Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
In 2, magical builds are inferior to physical builds imo. Physical builds have access to much broader range of attacks thanks to in battle weapon swapping and also do not have to deal with random reflect mobs or resistances. While magic has attacks that ignore reflect, they have cooldowns. Which is another thing, in 2 many attacks have cooldowns which physical can bypass by just having more weapons (and you can also bypass them with watches but I consider that pretty cheesy). It's also harder to access 2x magic rings in 2 compared 1 since candies are harder to get and the rings themselves are more expensive as well as additional action rings and 2x attack rings existing.
I recommend starting as hunter as its starting weapon has fairly useful skills and it starts with a gun for the offhand which is nice early game for free damage. Knight is also good for early access to attack and defense debuffs. You can get all the classes' weapons early on though so don't feel too constrained. It's hard to recommend a build for 2 though as the game is very open compared to 1 so it really depends on what you can find. Some good weapons to look out for, besides starting weapons, are bunker shield, hans, stormruler, knuckles, and uchigatana as well as most boss weapons.

Reactions: JungleNuts
Dec 24, 2023
finished the game and watched some vids, great game but kinda confusing.

I have some questions: is the ending C or D the real one before second game begins?

the rabbits talking about He, he and alice with black rabbit (I assume) betraying alice and grimm then teaming with mary sue which made her strong somewhat?

whos baphomets husband? why did she think mary sue was her daughter?

can anyone summarize the lore enough so I can understand it?

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018

I have some questions: is the ending C or D the real one before second game begins?

the rabbits talking about He, he and alice with black rabbit (I assume) betraying alice and grimm then teaming with mary sue which made her strong somewhat?

Quickly summarizing the Black Souls lore? My man, that's what they call a herculean task :p

I'll give it a try, though;

The most important thing is that Grimm is locked in 'story-cycles'. Every time Grimm starts a new cycle, the same story is retold all over again, except slightly differently each time. Grimm has *some* freedom to act, but he's still basically trapped - until the story-cycle is somehow broken.

In Black Souls 1, that story-cycle is controlled by Leaf/Mary Sue. In Black Souls 2, Grimm has ended up in a different story-cycle controlled by Alice/The Crawling Ones, who are also foreshadowed and briefly mentioned in Black Souls 1. That talking corpse in that flowery field in Wonderland will mention the Crawling Ones IIRC if you have gotten all ultimate moves + ending D.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019

D is real ending, it's pretty clear once you play 2
Mary is already strong, she just needed help getting into the garden. Again a little more info on that in 2
Baphomet has at least 2 husbands the first is Mabel/Yog who is probably Mary Sue's father, the second is crawling one
So just play 2 already bro.

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
If you go through End G and side with Leaf you actually do get the reveal the current husband is The Crawling One, Leaf herself tells you about it just before you head off to fight it.
You're right! My bad...

D is real ending, it's pretty clear once you play 2
Mary is already strong, she just needed help getting into the garden. Again a little more info on that in 2
Baphomet has at least 2 husbands the first is Mabel/Yog who is probably Mary Sue's father, the second is crawling one
So just play 2 already bro.
Re. Baphomet: she casually mentions during her titjob scene that she's got 'lots of' husbands. But good point on Mabel because I overlooked something obvious there. Mabel mentions after the Old King fight that The Black Goat was her favourite pet. And while that doesn't have to mean that Mabel/Yog-Sothoth is also Baphomet's husband/spouse/partner, it's still a plausible reading.

...but there's one thing there that makes me wonder, though: Baphomet looks at Grimm's dick and cheerily says "Wonder which one's bigger, your's or Darling's?". But we've all seen what's under Mabel's skirt. Pretty sure she wasn't sporting anything like that. But I'm half-kidding there; Mabel makes it pretty clear that her current girly body is just a temporary avatar (and one that's about to be scrapped, at that). The Outer Ones can freely change or switch bodies if they wish, and Mabel points that out more than anyone else.

Re. the endings: I agree that ending D is the prelude to the events of Black Souls 2. But there's still something weird going on.

After the D ending credit roll, you just get sent back to... the Holy Forest. And you're still on the same cycle too, because Prayer Master and Baphomet will still be gone. So the ending happened, but the world/Garden still exists. And you can even start a new cycle, after which everything will just reset as normal.

In other words: even after ending D, the story-cycle hasn't yet been broken. Note the difference with ending H in Black Souls 2, which will just send you back to the title screen.

There seems to be more to it, too. That corpse (which is actually Jabberwock) in the flowery field in Wonderland? I tested it just now, but it appears that it'll say its dialogue about Alice/TCO only when you've achieved ending D in your current cycle.

So it appears that there's still an unclear chain of events between ending D and the actual breakdown of Mary Sue's power and story cycle. Though I'm guessing that the events of ending D were enough for Alice/TCO to get a foot into the door and start the process of bringing down Mary Sue. Though at any rate: the White and Red Queens also played a major role in the downfall of Mary Sue, and that's not shown in any of the BS1 endings. So the BS1 endings don't cover everything that happened.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
So it appears that there's still an unclear chain of events between ending D and the actual breakdown of Mary Sue's power and story cycle. Though I'm guessing that the events of ending D were enough for Alice/TCO to get a foot into the door and start the process of bringing down Mary Sue. Though at any rate: the White and Red Queens also played a major role in the downfall of Mary Sue, and that's not shown in any of the BS1 endings. So the BS1 endings don't cover everything that happened.
I think you are overthinking the last part.
You start again in the Sanctuary/Garden because all the CGs unlock & the access point to them is in the central hub.
The lore/teaser to BS2 from the hooded figure is a nice extra. Combined with her involvement/being the culprit behind corrupting Mary Sue & killing her twin.

Amarinth12

Nov 9, 2022
I tried to rape all of the girls I found. Any advice to whom I should spare? Like to avoid missable useful stuff (match girl for example, or dorothy).

Last edited:

Anonym321

Aug 17, 2020
I tried to rape all of the girls I found. Any advice to whom I should spare? Like to avoid missable useful stuff (match girl for example, or dorothy).
you can do whatever you want but better try to rape everyone, in the next playthough be nice to everyone

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
More often than not, a girl will be summonable in combat. Mary, Gretel, Alice, Beauty, Baphomet (required for an ending though) and the demon princesses are not. Demon princesses give a unique ring if you join their covenant.

HeckBum69

Oct 24, 2022
is there any save where all (or almost) girls are jailed inside the prison? Thanks in advance!
Sorry, I edited my last savefile into this one so there may be some contradicting/odd things about it, as I haven't actually tried to do this on my own yet.

It's post-end C, but all (possible) girls have been imprisioned.

Reactions: JungleNuts

Granados

Jul 22, 2023
I just saw Tenma's stream playing Black Souls and I have to say, I was intrigued. I'm glad that this site exists, because Dlsite is censored for Germany and only accessable via VPN. I miss the good old times from 2004, when the Internet was young and wild. Sigh...

Pysus

Jun 25, 2020
By any chance there are still people looking for a chance to make the screen bigger.

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
I unlocked basically the entire map, still can't find Rapunzel, I keep reading guides saying to save some miner at the Mina next to the bonfire but i can't find that bonfire to save my life, did i lock myself away to finish the game by fighting too many bosses before getting there?

4.70 star(s) 73 Votes