ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
A few more errors in the game script, mostly with the sex list:

* Both addBody and vCardCheck add a person to the sex list. The problem is, a number of scenes uses both of these calls, resulting in the same person added twice:

1713970634974.png

Code:
A four year spread of spreading led to a tally of <<print $UN.BodiesNum>>. That's in addition to my <<print $CC.HSBC>> from before.
<br><br>
<<if $bodies.length gte ($UN.CBC + $CC.HSBC)>>
// ...
Two three issues here:

#1 variable name uses wrong case, it should be $UN.bodiesNum because the current version doesn't exist and so it prints as [undefined]

#2 The loop doesn't include freshly calculated $UN.bodiesNum in the total (it should be either added to $UN.CBC right before) As the result the player never gets option to add any of the fresh 'bodies' from college to their sex list. As side effect, UN.CBC doesn't have correct amount of people fucked in the college.

#3 The loop also doesn't take into account that the number of fucks so far is potentially larger, because it can include people Claire slept with during the gap year and/or The Boys (or Ethan)

* a different and bit more serious issue: [UN010 - CollegeLvls] doesn't actually seem to let you level up the sex skills, just presents you with screen of what you already have. Included a save from right before it, which also demonstrates issues described above.

* sleeping with the singer in [UN012 - Commencement] doesn't add him to the sex list

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar and Nulldev

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
A few more errors in the game script, mostly with the sex list:

* Both addBody and vCardCheck add a person to the sex list. The problem is, a number of scenes uses both of these calls, resulting in the same person added twice:

View attachment 3570607

Code:
A four year spread of spreading led to a tally of <<print $UN.BodiesNum>>. That's in addition to my <<print $CC.HSBC>> from before.
<br><br>
<<if $bodies.length gte ($UN.CBC + $CC.HSBC)>>
// ...
Two three issues here:

#1 variable name uses wrong case, it should be $UN.bodiesNum because the current version doesn't exist and so it prints as [undefined]

#2 The loop doesn't include freshly calculated $UN.bodiesNum in the total (it should be either added to $UN.CBC right before) As the result the player never gets option to add any of the fresh 'bodies' from college to their sex list. As side effect, UN.CBC doesn't have correct amount of people fucked in the college.

#3 The loop also doesn't take into account that the number of fucks so far is potentially larger, because it can include people Claire slept with during the gap year and/or The Boys (or Ethan)

* a different and bit more serious issue: [UN010 - CollegeLvls] doesn't actually seem to let you level up the sex skills, just presents you with screen of what you already have. Included a save from right before it, which also demonstrates issues described above.
Noticed the first one last night and fixed it.

Fixed #1.

I don't understand #2.

#3 - UN.CBC starts counting during University, and the only bodies we're trying to add there are new, random ones based on College choices so before College doesn't matter.

We'll look into the SexLeveling

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I don't understand #2.

#3 - UN.CBC starts counting during University, and the only bodies we're trying to add there are new, random ones based on College choices so before College doesn't matter.
To use an example. Let's say Claire didn't fuck anyone in high school (CC.HSBC = 0) and had 3 encounters in the college before this screen comes up.

The game calculates that she also fucked 10 people over 4 years in college when it reaches this screen.

So the loop now tries to run:

while totalbodycount < people fucked in high school + people fucked in college
let player pick another rando

... but because the check is only against people fucked so far (in this example, 0 + 3 i.e. 3 total) it terminates immediately, because the list is already 3 people long. As a result, the player never gets to add any of these randoms for their list, because the game thinks the list was already completely filled.

#3 is part of this: the list can alread include additional people Claire fucked before college, so continuing the example, if she slept with 0 people in high school, then fucked The Boys (+3 people to the list) and then had 3 people in college before this screen, the first iteration of the loop would produce result:

list.length is 6 which is > 0 + 3

and also terminate immediately.

Reactions: CassieBare

P-111

Dec 5, 2017
For those who want to cheat the Body Attractive Traits:
Normally, the maximum attractiveness you can achieve is 6 while there are 9 body traits in total, meaning you must forgo 3 body traits. You can cheat for additional body traits by editing the game HTML file. Search for "$Stats.Traits.Attractiveness.value" and write "+3" behind it, this will let you pick 8 body traits (assuming you are maximum attractiveness score of 6 of course).

Edit: Apparently the maximum attractiveness is 6, not 5.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
On a different note: graduating college might be using far too strict requirements?

