3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

ZonesIntruder

Jun 23, 2022
You just read this...

"Imagine a world scarred by immense devastation,
with its once-thriving civilizations reduced to ashes, and where hope has all but vanished.
A lone girl, the last of her kind, resurrects an ancient spirit,
forging a unique bond that propels them into an epic journey to find a way to purify the land from dark corruption and repopulate the world.
"

...and then you end up into a marshmallow and other candies coloured Wonderland with feeding cowgirls!!?

I'm having a feeling... my brain's two parts have been splitting for good and leaving my body forever!

Anyway... whoever reads my comments knows I'm always trying to be constructive and never judgemental with other fresh Game Devs like me... so... if you take all the colours away, make the world decadent and gruesome, turn the happily wiggly walking girl into a dark young lady in pain but full of stubborn positive attitude in the chase of the mystery source of seed that can turn the world into a reborn full of lush life world again... well... you kinda gave the gaming world a compelling gem to play with.

Good luck!

Otaku111

Dec 20, 2021
The game looks very nice, its just a shame that my laptop keeps either lagging at a very low framerate or crash...
>GPU1: NVIDIA GeForce MX330
I used both GPUs btw and the game just keeps lagging... only good for visual novels instead of free roaming games
Wow, I had to look up what the MX330 compares to... A GTX 1050 slightly outperforms it, and the 1050 was / is already a pretty weak card.

Basically what Antium said, minus the rant about Nvidia GPUs. So far the TL;DR. lol

Look keep that laptop build a Radeon gpu oriented pc will save you money compared too a NVidia overpriced underperforming 1000$ gpu pc never buy prebuilds (my experience is horrible lmao)
Here the long version.

First off, if you want good advice about a "good choice" for a PC build, more info about what you want / what you need it for, is key.

- To address laptops first: It's surprising how capable laptops these days are. If you need a laptop as a replacement, most laptops with RTX 3rd gen GPUs (or equivalent on AMD's side) are what you're looking for.

- If you don't need to replace you're laptop, it's mostly budget-dependent.
(If I mention an Nvidia GPU, the same applies for AMD cards, but speaking very generally,
AMD cards tend to be cheaper.
However, their software/driver support is often poor on release until they fix it with updates a year or more later.
Nvidia, on the other hand, hasn't cared about reasonable pricing since COVID.)

So that out of the way. Now, assuming you're not replacing the laptop but are still looking for a desktop, it means you want some graphical power.
First, we are exclude hardware you don't need.
CPU's: As long as it's not to old your on the right track. (at least AM4 or equivalent of Intel, though)
GPU's: Anything below Nvidia's 10th gen, and Nvidia cards ending with xx50, are either outdated or were bad cards from day one.

On the CPU side, I don't know what Intel is up to lately, but their newest gens (13th and 14th) run really hot (temperature-wise). Unless you, for whatever reason, want to go with an Intel CPU, I recommend looking at AMD CPUs.

Honestly, anything from Ryzen's 3rd gen or newer, with more than 6 cores/12 threads (6c/12t) (e.g., "Ryzen 5" or higher), will do the trick for any regular gaming PC.
(If you're planning to run emulators or games that benefit off of high single-core performance, a Ryzen CPU with "X3D" at the end is a cool thing to have, but not a must-have, depending on your budget.)

No matter what CPU brand you go with, the performance ups and downs are somewhat similar.
However, even if some new Intel CPUs appear cheaper at first glance, you'll end up paying the same or more once you factor in a suitable motherboard. (MoBo prices are ridiculous lately.)

I would tend to recommend something like:
> CPU - Ryzen 5, 7, or 9 (5xxx series for DDR4, which is cheaper, or 7000 series for DDR5)
> RAM - 32GB (2x16GB) (at the very least, 16GB (2x8GB)), but always use at least two sticks for dual-channel support.
- If DDR4, don't go below 3200MHz.
- If DDR5, around 5600MHz is a good price/performance ratio (with DDR5, the speed doesn't matter as much).
> GPU - Nvidia RTX 4070 or a Radeon 7800 XT.
> Hard Drive - M.2-SSD from Crucial (P3,P5 and MX are drives, I've made good experiences with).
SATA-SSD would also be good if the price is very tempting (It's a difference, but not a "huge" one)) They go for Cheap and live long and fast. (Not the leading in all of those category's, but best balance between those combined.)

(should be around a grand, maybe less. Haven't checkt prices in a while. Don't forget to factor your needed peripherals in.)

That's assuming you're mainly planning on gaming.
If you're thinking about developing, video editing, etc., you can at least double the RAM, and for development, you might want to go for more V-RAM on top of that, on newer cards if you can get your hands on it.
(However, with a system like the one I recommended, all of that is already possible.)

Cheers.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes