3.20 star(s) 32 Votes

Sid01

Apr 8, 2018
# BBS é uma versão melhorada de BB

# BBS started as a better version for the BB concept. RA's even included same model as Alice (Liza). Zip is now including a hot aunt. Sounds familiar?!
And maybe the problem is that the BB project is continued by people who want to make money from it and not actually create something from scratch. In general, anyone can continue Bobbie's story because the pattern and scenes are known, but it is not motivating enough for someone who have enough time to create it.

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
And maybe the problem is that the BB project is continued by people who want to make money from it and not actually create something from scratch. In general, anyone can continue Bobbie's story because the pattern and scenes are known, but it is not motivating enough for someone who have enough time to create it.
Yeah, i feel there is sometimes not enough passion or no idea, how to progress the game, so they introduce second tier, 3rd tier, or even 4th tier characters, watering down the contents and delaying progression of 1st tier characters... Or even breaking the game because of it.

Sid01

Apr 8, 2018
I have story and time but not powerful pc once i get pc maybe i work on game :KEK:
You don't need a powerful computer to create a good, interesting game that will attract players. Graphics do not have to be in super hi tech 4k resolution. That was Zip's explanation.

Reactions: edgaia

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
According to requirements you can

but ok, the program may run slowly.
Why even use DAZ? AI generated people looks so real, if you are not looking too closely you wouldn't know the difference.

Example:
download.jpg

I just searched for "ai generated people" and picked a random site and got that picture.

If you install stable diffusion or whatever AI software on your PC you can get it to make the scene for you, instead of having to sit at your computer and do the posing, lighting, facial expression and background etc...

You can just type some keywords in the AI software, go make your self a cup of tea and come back to see what scene was produced by AI.

Plus you get the benefit of it looking like real people instead of the DAZ models.

Either case you'll need a graphics card with a lot of RAM and decent processing power.

I would say the minimum amount of RAM should not be lower than 6GB if you want any decent speed for rendering.

RTX 4060 would be good or you can get a used older generation GTX 1070/1080 with 8GB of VRAM for about half the price of the RTX.

• Haha
Reactions: Mammolo and dvstt

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah, i feel there is sometimes not enough passion or no idea, how to progress the game, so they introduce second tier, 3rd tier, or even 4th tier characters, watering down the contents and delaying progression of 1st tier characters... Or even breaking the game because of it.
Não é esse o problema

# For newcomers it's not an inspiration problem but one of (lack of) resilience ... The problem is that it's a quite demanding (learning daz, renpy,...) and time consuming endeavour if starting from scratch. And problems keep piling up when poorly coded...

I truly believe Zip's is flooded with ideas. But he gets overwhelmed... That dilution you mention by inserting artificial/useless new content/characters is probably an attempt to drift away from the original. To make it truly his own. But it simply doesn't work (and there's milking too...)

But I get what you mean. If there were passion and clear intent this would have been streamlined a long time ago, by whomever... I guess we'll never know...

Last edited:

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Why even use DAZ? AI generated people looks so real, if you are not looking too closely you wouldn't know the difference.

Example:
View attachment 3838321

I just searched for "ai generated people" and picked a random site and got that picture.

If you install stable diffusion or whatever AI software on your PC you can get it to make the scene for you, instead of having to sit at your computer and do the posing, lighting, facial expression and background etc...

You can just type some keywords in the AI software, go make your self a cup of tea and come back to see what scene was produced by AI.

Plus you get the benefit of it looking like real people instead of the DAZ models.

Either case you'll need a graphics card with a lot of RAM and decent processing power.

I would say the minimum amount of RAM should not be lower than 6GB if you want any decent speed for rendering.

RTX 4060 would be good or you can get a used older generation GTX 1070/1080 with 8GB of VRAM for about half the price of the RTX.
Não é assim tao simples....

# That's not that simple. It's hard to get consistency throughout renders, plus sometimes you can't put into words certain levels of detail. Once you master daz, you're good to go. I know, the rendering time... For instant renders, Unreal engine is still the best option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sid01 and john1230

john1230

Oct 6, 2020
Não é assim tao simples....

# That's not that simple. It's hard to get consistency throughout renders, plus sometimes you can't put into words certain levels of detail. Once you master daz, you're good to go. I know, the rendering time... For instant renders, Unreal engine is still the best option.
Why do you have to kill my dream of having a realistic looking BBS game?:cry:

Screw it, there's still hope. Someone can take the images that is already in the game and use the AI filter to make them look real.

Hope is not lost!

edgaia

Dec 28, 2018
Why do you have to kill my dream of having a realistic looking BBS game?:cry:

Screw it, there's still hope. Someone can take the images that is already in the game and use the AI filter to make them look real.

Hope is not lost!
É questão de tempo

# It's a matter of time. Rendering engines are incorporating AI tools. It's coming.

And yes someone could use those but again consistency. Give it a try and you'll see. Another caveat is that your "work" is public...

A few years ago a guy from my country used photoshop to edit some of zip's renders to make saucier endings. In fact zip used some of his ideas thereafter. Something like that could happen again, now with AI. But don't hold your breath...

Scotty1212

Donor
Jun 2, 2017
He means there is a lack of an update, so there's nothing to pirate.:LOL:

So much for updating at the end of each month, I guess it's bi-monthly now if he manages to put one out in the next few days.:confused:
It's already bi-monthly lol ... with 1 week he had extra from the last update plus 3 weeks delay...
So in total, its 3 months now.... Plus he always vanishes, when there are issues.
So i would say, not a chance for this weekend. And... He recruited one guy, a dev from Backdoor connection, to get some help.
So maybe instead of changing lighting, he changes the story... To match the Backdoor connection story, and the game will get a total rewrite? Another 10 years, is my guess ...

• Haha
Reactions: edgaia and john1230
3.20 star(s) 32 Votes