3D-Blender Blender Art - Show Us Your Blender Skill

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Anyone have any good recommendations for a good eevee lighting tutorial? I'm sorta new to Blender. I've done the traditional 3-point lighting system and my renders still don't look as good as some of the stuff posted here.
You got any examples of how your renders currently look? Much easier to see what your doing right/wrong with some examples.

In general 3-point lightning is the basics for Eevee lightning for portraits/single characters. Any tutorial that is about 3-point lightning should be fine for Eevee, even if its about cycles (or a different program all together). In general any lightning tutorial that uses actual lights for lightning instead of HDRI's should be fine for Eevee. HDRI's isn't an option for Eevee since HDRI's don't create any shadows for Eevee.

For specific Eevee tutorials Ducky 3D does almost all of his work in Eevee. This is one about basic lightning set-ups to light characters: . But he has a ton of other videos about creating scenes in Eevee etc. Good place to start for Eevee specifics.

For indoor lightning in a room I would recommend and . Both of them go into baking indirect lightning, which is a requirement if your doing rendering in Eevee.

Reactions: TheAnointedOne
Sep 5, 2017
You got any examples of how your renders currently look? Much easier to see what your doing right/wrong with some examples.

In general 3-point lightning is the basics for Eevee lightning for portraits/single characters. Any tutorial that is about 3-point lightning should be fine for Eevee, even if its about cycles (or a different program all together). In general any lightning tutorial that uses actual lights for lightning instead of HDRI's should be fine for Eevee. HDRI's isn't an option for Eevee since HDRI's don't create any shadows for Eevee.

For specific Eevee tutorials Ducky 3D does almost all of his work in Eevee. This is one about basic lightning set-ups to light characters: . But he has a ton of other videos about creating scenes in Eevee etc. Good place to start for Eevee specifics.

For indoor lightning in a room I would recommend and . Both of them go into baking indirect lightning, which is a requirement if your doing rendering in Eevee.
Alright I followed the Bucky tutorial and tried to create a 'moody' atmosphere with Kim Kardashian

I used two area lights behind her. A volumetric field to give it fog. All rendered in eevee. I personally prefer the 1st one.

Edit: Made this just now. Might be the best one imo

Last edited:

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
I think I'm improving wouldn't you say?

Old

New
Looks good yeah, especially for an Eevee render. Lightning is pretty nice contrast set-up. The background might be a bit to dark, but could be a lot worse.

Maybe try some renders with a different model see how it holds up with a different setting.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Working myself on a new character to try out some animations later on. Happy with how she generally looks (while being bald), but I just cant get over the thing that something looks wrong with her lips. I have had this problem before with other characters. No idea what it is, just something looks off with lips that are less puffy. Anyone got an idea what it could be?

For references I added the first character where I think the lips look more real. Exactly the same render/material settings (bald, no clothes, no shadows).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: donotouch

Ghoseh

Mar 29, 2021
Ran into a list of of mostly open source and free blender addons and tools.
its separated by categories as well
if you have to pay for it or thier is a paid version it will have a [$] beside it

hope it helps

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Ran into a list of of mostly open source and free blender addons and tools.
its separated by categories as well
if you have to pay for it or thier is a paid version it will have a [$] beside it

hope it helps

Theres a NSFW blender discord I found a couple days ago which has a surprising amount of information about creating NSFW stuff in blender, from stills to animations: . Only seems to work in the internet browser and not the app.

Reactions: Marcypawn

BobbySnaxey

Jul 25, 2020
Theres a NSFW blender discord I found a couple days ago which has a surprising amount of information about creating NSFW stuff in blender, from stills to animations: . Only seems to work in the internet browser and not the app.
I'm one of the mods :D

Marcypawn

Mar 16, 2021
Thanks for linking it! There is some stuff there i have been looking for! <3

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Thanks for linking it! There is some stuff there i have been looking for! <3
Yeah a lot of good stuff on there. Been trying out some of the animation tutorial myself the last week. The jiggle cage stuff and the bone-shrinkwrap stuff are great and stuff I hadnt seen explained much before.

Reactions: Marcypawn
Apr 21, 2022
Bulma render (model and setup by banchouforte from smutbase, he is really good). I did the pose and camera and a bit of light only.
Bonus tip: For some reason, anime characters always look better if you turn their faces towards the camera a little. :) You want at least one eye fully facing the camera. (Not neccessarily looking at the camera, but the white part should be paralell to the screen.) If this is anatomically impossible, then turn their face *away* from the camera instead so you can no longer see their one thin sideways eye. If you do this, you're basically mimicking the decisions 2D artists would make when choosing how to draw the characters. More info here: (Don't worry about all the advanced shading stuff-- that's advanced tech. The most you'd probably need to do with banchouforte's assets is probably fake the face being fully lit before you run the lighting pass through the cel-shading.)

Reactions: zilkin

BobbySnaxey

Jul 25, 2020
I was a bit curious too, especially on black skin :) These are "out of the box" renders, I've loaded the figure in DAZ, exported with Diffeo, and plugged the Diffuse, Roughness, etc nodes in the skin shader for the face only.

As for the skin shader, I've also used the default settings showed on the Gumroad page :

View attachment 2012670

:
:
:

As showing before, with a bit of customization it could be better. This is the "default everything" :p
Any follow-up on this? :)