ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Hmm, one more question: the end page for current demo makes it sound like 0.5 release is supposed to have information in dossier:

1714018167614.png

But... as far as i can tell, the content of "personal-spy" page never gets added to the dossier. So no, it definitely doesn't help to understand what is going on. Just wondering if this feature was pushed back, or if it's supposed to be working but it's affected by a bug and doesn't get enabled.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
One more thing: in Act 1 the mission to get hired at the bar provides prostitution path... but only to Claire who dropped out of high school (CC.age is -2, or -1) Every other Claire (else) only gets offer to work at the bar or as a dancer. Not sure if this is oversight or intentional, but the later seems a bit odd when we can meet Tara who is American and older than MC but working as one regardless.
Intended! The *intention* is that Claire should not be prostituting out of the gates. It's possible (clearly) based on choices, but not where the story is intending to go. The other paths can lead to prostitution eventually.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Hmm, one more question: the end page for current demo makes it sound like 0.5 release is supposed to have information in dossier:

View attachment 3572214

But... as far as i can tell, the content of "personal-spy" page never gets added to the dossier. So no, it definitely doesn't help to understand what is going on. Just wondering if this feature was pushed back, or if it's supposed to be working but it's affected by a bug and doesn't get enabled.
Ah, that was due to our last UX/UI person just disappearing. I've gone in and re-coded it.

I do need to update the EXIT passage though! (always a last and usually forgotten thought as we focus on releases)

Reactions: ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Ah, that was due to our last UX/UI person just disappearing. I've gone in and re-coded it.

I do need to update the EXIT passage though! (always a last and usually forgotten thought as we focus on releases)
Ahh, i see. Good to know.

Speaking of UI though, there's one thing you might want to consider: there's these Body status modifiers the game can (and does) inflict on the MC, but there's zero indication when the character is suffering from them, and even the flavor text doesn't really convey that they are a thing. But considering how they can be absolutely brutal on the stats -- e.g. on the next day after visiting the club Claire has -2 to basically all her skills because she's both tired and suffering from hangover -- it'd be really good to have something like maybe warning icon(s) on the left pane, when these things are affecting player's character?

Reactions: berny

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Ahh, i see. Good to know.

Speaking of UI though, there's one thing you might want to consider: there's these Body status modifiers the game can (and does) inflict on the MC, but there's zero indication when the character is suffering from them, and even the flavor text doesn't really convey that they are a thing. But considering how they can be absolutely brutal on the stats -- e.g. on the next day after visiting the club Claire has -2 to basically all her skills because she's both tired and suffering from hangover -- it'd be really good to have something like maybe warning icon(s) on the left pane, when these things are affecting player's character?
Yeah, that's a future implementation thing. Unfortunately sometimes one phase (UI) is faster than the other (game) or vice versa.

Reactions: ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Yeah, that's a future implementation thing. Unfortunately sometimes one phase (UI) is faster than the other (game) or vice versa.
This is semi-related, but brings me to a bug concerning the mind breaks:

Code:
<<if $mindCorruption gt $Stats.Traits['Stable'].value>>
The problem with this check is: there is no check if there is any actual mind corruption to affect MC. This can potentially cause Claire to crack even if her mindCorruption is 0, simply because her stability went below 0 as result of exhaustion she starts with combined with hangover or similar status (if the player didn't opt to raise lower initial stability)

It'd be probably better to make this:
Code:
<<if $mindCorruption gt 0 and $mindCorruption gt $Stats.Traits['Stable'].value>>
So if Claire is cracking it's over some actual reason to do so.

Reactions: CassieBare

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Hmm got error on the club prostitute path, too:

1714063341246.png

It seems to be the same like on the dancer path, because it's apparently this block:
Code:
        <<path [[M002 - D1Whore]]>>
          No need to waste time. It was obvious what I needed to do. So...do it.
which makes the game balk, and removing it has things proceed normally... but there doesn't seem to be anything unusual about it. The passage is defined and accessible on other paths. Hopefully you can figure it out.

edit: further down the path, this passage:

Code:
                Beyond my soul's firm attachment, I still stood out like a sore thumb. I was so, //so// clearly Western. So blatantly American. <<if $CC.age is -2>>And despite their youth, I was younger.<<elseif $CC.age is -1 >>Though I was about their age.<<elseif $CC.age is 0>>And older than any of them. Barring one (as far as I could tell), who had me by a good margin.<<else>>So much older than any of them. Barring Tara.<</if>> Most decisively, though: new. Fresh, 'unspoiled', and novel.
elseif $CC.age is 0 doesn't take into account Claire who is onlya year older (after the gap year) as opposed to being 4-5 years older. Might be better to change condition to elseif $CC.age lt 2 Additionally, the last variant mentions Tara by name even if in this scenario Claire doesn't actually know Tara (yet)

A more serious glitch:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The content of the paths (and the linked follow-up) is swapped after relationship change: if you accept Tara's help MC actually rejects her, while rejecting her has Claire act positively.

