VN Bonds of Trust - A game idea with the focus on a Dom/Sub-relationship

Which 3 hair styles do you prefer? (1 - 10)

• Total voters

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
That sounds like a pretty simple application of the levels tool, am I missing something?
I am not exactly sure what you mean ^^ But I find it difficult to change a texture with for example a red colour sheme to a brown colour sheme.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I am not exactly sure what you mean ^^ But I find it difficult to change a texture with for example a red colour sheme to a brown colour sheme.
Try Colour > Hue-Saturation (I think that's it, I haven't used Photoshop in a while) then lower saturation by 50 and raise hue by 20.
Before and after:
before.jpg after.jpg
Is that the kind of thing you mean?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
That's how I do it in Photoshop, be nice to have a way to do it in daz itself though, selecting just the hair is a pain in a rendered image.

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Sadly, I have to agree, I don't know how hair works like that.
Well or I just don't know it. Maybe Daz has actually funcions for this. I wouldn't wonder about that, they would just be difficult to handle I guess.

Reactions: TheDevian

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
That's how I do it in Photoshop, be nice to have a way to do it in daz itself though, selecting just the hair is a pain in a rendered image.
I'm not familiar with Daz, can you not change the model's textures before rendering? I thought that was what we were talking about. I can't imagine trying to do those kind of adjustments after rendering.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm not familiar with Daz, can you not change the model's textures before rendering? I thought that was what we were talking about. I can't imagine trying to do those kind of adjustments after rendering.
You can for most things, but for hair, not so much. For skin, clothing, etc. most of it is nice and easy, but some of them have the colors baked in, so the only way to change it is to adjust the surfaces in daz, which is ...iffy at best.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Like, I managed to redo these doors and signs...

But trying to put a sticker on these headphones is proving to be difficult.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah some of the textures you to change in another software like in Photoshop. But adding completely new textures is really difficult.

And for the hair, some use textures, some not.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah some of the textures you to change in another software like in Photoshop. But adding completely new textures is really difficult.

And for the hair, some use textures, some not.
I am getting a bit better at the 'making new ones' when I have a template for it, but it is still challenging, especially if you need to make a 'normal' map and shit.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I am getting a bit better at the 'making new ones' when I have a template for it, but it is still challenging, especially if you need to make a 'normal' map and shit.
I find it extremely difficult to place totally new ones in Daz, so that they are placed correctly.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I find it extremely difficult to place totally new ones in Daz, so that they are placed correctly.
Yeah, it's a challenge, even when you made the mesh yourself, you should see some of the fuckups I had trying to make that bug spray can! XD

Last edited:

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Yeah, it's a challenge, even when you made the mesh yourself, you should see some of the fuckups I had trying to make that bug spray can! XD
Well at least you made something in Blender already ^^ I kind of want to learn zbrush at some point.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I think at this point I'm going to conclude that Daz is weird and I won't understand it unless I try it. None of the things I've ever retextured were anything like as strange as it sounds.