Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
My first ending was Dead End 1, which I got multiple times by trying every possible option there
Best girl is MJ, because Chill Yandere is something I never knew I wanted
For the record, the elevator pitch for her character was "If Wendy Corduroy was a yandere."

Goukijin

Jun 3, 2017
Thanks! Did you have any trouble figuring out what was going on there? I had some feedback that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But there's me, going all meta like I'm writing frickin' Doki Doki Literature Club.
Personally, I had no issues figuring it out, since I already had experience with odd meta game stuff through things like Undertale and DDLC. I also really loved that extra touch of the message changing under the title. I hope you make another game cause the writing and feel of this was right up my alley. Even without all the sex I probably would still like it.

Jag

Jul 18, 2017
I went through and compiled a full walkthrough for everyone who is struggling. I did not do the thing a lot of VN walkthroughs do and use the save system to keep track of branching paths, instead each path is given a full walkthrough separately. This is useful for people who only need one or two more paths to finish, but it can also be used to start from a blank file and get all the endings in rapid succession (CTRL key is your friend in this situation).

These paths are not the only way to reach a given ending, but I tried to find simple ways with the least number of choices to reach each ending. This game is amazingly put together, and trying to figure out every branch and every little change to each ending would be a gigantic amount of work. I just want to say that Saberoge did a fantastic job on this game.

Not much in the way of notes is necessary. About the only thing that might confuse people is that I just call the renameable native girl Native. Also, keep in mind that there are scenes you will miss following this guide. For instance, when you meet Weiss, you can answer "Let her go" in order to see a scene with three girls in the spring. This guide never takes that path as it meets up with the same path as going with Weiss only with more choices to confuse people.

And now, here's a completed save. Unzip it into your game directory so that the persistent file ends up at
<GameDirectory>\game\saves\
You may also need to put the persistent file at
C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\boat-1517739411\
Since I don't know which place Ren'Py loads from if the files don't match.
Keep in mind that the only thing this unlocks is ending replays as there is no gallery.

Also, I attached a text version of the above walkthrough so it's easier to read in a text editor.

Last edited:

Jag

Jul 18, 2017
"Which ending did you get first?" question, with a side of "Who is Best Girl and Worst Girl?"
Harem ending because I always start by choosing the first option available every time. There are so many games where choosing always the first option will get you half the content then choosing the second option every time gets you the other half. I always try this first.

I don't really go in for best and worst girl stuff. I want to make it clear that I love the writing and work put into this game. It's just that none of them hit my likes/dislikes in any profound way. Also, it probably doesn't help that I spent so much time dissecting the game to write the walkthrough that I didn't really invest myself in the characters.

I guess you could say that, to me, best girl was Saberoge's work and worst girl was the fact there isn't yet more of it.

Last edited:

Archer

Jun 20, 2017
There's also three other name choices that do something interesting if you use them in combination with a specific route. That is, it's the same thing, but you have three chances to find it... out of every conceivable woman's name there is. I might not kill myself looking for those, but know that they exist
It crossed my mind at certain points 'what if Native's name was X here', but didn't actually give it a try. I had thought that it might be names that were already existing in the game

There’s a common naming convention if you meet a native on an island whose name you don’t know, after all.
It might be common, but I have no idea what it is. :confused: I did some quick googling but not sure what you mean here.

3. I had one beta tester play literally one route, then quit on me. (Dead End 1, if you're wondering.) The rest was all me, and a lot of hard work. So thank you.
That's amazing.

Going to a fake menu made them think the game had crashed, which I probably could've done a better job leaving hints
wasn't the case.
For what it's worth, I thought this was brilliant. It was pretty clear to me when I tried to scroll over load game and there was no option what had happened.

Also, since I like feedback so much, let me ask you my standard "Which ending did you get first?" question, with a side of "Who is Best Girl and Worst Girl?"
I think workaday, though I did a lot of saving and reloading to explore other branches in the middle of the game while playing so I'm not sure.

with a side of "Who is Best Girl and Worst Girl?"
I'll go fuck, marry, kill style
Fuck: Native
Marry: Melendy
Kill: The nudists

It is a bit hard to give you an answer because the game doesn't play out along the dating sim route of exploring their personalities and building the relationships. The humor, and MC attitudes, doesn't build toward a favorite relationship girl type of game (for me, at least).

Last edited:

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
It crossed my mind at certain points 'what if Native's name was X here', but didn't actually give it a try. I had thought that it might be names that were already existing in the game
There are a few of those, maybe not as many as there should be, but it does come up a couple times I thought it would be relevant, like if you named her
It might be common, but I have no idea what it is. I did some quick googling but not sure what you mean here.
I'll go fuck, marry, kill style
Fuck: Native
Marry: Melendy
Kill: The nudists
Pleasantly surprised to see, from the feedback I've gotten, people are liking Melendy. I wondered how she'd go over, since she spends so much of her screen time insulting the MC. (Of course, it may just depend on how you feel about the MC.)