Also, accepting help should probably set $knowsTara to true, as it'll stay false otherwise even though Claire just got to know her.

edit: wrong passage linked here:
Code:
              He jerked up from the couch, smiling and blushing as his cohort gave some woots and cheers, watching us [[depart|M002 - D1Whore][$D1John = "Virgin"]].
should be M002 - D1WhoreSex instead.

and a reversed check here: should be testing for false instead:
Code:
<<if $Body.braless == true>>I reached back and undid my <<link "bra">><<bra>><</link>>, freeing the girls.<</if>>
The undressing sequence with the virgin dude also doesn't include the bottom, so Claire potentially is left in a skirt/pants at the end of it.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Taking a quick detour to Bangkok:
Code:
<<if $Body.sexuality == "lesbian">>
  Fuck. Yeah, this //was// dangerous, because Kate was gorgeous and all I could think about was how much skin I could see and how I wanted to see more.
// ...
Shiiiiit. Betting bisexual Claires would like a shot at Kate too :sneaky:

$Body.sexuality != "straight" might be better..?

Also,
Code:
  <<path [[ACTI004 - HardCockCafe]]>>
    Join him now.
should be "her".

Last edited:

bksharp

Feb 25, 2019
Enjoyable little game!

I really wish actions and choices, especially in the early part of the game, would be more overt with the consequences when it comes to stats and potential paths. Or maybe allow the character to be good at more things simultaniously? Having early game character choices lockout paths down the road like in highschool, university jobs and beyond make me feel a bit frustrated.

The text scrolling/typing animation in early parts of the game looks fancy be really slows things down, especially with the structure of this game, which has forking paths and require replaying multiple times. This compounds with the previous point I mentioned. Every new playthrough feels a little bit like a drag. This is nitpicking of course.

Also while I understand immersion ans stuff, I really wish I can manipulate character stats directly on the fly, so I don't have to restart a playthrough to experience some side contents.

Overall quite solid stuff. I'm especially happy to see that the game strides foward with story progress and content.

Last edited:

Jacob82

Jan 1, 2019
Ik that it is hard or too much to add, but I just ask. Is there a military path in the future? If you will make it, don't forget the branches.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Ik that it is hard or too much to add, but I just ask. Is there a military path in the future? If you will make it, don't forget the branches.
Unfortunately, not a chance. Especially given you are asking for six branches (gotta remember Coast Guard and Space Force!).

That'd be a number of development cycles (3? 6?...so we're talking a *year* to implement, easy) on its own to ensure there was different, interesting content for each of them. And then have tie-ins for the main game.

It's not in scope, nor the story we're trying to tell -- there hasn't been a single mention of the military at all, as far as I remember.

Jacob82

Jan 1, 2019
Unfortunately, not a chance. Especially given you are asking for six branches (gotta remember Coast Guard and Space Force!).

That'd be a number of development cycles (3? 6?...so we're talking a *year* to implement, easy) on its own to ensure there was different, interesting content for each of them. And then have tie-ins for the main game.

It's not in scope, nor the story we're trying to tell -- there hasn't been a single mention of the military at all, as far as I remember.
I see. But I am not an American. I like your game. (y)(y)(y)

RhasAlGhul

Feb 22, 2018
does anyone know the exact choices form beginning to after prom to get dad as a first sexual partner? I've tried abusive, loving, ugly, ability to fuck, etc. nothing seems to work

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
does anyone know the exact choices form beginning to after prom to get dad as a first sexual partner? I've tried abusive, loving, ugly, ability to fuck, etc. nothing seems to work
Generally you'll need Claire to have "hurt" background. To get it, you can pick following combinations:

* mother: "excited", father: any but loving, though the day to day was rough
* mother: "too young", father: any but gone, Because she didn't know how to handle him -- he handled us
* mother: "who didn't want me", father: any but gone, But I didn't need much reminding. I wear the scars every day
* mother: "who felt I ruined her life", father: any but gone, or, more appropriately, I was the battlefield
* mother: "ready again", father: abusive, Since Dad's attention was so fickle, and focused

With the "hurt" background Dad will be included on the list of potential first partners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainjailhunter
4.10 star(s) 25 Votes