Currently, to merely pass with the lowest possible grade, Claire needs (depending on RNG) between 5-11 points of "studying". But the thing is, unless you devote all your time in college to studying and forego activities which improve your other stats and pick specific sorority etc, you can realistically collect +3 study points (max you can get if you do all these things is 5 or so) and that's not taking into account ones you will lose by going to some party, etc.

This means Claire who doesn't enter college with high Learning + Discipline (as these are used to calculate base performance on entry) has effectively no chance to pass even this lowest threshold. Never mind getting any higher grades. Even if she actually does spend like half of her college time studying.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Normally, the maximum attractiveness you can achieve is 5 while there are 8 body traits in total, meaning you must forgo 3 body traits.
Minor point, but you can get the "Fit" trait with certain game activities, so that's potentially one trait point you can save.

But on this note, there's at least one check in game which requires attractiveness > 5 to pass, which should be probably corrected, as the maximum you can get is 5, like you say.

Fictionary

May 26, 2017
You can see that coordination has enough exp accumulated to increase the value but it stays unchanged.

edit: i'd blindly guess this is because the modification performed one-time by the widget isn't included in the save
Wow, the way my testing environment is set-up with everything turned on immediately to save time; I'd never find this bug.
Thank you so much for the detailed report. Next release, the call now properly runs per passage regardless of save/load.

Fictionary

May 26, 2017
This is working as intended in your save.
Your character didn't sleep around much, no points to spend.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
This is working as intended in your save.
Your character didn't sleep around much, no points to spend.
The thing is my character actually fucked 15+ people in college (on top of the 8 or so before it), but the UN.CBC doesn't reflect this, because like described in the earlier error the number isn't updated with the "4 year worth of extra body count".

edit: OK, i looked into the code and it turns out you actually need to fuck 15+ "random" people for a single trait point, and the other ones you fuck in college don't even count towards this number. So you need 30 randos for 2 points, and 45 for 3. When these traits are simple things like "give a good head" or "be a decent lay". Don't you think this may be a tiny bit excessive, at least as far as the skills are concerned? After all, before college the "progression" for these points is 5->5->10->10->10.

She has also gained the "pliant limbs" perk from yoga, but it wasn't added to her traits and she wasn't even given a chance to include it manually. I'd think this is something that should be added automatically as result of actual yoga, and not require fucking tons of people on top of it just to enable. But, ehh.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
OK, digging further: all calls which try to add a Sex Skill like
Code:
<<run $Stats.SexSkills.push['skill_name']>>
currently fail, because the syntax is wrong. You're invoking a function, so you need regular brackets, not squares:
Code:
<<run $Stats.SexSkills.push('skill_name')>>
Additionally, when these skills are added, the total number of acquired skills isn't updated. This mean they effectively "eat" next skill-up the player would otherwise gain from fucking people. This is... not great, really.

I mean, just think: "I have fucked a lot of people but i didn't get any better at sex from it, because i also picked up yoga which made me very flexible". It doesn't make much sense, does it?

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm experimenting a bit with the college hookups calculation...

For reference, this is a Claire who has slept with 5 people in high school and then went to college:

1713984733352.png

I'd say she can be fairly described as someone who is pretty outgoing and not shying away from casual contacts, and who has tools to reel these lays in (the game generally seems to consider stat of 3+ as 'better than average' in various tests)

Now, depending on which hookup option you pick, the game calculates this Claire had: 6, 8, 4, 6 or 4 random sex partners during her time in college.

And then this is Claire who also went on Euro trip before going to college. Which is really dragging things out and basically getting as high stats as you can, realism of your mother spending 5 years gods know where meantime be damned.

1713985230394.png

Her stats are similar because she followed the same college path, but she's if anything even more risk-prone and excitable.

This Claire has, depending on picked option and according to the game's calculations, hooked up with 14, 16, 9, 12 or 11 random people during her time in college.

What this all boils down to is, only one of these Claires (the one who dragged things out and chose to hook up drunk) slept with enough people to qualify for a single sex skill-up point.

Which i think makes it pretty fair to feel that the requirements of 15 randos per skill point during the college sex skill level-up may be a wee bit overtuned towards what'd be basically turbo-sluts..?

