Unreal Engine Secrets of the Wasteland [v0.1.2.0 Public] [Blue Moon Studios]

2.60 star(s) 9 Votes

stealthylocket

Jun 26, 2020
how do I fix this, the game ran fine then crashed about 20 mins in and wont open now. I deleted the save file and reinstalled but the error still pops up but only for this game

• Sad
Reactions: radohak

Ziles

Jan 17, 2022
Hey this was a surprising advice, thank you!

I'm on Win10, AMD gpu. DX11 seems to work, some UnrealEngine games seems to crash here when on DX12.
Also I had "Force randomization of images" Off already,
the "Randomize memory allocations" was On and I turned it off w/o restarting, and it seems at least I got to the menu with some rendering artefacts - still crashed tho.
Does your AMD show
how do I fix this, the game ran fine then crashed about 20 mins in and wont open now. I deleted the save file and reinstalled but the error still pops up but only for this game
Most of the research/possible fixed I found regarding the LowLevelFatelError where "device was removed" were mostly issues with MSI afterburning or having their GPU OC'd or they resolved it by underclocking it. Other's had their integrated and dedicated GPU showing up in device manger, disabling the integrated one and rebooting resolve it for some. Another resolution was adding an entry in your registry but I don't recall all the steps for that one. Another work around is running the game using DX11, you can see how to do that a few posts back. Then some fixed the issue by uninstalling the game and or GPU drivers, or rolling back to old drivers. There was a lot. Never actually came across an all around solution. I resolved it a while ago on either this game or another Unreal game by disabling my CPU display adapter in device manager I think. And also maybe a similar but slightly different error by following the user's post you quoted.

So you may have to do a little Googling and trial an error, sorry. If you happen to find the underlying issue while attempting to fix the error, I and I'm sure a lot of other people would love to know and be appreciative if you shared it. Hope one of these options resolves it for you.

Good luck

radohak

Apr 15, 2019
Does your AMD show
It is shown in the Device manager.
I don't have any GPU screen overlays.
The registry entry was some kind of delay - it just delays the crash, but does not help.
It is shown on different games since some time, so different GPU drivers were tested meanwhile.
It is really a baffling issue which I think it is related only to UE and DX12.

SilentBlow666

Jan 7, 2022
The registry entry was some kind of delay - it just delays the crash, but does not help.
It is shown on different games since some time, so different GPU drivers were tested meanwhile.
Adrenaline need's to close too and services.

SilentBlow666

Jan 7, 2022
or sometimes helping PC reboot. I get this bug on all UE5 games, cuz they using DX12.

M2xim

Jun 10, 2018
Totally unplayable for me. I have a I7-8086K + RTX 2060 and even if i set everything to the lowest i get 5 fps lol

Centar

Jun 26, 2017
lol it dont run at all, its say i need to have visual c++ runtime library's installed. last one was upfated on 2010 and just because, steam try to update them each time you install a new game, so i wonder why this dont recognize the libraries

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
At first, I saw the game has a character creator and I thought "Sweet! I love character creators." Then I noticed it's also censored with no way to uncensor it... Hype and dick immediately deflated, 1/10. I'm only giving a 1/10 out of pity since there is a character creator. Find me a way to remove the censorship, and I'll up my score. And if, by some chance the way to uncensor this game is paywalled, they'll get no money from me. Unless the makers of this game are from Japan (or some other country with insane censorship rules), I see absolutely no reason whatsoever the game needs to be censored in any way, shape of form.

Reactions: evaw and Centar

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
Even with my specs being what they are:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 10

I still needed to turn all the settings down to Medium to even get semi-tolerable fps. I don't know if it's my gaming rig, or if this game is just not optimized as well as it could be. Regardless, I tried it out and played around the opening area for about ten minutes and enjoyed everything I saw. If the game can be optimized to run at a stable fps on High settings at 2160p, this might have the makings of something great.

Romusfps

Dec 22, 2020
I don't know why people are rude with this game.

Graphic isnt disgusting, dialogue is okay, competence skill there.

Action, easy to understand.

Indeed is a bit empty and i didnt even get how to fuck (but i guess it my bad).

Any case not so bad, just need more content

SilentBlow666

Jan 7, 2022
Even with my specs being what they are:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM: 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 10

I still needed to turn all the settings down to Medium to even get semi-tolerable fps. I don't know if it's my gaming rig, or if this game is just not optimized as well as it could be. Regardless, I tried it out and played around the opening area for about ten minutes and enjoyed everything I saw. If the game can be optimized to run at a stable fps on High settings at 2160p, this might have the makings of something great.
1675355183150.png
3600X 16GB(3600Mhz) 6600XT preset "Very high"

2.60 star(s) 9 Votes