Reactions: Slothththththth

TwistedTeddy

Jun 1, 2017
Screenshot (40).png
Is anyone else playing the game like this? I kinda like doing it like this adds an extra layer to the story. Also if by broken Hawaiian you mean the fact that with auto detect it was finding portages in there then "bravo" I'm happy that i found out like that. Besides that occasionally it doesn't make sense how its worded i just blame that on the translate website, but what if that's not the case. I have to say i really like this game!! Like a lot!!! Then after reading through just like 2 or 3 comments to find out this is like Doki Doki, i was extra interested in this game. Which i only got to play a little bit of it for my YouTube channel(The Ocanas Boyz). All in all i can't wait to get back to the game.

• Haha
Reactions: Bastod

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
lol
I admit I also used some good'ol google translation to find out what the heck she was babbling about, but then again I also just began scratching the surface of the game, I guess, with like an hour of gameplay put into it - yet.

Out of curiosity, were you using some sort of OCR software to get the Hawaiian sentences and paste it into the translation software?
I tried out some things, but it was quite time-consuming, and I could see it would become really tiring, really fast, if she were to have many lines! :)

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
View attachment 418575
Is anyone else playing the game like this? I kinda like doing it like this adds an extra layer to the story. Also if by broken Hawaiian you mean the fact that with auto detect it was finding portages in there then "bravo" I'm happy that i found out like that. Besides that occasionally it doesn't make sense how its worded i just blame that on the translate website, but what if that's not the case. I have to say i really like this game!! Like a lot!!! Then after reading through just like 2 or 3 comments to find out this is like Doki Doki, i was extra interested in this game. Which i only got to play a little bit of it for my YouTube channel(The Ocanas Boyz). All in all i can't wait to get back to the game.
Thanks! And let me know how the game turns out for you. There’s a lot of paths to go down, and I’m always interested in what ending people get first. Plus I put a lot of work into the characters, so I wonder which ones went over well and which didn’t.

As to your question about the native, I’m not sure what you mean by ‘portages’ but she’s definitely meant to be speaking Hawaiian about as well as that site tells you she is. There’s an in-story explanation for why she does that comes up in a few routes.

Anyway, let me know how it turns out for you, and leave a review if you have the time. All feedback is welcomed.

H

hagini

This game is amazing!

My only complaint is that there isn't a route that uses every character. But at least everyone gets a happy ending at the true ending. Although I do like the route where

And for anyone who wants to know, if you name the native

Also, names of the songs used on all of the ending credits? Including the epilogue instrumental that kind of sounds Nickelback-ish?

Reactions: e-disfunction

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
This game is amazing!

My only complaint is that there isn't a route that uses every character.
Thanks! Y'know, I never even thought of trying to put every character in one route, what with them all being… so widely separated, and all. But I wonder if I could have, now.
Also, names of the songs used on all of the ending credits? Including the epilogue instrumental that kind of sounds Nickelback-ish?
That is literally Nickelback’s “Photograph” with the vocals removed. Almost sounds like a completely different song, doesn’t it?

Aside from that we’ve got:
I think that’s all of them, but let me know if there’s one I missed. And hey, thanks for staying for the credits. I had no idea how many players would even do that when I was coding them.

Reactions: e-disfunction

potatofarmer138

Mar 6, 2019
Man, that was fantastic. I apparently spent all day playing it! So thanks; I really enjoyed the story.

Oh, and I got Weiss end first (no apostrophe.)

goddamn it's been forever since I've used bbcode

Reactions: Saberoge
H

hagini

Thanks! Y'know, I never even thought of trying to put every character in one route, what with them all being… so widely separated, and all. But I wonder if I could have, now.

That is literally Nickelback’s “Photograph” with the vocals removed. Almost sounds like a completely different song, doesn’t it?

Aside from that we’ve got:
I think that’s all of them, but let me know if there’s one I missed. And hey, thanks for staying for the credits. I had no idea how many players would even do that when I was coding them.
Thanks!

Reactions: Saberoge

Saberoge

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2019
Man, that was fantastic. I apparently spent all day playing it! So thanks; I really enjoyed the story.

Oh, and I got Weiss end first (no apostrophe.)

goddamn it's been forever since I've used bbcode
Thanks! So this is what I’m interested in about how people experience the story: That ending’s pretty standard island survival, right? So were you at all thrown when you hit a route that involved

Also, did you have a favorite or least favorite ending, or character?

Oct 8, 2018
This is arguable the most fun I've ever had replaying a game to find alternate endings. Fucking well done Saberoge. Im anxious to see what your next game is

4.70 star(s) 15 Votes