I mean, when the base calculation is
Code:
Stats.Traits['Easy'].value
+ $Stats.Traits['Risky'].value
+ $CC.maleReaction
- $Stats.Traits['Sophisticated'].value
- $Stats.Traits['Confident'].value
- $Stats.Traits['Stable'].value
...you'd need this equation to amount to ~30 to cross the 45 threshold (taking into account 10 extra point from being 'sorority slut' and some bonus from hookup category)

This is basically unattainable. Even 15 points will be difficult (especially when it's in player's best interest to try to raise both confidence and stability to high values) unless the player leans on the crutch of being a sorority slut... and even then, that's just a single skill point.

Maybe it's worth to consider some rebalance here, in terms of how many hookups are required for the skillpoint gain? Like idk, bringing the requirements to what's used at the high school stage?

cd13

Mar 5, 2019
Yes, you can access the stats using developer console in web browser. It's typically accessed with Shift+Ctrl+I

Once it's opened, you can manipulate object SugarCube.State.active.variables.Stats which holds MC's skills, traits etc. Note, the changes you make will only "take" after advancing to the next page. Also, for a stat to change you'll need to adjust both base and value fields, since the attributes aren't just simple numbers.
BTW, I'm using Firefox and for some reason while I can summon this list of variables via console but it doesn't allow me to edit any values. Is there some extra command or option that unlocks that? I vaguely remember doing so in the past but forgot all the details.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
A little bug in the fight with Angelo:
Code:
        <<set _fighttest = $Stats.Skills['Coordination'] + $Stats.Skills['Deception'] - $CC.height>>
the game should be checking .value fields of the skills. Because it doesn't, the outcome is always total defeat, even if Claire has stats to actually win. :sadtrombone:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
the game should be checking .value fields of the skills. Because it doesn't, the outcome is always total defeat, even if Claire has stats to actually win. :sadtrombone:
Ah, I was wondering if that was just made to always result like that. Good to know.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Ah, I was wondering if that was just made to always result like that. Good to know.
Yup, it's actually possible to win, although pretty hard (for straightforward fight it's Athletics + Coordination > 6, and being taller than averate makes it easier) and if going for his legs you'll need Coordination + Deception > 6, with Claire who is shorter than average having an advantage.

If you've picked gym workout as extracurricular in the college it helps with number of these tests, too.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Thanks ffive. I've gone into the code and reworked how the University portion works with bodycount. I've also fixed a number of your other callouts.

Reactions: ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yaay. So uhmm okay, i have one more and this is a bit of a vague error, because i don't have a clue what specifically causes it... but it seems that it is somehow possible for the game to disable the panties graphics from the paperdoll, leading to situation where they're not included in the default outfit, and also missing when i click "underwear fit" in the wardrobe. I'm guessing the same can happen to the bra, but my Claire was braless to begin with.

I have one instance where it starts in the included save: it seems that if Claire escalates things with The Boys but then (is forced to) abort it after the graphics of her skirt was changed, the game doesn't clean up properly after itself.

To reproduce it, load the save and then proceed: "I could taste..." > "Make Out" > "Part of me said" > "And it was turning me on" > skirt goes up, panties go out > "smart" ... and from this point on the panties are gone

The appearance is only restored a few scenes later, when game invokes <<outfit default>> but this doesn't happen too often, so you can spend long stretches with the underwear missing.

edit: is seems tha also simply clicking outfits in the wardrobe can remove the underwear: if i click "underwear fit" in the wardrobe Claire gets naked. Clicking "default fit" similarly removes the panties even if she's wearing them at the moment.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
One more thing: in Act 1 the mission to get hired at the bar provides prostitution path... but only to Claire who dropped out of high school (CC.age is -2, or -1) Every other Claire (else) only gets offer to work at the bar or as a dancer. Not sure if this is oversight or intentional, but the later seems a bit odd when we can meet Tara who is American and older than MC but working as one regardless.

also, minor error: the dancer variant has I snapped a quick text off now that I had WiFi, "Hired: Bar girl at the club. which isn't accurate, obv.

edit: couple more errors, bit bigger ones

#1 getting hired at the club doesn't work because of script error.
Code:
<<set $employedZZYZX is true>>
should be
Code:
<<set $employedZZYZX = true>>

