VN Bonds of Trust - A game idea with the focus on a Dom/Sub-relationship

Which 3 hair styles do you prefer? (1 - 10)

• Total voters

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think at this point I'm going to conclude that Daz is weird and I won't understand it unless I try it. None of the things I've ever retextured were anything like as strange as it sounds.
It's all a matter of if it uses a normal texture map, most things do, but some are not...

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Ok I was thinking of doing something like a short demo or demos first. That means I want to use them to set the focus on side characters and give them short stories or maybe even only single scenes.

I have to say I have really trouble creating male characters in Daz, in comparison to female characters the amount of assets and possibilities are quite limited.
So you already saw the female part of this side couple. Now I was working on the male for quite some time. I wanted this couple as the focus on a young woman about 19 or 20 years old that is in a relationship with a much older man, who is mid to end 50. This relationship is BDSM focused, but in total it focused on the daddy-baby girl relationship of the two. It is not that he is her sugar daddy or anything. The two of them are in a romantically relationship, but with some special kinks ;)

So it was really really important for me that he looks likable, not creepy and loving. But I also think it is quite difficult to achieve in Daz.
Do you I was able to achieve that?
And do you think that he looks too old for his age?
Please tell me what you think about him. :)
GP_Edward_3.png

GP_Edward_4.png

I played around with Depth of Field on this one, wasn't exactly how I wanted but it is just a test.
GP_Amalia_Edward_1.png

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Please tell me what you think about him.
He looks fine to me. I'm guessing he dyes his hair, most men are grey by that age.
If men are that hard to do though, you could always have the scene wherever you set the game weighted towards women. I doubt you'd get many complaints that a male-protagonist game doesn't have many other men in it.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
He looks like Jeff Bridges' character in the first Iron Man (aside from the fact that Bridges was bald).

I think you achieve your goal in the closeup, and in the third you see how you can achieve your aims via the expressions or body language of other characters, but in the full-body shot he looks a little more dangerous, and I think it's mostly due to the fact that he's looking slightly downward with hands that appear to be poised for a strike. A lot of what you're trying to depict is just as dependent on positioning and staging as it is on the character itself.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
He looks fine to me. I'm guessing he dyes his hair, most men are grey by that age.
If men are that hard to do though, you could always have the scene wherever you set the game weighted towards women. I doubt you'd get many complaints that a male-protagonist game doesn't have many other men in it.
I am still looking for a way to give him some grey strands. And I try to reduce the amount of wrinkles a bit.
Problem is for what I have planned, I need nearly the same amount of male characters a female characters. And they won't be only shown in first person perspective, so they need to look likable and not creepy or I don't feel good about it.
I mean the main game will focus on just one couple, so the other males aren't a problem in it. They have their own partners and relationships. This game won't be something were you can fuck any female you meat :D

He looks like Jeff Bridges' character in the first Iron Man (aside from the fact that Bridges was bald).

I think you achieve your goal in the closeup, and in the third you see how you can achieve your aims via the expressions or body language of other characters, but in the full-body shot he looks a little more dangerous, and I think it's mostly due to the fact that he's looking slightly downward with hands that appear to be poised for a strike. A lot of what you're trying to depict is just as dependent on positioning and staging as it is on the character itself.
He really does :D Damn, not even planned :D

I have to agree that the fullbody shot wasn't idealy posed. I actually was going for a casual pose, but yeah posing isn't my strength. It is also kind of weird, naked he isn't the slimmest type and dousn't really has much muscle mass. But here with the suit he kind of looks buffer :D

Reactions: TheDevian

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Well, a younger Character would look less creepy. Older Male Characters often look like a typical old creep.
Well in my opinion 90% of the male characters look creepy in those games, not only older ones. And this one has to be in his 50s ;)

• Haha

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Well I am like half the age of this character, so yeah :D
The main male protagonist of Bonds of Trust will be in his 30s. This one is a side character, that will be part of a side story that I will do as a demo, because I don't feel ready to start with the main game right from the start :D

• Haha

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I am still looking for a way to give him some grey strands. And I try to reduce the amount of wrinkles a bit.
The wrinkles look fine, not all men that age have them but many do. About the hair, if you don't want him to be the kind who dyes it, entirely grey might be better than a few grey strands; most men start going grey in their 30s, not their 50s.
I mean the main game will focus on just one couple, so the other males aren't a problem in it. They have their own partners and relationships. This game won't be something were you can fuck any female you meat :D
Well, you'll always have people who ask for that, but I was thinking more having a bunch of the other couples be lesbians. If, for example, half the couples are lesbian and half are straight that's only a quarter of characters who need to be male instead of half.

Well I really have trouble playing old ugly Men in Games, can't immerse myself into someone like that.
Personally I have more trouble identifying with all the teenage protagonists out there than older men, although I agree I don't want to play an ugly guy. But this one is supposed to be ugly? If I can look half as good as him when I'm that age, I'll be very happy.

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
Personally I have more trouble identifying with all the teenage protagonists out there than older men
In my experience, the games with teenage protagonists usually have them as total dumbasses who miraculously fall ass-backward into all the sex they could ever want. Games with older protagonists usually have them as being somewhere around average intelligence and generally don't have women immediately throwing themselves at him.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I don't think he's ugly or creepy, and if you want a Daddy/ageplay relationship he'll work just fine.
Yeah I think some slight changes are needed, but then I use him for the Daddy character.

The wrinkles look fine, not all men that age have them but many do. About the hair, if you don't want him to be the kind who dyes it, entirely grey might be better than a few grey strands; most men start going grey in their 30s, not their 50s.
yeah that's true, I don't want to make him all grey, but some grey hair is definitly needed!

Well, you'll always have people who ask for that, but I was thinking more having a bunch of the other couples be lesbians. If, for example, half the couples are lesbian and half are straight that's only a quarter of characters who need to be male instead of half.
Well as side characters I have plans that a lot of people won't like, but I feel like it is needed to protrait the BDSM community correctly. So I want to show all kinds of sexuality (not all forced on the player, but it is there). That's why I can't just do mostly female characters, as much as I would want that ;)

Personally I have more trouble identifying with all the teenage protagonists out there than older men, although I agree I don't want to play an ugly guy. But this one is supposed to be ugly? If I can look half as good as him when I'm that age, I'll be very happy.
I can only agree to this! I really don't get why these charcters look even younger than 18, though 18 is already damn young. I will try my best to make each character look their age or at least close to that age.

In my experience, the games with teenage protagonists usually have them as total dumbasses who miraculously fall ass-backward into all the sex they could ever want. Games with older protagonists usually have them as being somewhere around average intelligence and generally don't have women immediately throwing themselves at him.
Well as the game goes a total different direction as most of these game, I hope I can show their actions as realistically as possible. I also want to have characters that seem like they are actually really thinking about their actions.

Try reducing the number of forehead wrinkles. They make him look tense, which doesn't radiate likability. Keep him weathered, but smooth out his forehead a bit.
I hope I can achieve that in Daz, not sure if I can focus a change on the forehead , but I try my best!

• Thinking Face

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I made the hair a bit more gray. I actually like the color. Then I tried a render without the beard. I have to say he looks a lot older like this. But as long as I can make him likable, I don't think that is would be a problem to make him a few years older.
What do you say?
Edward_compare.png

• Wow