Unreal Engine Secrets of the Wasteland [v0.1.2.0 Public] [Blue Moon Studios]

2.60 star(s) 9 Votes

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
For having a beefy computer, for some reason this game REALLY just doesn't want to run well at all. Funnily enough seems that turning down settings actually makes it run even WORSE as well.
I've faced this issue with different Unreal games. It seems that devs screw up settings management and when you change them game keeps resources for both old settings and new ones. Restarting the game usually helps.

bjltyn

May 29, 2020
the game is broken when saving saves only inventory quests start again and again new ones are added but the old ones are not completed and hang in the list

SilentBlow666

Jan 7, 2022
Wow
(i have a problem with pics)
in dx11 better(Make link for blue moon.exe and add -dx11)
like this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

LOW for TSR turning it off

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2018
Restarting did help a ton, game still definitely has its hiccups that tank fps from time to time when traveling in the car, or really far really fast I'd say.

Out of curiosity though, is there much content for a straight female protagonist in this? The characters I've all come across that you can get into sexual scenes with so far have been girls. Not that I particularly mind it, but definitely seems more oriented towards a male protagonist so far.

Torchy17

Dec 19, 2018
Garbage game. Got in combat with a giant scorpion, tried to load ammo into my gun, and it played the reload animation and then when I pulled the trigger it said "no ammo."

Daedra6646

Dec 31, 2017
Garbage game. Got in combat with a giant scorpion, tried to load ammo into my gun, and it played the reload animation and then when I pulled the trigger it said "no ammo."
You have to manually put the bullets into the magazines that can then be loaded.

This issue is I think everyone's unfamiliar with I think he's basing his inventory system off S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Escape from tarkov mecahnics.

He has tutorial functions for far more obvious things but when it comes to understanding the current limitations you start out with, is where he is significantly lacking. Which makes it hard to onboard people into his games systems.

Reactions: Torchy17

Ziles

Jan 17, 2022
Can't launch basically due to:

View attachment 2332613
Are you on Win 11 and/or have an Intel and a GPU listed under display adaptors in device manager?

Have you tried seeing if it will run using DX11 without getting that error? Just make a shortcut for the BlueMoon\Binaries\Win64\BlueMoon-Win64-Shipping.exe, right click, properties, and add -dx11 after the path in target directory field.

I think I had a similar issue where either none of my Unity games would run/error out or it was Unreal, but that ended up being conflict with Win 11 and having on of these security exploit settings set to on when it was supposed to be off:

Win Security Exploit Settings.jpg

Reactions: radohak

radohak

Apr 15, 2019
Are you on Win 11 and/or have an Intel and a GPU listed under display adaptors in device manager?

Have you tried seeing if it will run using DX11 without getting that error? Just make a shortcut for the BlueMoon\Binaries\Win64\BlueMoon-Win64-Shipping.exe, right click, properties, and add -dx11 after the path in target directory field.

I think I had a similar issue where either none of my Unity games would run/error out or it was Unreal, but that ended up being conflict with Win 11 and having on of these security exploit settings set to on when it was supposed to be off:

View attachment 2334089
Hey this was a surprising advice, thank you!

I'm on Win10, AMD gpu. DX11 seems to work, some UnrealEngine games seems to crash here when on DX12.
Also I had "Force randomization of images" Off already,
the "Randomize memory allocations" was On and I turned it off w/o restarting, and it seems at least I got to the menu with some rendering artefacts - still crashed tho.

polednik

May 26, 2018
Hey, does anyone have this problem? I have settings on high but looks like textures are not loading properly.
Anyone know how to solve this?
BM.jpg

Torchy17

Dec 19, 2018
You have to manually put the bullets into the magazines that can then be loaded.

This issue is I think everyone's unfamiliar with I think he's basing his inventory system off S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Escape from tarkov mecahnics.

He has tutorial functions for far more obvious things but when it comes to understanding the current limitations you start out with, is where he is significantly lacking. Which makes it hard to onboard people into his games systems.
Never played either of those games but I have heard of them. This is really something that needs to be stated upfront to the player. Most people have played Fallout or other RPGs with similar systems regarding character attribute points and skill points and action points, but not manually loading magazines.

2.60 star(s) 9 Votes