room in Alice's library. Re-enter Red Hood's house to set the flag for enabling the option to kill.
Cheers, you were right. I was wondering where the game set the flag, it was at the door to the house like you said, thanks

Dec 24, 2023
guys are there any good magic items? I am lvl 50+ but still the starting staff with no good things, currently at sabbath but they be killing me

edit: also which summons go good with magic build? any tricks and farm spots?

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
guys are there any good magic items? I am lvl 50+ but still the starting staff with no good things, currently at sabbath but they be killing me

edit: also which summons go good with magic build? any tricks and farm spots?
Get 30-40 candy (dog from rottenburg has 1 in 15 chance of giving you a candy each time you talk to it in holy forest), buy double magic rings (10 candy each) from crow behind red hood house (available to reach after beating the boss of fort ivern), either get 100% crit ring from killing top left npc in holy forest or fill last slot with another double magic ring. Upgrade starting staff to +10 for 0 mp costs. Congrats, game broken, your magic does 24x damage and costs 0 mp. Don't even need summons.

Reactions: Mr.Win
Dec 24, 2023
Get 30-40 candy (dog from rottenburg has 1 in 15 chance of giving you a candy each time you talk to it in holy forest), buy double magic rings (10 candy each) from crow behind red hood house (available to reach after beating the boss of fort ivern), either get 100% crit ring from killing top left npc in holy forest or fill last slot with another double magic ring. Upgrade starting staff to +10 for 0 mp costs. Congrats, game broken, your magic does 24x damage and costs 0 mp. Don't even need summons.
you mean the dusk crown ring right? doubles magic and mana cost. also I only have 4 slots for rings

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
you mean the dusk crown ring right? doubles magic and mana cost. also I only have 4 slots for rings
Yes, you buy 3 dusk crown rings then put either another one or the ring from the npc in the 4th slot. This is because the ring the npc drops gives 100% critical rate and critical hits do 3x damage but if you don't want to kill the npc, another dusk crown ring is fine and you'll occasionally do even more damage than the crit ring setup if you happen to crit.
If you really want to use summons as well, leaf has a speed buff and a crit buff, dorothy has magic and other stat buffs, and victoria can give 100% crit chance but that one requires level 99.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023
Yes, you buy 3 dusk crown rings then put either another one or the ring from the npc in the 4th slot. This is because the ring the npc drops gives 100% critical rate and critical hits do 3x damage but if you don't want to kill the npc, another dusk crown ring is fine and you'll occasionally do even more damage than the crit ring setup if you happen to crit.
If you really want to use summons as well, leaf has a speed buff and a crit buff, dorothy has magic and other stat buffs, and victoria can give 100% crit chance but that one requires level 99.
thank you very much, have you also played black souls 2? after I finish this run I might go warrior build or directly bs2 but its hard to find good tips and builds without spoilers

4.60 star(s) 76 Votes