VN Ren'Py Blurring the Walls [v0.5.2] [Torimiata]

4.50 star(s) 44 Votes

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
While I'm truly grateful for the support from my Patreon subscribers, I want to reiterate that my driving goal is to create a really good game in the genre. In fact, as many know, I initially started this project entirely for free with no intentions of opening it up to patrons.

I am a solo developer working on this part-time, so ensuring each update meets my standards is the top priority, even if that requires more development time than initially expected.

For stable releases specifically, the release cadence has been:
0.5.2 → today (33 days)
0.5.2 → 30 April (100 days , longer due to implementing feedback/improvements )
0.4.2 → 21 January (61 days)
0.3.2 → 21 Nov (50 days)
0.2.7 → 2 Oct

I cannot work on the next chapter until the previous one is fully complete and polished and note that the amount of content is variable and 0.5.x had a lot more content compared to any other release.

Honest truth is that for those looking for frequent incremental updates, this may not be the project for you but I believe those who appreciate the care and craft I put into each release and iteration will find it well worth the wait.
My dude, you have single handedly changed my prejudices toward AI CG games. I used to filter them out, as low quality cash grabs, but I just stumbled upon this game and WOW. The art is great, but the scenes are the hottest scenes on this entire site imo. They are long, and steadily build tension. You actually GET the genre you're writing about and understand that building that tension within the reader, the characters and the situation amps reader's "enjoyment" while playing. Thank you for not moving too fast with the action. I'm definitely gonna support!
Good Luck with the project, and can't wait for the next update. I know it'll be worth the wait!

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
its not about that. if u read the posts u will understand.
since u don't, Im forced to explain so u understand right?

it all started with what is the next thing and what could be natural for the characters.
to have her fucking someone at this point is not realistic and I pointed that out
I wrote one scenario could be a 3some and that Terrace can do some lewd stuff but not penetration
but I dont see why not the MC can.
but kristo0086 wrote it will NEVER happen, as the MC is just a watcher and any scene with another "superior" dude will just have someone else fuck her.

I don't agree. and for me that stinks NTR. do whateverfuck u want with that, I dont care. but thats how I see it.
why can't the MC fuck I don't understand and its just stupid.
There's 2 routes, hopefully both the NTR guys and the strictly NTS crowd can be happy?

Personally I would love for Terrace to get more physical with Yumi. I think MC would love seeing him grope all over her, and even cum all over her like in his fantasy. BUT I don't think Terrace has to actually penetrate Yumi in order to play that role. Ari has already groped Yumi multiple times, spanked and fingered Yumi to climax in front of MC and he loved it. There's SO much more room to play with as far as Yumi's exhibitionist kink goes, and none of them require another guy's penis inside of her. So I'm hoping for one of those routes to be without another guy fucking her, mainly focused on finding new ways to get herself off while teasing MC to the max. Another route where Ari corrupts her further, convincing her to be more daring and eventually into pushing her towards putting Terrace's cock inside her while MC watches.

Reactions: Torimiata and baka

kristo0086

Nov 17, 2021
There's 2 routes, hopefully both the NTR guys and the strictly NTS crowd can be happy?

Personally I would love for Terrace to get more physical with Yumi. I think MC would love seeing him grope all over her, and even cum all over her like in his fantasy. BUT I don't think Terrace has to actually penetrate Yumi in order to play that role. Ari has already groped Yumi multiple times, spanked and fingered Yumi to climax in front of MC and he loved it. There's SO much more room to play with as far as Yumi's exhibitionist kink goes, and none of them require another guy's penis inside of her. So I'm hoping for one of those routes to be without another guy fucking her, mainly focused on finding new ways to get herself off while teasing MC to the max. Another route where Ari corrupts her further, convincing her to be more daring and eventually into pushing her towards putting Terrace's cock inside her while MC watches.
No, it's not like that. There are 2 routes but they are Netorase. Thanks to the developer for focusing on Netorase.

Griev

Dec 7, 2021
No, it's not like that. There are 2 routes but they are Netorase. Thanks to the developer for focusing on Netorase.
That's good too.
I don't really WANT to see Yumi in an NTR situation, but I'd still support Dev if he went that route simply because I think he'd present it well going by what he's given us so far.
Thanks for replying!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Torimiata

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Please get rid of all the renpy.pause(hard=true,delay=2.0). If not I'll easily mod the next version to replace them with standard pauses. It's bad renpy dev practice anyway, hard pauses should be used extremely sparingly.

Torimiata

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2023
I understand that different players have different preferences, I like hard pauses in this game and in others as well, and here's why:

Timing is important. Pauses can build suspense, emphasize important moments, or give the player a moment. The power of pauses and all of that.

Normal pauses can sometimes be skipped accidentally if a player reads quickly and clicks through the dialogue even if they have no intention of actually skipping anything.

The hard pauses in the game are skippable after they have been seen once anyway.

So far, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, the feedback regarding hard pauses has come from players who seem less engaged with the story and game. Making changes based on this feedback could alter the experience for those who enjoy the narrative as designed. So unless this changes I don't have intentions of changing anything.

I have no issues if you personally mod the game to fit your preferences though, it's a free game lol

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Timing is important. Pauses can build suspense, emphasize important moments, or give the player a moment. The power of pauses and all of that.
You abuse the hell out of it.
1717808621422.png

Normal pauses can sometimes be skipped accidentally if a player reads quickly and clicks through the dialogue even if they have no intention of actually skipping anything.
That means they are not interested in those moments anyway, so what's the harm?

The hard pauses in the game are skippable after they have been seen once anyway.
So suffer through it the first playthrough for no good reason?

So far, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, the feedback regarding hard pauses has come from players who seem less engaged with the story and game.
1717808855277.png

Making changes based on this feedback could alter the experience for those who enjoy the narrative as designed.
Doubtful. Those that play and are paying attention to every little detail and want the theatrical experience aren't holding down CTRL or rapidly clicking to proceed. Even if they "accidentally" skip a pause, they can rollback if they really want to wait for some reason.

So unless this changes I don't have intentions of changing anything.
That's your right, of course.

With that said... from the creator of Ren'Py.

1717809196158.png

He even went on to call the hard pause a "misfeature" in another post and has no plans on adding additional uses for it.

Anyway, I won't touch on the the subject again. Your game, do what you want. But those little QoL things can drastically change someone's opinion of your game and if they want to support you or not.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
That means they are not interested in those moments anyway, so what's the harm?
Exactly.
So far, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, the feedback regarding hard pauses has come from players who seem less engaged with the story and game. Making changes based on this feedback could alter the experience for those who enjoy the narrative as designed. So unless this changes I don't have intentions of changing anything.
This isn't something to get defensive about; like I and GOOML above pointed out - it's a matter of accepted practice.

Players who take large amounts of time on each screen aren't likely to accidentally skip over segments anyway. PyTom's quote really sums it up, you're taking control away from the player. You have a captive audience, and you're abusing it. If your images and animations are good, players shouldn't want to skip past them - on the contrary, the quality of the scene itself will keep them on that page.

And on a positive note, you've nothing to worry about with the quality of your images, they're quite good, so this shouldn't even be a consideration.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
can you give an example of where one of these occur in-game?
Sure - frequently during sex scenes, anytime when you click to go to the next screen, and nothing happens for a moment. You may not even notice it other than the game feeling slightly "laggy" during those parts.

4.50 star(s) 44 Votes