Ren'Py Abandoned Book of Corruption [v0.55 Public] [YLA]

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes
Jun 13, 2018
Is no one going to talk about the basic vibrator wand the guy appears to have for a dick? I don't know why that is the thing that puts me off more but hopefully the dev fixes it before long.

Lexie06

Dev of "A New Horizon"
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
The grammar of this game... I'm not good myself at English but it truly makes my eyes bleed, it's like the dev writes all the texts while being blindfolded. This is gonna need loooooot of work to become better... Best of luck to the dev tho.

Ex78

Aug 22, 2019
I don't know, turning LIs into sluts has the potential to turn the game into a three-letter party.
Seems pretty similar to Corruption by mr c
Well Mr C has sort of answered that question with the new version. Girls you directly corrupt will not do anything without your say so the MC's "friend" begs the MC to tell his Landlady to fuck him.

Now I do not have high hopes for this game because the corruption field seem pretty full with games that just get abandoned and with the Patreon start this will most likely fall into that soon unless they start a SubscribeStar.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
From the simplistic overview,
the dev's lack of bothering to even change the HS default male character
(which means he probably downloaded the females elsewhere),
the lack of any story or dialogue,
sandbox,
and the horrid engrish...

Not much hope for this one at all. I doubt very much that we'll even see a single update.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Well Mr C has sort of answered that question with the new version. Girls you directly corrupt will not do anything without your say so the MC's "friend" begs the MC to tell his Landlady to fuck him.

Now I do not have high hopes for this game because the corruption field seem pretty full with games that just get abandoned and with the Patreon start this will most likely fall into that soon unless they start a SubscribeStar.
I like games with romance, so I guess I'll skip this one.

In any case the LIs are fine and I suppose that the story can be good for those who like this kind of thing. But it's not my cup of tea.

That said, wish the developer luck and thank those who shared the game.

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
As several comments already say, this game is very similar to Mr. C's game, that's not bad, but if you don't add something (a lot) to it that makes it different or adds more things to the game (a story, animations, better graphics, events or new mechanics) this will only be a copy of Corruption but with other graphics (although they look very similar) and therefore it will be discarded quickly.

Good luck to the dev and hopefully it evolves into something better than a simple copy.

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
The grammar of this game... I'm not good myself at English but it truly makes my eyes bleed, it's like the dev writes all the texts while being blindfolded. This is gonna need loooooot of work to become better... Best of luck to the dev tho.
I feel the same im afraid, litterly had to quit the game 1 min in, because it started to nag on me. I'm not a perfect person when it comes to english, but if a game is forgetting punctuation, commas, and even Capital letters at the start of a sentance, then thats nothing but lazy writing sorry.

Now dont get me wrong, it doesnt have to be perfect, and i will revisit a game after a while to see if it has bettered itself. But get the main issues above out and work a bit on getting proper grammar in (get some beta-readers that can help you perhaps) and im sure it will increase your games quality alot.

Good luck, and maybe see you in a few versions.

Reactions: Lexie06

Lexie06

Dev of "A New Horizon"
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
I feel the same im afraid, litterly had to quit the game 1 min in, because it started to nag on me. I'm not a perfect person when it comes to english, but if a game is forgetting punctuation, commas, and even Capital letters at the start of a sentance, then thats nothing but lazy writing sorry.

Now dont get me wrong, it doesnt have to be perfect, and i will revisit a game after a while to see if it has bettered itself. But get the main issues above out and work a bit on getting proper grammar in (get some beta-readers that can help you perhaps) and im sure it will increase your games quality alot.

Good luck, and maybe see you in a few versions.
Yeah I'm not asking for everything to be written perfectly either, but some errors are just insulting, like how could you miss it? But I'm not saying that in a mean way, just so the developer understand it and fix it if he ever releases a game update

Erik1986

Jul 5, 2017
Same here, ps for those reading my post, no i did not think Lexie was the creator of the game btw, just some foolish wording on my part.

• Haha
Reactions: Lexie06

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android 0.0.5 APK
Android games updated daily -

Reactions: Allan Trumbull
3.10 star(s) 8 Votes