#2 the button to seek employemt at the club doesn't get hidden when you're hired:
Code:
<<hidden $clubJob == "none" && $employedZZYZX is true>>
the == should be != or, simpler, the first part of the check can be removed, tesing the employed variable would suffice

edit: one more for the road:
Code:
Error: cannot execute macro <<crossroads>>: Unexpected token ';'
<<crossroads #job1>>           <<path [[M002 - D1DanceFight][$People['AI'].Sakura.rel --; $People['AI'].DancerGroup.rel --]]>>             Say something and challenge this pecking order right away.           <<path>>             Roll with it and not risk upsetting the apple cart.             <<contents>>               <<Stats Excitable ++>>               "Okay, wow." I laughed. It was far from the first time I'd experienced this kind of catty energy from girls establishing things, but it usually came with something to gain, or something to lose. I couldn't fathom what Sakura saw as in the balance simply with my arrival.               <br><br>               "That's Sakie fer ya. Don't crack the shits about it." Lori shrugged and pulled me towards the platform we were nearest, "No drama, more than happy to have ye." She gave my shoulder a slight downward nudge, "Now be a sheila and gimme a boost."               <br><br>               I leaned down, offering her my hands, which her toe found and I sent her up. I wondered when there was just five of them how the last girl got up, watching Lori's lanky form tuck up and then extend on the platform. "Thanks, dearie." She gave me a wink and then began to stretch, flat hands on the platform, fully bent over and bouncing as she limbered up.               <br><br>               Shaking myself out, I looked around at the other girls, figuring out what came [[next|M002 - D1Dancing]].         <</crossroads>>
edit 2: there's also bug on bar path
Code:
in [M002 - D1BarPrep]

<<if $barPrepTime == 0>>
  <<set $barClean = 0>>
  <<set $barGarnish = false>>
  <<set $barOrder = false>>
  <<set $barSpout = false>>
  <<set $barMix = false>>
  <<set $barStock = false>>
// ...
<<else>>
  There was far, ''far'' too much to do. That much was apparent, but things had to be done. I couldn't work under these conditions, or at least be a successful tender. So, I set my shoulders, took a deep breath and jumped into prepping my station.
  <br><br>
  <<if $barGarnish == false>>The mousy girl had been cutting limes. There were drink garnishes that needed <<link "prepping" `passage()`>><<set $barPrepTime -->><<set $barClean ++>><</link>>.<br><</if>>
  <<if $barMix == false>>Soda, tonic, water and straight alcohol was only going to get me so far. Mixes needed <<link "making" `passage()`>><<set $barPrepTime -->><<set $barClean ++>><</link>>.<br><</if>>
  <<if $barSpout == false>>Who knows how gross these things were. A deep clean was necessary. Every spout and <<link "utensil" `passage()`>><<set $barPrepTime -->><<set $barClean ++>><</link>>.<br><</if>>
  <<if $barStock == false>>A quick assessment told me that I was missing staples. Gotta fill the <<link "gaps" `passage()`>><<set $barPrepTime -->><<set $barClean += 2>><</link>>.<br><</if>>
  <<if $Stats.Skills['Learning'].value gt 2>>
    <<if $barOrder == false>>Everything was in disorder. I had to find a rhyme and reason to where everything was <<link "placed" `passage()`>><<set $barPrepTime -->><<set $barClean += 2>><</link>>.<br><</if>><</if>>
</if>>
The variables needed for cleaning the bar are only initialized if $barPrepTime == 0 which happens only if you pick path "Fuck you too" available for spoiled/sophisticated Claires. The other two paths ("ask for help" or "jump into it") will fall into else branch and the game will effectively soft-lock because the page will be empty: none of the conditions in else branch are met and so no text/links get printed.

Since the game will loop through this passage repeatedly the initialization should happen in the scene before. Also, performing action should set relevant variable to true -- as it is they remain even after player already took care about given issue.

Next scene, clicking on any of the customer types simply loops back to [M002 - D1Bar] instead of printing relevant passage. I'm starting to think this part of the game wasn't yet supposed to be seen by the public..? :v

A working version of this snippet:
Code:
    <<if $V1 == false>>It felt like I was being approached by a legion of men in identical suits, loose ties, and thirsty [[expressions|M002 - D1BarV1][$barClean --]].<br><</if>>
    <<if $V2 == false>>There were some intrigued at the new girl and wanted to see how she [[stacked up|M002 - D1BarV2][$barClean --]].<br><</if>>
    <<if $V3 == false>>Others were simply [[skeeves|M002 - D1BarV3][$barClean --]].<br><</if>>
    <<if $V4 == false>>Some were [[generous|M002 - D1BarV4][$barClean --]].<br><</if>>
    <<if $V5 == false>>And then there were those that came for the [[drinks|M002 - D1BarV5][$barClean --]].<br><</if>>
Also, the barWins variable needs to be initialized at 0 before the loop. Currently the score amounts to NaN regardless of performance, and all checks which involve it will fail.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 25 Votes